As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's the Bogey Memorial Xth Annual Oscars Pool! CONGRATULATIONS TO PH BLAKE!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    ph blake wrote: »
    When Garner said "musician who departed this past year" I could only think of Prince and was really, really curious what Prince song they'd pick for an In Memorandum of all things

oh, let's go crazy, for sure

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Emily Blunt up there looking like Elsa from Frozen going to prom in 1987

She’s Mary Poppins y’all

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    My goal in life is to have a friend as happy for me as Keegan is for Jordan.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    ... Huh. That was a shorter list than I was anticipating. A couple big names, but only one disrespectful cutaway.

Edit: Not to disrespect anyone passing, I should note. I just.. well, I think 2016 skewed me.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    frankly mad that Harry Dean Stanton didn't get a clip and it wasn't the "ordinary fuckin' people" one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Get Out officially has more Oscars than the Outkast Reunion skit from Key and Peele, but I'm still not positive which one is better.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuck Konami?

Fuck Konami. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yo, go Guillermo

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Why did I think Guillermo already had an Oscar

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Best Directing

Winner: Guillermo del Toro, "The Shape of Water"

Scoreboard update: Fishman, minor incident, and ph blake still tied for first at 17.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Oh shit. This thing is going to come down to Best Picture, isn't it?

(or even the tiebreaker!)

minor incident on
  • Options
    lady bird's not gonna win an oscar :(

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rough year for ol Quickfoot

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This Chrissy Teigen commercial

• Options

I think Laurie Metcalf was probably the best chance. It's too bad, it's a solid number 2 or 3 for me in a lot of categories.

• Options

don't worry, the Mad TV sketch won the acting award that belonged to it instead

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are trying to give Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell a run for America's Favorite Adorable Famous Couple.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I really thought Metcalf was gonna win, honestly

• Options

I think Laurie Metcalf was probably the best chance. It's too bad, it's a solid number 2 or 3 for me in a lot of categories.

I think it probably had a real shot at screenplay, but I'm only like...actually sad Laurie Metcalf lost

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    This is not the year to bet against Fishman.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are trying to give Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell a run for America's Favorite Adorable Famous Couple.

no, they are way ahead by virtue of not including dax shepard

• Options
    oh fuck yes perfect clip for DDL

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think Metcalf wins almost any other year but she was just beat out by Janney's performance.

• Options

I feel like Bell makes up that deficit well enough, though.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Also, Chrissy Teigen once dunked on Kevin Sorbo by calling him “boy Xena”. So she wins.

• Options
    I named my Volkswagen Tiguan, "Chrissy Tiguan"

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »

Also, Chrissy Teigen once dunked on Kevin Sorbo by calling him “boy Xena”. So she wins.

Okay, yeah, I was not aware of that. You're right.

• Options
    Oldman Receives Award for Wearing Makeup, Shouting

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Watched Darkest Hour last night. He definitely deserved the award

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I'm honestly surprised it is his first oscar (unless it is just the first for leading actor?)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jane Fonda doesn't give a fuck.

Best Actor in a Leading Role

Winner: Gary Oldman, "Darkest Hour"

Scoreboard update: Still Fishman, minor, and blake with 18.

• Options
    Does Daniel Kaluuya cry a lot in Get Out or do they just keep using the same promotional shots?

• Options
    well at least we probably saved someone from getting brained with a phone tonight!!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Athenor wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

I'm honestly surprised it is his first oscar (unless it is just the first for leading actor?)

I could swear he has a supporting actor oscar.

edit: I guess not! Just double checked.

minor incident on
  • Options
    Knew this was coming, still very meh about it

• Options
    literally everyone else nominated deserved it more than Gary Oldman

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    COME ON DANIEL DAY LEWIS IS RIGHT THERE IF YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE IT TO A UK WHITE ACTOR

• Options
    I’m sad that Gary Oldman turned out to be such a piece of shit because he’s still a pretty talented actor

• Options
    I bombed on every one of the coin flip categories

• Options
    Does Daniel Kaluuya cry a lot in Get Out or do they just keep using the same promotional shots?

They just keep using the same shot over and over again