As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    It was very fun to watch Nexus Blitz played in the All-Stars by a bunch of pros. I, personally, have no plans to venture into it.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Also, Nexus Blitz feels awful to me. It's like everything I hate about HotS, but in league! Nothing you do feels consequential and there's a bunch of dumb events. Pass pass pass.

And this right here is the key to why I like it (and also why I liked Dominion mode). Well, that and the longest a match will go on seems to be 20 minutes.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I think it's a fun little distraction, but these quests feel like a grind.

It does feel very heroes of the storm but not exactly tuned right for league yet. It was fun watching the pros play it though.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I actually like Nexus Blitz a bunch, it’s just easier to spot problems in it that League normally has that people might gloss over in SR because “that’s how things work.”

Eff Zed and Yasuo.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/4MQ4YMfotYs

heheheheh

yes their support was trolling with her pick but still

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I found out that I played and won a game against a Master tier support main.

The important thing isn't that I won, it's that I flamed the shit out of them without actually knowing who they were.

butts
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    https://tsm.gg/news/tsm-official-2019-lcs-roster

What is this!

Did Zven and Mithy get divorced???

credeiki on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Mithy is hoping that the more distance he can put between himself and the LCS the less often he'll see that Tahm Kench ult every time he closes his eyes.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    https://tsm.gg/news/tsm-official-2019-lcs-roster

What is this!

Did Zven and Mithy get divorced???

There's been quite a bit of shakeup. The dive has an episode on a lot of it. I thought they were over rated, I'm surprised they kept one. I didn't think Zven did anything special. Then again I was comparing him to DL all season since he replaced him.

• Options
    475xzcw11r54.jpg
    Not me, just a meme I saw that cracks me up.

• Options
    Smug Tahm best emote.

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    Smug Tahm best emote.

That one is solid but I seldom see it. My favorite thing was in a recent game where I was playing braum my adc kept flashing the happy braum emote at me—very cute. For every game where I have to mute the adc, there at probably 2-3 where the adc compliments me or puts up a bunch of friendly emotes; it’s good!

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I decided to play some ranked today.

Ivern is still the best. I love my dumb candy tree.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I keep coming back and playing Hecarim.

I swear next game in going all in on speed. Predator, ghost blade, PD, Trinity force, shiv and RFC.

Speedy ponyboi is so satisfying.

It's too bad his Q doesn't scale off of AP or Wizard Pony would be so much more fun.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    *spit-take*

...So, huh, I just cracked one of those Snowdown capsules for kicks. It had Snow Day Gnar (which I owned), Scarlet Hammer Poppy (which I owned)...

...a Gemstone...

...and then Gun Goddess Miss Fortune. :D The permanent, too, since Ultimate skins don't come in shards.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    So I tried the PD Hecarim last night. It took forever to feel like I finally got "online" but once I spiked I started hitting hard.

Though I think Cinderhulk - Trinity - GhostBlade - Stormrazor is the best choice. Since it frees up a slot for another tank item like Deadmans or Steraak's (which is what I normally get)

• Options
    I think Hecarim skips smite upgrade if he's going assassin unless he has the gold to do it on a back. Otherwise it's Cinderhulk after Triforce.

butts
  • Options
    I always go cinderhulk first. I don't know why.

Likely because trinity is so expensive I like having the full item finished. Maybe I'll go trinity first next time.

• Options
    Components for Triforce are fine. Stinger I think he wants the least, having the gold for Sheen is a solid buy if you can't afford Phage. Triforce spikes him way harder than Cinderhulk plus Phage.

butts
  • Options
    Stinger would be the last piece you buy. It does almost nothing for you in ganks. Phage gives speed, and sheen is a nice damage amp since Q spam.

• Options
    Well I changed around and it did feel better.

I'm 7-0 with Hecarim currently and finally moving into B1

• Options
    People suck. In an aram lobby, someone boosts and I get arcade miss fortune! Really excited to play her as the arcade skins are always cool. 3 seconds left, someone dodges.

