As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dropmix!

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Stopped in at toys r us today. No lucky, but they had most other Playlist packs. Not a huge deal since I'm not in a big rush right now

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Stopped in at toys r us today. No lucky, but they had most other Playlist packs. Not a huge deal since I'm not in a big rush right now

Make sure you pick up bomb as it is a tru exclusive and may be hard to get here soon.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Make sure you pick up bomb as it is a tru exclusive and may be hard to get here soon.

Already have it ;-)

I think they had 3 or 4 bombs.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I was at toys r us and I got the Hip Hop pack that said it was exclusive. Is there a second one?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I was at toys r us and I got the Hip Hop pack that said it was exclusive. Is there a second one?

Bomb, hip-hop, is Toys R Us exclusive.

Flawless, pop, is Target exclusive.

Chiller, electronic, is Best Buy exclusive.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Chiller is also not yet available.

• Options
    I'm debating if I want to make the time to make custom dividers. I have plastic ones that are doing the job of separating the playlists, but they don't actually tell you which set is which. I'd like dividers in the style of my other card games.

I'm thinking.. black patterning, based on the dropmix logo. The top has the name of the playlist, in white on the black, with the playlist's logo in the upper right.

If I decide to go the extra mile, the 15 pieces of art that make up the playlist would be displayed on the front.

If I decide to be masochistic, I'd make a back panel with the songs, artists, parts, BPM and Key. I... don't see that one happening.

It would be easier if Hasbro would have the raw, square art pieces on their website. The checklist on Reddit links to Hasbro's images, which come in two forms:

Full cards

f2315bb8998f6768707510ffa5184365.png

Just the artwork:

674e3d364ac7e06acf5a258c5189daaa.jpg

I'd much prefer the latter.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Sick, I'm finally buying this tonight. It's half-off at Barnes & Noble with free shipping in the US: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-dmx-dropmix-music-gaming-system/31278281

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Just got my lucky today!

... running low on sleeves. It is definitely more "country" than Moonlight is, but still has some really good beats thanks to some definite bro country. I think Blown Away is a good wildcard.

The FX cards, though. They are KILLER.
    Quiet Wisdom gives you +1 point for every empty spot, so using it to start a mix would be amazeballs.
    Ill Omen (with its Ace of Spades, Snake Eyes, and other bad things) gives you an extra equalizer spin. And it's a level 3 to boot!

https://share.dropmix.com/Kdw4iY-l6iMvPEpnJCWKoHY1iaRuHZesoAAcxDpxHDE

https://youtu.be/G40VCHDH6Io

Like seriously, drop some BOMBs on the players.

I need to start making custom clash decks.

Athenor on
  • Options
    So, Dropmix! I have it now! The Controller deck is really good!

It doesn't work with my phone! :(
    No idea why, it's only like 3 years old. It's compatible with the app and everything, but it just won't connect to the board long enough to do anything, and the board like immediately turns off and refuses to turn on if it connects to my phone. Luckily it works with my mom's phone and tablet, but I can't exactly carry one of those around with the game if I bring it somewhere. I updated the board's firmware, I'll have to check it later and see if that fixed the problem.

• Options
    The board uses a kind of low-power bluetooth, it seems like. My phone is iffy with it too. Some things I've found to make it work:

1) Try keeping it away from other sources of radio signals. If you have a lot of bluetooth stuff in your area, it makes it harder to pick up.

2) Try disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth by turning it off on your phone. This seems to help if it can partially connect and says there is an error.

3) While the device is scanning, you can hold down the dropmix button until a single light comes on. Hit the dropmix button 4 more times and it'll flash green. This is forcing the board to forget what devices it has connected to. Similarly, having your phone forget helps too.

• Options
    Yeah, tried all those a couple times before using a different phone, didn't work. Now that I got the board firmware updated with that other phone I tried again and went throug everything in the list, still nothing on my phone. I have no idea. It starts to connect, brings up the Android pairing prompt, then loses connection to the board and will not reconnect unless I unpair it from the bluetooth menu in my phone and try again, but it just does that every time. Looks like I need a new phone or something, god damn it.

• Options
    Dropmix Update:
    So now my mom wants to go to Target and get the sets that have the rest of Chandelier by Sia, lol

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Dropmix Update:
    So now my mom wants to go to Target and get the sets that have the rest of Chandelier by Sia, lol

The green card for Chandelier is killer.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Dropmix wants your location services on, too, so if you get bad GPS signal try a different spot.

I don't know why this is though and it drives me batty.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    So, the wife and I went to finish our Amazon baby registry, and we were throwing a few other things in the order, so I figured I'd check if Lucky was available from them as well. Turns out it was!

Bonus points: it was eligible for the 15% registry completion discount. :D

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I finally got Dropmix by using the B&N sale.

Unfortunately, my phone does not support the built-in video export, which kinda sucks. However, I can use the iPhone's native screen-recording feature, so here's my first mix, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YkyYITcRCc

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Ohhh man.

None of my local Gamestops had the Transformers promo. But I heard, casually, that a town about an hour away did.

