As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Beauty of [chat]guage

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    source.jpg

lololol at the USA one

these are the GMaps welcome icons, categorized: https://www.travelpulse.com/news/entertainment/your-state-s-biggest-stereotype-according-to-google-maps.html

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    We talking about crevices

Man, do I have stories about crevices

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    easily communicated to the bum-guts
    And reaching even to the regions of the heart and the brains.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    you know, for some reason i totally love vainglorious personas in hip hop or like, up-their-own-ass athletes. i find that sort of confident, heel-ish swagger to be entertaining. but i can't do it for academics, intellectuals, creatives etc. my reflexive reasoning is that it smacks of classism and intellectual snobbery, which i find to be much greater sins than the implications of superiority shown by a ufc fighter or a rapper about how hard he is to kill or whatever. it's ironic, actually, now that i type that out- because a bunch of hip hop's bravado is literally i got more money than you ever got. but something about a rich, successful white guy flexing his intellectual muscles- which were massaged and fed and grown in international travel and wealth- makes me a little sick.

that said, i also love nabokov's prose. and myself speaking a language with a completely different alphabet, i sympathize with the principal complaint. i'm not a gifted linguist by any means but i find almost every translation between english and hebrew to be painfully inadequate.

So on the one hand yes Nabokov was 100% an aristocrat

On the other hand he had to flee his home country or be killed, and wrote at least one novel on a desk he made out of wood blocks on his toilet in a tiny apartment in exile in France
    Actually maybe that was on a ship? Regardless he had some amount of (romantic, fantastic, intriguing) hardship in his life.
    Also was married to a Jew which I think is why they left France?

ok married to jew is + but still

idk, i try not to be a shit to rich people but you were raised in a trilingual household with your family as quasi royalty and after coming to the US a major college basically invented a new job for you to dally and be an intellectual??? i am glad some people raised in these incubators of excellence choose to direct those considerable surroundings and resources into impressive creative works, or public service.

but being hulk hogan about how great you are, in that position?

man.

• Options
    My strongest impression of Jersey is that everyone is a low key derelict or con artist.

FCC I have a deal for you but it's expiring fast and I need an answer by tonight can I count on you

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    That South Carolina one is a little too on the nose.

the Google Maps team does not delve deeper into the stereotypes

it's telling that DE is so generic because...there aren't many stereotypes except...FIRST!

in 4th grade, each person had to choose a state and do a report on it. We drew names out of a hat, and I got to go like, 2nd. I choose delaware, thinking there'd be a lot of cool revolutionary war stories to tell.

n o p e

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Have some holiday cheer

https://youtu.be/hCVvKSAEYG4

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Is Florida's icon Mickey Mouse kicking a black guy?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Is Dead Souls the Dark Souls of literature?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    @Hakkekage nj waitress: get the #3 special, everything else will give you the shits.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT THE SLOGAN AT THE END OF THAT VIDEO

I feel trolled

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Is Texas a little figure dressed like a meth-addict preacher wearing a gun belt and a cowboy hat

Is it rollin’ coal in a pickup truck with an InfoWars bumper sticker

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I recently spent a few weeks in Morristown, NJ. Neat little town. Found the best banh mi I've ever had there, which was a p big surprise.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    you know, for some reason i totally love vainglorious personas in hip hop or like, up-their-own-ass athletes. i find that sort of confident, heel-ish swagger to be entertaining. but i can't do it for academics, intellectuals, creatives etc. my reflexive reasoning is that it smacks of classism and intellectual snobbery, which i find to be much greater sins than the implications of superiority shown by a ufc fighter or a rapper about how hard he is to kill or whatever. it's ironic, actually, now that i type that out- because a bunch of hip hop's bravado is literally i got more money than you ever got. but something about a rich, successful white guy flexing his intellectual muscles- which were massaged and fed and grown in international travel and wealth- makes me a little sick.

that said, i also love nabokov's prose. and myself speaking a language with a completely different alphabet, i sympathize with the principal complaint. i'm not a gifted linguist by any means but i find almost every translation between english and hebrew to be painfully inadequate.

On the other hand he had to flee his home country or be killed, and wrote at least one novel on a desk he made out of wood blocks on his toilet in a tiny apartment in exile in France
    Actually maybe that was on a ship? Regardless he had some amount of (romantic, fantastic, intriguing) hardship in his life.

idk, i try not to be a shit to rich people but you were raised in a trilingual household with your family as quasi royalty and after coming to the US a major college basically invented a new job for you to dally and be an intellectual??? i am glad some people raised in these incubators of excellence choose to direct those considerable surroundings and resources into impressive creative works, or public service.

man.
    I thought you were talking about Credeiki!!

