As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

I love everything about that.

Leona is one of my favorite champions in the game from an aesthetics standpoint. But I think she needs some modernizing. Anything she can do I feel like Braum or Ali can do better; except for the 5 man ranged stun.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

Leona is one of my favorite champions in the game from an aesthetics standpoint. But I think she needs some modernizing. Anything she can do I feel like Braum or Ali can do better; except for the 5 man ranged stun.

I don't play Ali but I don't feel that between Leona and Braum at all. Leona can force lane engage at range through minions; Braum has to flash+auto for that if he wants to do so securely. I take her if I know I want to force engage in lane, and I take Braum if I want to be more reactive/defensive.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ...however the real support situation right now is Dark Harvest Zyra or Dark Harvest Karma. Amazing. 4000 dmg from rune alone....

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »

I don't play Ali but I don't feel that between Leona and Braum at all. Leona can force lane engage at range through minions; Braum has to flash+auto for that if he wants to do so securely. I take her if I know I want to force engage in lane, and I take Braum if I want to be more reactive/defensive.

Yeah, Braum creates zones of control and takes moments of opportunity to make aggressive plays. Leona is basically aggression incarnate. Aphromoo still showing us how it's done years later:

NSFW Language
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bWcmK-w_M

Establish presence in the lane my bros

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Braum defends his AD, Leona engages. The difference between Leo and Ali is A) Leo has a ranged initiation with her ult, B ) can be tanky without her ult (W) and C) does more damage in lane.

Ali's great at 6 for what he does, but Leo'll do it earlier. (though with new turret damage++, who knows)

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Wooo boy, that video takes me back. They've done a pretty good job of polishing up the map and UI over the years, holy shit.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    t6HYax0.png

...and here comes the memes.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    What am I looking at?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    *snip*

...and here comes the memes.

To match your forum avatar, you should use the Solar Eclipse version.

However, if you want to switch to Luna/Nightmare Moon, that would be acceptable, too. 8-)

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    ...that *is* the Solar version.

Lunar has white hair, and a different icon on the shield. More purple glows instead of orange.

7qmeqnbz0rt6.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Huh...I wasn't expecting Solar having dark colors on the armor. Oh well, that's what I get for not having a chance to play as both version or lane with somebody who's using them.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Played Brand Support 1st time ever this morning in draft. Got an S+ :) no wonder he’s almost perma-banned...

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    So I one tricked Karthus in Season 8, and managed to hit gold. I love him. I also love Vlad and just unlocked him. I'm thinking of playing him in S9 as he's good top and mid. I've also thought about going back to jungle. But think I might go vlad as he can hard carry, and still be decent when you get behind. Any tips for him?

• Options
    I...love??? this preseason meta???

https://youtu.be/ZKq1Hma3r2M

(wait until the end for the most satisfying 1v2)

the game prior, I had 20 dark harvest stacks at 21 minutes

I mean, also I'm the only person in NA tryharding during preseason instead of messing around, but still. It's great!

• Options
    Dark harvest is getting nerfed hard so I haven't messed with it on karthus.

One thing I heard on the dive. If the jungle and top go demolish, a failed gank is worth more than a succeed one if you go and take down a turret plate it's 360 gold. With two demolishes it's very quick for it to trigger.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Bot lane Karthus is the way and the light.

• Options
    Oh hell.

I think I actually like playing Gnar. I've somehow completely avoided playing him until now.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

I mean, also I'm the only person in NA tryharding during preseason instead of messing around, but still. It's great!

Was this in plat?

*excellent play btw :)

Roz on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sprout wrote: »
    @sprout
    Do you have to learn to last hit or can you still use Q? Tell me more

I want to do this while it's a thing if nothing else just to play bot lane karthus. I hit gold playing him mid and any time I got put top, so I wouldn't be trolling.

RickRude on
  • Options
    Roz wrote: »

Was this in plat?

This is gold 3; I've been gold for like....5 years ;_; (it is so embarrassing when I mention this fact in chat on this forum and everyone's like oh, with how much you love league, I thought you were good! And I have to be like...no ;_; )

I kinda think I can make plat during preseason; we'll see! And then who knows how they're handling season start elo reset, what with all the new tiers and the per role mmr.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »

Was this in plat?

This is gold 3; I've been gold for like....5 years ;_; (it is so embarrassing when I mention this fact in chat on this forum and everyone's like oh, with how much you love league, I thought you were good! And I have to be like...no ;_; )

I kinda think I can make plat during preseason; we'll see! And then who knows how they're handling season start elo reset, what with all the new tiers and the per role mmr.

Being gold is higher than the majority of the playerbase. I believe it means you're in the top 20-30% in the game. So don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you could switch to another position and be gold as well, as you have good game sense, once you learned the champion applicable.

• Options
    Speaking of Karthus, I discovered how much I love to dump on one as Lux. Catch 'em in a Q-E combo and they just melt.

Unfortunately then my bot lane decided to feed a Kog something like 10 kills early, and just became a unstoppable vomit machine.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Speaking of Karthus, I discovered how much I love to dump on one as Lux. Catch 'em in a Q-E combo and they just melt.

