As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Organichu's Self-Indulgent Cooking [chat]

OrganichuOrganichu poopspeesRegistered User, Moderator mod
ok i have no fucking idea so i'm reposting this shit since it's the only good thing i've ever done with my life since the 2000s

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38536516/#Comment_38536516

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37988722#Comment_37988722

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37856142/#Comment_37856142

plus oh yeah that time i made french fries from whole and managed to make mcdonald's-alikes

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36563234/#Comment_36563234

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    elki it is dibs unless someone puts his hand upon your hip

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    that pa comic is perhaps the peak of pa comic

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Posting after a thread is locked is the worst form of government overreach.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So in the 50's and 60's defense planners for the US had a huge problem. During WWII they had developed the technology for an intercontinental bomber. And with the advent of nuclear weapons it meant both sides of the cold war could engage in an air war. With lessons learned from WWII, the defense planners realized this would be bad. And the realized that while a lone bomber with conventional weapons couldn't do that much damage, the same wasn't true of a bomber carrying nuclear weapons. One bomber getting through would be as bad as not stopping any of them. But bombers, especially bombers in the late war and post-war period needed a lot of killing. Unguided rockets could kill one but hitting with an unguided rocket was...hard. And you can get a guns kill on them but again, it takes a lot of killing.

This left them with a problem. Given intercept times and so forth, the window where you can successfully kill the bombers before they are over US soil is small. What the Air Force needed was a weapon that could kill a lot of bombers at once. But rockets can only carry so much explosives and you have to get close for a proximity kill. But like all other military planners in the 50's they went with the "Let's nuke it" as an option. Because with a nuclear weapon, the radius for a proximity kill is much larger. Also during the 50's military planners were nuke mad and everything had to be nuclear capable. And thus was born the AIR-2 Genie.
    E2P1zCT.jpg

An unguided nuclear rocket designed to be launched in waves from interceptors. Launch a bunch, create a group of overlapping nuclear blasts and you've got a handy fuck you to waves of bombers. You aim them where the wave of bombers will be, fire it and turn around and fly the other way quickly. At this point, some of you may have concerns about using these over US soil. I would like to assure you that any Soviet bombers would likely have come over the arctic and thus the Genie would have been released over Canada. Probably over one of the uninhabited bits but does the world really need Toronto? We made 3000 of them, and even loaned some to the Canadians, so they could use them over their own soil. The interesting thing about them however is they violate the two man rule. Once the weapon was on the aircraft, the arming and launch was solely at the discretion of the pilot. The system predates the use of PAL in US service and it was never adapted to include it. It remained in service till the late 80's when it was finally retired with the last of the active Delta Darts. It managed to stay in service longer then it's guided nuclear cousin AIM-26 Falcon which was retired in the late 70's.

The 50's and 60's. How did we survive them? Fuck if I know.
    DARTS vs VIPERS
    Two Air Defense Interceptor Pilots vs Two Tactical Fighter Pilots
    By S. Michael Townsend, LTC, USAF (Ret.)
    “Viper 1, Pierre, Bucko, Genie, FMO, Rafsob”
    Circa 1984

I was a Captain stationed at Tyndall AFB as an F-106 Instructor. This day my wingman, a fellow Captain and
    Instructor, and I were scheduled for Dissimilar AirCombat Training (DACT) with two F-16s from Shaw AFB. I
    was to be the Instructor for the training on the Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation Range (ACMI) over
    the Gulf of Mexico, a highly accurate tracking system that would record all maneuvers in the airspace by the
    aircraft, score all shots taken and simulate any kills. None of us had ever fought against the other type fighter.
    TacticalAir Command pilots considered Air Defensepilots a lesser breed.
    I started the preflight briefing after introductions with the Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) and his wingman a
    Lieutenant (LT). The LTC immediately interrupted and informed me that he had no idea why they were
    scheduled for DACT with aircraft that were far inferior to the F-16 and that it would not be much of a
    challenge for them resulting in very little effective training. He stated that we should engage with full up all
    weapons capability for both fighter types even stating that though they only had heaters (heat seeking
    missiles) and guns he saw no disadvantage for them.I hid the fact that he had pissed us off and verified that
    he meant for us to use the full weapons capability of the F-106. He replied, of course you can! Obviously he
    had no idea what we carried between our legs, a clueless state of mind! I smiled as I looked at my wingman
    while stroking the inside of my thigh; this pecker checker was going to get hammered when the Genie popped
    up!

