Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    I have defected to the PC clan

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Al_wat wrote: »
    It does count all gear you have, including in the vault and on other characters, but only armor of the same class
    I believe this is the case though i haven't seen official confirmation.
    jwalk wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Also, note that your drop level is affected by your maximum potential base power - which is to say that drops are calculated based upon what you have in your inventory, vault and alternate characters..

well no, it doesn't use your vault or alt toons. if that were the case then when you created a new toon, the first thing that dropped would be 300 or whatever..
    you have to have the equipment on that toon, and it has to be useable by them also (can't drop a 305 weapon on a new level 1 toon as they req. level 20)

right?
    It only counts equipment useable by that character, so nothing locked to a different class, and nothing with a level req higher than the character level.

So generally, only weapons, as armor is class locked. This tends to hide the effect somewhat on fresh 20s as their armor is still all crap. Though you can buy off-class exotics from Xur for 1 270 piece.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    edit: what ^he said.

maybe, if it's usable? high LL stuff isn't usable by a new/low level toon.
    otherwise, even only counting your 3 weapons, grey/green loot would start off dropping at level 125 or so. it obviously doesn't.

regarding Xur, yeah I guess I'll buy the other-class stuff he sells and start working on my warlock & hunter :P

jwalk on
  • Options
    By way of example, my warlock was my third character. When i made him my main was I think in the 285-295 range.

About 20 minutes after hitting 20, he was like 275, and despite rarely playing him beyond doing flashpoint and clan xp (not even every week) he's like 301.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I understand the caps...

after this last reset the first 2-3 powerful engrams (milestones) I got dropped at 300, and I was able to upgrade a couple of slots and now I'm at 303 max (or 298 natural). but then the next 2-3 powerful engrams dropped at 296 or 297. ??? how am I supposed to level up if powerful engrams are dropping below my natural LL.

and then blues and purples are dropping at 292-293 (or 298 with a +5mod). which makes no sense if they are supposed to be -5 your natural level (298) ? shouldn't they be dropping at 297-298? or are they supposed to be 10-11 below?

I mean I saved up all my tokens and gunsmith materials until after I did the milestones so I could upgrade my shit, but they are literally dropping at the SAME level they did last week, before this last round of Powerfuls.

is my dude bugged or what?

The March from 300 to 305 is a little tricky because your Powerful Engrams will vary in LL, but if you don't claim an Engram that isn't 300, and come back in a while it can reroll to be 300. I've had this happen to me a few times in the course of a day, and I know for sure nothing else on any of my characters had increased my Light, not even a single point.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    yeah it counts everything you own USABLE by that character, with the caveat that armor is class specific.

so it counts higher power level guns on other characters, class armor in the vault or for some reason on another character, etc

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Man, hand cannons feel so good to use on PC.

I was absolute garbage at hand cannons in Destiny 1.

I've used hand cannons more than any other gun type on PC.

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    yeah it counts everything you own USABLE by that character, with the caveat that armor is class specific.

so it counts higher power level guns on other characters, class armor in the vault or for some reason on another character, etc

Look sometimes my titan likes to just hold a warlock robe and wish he could wear it. There's nothing wrong with that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I have a feeling the Mida multitool is going to be an even bigger nightmare on pc pvp than it is in ps4 pvp

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm definitely curious to hear difficulty comparisons between platforms once people get to endgame content like the raid on PC

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Y'know what, I'm gonna predict that the Skyburner's Annex is gonna end up being really good on PC.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey here's a question

My go-to kinetic weapons (Better Devils, Nameless Midnight and Origin Story) have a blue mod on there that just makes them into a Kinetic weapon.

I don't think I've ever seen a purple Kinetic mod. Do they exist and I'm just unlucky?. How do you get one of these to 305?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Hey here's a question

My go-to kinetic weapons (Better Devils, Nameless Midnight and Origin Story) have a blue mod on there that just makes them into a Kinetic weapon.

I don't think I've ever seen a purple Kinetic mod. Do they exist and I'm just unlucky?. How do you get one of these to 305?
    You have to dismantle purple mods and give those to banshee to get a random purple weapon or armor mod, and the weapon mods can give you purple kinetic mods. Also, like any other purple mods, sometimes weapons will randomly come with one pre-installed.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    All my exotic kinetics have purple mods.

