As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Floaking [chat]

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I also watched Allied, another movie where Marion Cotillard was completely wasted on a bad movie

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    does the new asscreed ditch the genetic memory framing device thing?

I always hated that

just let me be an assassin in ancient history

I don't also need to be some bro in a lab

did you just ask if the game ditched its central premise?

its central premise is climbing on shit and stabbing dudes in the head

The framing story was always real dumb, yeah.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I always hated that

in your genetic memory

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I watched 10 minutes of the assassins creed movie while hotel bound and holy moly it looked terrrrrrrrible.

Not even Marion Cotillard-chan can save it

The thought of something so wretched that not even Marion Cotillard can save it just chilled me to the core of my soul

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I kinda got my fill of "maps of icons" games with FarCry 3

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hmmm

What avenues are available for a city that has fucked itself with retirement obligations to retired personnel?

Wait for them to die, or emergency manager voids the persions?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Where my 40k peeps at

I'm getting very excited about the new tyranid codex

Some of the stuff has leaked and it just makes me want to make an army just out of carnifexes

Mazzyx desc Vanguard

Wait, do you already play Tyranids? Because... they're literally an army of bug monsters. The only way they could be more perfect for you is if they were literally called Archanids.

No I don't because I have problems with some of their anatomy but I love carnifexes

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Also because most of the models look goofy, and not at all like the art

Arch on
  • Options
    I have gone so far down the rabbit hole of designing a custom snowflake space marine chapter over the last few months

It is ridiculous

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm

What avenues are available for a city that has fucked itself with retirement obligations to retired personnel?

City governments are allowed to enter managed bankruptcies, I think. Usually the pensions will have to take a haircut on the payouts as part of the process.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

I used to collect Tyranids way back in second edition

If you think they look goofy now...

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I watched 10 minutes of the assassins creed movie while hotel bound and holy moly it looked terrrrrrrrible.

Not even Marion Cotillard-chan can save it

The thought of something so wretched that not even Marion Cotillard can save it just chilled me to the core of my soul

perhaps it is for the best, for what in the world is beauty without the mire and morass to elevate it

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Apparently a German urologist wrote an entire doctoral thesis on people injuring themselves masturbating with vacuums.

Translated from the German wikipedia link

@A Kobold's Kobold what do you have to say about this...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »

I used to collect Tyranids way back in second edition

If you think they look goofy now...

I know

I know

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hmmm

In Vallejo's case, it was bankruptcy.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Good morning [chat]!

What's cheering me up today, you ask? (You did)

Manafort's indictment? No. Good guess, but it is still @Feral 's hippo meme.

Dat baby hippo.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Our history is directly encoded in our genes deal with it.
    *hooks up DNA scanner*
    *lives fifteen generations of disease and barely viable offspring*
    This is dumb.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

I always hated that

in your genetic memory

It's the story of a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I decided years ago upon the release of the first Assassin's Creed that out of protest against the fucking super premise, i.e. the genetic memory bullshit I would never ever play an AssCreed game

I'm happy to report that I have never wavered in this decision

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Our history is directly encoded in our genes deal with it.
    *hooks up DNA scanner*
    *lives fifteen generations of disease and barely viable offspring*
    This is dumb.

I want a ton of Assassin's Creed spinoffs that just involve randos using the Animus to basically play ancient farming simulators for fun.

Assassin's Creed: 15th Century Farming
    Assassin's Creed: 19th Century Missionary Who Does Nothing of Note

Couscous on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kenyatta claims victory with 98% of the vote. That's an olld school percentage.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed the first assassin's creed if only for the incredible sense of space I got when riding the horse on the cliff road above whatever the first city was. First time I can remember a game feeling so expansive. Also liked brotherhood, 3, and black flag quite a bit.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

What is the modern percentage? Low 70s?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I feel like some day drinking is in order

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i've been wondering if the calls to boycott the election will just feed into the narrative that it wasn't corrupt, it's just the opposition didn't turn out

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    I really want to get back into Assassin's Creed. But I burned through the Ezio trilogy fairly quickly (in a year or two?) and then Assassin's Creed 3 came out and I got it on the Wii U and just.. couldn't finish it. So I have no clue what happened with Desmond and the end of the world, and I really kinda sorta don't want to move on without closure...

