As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Oh btw "Caulk Bite 6" no worries about the raid thing! My friend group ended up adding #pipe to the group and we cleared Leviathan and World Eater!

If anyone ever needs 1-2 extras for a raid just lmk, we have exactly 6 people in our clan that raid actively and 4-5 who play casually and they'd pretty much all be down if the timing works out.

Yeah I figured I was the weak link there. Good to know you got through it, still.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I guess everything going on in the Dreaming City post-raid is its own little live storyline? But I'm gonna end up missing the whole thing cause I'm still not able to walk ten paces without dying there

Edit: maybe event is more descriptive than storyline
    Either way I haven't felt super motivated to grind up to being able to fucking survive in the ostensibly cool new area I unlocked

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Real good week to earn the other 2 new supers. Blindwell has a high chance to drop a seed from tier 2 and a basically guaranteed chance to drop it at tier 3. Petra has a bounty that gives an offering for completing a grip of blind wells, the offering this week gives another seed of light.

Even solo it's not too difficult. The hallway hides matchmaking so just walk from like the entrance to the well and you'll probably luck into a group that can carry you. I walked it twice before stumbling into a 6 man that was just tearing through them

Kanden on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll hop in today or tomorrow and try to get my Void subclass knocked out

Sure as hell haven't logged on in the past week otherwise

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I guess everything going on in the Dreaming City post-raid is its own little live storyline? But I'm gonna end up missing the whole thing cause I'm still not able to walk ten paces without dying there

Edit: maybe event is more descriptive than storyline
    Either way I haven't felt super motivated to grind up to being able to fucking survive in the ostensibly cool new area I unlocked

So the thing they've been super shitty at communicating since they first said it prior to launch (bad communication being the real story of this expansion) is that the whole Dreaming City arc is going to run on a recurring three week cycle. If you go in next week then the whole thing should have reset and you can experience the weeks in sequence the same way everyone else did, only three weeks later than they did.

If you can manage it watching the cycle progress is cool as hell and the Dreaming City has the most powerful rewards in the game, raid excluded, so if you can hook up with some people that can power you through it you'll see way bigger jumps than you would otherwise. Perversely struggling through DC underleveled is the best way to get leveled up for it.

That being said, the progression curve in this whole expansion is turbo-fucked and it's killing my enthusiasm for the game and I really, really like this game.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Yeah I just hit dreaming city and my group is between 520-530, unless we can make some really big jumps in the next two weeks we'll probably just run spire of stars a couple of times and ... maybe be done with Destiny for a long while?

I love Forsaken, all of the shit they've added is cool, but it's hard to stay motivated when you're already playing more than you really want to (or grinding rather) and still aren't even close to getting to the raid.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Real good week to earn the other 2 new supers. Blindwell has a high chance to drop a seed from tier 2 and a basically guaranteed chance to drop it at tier 3. Petra has a bounty that gives an offering for completing a grip of blind wells, the offering this week gives another seed of light.

Even solo it's not too difficult. The hallway hides matchmaking so just walk from like the entrance to the well and you'll probably luck into a group that can carry you. I walked it twice before stumbling into a 6 man that was just tearing through them

Funny, last night I ran 3 tier 2s and one tier 3 and didn't get my seed :(

• Options
    I'm pretty sure the oracle offering that you get from Petra's bounty is a guaranteed seed this week.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    That being said, the progression curve in this whole expansion is turbo-fucked and it's killing my enthusiasm for the game and I really, really like this game.

I'm kinda feeling this too and I really don't want to be feeling this. I feel like I have played a lot and I'm only like, 530 on my three characters. Although I guess I haven't been chasing all those powerful drops as much as I could have been.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »

Funny, last night I ran 3 tier 2s and one tier 3 and didn't get my seed :(

Weird. Did you already get one from the well in a previous week? The other one is from the bounty from Petra that gives an offering. I think the well just has the 1 drop.

There's only 3 ways to get seeds right now, tier 2/3 blind well, the 1st encounter of the raid, and the blind well bounty this week. Probably safe to assume that each of those is one time only

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the oracle offering that you get from Petra's bounty is a guaranteed seed this week.