So I asked some friends who lived there to check it out.. and one scored! He has 3 copies now. I need to figure out how to get at least one, if not all 3. :)

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    yooo, one of the cards in my base set was broken, and i finally contacted Hasbro customer care: resolved that shit in a jiffy, woo! (7-10 days 'til a new card, if not sooner)

still waiting on any marketing from Ultra Pro 'splaining what kind of products they're gonna put out, but i have a 'temporary' 1000 card box from KMC and some scavenged cardboard dividers, which is inelegant but doing the job. how are y'all storing your collections? envy ENVY

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Those cassette tape deck boxes are so great, thanks for sharing them!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I desperately want to get cassette boxes.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    I went the cassette route, I like that you can flip the cassette cases around and use it to prop up the cards. Makes playing freestyle a bit more organized.

• Options
    The idea of cassette boxes is growing on me. Do they fit sleeved cards?

• Options
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/introducing-dropmix-mania/

Don't get too excited from the name
    You’ve witnessed Danny Margolis’ rise to the top with his spinner magic, and even Sean Halloran cause a change in deck construction rules with several copies of Embrace Chaos. Now, witness the top DropMix players at Harmonix compete for the ability to crown themselves as the DropMix Champion.

Welcome to DropMix Mania.

Throughout the month of March and into early April, 16 players will be competing in a high stakes, single elimination DropMix tournament. Each week, several will walk away empty handed while others climb to the top for fame, glory, and the right to call themselves the DropMix Mania Champion.

It's a big Harmonix tournament, they'll be streaming every Thursday on their Twitch and Facebook live at 5 PM Eastern. Every week you can pick your winners for the round, overall winner wins a signed starter set, a Megaboom bluetooth speaker (it's really nice) and a bunch of promo cards (with the plural, I assume that means new cards besides the TF theme), 10 people who enter will also win promo packs.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dropmix Mania tourney is starting. Very low key. :)

https://www.facebook.com/HarmonixMusic/videos/10156172811873134/

• Options
    Hey, if you're headed out to PAX East, there's a Dropmix panel this year:
    Every Day I'm Shuffling: The Making of DropMix
    THU 04/05 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM BUMBLEBEE THEATRE
    DropMix is the world’s first music mixing card game, allowing players to create an endless variety of mixes while competing or collaborating with friends in multiple game modes. The team from Harmonix and Hasbro will take you behind the development scenes, showing off early prototypes and sharing some challenges and surprises they encountered along the way. If you’re a fan of DropMix, or just curious about game design, you won’t want to miss this exclusive look behind the scenes.

Jonathan Mintz [Creative Lead - DropMix, Harmonix], Tom Bartlett [Development Lead - DropMix, Harmonix], Alex Howell [Senior Game Designer, Hasbro], David 'Sasso' Battilana [Art Lead - DropMix, Harmonix], Ryan Challinor [Engineering Lead - DropMix, Harmonix], Troy Ferrio [DropMix, Harmonix]

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I was just able to order the Toys 'R Us exclusive Bomb pack from their website, it looks like it's still available for In Store pick up and getting it shipped to you. If you're wanting it, you'll probably want to order it soon, since TRU will be closing down all US stores in the very near future.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Next two promo cards got announced, they'll fist be available at PAX East and they're both amazing:

Fuuuuuck yesssss Darren Korb

• Options
    I need

Every

Pyre card.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I need

Every

Pyre Dropmix card.

• Options
    I need

Every

Pyre card.

YES I NEED IT

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I need

Every

Pyre Dropmix card.

We have never met, but I don't believe anyone gets me the way you do right now.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I need

Every

Pyre Dropmix card.

We have never met, but I don't believe anyone gets me the way you do right now.

Probably. I would have voted for Prez too!

• Options
    Big Dropmix news update: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/classic-gi-joe-cartoon-and-pyre-themes-coming-to-d/1100-6457668/
    The Chiller playlist is finally coming out May 21st. On April 2nd the game's getting a big update:
    • You can now set a turn timer in Clash for fast-paced play. If time runs out before you use all of your actions, your turn ends automatically.
    • If you accidentally hit the DropMix button in Clash, you now have a few moments to hit it again to cancel the Equalizer spin.
    • Ability to choose difficulty settings in Party mode. You have to play faster on higher difficulties, but you can also earn more points.
    • Party scores are now saved in a high score list. When you set a new high score, you can name your score to keep a record of your best parties.
    • When you save a video, you can now choose to record a full-length mix and export at a higher resolution.

And here's the PAX promo cards, they'll both be at the Harmonix booth and the Pyre card will also be at Supergiant's booth for playing a Pyre demo (spoilered because they're very big):
    3368072-promo_pyre_wild.jpg
    3368073-promo_gijoe_jpg.jpg

• Options
    This is the Pyre track btw, I didn't know what it was by the title so I looked it up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmUuY_4Iqlk

Not the track I was hoping for unfortunately, I was hoping for Never To Return or Vagrant Song tbh
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u438nebJzkI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1k5SCCN1sk

• Options
    I need to bribe someone who is going to PAX East. Sadly my asking in the D&D Chat thread did not come up with much.

Awesome that they are adding the full export option. In fact, a lot of those changes appear to be quality of life things that I can totally get behind.

• Options
    Yeah I'm not sure if anyone I know is going this year unfortunately :(

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm going. I'll see what I can do!

• Options
    If anyone else is going, I'd certainly appreciate the promos. Be happy to reimburse for any shipping charges.

Any word on alternate routes for the promos, or will it be a PAX thing for a bit?

SrUxdlb.jpg