As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    ...you know, I wonder what All for One as Neeko would look like.

Or if would be like trying to divide by zero, and the server just implodes. (Or the minions that it’s coded as just resign in protest.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    How does neeko activate her passive

• Options
    She has a extra bar that pops up above the inventory. Looks like hotkeys for it default to Shift-F1-4.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    How does neeko activate her passive

same as kindred.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Holy crap.

Can we get this art as the basis of a Nidalee visual update?

PANTS!

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    o nooooo my team got *destroyed* and all the other teams from DC also got *destroyed*

I have a lot of thoughts for how to prepare better for next season! Sadly, unlike in LCS, second place in our group just means we're out for this season :(

I'd like to find a tournament with this sort of feeling but where I can play on my desktop, because playing on my laptop is not great and sort of makes me wonder if I could ever be the carry I want to be while operating with that particular setup...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So, I'm confused. I know preseason is here. I hit gold right at the end of last season. Have not played a ranked game.

Now I'm gold 4 according to my profile? And it says past highest rank gold 1

*edit * read the patch notes. They got rid of the 5 divisions. That seems weird. No clue why it says highest hit gold one though. They added something below bronze. I almost feel like this is a bad idea. Maybe people don't care, but it feels bad enough being in bronze 5. I've been there. I still had fun, but I felt bad about it. Now it goes to Iron. That que is going to be toxic.

RickRude on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm currently in Iron IV, apparently.

That's meant to be a bug but if it isn't I'm going to have some fun going full on murder support.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I wish they handed out more key fragments faster. I went on a Streak of ARAM S-ranks and now I have very many chests and no keys.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    You'll probably be able to pick up a bunch from the Snowdown event using the coins you get.

butts
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    So, I'm confused. I know preseason is here. I hit gold right at the end of last season. Have not played a ranked game.

Now I'm gold 4 according to my profile? And it says past highest rank gold 1

*edit * read the patch notes. They got rid of the 5 divisions. That seems weird. No clue why it says highest hit gold one though. They added something below bronze. I almost feel like this is a bad idea. Maybe people don't care, but it feels bad enough being in bronze 5. I've been there. I still had fun, but I felt bad about it. Now it goes to Iron. That que is going to be toxic.
    I thought you meant all five separations are gone, not that they removed the 5th division from each tier. That makes sense. Bronze->Diamond is 5 tiers x 5 divisions = 25 levels in the old system. With Iron added you now have 6 tiers x 4 divisions = 24 in the new system. So almost the same number from bottom to top, but only 4 divisions to climb before you get to change tiers. Seems good.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well...played my first match of Nexus Blitz.

It's insane, intense, and immensely fun. Maybe it's because we won...maybe it's because I was playing Lux...but holy crap. I haven't PVP'd in League since Dominion mode was around, but I could get used to this.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

It's insane, intense, and immensely fun. Maybe it's because we won...maybe it's because I was playing Lux...but holy crap. I haven't PVP'd in League since Dominion mode was around, but I could get used to this.

It's fun but I have no clue what I'm doing

• Options

It's fun but I have no clue what I'm doing

I think that plays to my strengths:

See, because I don't PVP at all (since the death of Dominion mode), I have no clue what I'm doing in SR. So in Nexus Blitz, I just do what comes naturally vs. bots: set up sick ganks and stay alive. Because of my time playing PUBG, I'm paranoid af of every bush I see, so I toss wards into each one I know I'm going to walk near. And, because of my time in Heroes of the Storm, I know to PTFO when they show up (well...PTFO while also setting up sick ganks).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I agree, Nexus Blitz is fun! Chaotic as hell and I am constantly losing, but fun.
    v3eu2rr6gs65.jpg

Asthariel on
  • Options
    I'm gold 2 now! Maybe that's meaningless because of preseason, but it's the best I've ever done.
    I am trying not to one-trick--and actually one of the guys I played against in the tournament and with whom I had an interesting talk about 5s vs soloqueue has been yelling at me not to play Zyra so I can get better at 5s--but I wanted to win my promo series sooooo

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2928649561/203490857?tab=overview

I am feeling the dark harvest nerf a bit. 26 minutes, 17 stacks, 1400 damage--definitely lower than it was before. I mean, still better than comet, because it's damage that happens right when you want it, and because it seriously makes me a better player--the little soul icons that appear over low health players encourage me to focus on targets that I have a chance of bursting down, and encourage me to really play more aggressively/press my advantage.

• Options
    I feel like dark harvest is going to get another nerf. I don't think it's meant to be so powerful supports take it. Kind of annoying seeing it picked on every character on the loading screen.

