As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Floaking [chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    but that spoiler comprises a very very small part of the game... the stuff taking place in ancient egypt is pretty much the whole game.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    forreal though I am p freaked out that the weird lowkey sinus issues I have been having over the last few years have apparently morphed into
    (or been separately joined by) increasingly problematic hearing issues aaaaa

AAAAAA

everyone in my family has various sinus and hearing/audioprocessing issues and I am like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    its almost like the plot to asscreed is bad and doesn't matter

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    its almost like the plot to asscreed is bad and doesn't matter

yeah who plays asscreed for the overarching plot

i just pretend all that animus shit isn't happening

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Kenyatta claims victory with 98% of the vote. That's an olld school percentage.

Didn't Odinga and the opposition boycott?

Ugh Kenya is an absolute mess now.

Fun fact- several of my colleagues and I discussed going over there to collect samples. We we're gonna go like, in a week

Everyone cancelled and is instead going to Mexico to collect

More like "collect" margaritas on the beach, am I right?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I'm a bit incensed by that dude grabbing and throwing the ball back. Like, I hope the lady has grounds to sue that jackass; especially since it was likely worth a hundo or something being a world series ball?

It was his sister in law- they didn't care apparently

That they don't care is sad. Oh well, it's Monday and I got tons of work to do for the end of the sprint.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    My basic problem with the Assassin's Creed Animus premise is that it kind of ends up being inherently pretty racist in a Lamarckian way.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    In other health news,

I no longer have malaria.

It was fun while it lasted I guess.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Where does this Jennifer person live that literally everyone but the guy with truck nuts doesn't think the guy with truck nuts is an ultra-douche?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Like did she see truck nuts for the first time, then immediately tweet that without asking a single person their opinion on truck nuts or even googling "truck nuts" or something?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i watched that movie cabaret
    is it good news?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Like did she see truck nuts for the first time, then immediately tweet that without asking a single person their opinion on truck nuts or even googling "truck nuts" or something?

I will say, while the tweet exaggerates somewhat, the core point of it stands that less flack was given out for truck nuts than was (and still is) handed out for women doing something completely normal like enjoying the taste of nutmeg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I mean what's the deal with the story about the lab and modern Templars? Isn't there literally centuries of conflict between the two main groups that would allow you to write any story you want in any time period you desire with out also including the stupid plot line of jacking into your genetic history? Also like, if all they need is to know what the dude's ancestors did historically couldn't they just take a swab of DNA from his mouth and extract the data instead of slowly playing it back through his mind and then asking him what happened? The plot kills me in those games.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    d7td7ubzrngi.jpg

• Options
    google's new emojis are shit but they're still better than apple's plastic monstrosities

dont @ me

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

LET NY DANCE

LET NY DANCE

LET NY DANCE

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    In other health news,

Was it?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ken Starr turned on the news this morning, and poured himself a small glass of milk, a single tear rolling down his cheek and dropping into it as he mumbled "Why'd I have to get the President who lied about receiving fellatio..."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    d7td7ubzrngi.jpg

FUCKIN PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE HORSE WE'VE BACKED!!!

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    In other health news,

Was it?

it was novel

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Pfffff society is not okay with truck nuts.

That's a silly comparison to make.

• Options
    In other health news,

So what now, on to typhoid?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Re: news.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA FUCK YEAH

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Chimera wrote: »
    In other health news,

So what now, on to typhoid?

I have decided one experimental drug study is enough for a lifetime.
    They don't pay that good.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    *snap crackles and pops*

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

maybe someone can explain something to me... is there any point to truck nuts? Like does hanging something from your trailer hitch accomplish anything? Or is it literally just a way to remove all doubt and signal that your truck is compensating for your dick?

• Options

I will say, while the tweet exaggerates somewhat, the core point of it stands that less flack was given out for truck nuts than was (and still is) handed out for women doing something completely normal like enjoying the taste of nutmeg

Maybe. When you go to Pep Boys or Auto Zone though, you don't have someone cheerily asking you if you'd like to try their new truck nuts though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

maybe someone can explain something to me... is there any point to truck nuts? Like does hanging something from your trailer hitch accomplish anything? Or is it literally just a way to remove all doubt and signal that your truck is compensating for your dick?

The latter.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I got, I think, overly bothered by some stupid D&D stuff this weekend. And while I was explaining it to some friends last night, I realized how silly it sounded.

I had a character in my head. This character fit nicely into alignment A. But it turns out (after going 2 adventures into a campaign) my GM realized I was alignment A and my class has a restriction that says it has to be alignment B. So I had to change my class.

I really wish my GM had just said fuck it you can be alignment A. Who gives a fuck. But ah well.

This is the second time I've had to change a character I really liked to something else in this campaign and it really bummed me out. Maybe I'll just switch to alignment B, play like I've been playing and say fuck it and see if anyone actually notices. It's not like it's exactly the most RP heavy game anyway.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Heh heh...

Nutmeg

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

It shows society that your truck is male, and you enjoy riding around inside of it. Or something.

I have no idea, they're stupid and I've never heard anyone suggest anything otherwise.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Heh heh...

Nutmeg

More like trucknutzmeg

• Options

The latter.

Cool cool just making sure my snide judgment of strangers glands are functioning properly.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wait... pumpkin spice truck nuts. With beats speakers that only play top 40 pop and religious country music.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I once saw a truck with a little toy story woody figure hanging where there would be truck nuts and I wanted to pull up alongside him and honk in approval but wasn't sure how to honk my car horn without appearing belligerent.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I got, I think, overly bothered by some stupid D&D stuff this weekend. And while I was explaining it to some friends last night, I realized how silly it sounded.

I had a character in my head. This character fit nicely into alignment A. But it turns out (after going 2 adventures into a campaign) my GM realized I was alignment A and my class has a restriction that says it has to be alignment B. So I had to change my class.

I really wish my GM had just said fuck it you can be alignment A. Who gives a fuck. But ah well.

This is the second time I've had to change a character I really liked to something else in this campaign and it really bummed me out. Maybe I'll just switch to alignment B, play like I've been playing and say fuck it and see if anyone actually notices. It's not like it's exactly the most RP heavy game anyway.

this is bad GMing

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

As I said last night, one of the best things you can do is ignore alignment rules bullshit. Unless there is a legitimate story reason then let them work back to that alignment.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    nexuscrawler was warned for this.
    simonwolf wrote: »
    d7td7ubzrngi.jpg

my phones news feed always drops Fox News in there.

i can always judge exactly how bad a day *unnamed* is having by how wildly irrelevant their top news story is.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Recommend Subject-@nexuscrawler be disabled and transported aboard as cargo.
    Warned @nexuscrawler (0 points for 1 week) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "trump""

This discussion has been closed.