Yeah, anecdotal but @Cilla Black and I both got ours.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47270

They are increasing the number of ways to get masterwork cores and increasing the chances exotics will drop something you don't already have (which I swear they already did)

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I unlocked the Dreaming City on Sunday, and had the chance to start exploring it today. I'm... pretty unhappy with this sudden spike in the leveling curve. I do solo story content, and the occasional strike. I don't do pvp, nightfalls, or raids, and honestly if the path forward is through those activities, I'd rather just find another game to play. Without new story content to drive me forward, if I'm just grinding flashpoints and heroic missions and shit like that, I don't want to put more than maybe, maybe 5 to 10 hours a week into this game. Is there some other trick I'm overlooking that will cut this down from a couple months of grinding before I can do the next damn story step?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    the Dreaming City has been a huge disappointment so far

why the fucking difficulty spike?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I got lucky one night and sat around in the dreaming city not really being much help on some tier 3 blind wells and farming drops to level up kinda quickly.

Petra's story mission is 540 and I'm at like, 530, but I'll help anyone run through it who needs it.

The new exotic quests also drop above your current light level, but the one for Ace of Spades and The Chaperone are both very grindy.

• Options
    I unlocked the Dreaming City on Sunday, and had the chance to start exploring it today. I'm... pretty unhappy with this sudden spike in the leveling curve. I do solo story content, and the occasional strike. I don't do pvp, nightfalls, or raids, and honestly if the path forward is through those activities, I'd rather just find another game to play. Without new story content to drive me forward, if I'm just grinding flashpoints and heroic missions and shit like that, I don't want to put more than maybe, maybe 5 to 10 hours a week into this game. Is there some other trick I'm overlooking that will cut this down from a couple months of grinding before I can do the next damn story step?

Just looking at milestones, you have the daily Strike and Heroic Adventure milestones, plus weekly Flashpoint, Heroic Story, and Strike milestones, plus Clan XP if you're in a clan and the Bounty milestone for finishing 20 bounties. All that plus prime engrams available at least once per day. Every single one of those will drop a piece of gear at your level or better.
    Bungie wants people to play everything to level in an "efficient" manner, if you avoid other players it's going to take way longer. Just doing Crucible and Gambit adds a ton more chances for loot. You can do a lot of the Dreaming City stuff at 520 really, and the Dreaming City weekly rewards drop at a higher power level than everything else. It's not as bad as it looks

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    What’s a good light level for Gambit?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    What’s a good light level for Gambit?

It's hard to put an exact number on it.

For the PvE component, which makes up the majority of gameplay, there's not really a hard number you need to reach; the game scales everything way down against the AI mobs regardless of your light level.

For the PvP component - say when you're fighting against an invading opponent or invading the other team's instance - it does take light level into account for determining the amount of damage you're doing to an opponent. The farther you are below the person you're fighting, you'll be doing way less damage than you would normally, and vice versa.

It's largely gonna depend on who the game matches you against, but if you're somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 - 500, you should probably avoid invading or fighting anyone who invades your instance, unless you've got a super or power weapon ready to go.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Okay, well, it’s a been a couple weeks, but I’m pretty sure I’m 510-ish. Guess I’ll look up a few videos, see what to expect

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Okay, well, it’s a been a couple weeks, but I’m pretty sure I’m 510-ish. Guess I’ll look up a few videos, see what to expect

For what it's worth, if you've got Sleeper Simulant, just carry that around with you everywhere.

It's really overpowered right now for PvP; good range and ammo economy, plus it one shots other players regardless of your light level gap, if any exists at all. Though Bungie's talked about scaling it back, so it probably won't keep up like that for much longer.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

If you're 500 or above you'll be mostly fine.
    Invading/Invaders might be a bit of a problem, but if your team is good it shouldn't be a big deal.

Gambit's a lot of fun, you should try it.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited October 2018

For what it's worth, if you've got Sleeper Simulant, just carry that around with you everywhere.

It's really overpowered right now for PvP; good range and ammo economy, plus it one shots other players regardless of your light level gap, if any exists at all. Though Bungie's talked about scaling it back, so it probably won't keep up like that for much longer.