• Options
    Dark Harvest Soraka is the best, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I know they do it to get people to log in every day, but it's pretty annoying to not have played in a couple of days to log in and see you missed the first 3 days of quests for snowdown because you didn't realize it was starting . Feels bad

• Options
    I know they do it to get people to log in every day, but it's pretty annoying to not have played in a couple of days to log in and see you missed the first 3 days of quests for snowdown because you didn't realize it was starting . Feels bad

On the bright side, the missed Snowdown tokens can be made up by winning 3 (or losing 6) SR matches.

• Options

On the bright side, the missed Snowdown tokens can be made up by winning 3 (or losing 6) SR matches.

That's a nice little thing. Can you do it playing nexus blitz? Trying to get enough nexus token for the special poro for aram.

• Options

That's a nice little thing. Can you do it playing nexus blitz? Trying to get enough nexus token for the special poro for aram.

6 Snowdown tokens for a Nexus Blitz win
    3 tokens for a NB loss

• Options

6 Snowdown tokens for a Nexus Blitz win
    3 tokens for a NB loss

Hmmm I don't see that quest for me yet. I completed the only snowdown event I had, day 4. Gonna relog and see what happens.

• Options
    Ya they're not showing up for me. Wondering if I missed something on the day 1-3 rewards I can't do (why not give me day 3 after I complete 4?)

It's small things, but when I start adding up tokens I cna get, what I missed, if I can't earn enough for the reward I want, I just check out. There's other games to play.

Like, I get why they do it, but I have a lesser desire to complete the rest of the missions after missing 3 compared to someone who played day 1. ANd if my math is correct, I cannot get the reward I want. So that just makes it feel shitty and makes me not wnat to play the game, even if I have been having fun with low stress nexus blitz. The walling of rewards cause I couldn't play for a day is turningme off fromt he whole event, which can't be what they want. There has to be a better middle ground.

• Options
    Ya they're not showing up for me. Wondering if I missed something on the day 1-3 rewards I can't do (why not give me day 3 after I complete 4?)

It's small things, but when I start adding up tokens I cna get, what I missed, if I can't earn enough for the reward I want, I just check out. There's other games to play.

Like, I get why they do it, but I have a lesser desire to complete the rest of the missions after missing 3 compared to someone who played day 1. ANd if my math is correct, I cannot get the reward I want. So that just makes it feel shitty and makes me not wnat to play the game, even if I have been having fun with low stress nexus blitz. The walling of rewards cause I couldn't play for a day is turningme off fromt he whole event, which can't be what they want. There has to be a better middle ground.

Oh, they're not quests. Sorry, my mistake. They're regular match rewards........

...if you bought into the Snowdown Ticket pass thingy.

• Options

Oh, they're not quests. Sorry, my mistake. They're regular match rewards........

Oh, ya, that's different. I'mbnot buying that thing. Might have to buy something though, think I'll be short of the reward I want. Adding it up now,I'll be 20 short I think.

• Options
    My point still stands. I get why they do the daily quests, but it sucks if you didn't know and log on day 4, and have no way of doing 1 -3 .

• Options

Oh, ya, that's different. I'mbnot buying that thing. Might have to buy something though, think I'll be short of the reward I want. Adding it up now,I'll be 20 short I think.

Yeah, they had me for sure the second I saw the prestige Akali skin. I know she gets insta-banned right now...but that's fine and dandy since I primarily play vs. bots.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I tried firing this up again after not having touched it in 3 years.

Oh my god what is this new runes reforged mess? The game was already becoming a bit of a headache with the new complicated items they were constantly adding (when you need multiple paragraphs to describe the effects of an item, it's too complicated), but these new runes are a full on migraine. They're not just minor stat increases anymore, or tiny adjustments like the old masteries. It feels like you have to account for 30 new summoner spells and they're all hidden. Constantly seeing fights now where people get huge buffs/bursts/heals out of nowhere and I have no clue what happened.

I tried 4 games and just gave up. Everyone seems to just run a burst build and vaporize a champ at level 1to snowball from there. I remember the good old days when you could glance at a champ's 2 summoner spells and know exactly what to expect.

That's not even getting into only being given 2 rune pages unless you pay. Having 5 presets that you can't edit is just obnoxious.

Are they going to stick with this new system? It made me quit after just 2 hours.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    MrBody wrote: »

Oh my god what is this new runes reforged mess? The game was already becoming a bit of a headache with the new complicated items they were constantly adding (when you need multiple paragraphs to describe the effects of an item, it's too complicated), but these new runes are a full on migraine. They're not just minor stat increases anymore, or tiny adjustments like the old masteries. It feels like you have to account for 30 new summoner spells and they're all hidden. Constantly seeing fights now where people get huge buffs/bursts/heals out of nowhere and I have no clue what happened.