Unfortunately then my bot lane decided to feed a Kog something like 10 kills early, and just became a unstoppable vomit machine.

To me the key as karthus is learning to farm and just chill. Wait for the opportune times to Q. you are a lane bully as karthus, but you have bad matchups, and matchups can easily go the other way. You have your Q to farm at range, and to help farm under tower. If you go even in lane, you should win the game. Your R means you don't have to roam and you can easily go from 0/2/0 to 2/2/1 or something like that in one R combined with a gank. Played right you should out scale and be able to do more than your opponent in team fights. I like to bully the lane early, as at level 1 you typically have an advantage with your q. You can spam it, and a few good hits can chunk them good. At levels 2 and 3, unless you are hard winning your lane, start to get it pushing towards you. Maybe one good clear at level 2 to push it to the tower, but at levels 3 and 4, you want it pushing it towards you as you're immobile, and your opponent probably can all in you. Or at least chunk you pretty good. You can just Q spam still, maybe with a wall at level 4. You have no items, your opponent is stronger. Now is the time to farm safely and hit the enemy with q's when you can. but conserve mana to get the wave pushing to your tower.

Karthus has a weird lane pattern where he starts strong, typically gets weaker as he has no CC, then gets stronger again as he has levels and items under him. The nice thing is if you're playing good, and going even in lane, when your opponent all ins you, you should get them low enough to be able to exchange kills in lane when you have your R up. It's the only way I survive against zeds it seems.

Now that I've hit gold, maybe I should make a guide at mobafire. I know the character really well, and at this point, it's probably my poor play holding me back. But I have enough experience for general advice and I have my own way of building him. I never build tear. Too slow and I prefer the tankiness of RoA into Mag Pen and Zhonya's

RickRude on
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular

This reminds me of my triple kill on Zyra the other day when I literally didn't even realize I had a plant killing someone.

Also, Gold is actually good, as @RickRude is noting, and staying where you "were" means you're continuing to improve at this game rather than stagnating. Everyone gets better over time, so you have to improve to be there.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    @sprout
    Do you have to learn to last hit or can you still use Q? Tell me more

I want to do this while it's a thing if nothing else just to play bot lane karthus. I hit gold playing him mid and any time I got put top, so I wouldn't be trolling.

You still use Q. I’ve only actually done it once, but me and a Poppy support owned the hell out of Leona/Twitch. You almost want Leona to go on you, because you can turn on E and get easy Q crits. We got first blood that way.

Being able to take Precision (for Presence of Mind and Coup de Grace) has been a huge buff to him.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Karthus always took those two as his secondary runes. The main change is he doesn't get attack speed for doing it. Looking back at it I don't think he gained a ton truth be told, he used to get 9AP/9%AS before unless it was 10AP and now he's getting twenty plus defensive stat without any attack speed.

It's possible that ten AP could be the difference between a kill and not because of how many Qs you're likely to land and how long your E stays on a person during engages but I dunno.

butts
  • Options
    Oh god, that was way too fun. Ended up going 4-1 in ranked tonight playing Soraka with basically the same runes I use for Lux.

So Dark Harvest, Cheap Shot, Ultimate Hunter, and Presence of Mind. Let's get that cooldown on the ult low.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    sbqqkQ9.png

Maybe they should've come at me with real weapons...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Ok so while playing on your laptop sucks and led to me lowkey inting my first game (but went from 0/4/1 to 0/5/14 and we won, so ok), playing IN PERSON, with 30 people from your city in a theater sitting in seats with the teams next to each other on each row, just yelling cause discord doesn't work, is actually an incredible experience.

My team (team C for DC, gold/plat) won both games and overall our teams had a commanding victory over Boston. They would show a game of the 6 ongoing ones for our city on the big screen with a guy live-casting it--but they never showed ours cause they were over too quick! And maybe C is like not good enough to be interesting but also not bad enough to be interesting...

Both times they banned my Zyra (and we used my ban strats to effectively target their team)

First game we played Karma, Tristana, Akali, Xin, Viktor into Braum, Kai'sa, Morgana, Vi, Kennen. It was uh...well, we had meant to pick Sivir for our run at them comp, but she was banned in the second round of bans so we ended up with a comp that was just really quite worse at teamfighting (and I inted my lane (but also Vi camped my lane)). Even though we don't have a strong shotcaller, we do somehow end up with good macro somehow coalescing out of everyone's play, and we do have solid communication/synergy, so even though we lost a lot of teamfights, the gold was swingy as we took towers across the map. And Viktor was quite strong, as was Xin. Then eventually we magically won a couple teamfights, baroned, and won. Not a tidy game but well fought.