I briefed the LTC to take his flight to the farthest most southern point of the airspace and be prepared to
    attack the coastline that we would defend. We would place ourselves on “Five” (five minute alert) and
    scramble when we saw him takeoff giving him the advantage of being ready when we arrived. I told him to be
    sure to look at the F-106 ramp on takeoff to verifythat we there on “Five” and this would be important during
    the debrief. We briefed two engagements followed byjoin up for 1v1 basic fighter maneuvers (BFM), him
    versus me and the wingmen against each other.

The fun began as they lifted off and saw us on the edge of the ramp, “communicating”, with a raisedfinger
    over two rising moons! We had a hard time getting our crew chiefs to stop laughing so we could launch.A gate
    (full afterburner) climb to 41,000 feet put us in the airspace in 6 minutes when I called “fight’s on”! I felt sorry
    for my wingman because he would not get a shot on this first engagement. One minute later I called “Fox 3,
    KILL, two F-16s north bound at 18,000 feet. Nock- it off, nock-it off, fights over, return to your safe area,” was
    immediately passed to the Viper pilots. The LTC wasso confused that the ground control intercept (GCI)
    controller had to tell him he had been shot by a “NUC” (Genie nuclear tipped rocket) and that him and his
    wingman were DEAD so return to your point! I told GCI to inform him that we had one more Genie but that we
    wouldn’t use it on the next engagement. Score: Darts 2, Vipers 0

I put my wingman in four mile trail as we began the next engagement from 41,000 feet at 1.2 MACH racing
    down to their altitude of 18,000 feet, dumb a - - he didn’t even change his altitude to make it harderon us.
    Since they had face heaters (firing heat seekers inour face), we cooled our jets by retarding the engines to idle
    power to cool them off and denying the face shot while maintaining supersonic on our downhill slide. They
    took the bait, the leader rolled out behind me, thewingman behind mine. We had them right where we
    wanted them! Not even an F-16 can sustain a climb followed by a 9 G turn and roll out 2 miles behind a
    supersonic target and chase them down so the missile will make the kill. The leader found himself in front of
    my wingman who easily “Doe popped” him with two missiles while outrunning the F-16 wingman. Score:
    Darts 1, Vipers 0

After a fuel check we split for 1v1 BFM. Starting from line abreast each fighter turns 45 degrees awayfrom
    the other to gain spacing. At the fight’s on call the fighters turn toward each other passing canopy to canopy
    with no advantage. The knife fight begins in earnest as they turn to gain six o’clock on the other fora guns kill.
    Hands are helpful in explaining what happens next. Obviously the Viper can out turn a Dart and the LTCwas
    behind me closing for guns! My next maneuver required exact timing or it would turn out all bad. As heclosed
    for the shot I presented him with the infamous “F-106 Barn Door”. This is a frightening experience foranyone
    who has never seen the Dart act in such an unbelievable aerodynamic manner. Never attempt this maneuver
    at home as it should only be done by a highly trained and experienced Dart driver! With him captured solidly
    at my six, in a hard four G turn, closing for the kill, fangs out and dripping, I held the G while applying full
    opposite rudder. The Dart responds beautifully withan opposite direction roll through the vertical toa full
    nose down dive where I apply full afterburner and dash for the deck. From the Viper’s cockpit it looked just
    like someone opened a barn door in his face, nowhere to go and no idea what to do. Suddenly the Dart
    disappears. His only option was to call nock-it offbecause he lost sight having never squeezed the trigger.
    Meanwhile our wingman had to nock-it off because the LT was low on fuel. Score: Darts 0, Vipers 0
    I sent the Vipers home and my wingman and I played for a while. My debriefing was short and sweet. The
    Fighterpilots had to fly again to get some real training.It went something like this: Know your enemy. Never
    underestimate your enemy. Never enter a gun fight with a knife. Never engage an enemy when you don’t
    have a clue. Lose sight lose the fight. Pecker checkers should be well endowed. When the Genie pops up,
    you’re goanna die! Nothing was ever said about the moons, I believe we “communicated” effectively!
    Final Score: Darts 3, Vipers 0 America remained safe from attack!!

