Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 2019 - We Are All Filthy Animals, Apparently

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow (yes, that’s his legal name)

He has run in elections previously!

Hpq3Adp.jpg

Pfft, how can you trust a person with a name like that?

I mean Jim, or Casey PICK A FIRST NAME you indecisive boob

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    You don't even need preferential voting, just a parliamentary democracy!

At the last general election Theresa May ran against opponents from the Labour party, the Lib Dems, the Greens, the Gremloids, the Monster raving loony party and the Give Me Back My Elmo party (amongst others).

You could also get away with just using fusion voting but only NY does that I think.

Coincidently we have some of those weird parties, like the famous Rent is Too Damn High party.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    We take cream tea very seriously down here

Lanhydrock National Trust cream tea advert sparks outrage
    A Mother's Day cream tea advert has sparked fury for depicting a scone with the jam dolloped on the cream.

The National Trust's Lanhydrock in Bodmin angered Cornish locals by depicting the delicacy in the rival Devon tradition on a Facebook post.

it should be noted that the National Trust were entirely correct in their scone assembly, unlike the heretical Cornish and their Jam-First nonsense,

Not being familiar with the intricacies of cream tea I spent a lot of time last night thinking about this. First assumption was that jam is of the regular fruit preserve kind and cream is cream cheese.

Let me stop you right there. The cream they're talking about it is clotted cream, which I've heard described as either the butteriest whipped cream, or the creamiest butter you've ever tasted. The Brits already think we're heathens for putting ice in tea, don't let them hear anything about putting cream cheese on a scone or there will be no end to their laughter.

Bonus content: clotted cream is actually not hard to make, just time-consuming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDyyAb6lB48

At Universal Orlando, in Diagon Alley there's an ice cream place that sells Clotted Cream ice cream and it is to DIE for. Like they have tons of other great flavors but I can't buy anything else because not eating it is unthinkable.

Clotted cream.

Spotted dick.

Bangers and mash.

Britain, England, UK, whatever... is it some sort of tradition to make delicious food sound absolutely dreadful?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow (yes, that’s his legal name)

He has run in elections previously!

Hpq3Adp.jpg

Pfft, how can you trust a person with a name like that?

I mean Jim, or Casey PICK A FIRST NAME you indecisive boob

I find it hard to believe that Pat Sheil isn't elected. He or she has to get the entire youth vote and half of all other demographics on party name alone

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Sex Party have some pretty sensible policies on a bunch of domestic issues.

Plus the whole sex thing.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

A Mother's Day cream tea advert has sparked fury for depicting a scone with the jam dolloped on the cream.

The National Trust's Lanhydrock in Bodmin angered Cornish locals by depicting the delicacy in the rival Devon tradition on a Facebook post.

it should be noted that the National Trust were entirely correct in their scone assembly, unlike the heretical Cornish and their Jam-First nonsense,

Not being familiar with the intricacies of cream tea I spent a lot of time last night thinking about this. First assumption was that jam is of the regular fruit preserve kind and cream is cream cheese.

Let me stop you right there. The cream they're talking about it is clotted cream, which I've heard described as either the butteriest whipped cream, or the creamiest butter you've ever tasted. The Brits already think we're heathens for putting ice in tea, don't let them hear anything about putting cream cheese on a scone or there will be no end to their laughter.

At Universal Orlando, in Diagon Alley there's an ice cream place that sells Clotted Cream ice cream and it is to DIE for. Like they have tons of other great flavors but I can't buy anything else because not eating it is unthinkable.

Clotted cream.

Spotted dick.

Bangers and mash.

Britain, England, UK, whatever... is it some sort of tradition to make delicious food sound absolutely dreadful?

That or make it sound sexually suggestive.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Clotted cream.

Spotted dick.

Bangers and mash.

That or make it sound sexually suggestive.

or, in the case of spotted dick, less sexually suggestive and more sexually diseased :P

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Cornish pasty

Double Gloucester

Tiffin

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bubble and Squeak

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Cullen Skink

Arbroath Smokie

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Can't believe you forgot toad in the hole

• Options
    Are these foods from the UK or Sex Party proposals

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    A Rough Shag with Your Mom is a surprisingly delicious traditional british fish-based dish.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    A Rough Shag with Your Mom is a surprisingly delicious traditional british fish-based dish.

I don't believe you.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Are these foods from the UK or Sex Party proposals

I wonder what their positions are

all of them I guess

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

I don't believe you.

Neither do I, but for the life of me, I can't tell where they stopped being real and started being jokes.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Come on everyone’s had a rough shag with your mom pip pip

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    News
    The Bad: A man has eaten at Chipotle for 500 consequtive days.

The good news: He has stopped, his name is Bruce Wayne and ended his streak in style.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    That's amazing, but what's shockingly news to me is that this forum has some kind of multi-picture integration for... what is that, Instagram?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Not on mobile, though - at least, my mobile

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Not on mobile, though - at least, my mobile

Ya it looks like it has 4 picutres to look at but anyway I try just takes me out of forum, even on pc

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    There's a tiny arrow on the side that pops up when you hover over the picture.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    It works on mobile you just need to hold a finger on it for a second for the arrows to show up. Can be a bit hard to spot cause it pops up where the chairs on the right edge are.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    But why?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    But why?