• Options
    east coast diners:

-cheeseburgers with fries
    -an omelette named after every fucking city, state, and country in the world
    -pancakes
    -milkshakes
    -cream chipped beef

memories ;_;

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Hakkekage nj waitress: get the #3 special, everything else will give you the shits.

the key is no matter what time of day it is you order pancakes, eggs and coffee

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh wait no they both have no crevices, hah

wait what? I have no clue how I missed that

well either way it really depends on the quality of the clones (they're not real cherry mxs; the patent on them ran out so people are coming out with lots of knockoffs). If I had the money, I'd get both and return the one that I like less, but otherwise I'd just go with the slightly more expensive one because hopefully that means a slightly better make of switch?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Dark...souls..?

You get to play as a zombie booger who falls off things a lot

I prefer bloodborne for all my boogering needs

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    My strongest impression of Jersey is that everyone is a low key derelict or con artist.

FCC I have a deal for you but it's expiring fast and I need an answer by tonight can I count on you
    I’m gonna say NO but you’ll take my furniture when I’m at work anyways.

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I don’t know the code to put in the blood in mortal kombat :(

For the Sega version it's ABACABB. I can't believe I still remember that

Bless you

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh wow I hadn't read the news today, holy shit.

Also its rainy and like 40's in western washington and my god my heart is full of christmas cheer!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

man.
    I thought you were talking about Credeiki!!

haha wasn't i, fuzzy

isn't literally everything i say on this earth allegory for how i feel about credeiki

• Options
    I recently spent a few weeks in Morristown, NJ. Neat little town. Found the best banh mi I've ever had there, which was a p big surprise.

Morristown is very nice, and NJ is very diverse

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    States no one knows: Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, the Dakotas, Idaho

South Dakota is Mt. Rushmore. Montana has parts of Yellowstone and well emptiness.

No one cares about North Dakota.

Idaho is white supremacist.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    if it was legal I bet some percentage of workers could be convinced to give up their salary for a lootbox that contains a random amount of pay and benefits

• Options
    It has been abnormally warm here

don't think we've even gotten a serious frost this year so far

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    quote="Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud;c-38706713"]States no one knows: Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, the Dakotas, Idaho[/quote]

Corporations are people so tons of people now about Delaware.

Couscous on
  • Options
    It has been abnormally warm here

don't think we've even gotten a serious frost this year so far

it's not Winter yet and stop summoning it >:(

• Options
    Yes she is married to a Jew. Yes she is kind of rich or her parents are well off. Wait did they invent Cryo EM for her to study? No. I mean she did live oversees so that would explain her being trilingual. Why is Chu being so mean?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    source.jpg

I feel Kentucky is spot on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

man.

Man he’s so good at writing though

And I am fascinated by a certain type of aristocrat

But yes I can also see how it’s entirely obnoxious (and the problem is, possibly, that that obnoxiousness is part of the appeal)

Now let’s go read his autobiography and especially the salty rant about how his editors wouldn’t let him name it Speak, Mnemosyne, because the public couldn’t handle such a highbrow title

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh wait no they both have no crevices, hah

wait what? I have no clue how I missed that

well either way it really depends on the quality of the clones (they're not real cherry mxs; the patent on them ran out so people are coming out with lots of knockoffs). If I had the money, I'd get both and return the one that I like less, but otherwise I'd just go with the slightly more expensive one because hopefully that means a slightly better make of switch?

It's ok, I actually missed it too and almost did a pro/con list in my first post including that.

• Options
    “Oversees”

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I’ve been underwhelmed by Nabakov
    I’m underwhelmed by this post on Nabakov

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    if it was legal I bet some percentage of workers could be convinced to give up their salary for a lootbox that contains a random amount of pay and benefits

its called commission.

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

Isn't this the lottery?
    Only if I get to bash some bitches with some rocks.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Speak, Mnemosyne

*puts hand to sweaty brow*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Lotta Mormons in Idaho

And off-the-grid religious types

And little else

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Lotta Mormons in Idaho

And off-the-grid religious types

And little else

so a potato in a disturbingly neat suit

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I'm glad bloodborne and dark souls 3 got away from making you a booger all the time

Need my pretty princess dressup

This discussion has been closed.