Next game we were like, ok, it is bullshit that this gold 4 mid is playing safe against our plat 3 mid, and also I don't want to feed any more and pushing botlane is really dangerous and also let's actually have more than 0 cc ok?
    So we did same bans (they changed up theirs a little to include Viktor, but still banned Zyra), and first picked Morg for me at my request.
    Morgana, Jhin, Orianna, Xin Zhao, Lissandra into Leona, Twitch, Lux, Pantheon, Urgot. This time was way easier: we were really aware of Pantheon ganks--even got out of the first Leo+Panth ult gank with us both alive, every lane won, steady upwards gold curve for a 27 min game. Then we stuck around to watch an extremely hype come-from-behind victory including a baron steal+pentakill for our team A, and it was just super fun! Highly recommend the experience. Part two of the series vs NY (technical issues last week, and I was sick so I missed game 1--but also every team only played one game cause who knows, something went wrong) is tomorrow online, and then the games vs Chicago are in theater on Wednesday. They're the team to beat, so we'll see how it goes!

• Options
    Ok so while playing on your laptop sucks and led to me lowkey inting my first game (but went from 0/4/1 to 0/5/14 and we won, so ok), playing IN PERSON, with 30 people from your city in a theater sitting in seats with the teams next to each other on each row, just yelling cause discord doesn't work, is actually an incredible experience.

My team (team C for DC, gold/plat) won both games and overall our teams had a commanding victory over Boston. They would show a game of the 6 ongoing ones for our city on the big screen with a guy live-casting it--but they never showed ours cause they were over too quick! And maybe C is like not good enough to be interesting but also not bad enough to be interesting...

Both times they banned my Zyra (and we used my ban strats to effectively target their team)

First game we played Karma, Tristana, Akali, Xin, Viktor into Braum, Kai'sa, Morgana, Vi, Kennen. It was uh...well, we had meant to pick Sivir for our run at them comp, but she was banned in the second round of bans so we ended up with a comp that was just really quite worse at teamfighting (and I inted my lane (but also Vi camped my lane)). Even though we don't have a strong shotcaller, we do somehow end up with good macro somehow coalescing out of everyone's play, and we do have solid communication/synergy, so even though we lost a lot of teamfights, the gold was swingy as we took towers across the map. And Viktor was quite strong, as was Xin. Then eventually we magically won a couple teamfights, baroned, and won. Not a tidy game but well fought.

Next game we were like, ok, it is bullshit that this gold 4 mid is playing safe against our plat 3 mid, and also I don't want to feed any more and pushing botlane is really dangerous and also let's actually have more than 0 cc ok?
    So we did same bans (they changed up theirs a little to include Viktor, but still banned Zyra), and first picked Morg for me at my request.
    Morgana, Jhin, Orianna, Xin Zhao, Lissandra into Leona, Twitch, Lux, Pantheon, Urgot. This time was way easier: we were really aware of Pantheon ganks--even got out of the first Leo+Panth ult gank with us both alive, every lane won, steady upwards gold curve for a 27 min game. Then we stuck around to watch an extremely hype come-from-behind victory including a baron steal+pentakill for our team A, and it was just super fun! Highly recommend the experience. Part two of the series vs NY (technical issues last week, and I was sick so I missed game 1--but also every team only played one game cause who knows, something went wrong) is tomorrow online, and then the games vs Chicago are in theater on Wednesday. They're the team to beat, so we'll see how it goes!

That sounds really cool. Glad you're having fun, and I'd like to stream and watch you play during this competition sometime. Sounds awesome!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Against my better judgement I'm dipping my toe back into this.

Felt pretty good that my first ranked game in years caused an opponent to tell my team "Fuck you, your Janna was carrying you."

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Phreak's pun game is on point in that one.

• Options
    She looks really cool and powerful in good hands.

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular

friggin' awesome :)

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    ummmm tonight we picked another comp without cc or engage but this time the enemy team was fairly good and their high elo lucian got like 17 kills, but every other team in my city won so overall we beat NYC (tonight was the makeup day for technical issues last week)

tomorrow we play chicago--we need to win to get out of the group, cause otherwise they are 3-0! Unfortunately, they're the team that has won SLG every year...
    other option to get out of groups is as the wildcard team (most points)--we'd be in contention for it, but it would depend on how other groups fare.

After our game, we brainstormed what our comps should look like given our champion preferences, likely bans, etc, and came up with options that actually have engage and teamfighting ability, then won some ranked flex together trying out the comp, so I feel good about it!

ALSO THIS SKIN

fda88b2las4y.jpg

..yes, this still has all the problems with sexualization but well also I love it so

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Pyke has been out since May and is getting a skin.

Illaoi has been out since November twenty fourth of 2015 and has received as many skins as him once it comes out.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Neeko is out. She seems neat.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I am so amped up about tonight’s SLG games vs Chicago!

Twitch.tv/superleague from about 9-12 EST. They’ll be focusing on Phoenix vs Seattle and DC vs Chicago because those are the most contentious matches. I don’t know if they’ll show team C (my team) and also our carry top is sick and might not play and also they’ll ban my main and also my mechanics are so bad playing at my laptop but aaaaaaaa I am excited! Show up in twitch chat and root for DC! (Chicago’s won the tournament for...the entire length of the tournament, so let’s have a fun underdog story and not just one where we get steamrolled eep)