I do not, so that’s not a big problem

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Update: won my first Gambit.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    sure do love how I can do decently in tier 2 of the well, but on tier 3 I'm not allowed to do any damage because I haven't paid enough time tax

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    The dreaming city is essential to leveling because Petra's three weeklies (Blind well, Ascendent challenge bounties and then the third batch of loot for doing both of them) will send your level through the roof. The difficulty is a kick in the teeth when you get there and that sucks but if you can find people to get you through it for a few weeks you'll see a pretty substantial return. I know some of us on Xbox would be happy to help out, just let me know.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    This is the pendulum swing in the other direction from when you could be done with everything the first week. It will probably swing back and forth a few more times too with each new exp and D3.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Quite possibly the stupidest thing about this game is that if you die in restricted respawn areas, it doesn’t give you ammo for depleted weapons when you load back in. I can’t think of any reason why.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yup, that's real stupid. It's also stupid that when you switch classes or subclasses it resets all of your cooldowns. I don't want fresh abilities every time I switch, obviously that would be broken, but can we just leave the levels exactly where they were please? How is that going to get abused?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yup, that's real stupid. It's also stupid that when you switch classes or subclasses it resets all of your cooldowns. I don't want fresh abilities every time I switch, obviously that would be broken, but can we just leave the levels exactly where they were please? How is that going to get abused?
    Use classes with cooldown reductions to get abilities on other subclasses back faster.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I thiiiiiiiiiink I can squeeze out getting Wishender next week if i can manage to get my Powerful Pieces this weekend

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcFfy8S0s0I

more Festival details: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47315
    That auto looks nice, and a new free questline is pretty rad. Haunted Forest will hopefully be the thing everyone wanted from the Infinite Forest to begin with lmao

• Options
    Out of all the barons, the mad bomber is giving me the most trouble. We hates him we does.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I don't have any details ironed out just yet but my raid group kinda spontaneously fell apart so now we have a couple of spots open for Spire of Stars (LL370) if anyone wants to try a raid sometime, just let me know!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So I'm playing this here videogame with a friend and we're probably having too much fun, ChorusOfCrows on PSN. How's one get a clan invite?

• Options
    Out of all the barons, the mad bomber is giving me the most trouble. We hates him we does.

I did it, he is dead and now so is Uldren.

This new zone not very good. Pretty, but not well designed.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    What don't you like about it? I like it a lot but I've also spent a lot of time there at this point.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    - only one drop off/teleport point
    - The quest giver is super far away from said teleport point (literally all of the other quest NPCs, save in the tower, are about a 20-30 second jog from their nearest teleport point, and Petra is on a platform that’s ready made for it)
    - It’s supposedly open for 500 LL and up, but I’m having troubles at 525
    - It’s difficult to navigate/find important buildings because nothing is marked
    - a full 1/4 to 1/3 is a no speeder zone (more an issue for people below a certain threshold, I’d gather)

That’s all I can think of at the moment, but yeah. Only upside for me right now is I can give treats to a cat.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    - only one drop off/teleport point
    - The quest giver is super far away from said teleport point (literally all of the other quest NPCs, save in the tower, are about a 20-30 second jog from their nearest teleport point, and Petra is on a platform that’s ready made for it)
    - It’s supposedly open for 500 LL and up, but I’m having troubles at 525
    - It’s difficult to navigate/find important buildings because nothing is marked
    - a full 1/4 to 1/3 is a no speeder zone (more an issue for people below a certain threshold, I’d gather)

That’s all I can think of at the moment, but yeah. Only upside for me right now is I can give treats to a cat.

1/2. Yeah, the fast travel point is kind of a bummer, but she actually moves around each week, so one week she is right in front of that spawn
    3. Yeah it can be rough at first, but I personally enjoyed the challenge. It was probably better for me though since I got in when most people were, so there were a lot of low levels helping each other, but I imagine it's not as populated now.
    4. That doesn't seem any different from other locations. Explore! You'll learn the layout. The only real important builds are the Blind Well, which is basically right in front of the spawn point, and the Oracle which:
    5. I think you're referring to the Oracle area? You really just have to get off your sparrow to jump over those chasms then walk a little way to get inside the building. You will almost never need to go any further than that

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    5: no the weird garden area where the Corsair Down missions go. Anywhere in that area you’re told you can’t summon a bike.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Oh, yeah, I feel it's pretty rare to go there too. The Corsair Down is random for the location it wants you to inspect, but yeah the garden is one place it can be. If I'm ever there, I think I usually fast travel out, I don't recall even trying to use my sparrow after being there

My main gripe with the Dreaming City is just the one waypoint, but other than that I really like the area

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
This discussion has been closed.