What was the deal with the AC game where it's all a video game and you're like a bug tester or something in the beginning?

I think that was Black Flag, the fourth game

the company was part of the evil conspiracy from the other games. they decided to use their memory mining technology to make vidja, which, I guess, why not

That seems dumb

A video game where the protagonist walks around a video game company office is like a Hollywood movie set on a Hollywood backlot and movie studio set

Just no

Hail, Caesar! is really good though. /thinkingemoji

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    hey yo if anyone wants to make snarky political jibes remember we have a D&D politics discord server. I'm..aroundish
    https://discord.gg/eTFhnR

• Options
    On the plane ride home, I watched The Nice Guys, which was pretty damn funny if ridiculous. Ryan Gosling is precious and I love him dearly. Russell Crowe slowly turning into John Goodman kind of freaks me out, but he was OK in it too.

Also watched the first 45 minutes of Alien Covenant and it seemed like shit, which conforms with what I've heard about it.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the first assassin's creed if only for the incredible sense of space I got when riding the horse on the cliff road above whatever the first city was. First time I can remember a game feeling so expansive. Also liked brotherhood, 3, and black flag quite a bit.
    So the thing is Ubisoft generally puts out a quality product, but the company is run by assholes trying to squeeze every last penny out of every customer, and it detracts from the games they make.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I'm a bit incensed by that dude grabbing and throwing the ball back. Like, I hope the lady has grounds to sue that jackass; especially since it was likely worth a hundo or something being a world series ball?

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    I really want to get back into Assassin's Creed. But I burned through the Ezio trilogy fairly quickly (in a year or two?) and then Assassin's Creed 3 came out and I got it on the Wii U and just.. couldn't finish it. So I have no clue what happened with Desmond and the end of the world, and I really kinda sorta don't want to move on without closure...

What was the deal with the AC game where it's all a video game and you're like a bug tester or something in the beginning?

I think that was Black Flag, the fourth game

the company was part of the evil conspiracy from the other games. they decided to use their memory mining technology to make vidja, which, I guess, why not

That seems dumb

A video game where the protagonist walks around a video game company office is like a Hollywood movie set on a Hollywood backlot and movie studio set

Just no

Hail, Caesar! is really good though. /thinkingemoji

Oh thsy one did look good actually

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm a bit incensed by that dude grabbing and throwing the ball back. Like, I hope the lady has grounds to sue that jackass; especially since it was likely worth a hundo or something being a world series ball?

It was his sister in law- they didn't care apparently

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Didn't Odinga and the opposition boycott?

Ugh Kenya is an absolute mess now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Kind of bummed to hear Suburbicon sucks. Not especially surprised but still bummed. Trailer looked like some dark fun.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    omg I finally managed to find a fking ENT doctor taking new appointments before next year omg

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Didn't Odinga and the opposition boycott?

Ugh Kenya is an absolute mess now.

Fun fact- several of my colleagues and I discussed going over there to collect samples. We we're gonna go like, in a week

Everyone cancelled and is instead going to Mexico to collect

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    thanks for the vibes, vowels

other day I almost completely lost the hearing out of my left ear for several minutes and I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON

this concern had not been urgent enough to persuade receptionists that I need to be seen sooner than january, until now!!

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I always hated that

sorta-kinda-spoilery?
    you play a female scientist from the templar's front company who is running animus experiments behind their backs to prove some point that hasn't been made clear yet.

She is basically jacking into the memories of a mummy, not her own, and its kind of fucked up

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    thanks for the vibes, vowels

other day I almost completely lost the hearing out of my left ear for several minutes and I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON

jesus

yeah that would be a good thing to know!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.