S. Michael Townsend, LTC, USAF Ret. “Viper 1, Pierre, Bucko, Genie, FMO, Rafsob”

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also all i ask is if they take my foot, they send it out on a barge into the center of the lake while firing flaming arrows at it

my dopiest friend would of course miss the first few shots before a big, strong brotherly figure nailed it in one

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    ny6qLHrvBoUOOddPTN9ZuLlM_TITCmIXROj6334XXV8.jpg?w=776&s=62ab287649b32acc7138fd2ae191af13
    Q: Why do cows have hooves?
    A: Because they lactose.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Man I remember seeing the final panel of that PA about a million times

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    This is my 49th Chat OP.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The nurse who got arrested for not drawing blood from the unconscious person in her ward got 500k settlement from the city.

Should have been more I think.

500k from the city, the cop is barred from being a cop ever again, and the state garnishes his wages until he pays back 500k.

Also he should lose access to any pension and benefits that were given under the police union.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Chanus wrote: »
    elki it is dibs unless someone puts his hand upon your hip

And remember that when you dip, they dip, and then you both dip again

Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    also all i ask is if they take my foot, they send it out on a barge into the center of the lake while firing flaming arrows at it

my dopiest friend would of course miss the first few shots before a big, strong brotherly figure nailed it in one

so VH...and then me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    ny6qLHrvBoUOOddPTN9ZuLlM_TITCmIXROj6334XXV8.jpg?w=776&s=62ab287649b32acc7138fd2ae191af13
    Q: Why do cows have hooves?
    A: Because they lactose.

Scottish tinder has some of the nicest profile pics.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    chu when you're looking at those candybars pull a feather out of a pillow and run it across the bottom of your foot

do you feel that?

do you want to keep feeling that? BRING THE CANDYBARS TO WORK

• Options
    God damn it.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    The nurse who got arrested for not drawing blood from the unconscious person in her ward got 500k settlement from the city.

500k from the city, the cop is barred from being a cop ever again, and the state garnishes his wages until he pays back 500k.

Also he should lose access to any pension and benefits that were given under the police union.

Worst part is I know that cop will find work somewhere else as a cop.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Should be the boss as well. The one that told him to go ahead.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Why do we glorify rules-ignoring cops in media again?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Application to switch mortgage provider sent: moderate savings incoming.

As a reward: this slice of cake.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    The water isn’t running in this hotel because why would the water be working somewhere that cost eight hundred dollars

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

Because, dammit, they get results!

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Because they're loose cannons but godammit they get results

Havelock2.0 on
  • Options
    GODAMMIT CRON

• Options

Because we imagine when we are wronged we want Dirty Harry to be the one to find the person who did it, but when we are arrested we want Johnny by the book. Never of course realizing neither of those stereotypes exist independently of each other.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »
    The water isn’t running in this hotel because why would the water be working somewhere that cost eight hundred dollars

I dunno, never been that fancy a place myself.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    nfW7rpi.jpg
    Good dog keep an eye on that antifada weeb

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It's not that we glorify them it's just that we don't have any rules following cops as examples :P

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    God damn it.

Consumed.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Because results get they god damnit!

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular

Revenge and power fantasies mostly, everyone resents both authority figures and percieved corrupt elements of society so much that we constantly dream about being able to just ignore the law and lash out in violence.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    but intifada and antifa are

you know what never mind

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    It's not that we glorify them it's just that we don't have any rules following cops as examples :P

They all seem to have a boss yelling at them for their costly shennannigans and shutting off power to the unlicensed radioactive ghost containment unit, et cetera.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    this one PM I have that has been totally useless just sent a giant masturbatory blog post out to the entire company about her trials and tribulations in qualifying for the Iron Man championships in Kona and just fuckin seriously lady

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    chu when you're looking at those candybars pull a feather out of a pillow and run it across the bottom of your foot

do you feel that?

do you want to keep feeling that? BRING THE CANDYBARS TO WORK

Where's that Whomp comic when you really need it.

• Options
    this one PM I have that has been totally useless just sent a giant masturbatory blog post out to the entire company about her trials and tribulations in qualifying for the Iron Man championships in Kona and just fuckin seriously lady

maybe that's her way of explaining why she's been so useless

• Options
    edited November 2017
    nevermind wrong place

Ludious on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Hello my fellow e-Sports

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

maybe that's her way of explaining why she's been so useless

we all know that she "works from home" while basically running on her treadmill or riding her exercise bike so yeah, maybe

• Options
    nevermind wrong place

the entire industry is basically guilty until proven innocent at this point i just saw you edited out your post before i quoted it okay fine

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
  • Options

Look she's been through a rough patch and she's focusing on taking care of herself

This discussion has been closed.