I don't remember seeing any outside of those weapons.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hey here's a question

You have to dismantle purple mods and give those to banshee to get a random purple weapon or armor mod, and the weapon mods can give you purple kinetic mods. Also, like any other purple mods, sometimes weapons will randomly come with one pre-installed.

you can also get them as drops via any of the means in which other purple mods will drop

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hey here's a question

you have to dissassemble legendary mods to get mod parts, then use those to buy legendary weapon mods from the arms vendor. You have a 1/4 shot of getting a legendary kinetic mod

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    It is hilarious how short the “ahh, the light is gone!!!!” Lasts. The moment you get it back is treated like the height of this huge arc and it has been literally five minutes

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    oh!

I've never used the random mod thingy ever so that's why I've never seen one I guess

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Woo, 280 Power. Raid ready I guess, haha. I feel like I've been very lucky with my drops, and the rolls on my exotics! Sturm came in at a cool 291.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Also, note that your drop level is affected by your maximum potential base power - which is to say that drops are calculated based upon what you have in your inventory, vault and alternate characters..

well no, it doesn't use your vault or alt toons. if that were the case then when you created a new toon, the first thing that dropped would be 300 or whatever..
    you have to have the equipment on that toon, and it has to be useable by them also (can't drop a 305 weapon on a new level 1 toon as they req. level 20)

right?

It definitely does, but as has been noted it depends on what you can equip. It takes level and class into account, obviously.

Here is the official word from bungie

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46226

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    punching stuff in this game is fun, applied to the clan

tried the crucible and got murdered by a sword guy a bunch

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I played some story missions with 2 friends

we literally punched every. single. thing. to death in at least 2 missions

like everything

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the fire sticky grenade is good

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    punching stuff in this game is fun, applied to the clan

tried the crucible and got murdered by a sword guy a bunch

Countering a sword is hard until you are pretty familiar with the maps and the radar.

Sticking with a buddy means you might be able to transport them down so he only gets one of you before taking the sword out of play.

Or it might mean the sword gets an easy double.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Might be early for you PC folks but Synthoceps (for Titans, true master class represent) can be a pretty effective sword counter. If you can get the timing down you can shoot the sword rusher some and then melee them before they're in sword range, it's immensely satisfying.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Oops, my Bnet ID is Radius#1819

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Yo if you like punching things

let me introduce you to One Punch Man

maxresdefault.jpg
    plus
    Winters-Guile-2.jpg
    equals
    Punches that do five times damage and also refill your health

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I'm Eits#1367 on bnet. Also I applied to the PC clan.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I need the voidwalker relic

...and I got it

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah I get killed by swords a lot, but when I try to use them I can't hit anything... I'm absolute trash. I'm sure I just need practice. also warlock punches for some reason, which is a bit deflating as a Titan..

If you want a kinetic weapon to hit 305 you have to have a purple Weapon Attack mod, these are actually kinda rare. The best way to get them assuming you have a ton of purple shards and a lot of glimmer is to go to your collections in the vault and just create a ton of exotic gear and then dismantle it, then turn in the gunsmith materials to Banshee you'll get random mods, then combine them.

jwalk on
  • Options
    Is that more effective than just buying random mods directly with glimmer?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lot less glimmer yes

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Buying random mods only get you blue ones which do not give the +5 to light level
    You need the purples

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Buying random mods only get you blue ones which do not give the +5 to light level
    You need the purples

I got a purple kinetic mod tonight by buying a random purple weapon mod

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You need the purples

For some reason I.... forgot how this works
    look, it's late here, shut up

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    You need the purples

Ah, but you can't buy Purple Mods, at least not only for glimmer.

Banshee sells random blues mods (but there is no such thing as a blue kinetic mod that can be in your inventory) for 2500 glimmer each.

He can also take 3 identical blue Mods and for no additional cost make that into a Legendary Mod of the same type (this can't yield you a Legendary Kinetic Mod, because you can't have blue Kinetic Mods).

Lastly he can also take two Mod Components (which are only obtained from dismantling purple, Legendary mods) and 1000 glimmer to roll a random Weapon or Armor mod. This and turning in Gunsmith Parts (which can reward any blue or Legendary mods) are only ways to obtain a freely applicable Kinetic Legendary mod.

user on
  • Options
    right

I bought them using mod components

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Okay I have applied to the SE++ PC clan

Hopefully it goes through

I am a robot warlock right now, and I hope to make a lady titan next, because I have to have at least one alt in every game that is even halfway like an RPG

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So that clan xp thing is more motivating than I'd expect. Everytime it told me I made personal clan xp:

cf2fvdn9ge55.gif

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I've approved everyone up to this point. I think we are at around 12-13 members.

SamuraiGatts on
This discussion has been closed.