Whatever, I had to poop anyways.

• Options
    Man. My leona is so rusty. Gotta get back into the swing of things better. Too many missed Es.

• Options
    This game is so hard jfc

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2937346100/203490857?tab=overview

The Ezreal was so bad! The Tryndamere lost lane to a Soraka! The Nunu lost jungle and then would run in with Malphite but without me and assume that somehow they'd win despite having no damage
    aaaaaaaa
    I made good dragon calls though and also hard carried so

• Options
    This game is so hard jfc

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2937346100/203490857?tab=overview

The Ezreal was so bad! The Tryndamere lost lane to a Soraka! The Nunu lost jungle and then would run in with Malphite but without me and assume that somehow they'd win despite having no damage
    aaaaaaaa

Don't be hating on the losING lane to soraka. I've lost lane to some dumb things I've never seen before, think a fucking sona once and definitely a mid rakan when it was briefly a thing. It feels bad. So bad

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    This game is so hard jfc

aaaaaaaa

Don't be hating on the losING lane to soraka. I've lost lane to some dumb things I've never seen before, think a fucking sona once and definitely a mid rakan when it was briefly a thing. It feels bad. So bad

Yeah for sure, I mean often I do lose to unconventional botlanes that really shouldn’t be winning, and it’s so frustrating! That said, you can’t help but be sad when your Tryndamere can’t 1v1 Soraka. It’s just...really a reversal of how you normally see those two champions. And when you see your adc is bad but decide not to give up hope cause maybe there’s someone else to support, and then you look top and see your Tryndamere losing to Soraka with Sheen, it’s definitely dispiriting (and that’s when you must become the carry you wish to see in the world)

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    This game is so hard jfc

aaaaaaaa

When you don't know how to play the matchup and they do is where some of the worst stomps I've ever had come from. And vice versa.

In totally unrelated news, I'm playing mordekaiser mid and top again. It's great.

• Options
    Soraka does a disgusting amount of damage level one and two. Her Q hits fairly hard and gives her a fair amount of health regen (to compensate for the fact that she has next to zero base) plus it's on a short cooldown.

Plus she's against a melee champion so the slow plus movement speed while running away means level one she bullies the shit out of Trynd if he doesn't just spin on her level one and try to kill with ignite.

I don't think Soraka is supposed to win the lane in the slightest but if she plays the level one right and puts him in a shitty situation early the jungler should set up camp and spend an eternity up there and use Soraka to seige down every other lane after taking top.

butts
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    In my shop section I just got the message "you did it, you bamboozeled the shop bot. You own every skin the bot wanted to offer."

I haven't bought a skin since arcade Sona. JFC

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

I play this song in beat sabre. This song is awesome.

Note had I not heard it first in beat sabre and it not been so much fun, I may not feel this way.

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

I play this song in beat sabre. This song is awesome.

Note had I not heard it first in beat sabre and it not been so much fun, I may not feel this way.

I'm already into kpop, but this song did make me follow G-IDLE and I'm pretty pleased; I like their stuff.

Hmph today I played a Sona Draven lane and the Draven kept pinging me/typing at me if I got a kill. And yeah I'm happy to give you kills, Draven, but if you have no ult and the kill was that my ignite takes down their support as he's fleeing over a screen away from you, how precisely did you think you were going to get that one?

annoyingggggggg (I muted him and his pings, then we lost)

• Options
    Huh, I don’t think I’ve played Ashe since the rework... and I think I like her?

I mean, I’m not always getting the sick frags, but I seem to be getting a lot of use out of her kit to harass and start fights with the ult.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, I don’t think I’ve played Ashe since the rework... and I think I like her?

I mean, I’m not always getting the sick frags, but I seem to be getting a lot of use out of her kit to harass and start fights with the ult.

Ashe feels really excellent a lot of the time.