I tried 4 games and just gave up. Everyone seems to just run a burst build and vaporize a champ at level 1to snowball from there. I remember the good old days when you could glance at a champ's 2 summoner spells and know exactly what to expect.

That's not even getting into only being given 2 rune pages unless you pay. Having 5 presets that you can't edit is just obnoxious.

Are they going to stick with this new system? It made me quit after just 2 hours.

Runes seem stupid and really complicated at first, but its way better than the previous runes and masteries, trust me. Look up so guides on the generally changes and you should he good.

Or try nexus blitz where everyone is new.

Also @mrbody you can now edit your runes in champ select so anything over 2 is just for convenience. It's easy to set runes every game.

RickRude on
  • Options
    Got a quest to do 2k damage as some champions. Had an akali shard and thought she seemed fun.

God I suck as Akali and she is so unfun when you don't know what you're doing.

• Options
    Got a quest to do 2k damage as some champions. Had an akali shard and thought she seemed fun.

So, before I started playing Akali after her rework, I figured I'd watch some youtube guides on how to play her. This is where I started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5a_MF-enuY

Not saying he's godly or anything...but it'll give you an idea how her skills work.

• Options

So, before I started playing Akali after her rework, I figured I'd watch some youtube guides on how to play her. This is where I started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5a_MF-enuY

Not saying he's godly or anything...but it'll give you an idea how her skills work.

I watched this same guy! Have him in the background right now as I finished the quset and am trying to play Ilalio for some reason. Remember her beign an easy S on SR. Also been playing vlad, amumu, and rumble.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Runes seem stupid and really complicated at first, but its way better than the previous runes and masteries, trust me. Look up so guides on the generally changes and you should he good.

Also @mrbody you can now edit your runes in champ select so anything over 2 is just for convenience. It's easy to set runes every game.

Doing it during champion select is pretty rushed. By the time you pick a champ based on what everyone else is picking, how much time do you have left to not only pick them based on not just who you're playing, but what your tea and the other team picked?

It's not just figuring out my own runes, it's not being able to account for what the enemy has. Are they going to get a damage, healing, or defensive buff out of nowhere when you gank or dive?

The new runes don't seem to "adapt to how you play" so much as they dictate exactly how you play. They tell you exactly when and how you should poke and no more.

The old runes were mostly inconsequential. The old masteries were a rote cookie cutter deal where each role basically picked the same tree. I much prefer that to this new system. It's a headache to learn, you can't account for what your enemy has, and you can't afford to pick a suboptimal layout anymore because you will get killed and start the enemy snowballing early.

LoL used to be the simple and casual choice for a MOBA. I swear it's harder to learn than DOTA 2 now.

MrBody on
  • Options

Doing it during champion select is pretty rushed. By the time you pick a champ based on what everyone else is picking, how much time do you have left to not only pick them based on not just who you're playing, but what your tea and the other team picked?

It's not just figuring out my own runes, it's not being able to account for what the enemy has. Are they going to get a damage, healing, or defensive buff out of nowhere when you gank or dive?

The new runes don't seem to "adapt to how you play" so much as they dictate exactly how you play. They tell you exactly when and how you should poke and no more.

The old runes were mostly inconsequential. The old masteries were a rote cookie cutter deal where each role basically picked the same tree. I much prefer that to this new system. It's a headache to learn, you can't account for what your enemy has, and you can't afford to pick a suboptimal layout anymore because you will get killed and start the enemy snowballing early.

LoL used to be the simple and casual choice for a MOBA. I swear it's harder to learn than DOTA 2 now.

I felt like this at first, but trust me, it's a lot simpler now.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    This game still really needs pre-lobby champion selection for casual matches.

I literally just want to try Neeko and don't care for anything else right now.

• Options
    If only there was a mode where you could select a position and character when you queue, and the game will try to make a match for you.

Some sort of... team... builder?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like dark harvest is going to get another nerf. I don't think it's meant to be so powerful supports take it. Kind of annoying seeing it picked on every character on the loading screen.

It is much weaker than it used to be, just looking at the numbers I'm getting. Me taking it on Zyra is hardly an 'even supports' take it situation: Zyra's playstyle/goal is to poke enemies down below 50% in lane, then later in teamfights burst them with ult combo, so it is a really natural choice--and much easier to stack than with a solo laner who only procs it during 100-0 allins.

• Options
    Also, Nexus Blitz feels awful to me. It's like everything I hate about HotS, but in league! Nothing you do feels consequential and there's a bunch of dumb events. Pass pass pass.