So you can have multi-picture albums in a post.

• Options
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    But why?

Oh, I was wondering why someone would eat at fast-food restaurant for 500 days straight

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    But why?

Oh, I was wondering why someone would eat at fast-food restaurant for 500 days straight

"Hold my Beer."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    A 70-year-old New Zealand woman tried to send a thank-you package to some family friends, addressing it:
    2 Kay + Phillip
    On a farm near situated up a long drive with cows, opposite Cust pub or thereabouts

29133737_2091628101084122_3288873695527800908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=15644c5b6b3e657f71af058a06bcd887&oe=5B2C07BB

A couple hours after the Cust post office posted that picture on Facebook, Phillip arrived to pick up his package.
    He gave me his details and said his name was Philip, and that while he didn’t live across from a pub, he lived down the road from one. He also showed me a card with a picture of his property on it, which showed a field with cows on it. He isn’t actually on Facebook, but people who know him who are on Facebook showed the post to him.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    But why?

Not particularly funny, but he might work next door.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I was wondering why someone would eat at fast-food restaurant for 500 days straight

Because the only thing Batman hates more than criminals is his own asshole.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    A 70-year-old New Zealand woman tried to send a thank-you package to some family friends, addressing it:
    2 Kay + Phillip
    On a farm near situated up a long drive with cows, opposite Cust pub or thereabouts

29133737_2091628101084122_3288873695527800908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=15644c5b6b3e657f71af058a06bcd887&oe=5B2C07BB

A couple hours after the Cust post office posted that picture on Facebook, Phillip arrived to pick up his package.
    He gave me his details and said his name was Philip, and that while he didn’t live across from a pub, he lived down the road from one. He also showed me a card with a picture of his property on it, which showed a field with cows on it. He isn’t actually on Facebook, but people who know him who are on Facebook showed the post to him.

A lot of towns here, as long as you have the name and the town right, the person will get the package. But I like this description better.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    2 Kay + Phillip

Reminded me of this ( Tho I feel much worse for the recipient of this letter with how he was found by his letter)
    waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/08/01/amazing-this-letter-was-addressed-to-man-in-waterford-who-looks-like-a-bit-of-a-rapist-and-got-to-its-destination/

• Options
    edited March 2018
    2 Kay + Phillip

Reminded me of this ( Tho I feel much worse for the recipient of this letter with how he was found by his letter)
    waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/08/01/amazing-this-letter-was-addressed-to-man-in-waterford-who-looks-like-a-bit-of-a-rapist-and-got-to-its-destination/

Waterford whispers is a satirical Irish website

I imagine it was in response to something like this or this

Anarchy Rules! on
  • Options
    Well I guess it's karma for how many times our Canadian satire site Beaverton has tricked people heh

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Bad news: kingstache is gone

Good news: no more need for crappy cgi

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    RIP

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    RIP

No, I bet he had a barber shave it off.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Florida Monkey is the original party animal:
    Police were trying to find a monkey that was on the loose near the King of Diamonds strip club in North Miami Beach Tuesday.

The monkey came from an industrial area west of I-95 and was reportedly loose in the area of the club near Northeast 6th Avenue between 179th and 180th streets.

Police said the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission was assisting in the search.

FWC officials said the Vervet monkey is a wild animal. A colony of them live in Dania Beach but some have migrated south, officials said.

The search was being suspended, FWC officials said.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    This is just bizzare:
    A man who crafted a bomb inside a whiskey bottle and blew it up in another man’s backyard was charged with a crime Wednesday, investigators said.

Scott Frederick Wegener, 55, of the 500 block of Wendell Road, was charged with possession or discharge of a destructive device.

An anonymous caller Wednesday warned Wegener had detonated an improvised explosive device and was threatening it again, according to Wegener’s arrest affidavit.

The caller said Wegener, nicknamed “Spider,” was in a dispute with someone over the theft of a BB gun and had offered to pay a friend to crawl under the man’s home to plant an IED.

Investigators from the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, Fort Pierce Police Department, FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, all responded to Wegener’s home Wednesday.

They didn’t find any bomb-making equipment there, only two empty Canadian Mist bottles in a red golf cart.

At a home in the 800 block of South Sixth Street, they found evidence of an explosion in the backyard. The homeowner, Wegener’s friend, said the incident happened Saturday.

“Wegener pulled up to (the) house on the golf cart. They began to hang out. Wegener said he was going to kill the chickens in (the) yard. Wegener went to his golf cart and retrieved a Canadian Mist bottle filled with black powder, sand and a green fuse,” according to the affidavit.

Investigators said Wegener lit the fuse and threw the IED into the backyard, where it exploded.

They recovered a 1-pound bag of explosive black powder, 8 feet of “cannon fuse” and a coffee cup filled with sand, which Wegener had left at the Sixth Street home, the affidavit said.

Wegener was charged by the Sheriff’s Office. He remained late Friday in the Indian River County Jail, with bail set at $30,000.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Because I had a strong hunch that I just had to confirm, I will spare the rest of you the trouble of googling:

Yes, St. Lucie County is in Florida.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.