Doing shit with your ult feels good; AA harassing in lane (into some matchups) feels good, and free W poke has always been nice; pushing Q and just out-DPSing your opponent is fantastic. Botrk+Hurricane+IE is a fun build, too--I just like making those items.
    I never really used to play Ashe, but when everyone was spamming Kai'sa I started feeling like she was a Kai'sa counter--maybe not in general, but for me, and I think in similar way she feels like a Lucian counter now that everyone's spamming Lucian.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Lots of ups and downs today. Winning games I have no business winning as my team hard carries me across the goal line. Then games where I'm playing out of my mind, but can't corral them to victory.

that's league I guess.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Still back dabbling in this, still funny to watch my team's reaction as they notice that I'm an Iron 2 player in Gold/Plat Elo.

Supporting feels a little bit different to how I remember it. Warding's very restricted, burst and damage seems to be rewarded more than anything else. Doing fine with old favourites Janna, Soraka and Sona but I'm having trouble making Nami work for some reason. Might just be rusty.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Lots of ups and downs today. Winning games I have no business winning as my team hard carries me across the goal line. Then games where I'm playing out of my mind, but can't corral them to victory.

that's league I guess.

I won two games yesterday (in Nexus Bliz, to be fair, which is relatively easy to turn) that we had no good reason to win. It's just kind of the nature of it sometimes. I don't remember if we're friends on League (or even if you're on NA), but you can hit me up sometime if you want (summoner: Doctor Ivellius).
    Burnage wrote: »
    Still back dabbling in this, still funny to watch my team's reaction as they notice that I'm an Iron 2 player in Gold/Plat Elo.

Supporting feels a little bit different to how I remember it. Warding's very restricted, burst and damage seems to be rewarded more than anything else. Doing fine with old favourites Janna, Soraka and Sona but I'm having trouble making Nami work for some reason. Might just be rusty.

Yeah, they've chipped vision down to make it less of the support's job and more "everyone contributes." Personally I think that's a very good thing. For the "enchanter" supports like you describe, they've been given more power through itemization (see Redemption, for instance), so consider how to synergize with that. Given the importance of landing Nami's Q, I would expect more practice would help a lot.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options

I watch a few challenger support streams (stunt, lohpally, painless) and I keep hearing (maybe just from stunt) that Sona is good to climb on. I am...not having very much luck with that and am finding that damage support (for any game) or hard engage (but only when paired with a strong adc) is best. Morgana is also good but I kinda feel like she just makes you win if you were already going to win and doesn’t really reverse the course of the game.
    Nami feels really strong right now as part of a lane dominance strategy with Caitlyn, MF, Lucian. If you’re with a weak early adc or a weak player, she feels pretty useless and doesn’t really provide solo pressure but can kinda keep you alive while hopefully some other lane is winning.

• Options

I watch a few challenger support streams (stunt, lohpally, painless) and I keep hearing (maybe just from stunt) that Sona is good to climb on. I am...not having very much luck with that and am finding that damage support (for any game) or hard engage (but only when paired with a strong adc) is best. Morgana is also good but I kinda feel like she just makes you win if you were already going to win and doesn’t really reverse the course of the game.
    Nami feels really strong right now as part of a lane dominance strategy with Caitlyn, MF, Lucian. If you’re with a weak early adc or a weak player, she feels pretty useless and doesn’t really provide solo pressure but can kinda keep you alive while hopefully some other lane is winning.

Sona is real strong once you learn her distances, match ups, and ability to not die every time thresh looks at you funny. She's god tier for taking baron.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Sona is real strong once you learn her distances, match ups, and ability to not die every time thresh looks at you funny. She's god tier for taking baron.

Her power spikes definitely feel like they've changed a bit. She used to be fantastic at level 1 and 6 but fell off later, now she seems like she doesn't dominate the early quite as hard but got a substantial boost to the rest of the game as compensation.

Burnage on