As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread: Games, games, and more games - all the games!!!

MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
edited March 2018 in Games and Technology
oEMpQBg.png

Backlog Challenge spreadsheet!!!

Welcome to the Steam thread!
This is a pretty neat community of people who like to talk about video games, sales, digital distribution, hat economies, classiness and classholery. We enjoy long walks on the beach, digital hoarding, gifting, the suffering of longtime members, and raising money for charity.

TrXAw.png
This is a big, busy thread. There are some guidelines to keep things nice and orderly:
  • Be civil.
  • This thread is for Steam-related discussion. Try to look for other, more appropriate threads before discussing games or other topics in here. Let's not drain other threads of precious content!
  • If you feel someone's acting inappropriately, then quietly report the responsible parties to forum mods.
  • Don't post links to active kickstarters without prior mod permission. Forum-wide rule.
  • Linking your Steam profile in your sig will help community members find you, see what kinds of games you like, invite you to MP games, etc.
  • Do not beg for games.

PA G&T Friday Night Game Fever!
@CorriganX had this crazy idea of getting some folks together to play games and thus Friday Night Game night began. Each week a game is posted as the Friday selection and at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific we all get online and fire up some multiplayer action. If there is a big enough reception, a second round of the game is usually played on Saturday or Sunday at Noon Eastern/6pm Central European so our friends from across the big drink can join us without needing to pull an all nighter. The games are typically streamed by at least one or two folks for viewing as well.
Thanks to @HiT BiT for this awesome banner!
5As4jUe.jpg

On the nature of gifting.
Sometimes people gift games.
  • Don't feel that you have to gift games to be a part of this community. It's just one of many things that go on. Some people can give lots of games. Some people can give a game or two a year. Some people make amazing images. Some people find hidden indie gems and report about them. Some people relay amazing gaming moments. Some people report sales. Some people are hysterical. Etc. There are many ways to participate in this community. Gifting is just one of them and is not required.
  • If you run a contest, have entries PMed to you. The thread gets too cluttered otherwise. You can, however, post the winning entries.
  • If you receive a gift, then take a moment to thank the gifter. Use the notification system so they can see your thank you post! ( @NAME. Use quotes around names with spaces.) See below for an example.
  • If you win a Steamgifts giveaway, in addition to thanking the gifter, be sure to mark the gift as received on Steamgifts. You tie up a gift 'slot' for the gifter until you do.
  • In addition to contests, wishlist gifting, ninja gifting, revenge gifting, pile-on gifting and Steamgifts.com giveaways, we have the new [ codes ][ /codes ] tags which can fire off one or more Steam codes (or activation links). More info about [ codes ] below.
  • Steam direct gifting still works, but since we can't use our inventory the same, Steamgifts doesn't work as well anymore, thus you may find this Paypal Steam Wallet link handy should you want to throw Steam Wallet Codes instead.
A Steam thread participant preparing for gifting...
DuoTRts.jpg
Rare footage of a gift fight in action...
cHvcZKg.jpg

vEerB.png
Steam sales are legendary. From small to honking massive:
Daily Deals: One game a day goes on sale at 10am PT for 24 hours.
Midweek Madness: Starts 10am PT Tuesday and ends Thursday afternoon.
Weekend Sale: Starts midday Thursday and ends with the sale rollover Monday. Sometimes accompanies free play weekends for MP titles.
Publisher Sale: Many of the publishers games will get a modest discount with a single title or franchise getting a featured day with a deeper discount. Follow the big sale guidelines.
Seasonal Sales: Mardi Gras time here in the thread. Huge swaths of games go on discount, with daily specials, flash sales, community vote sales, and whatever else the evil geniuses at Valve cook up to separate us from our money. There are often metagames such as sale achievements or collectibles or other madness that rewards buying, playing and gifting games and participating in Steam's community. The summer sale usually starts in the last week of June and runs for two weeks, and the Winter sale usually runs for two weeks across Christmas and New Year's.
Other retailers like Amazon and Green Man Gaming get into the act now too, so there are often great values to be had during sales for Steam-activatable games from other sites.
Seasonal Sales Birthdays are basically a big deal around this thread.

Important Note: If you are waiting for a particular game, be sure to mind the countdown timer on the game's store page. Starting Winter 2013, the last day of the sale was just a recap of top sellers. Most games went back to full price.

Steam's refund policy, Abuse section:
Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

FtFG8.png
PA Steam Groups
We have two core Steam groups: Both of these groups have chat, and both are used sometimes to try to limit giveaways to community members.
Penny Arcade is a general Steam group for folks from the PA forums.
PA G&T Adventure Team is a group that was originally created to get multi/coop going for smaller or older titles. Because it is actively moderated, a lot of folks use it as a giveaway group (to avoid problems we've had in the past with non-forumers scooping up gifts intended for the community.) Membership is locked during major sales.

How do I join the Steam groups?
If you've just arrived, hang out here in the thread for a while and talk games with us before you ask for membership. When you do ask, include a link to your Steam profile. Membership to the two Steam groups is for reasonably active community members. If you have been on the PA forums for a while and have participated, post a link to your Steam profile here in the thread and a Steam group mod will take care of you.
If you've been on the forums for three days during a major sale and your only posts have been to casually express your strong desire for certain games, your request is unlikely to find a positive reception. Ditto if your very first post on the forum is to ask for group membership. Sadly this does happen sometimes.
The best parts of this community are available to you now just by showing up. Read some posts, make some posts, ask to be invited as a guest to chat, buy some games, play some games, etc. Group membership is modest icing on delicious cake.

Warning: This guy's going to make you buy games. All the games.
HXxJbR7.png

Where are you guys getting those nifty Steam Signatures?
Check out Alabaster Slim for his lovely signature generator.

Has Game X ever been Price Y? How can I keep track of all the sales and discounts?
http://isthereanydeal.com/ is your friend. You can sync your Steam wishlist to it if you like and get notifications when prices drop. Double check that you are getting a Steam key from a 3rd party site before buying.

How do the new [codes ][ /codes] tags even work?
Put a series of Steam activation codes (or activation links, or movie quotes, or winning lottery numbers...) inside the tags, each on its own line like this (without the spaces inside the brackets, of course):
[codes ]code 1
code 2
code 3
code n[/codes]
That will create a little box with a clickable link and a number. Each forumer who clicks the link will get a popup and a PM with the next line. Each line can only be sent out once and each forumer can only click once. It was originally designed to allow developers to hand out lots of codes for a game without some goose grabbing the lot.
Just one code thingy per post!
Note: [ code ][ /code ] is a different tag. Be sure to get that "s" up in there!

Steam Game Categories
You can make a copy of of the file below to backup your category tags!
\Steam\userdata\*USERIDHERE*\7\remote \shareconfig.vdf

Trading cards? Badges? Steam profile levels? Boosters? FOILS?! What the hell?
Jrraghen put together this helpful guide: The House of Cards!
Many games now have trading cards. You can earn some of these cards by playing/idling the game. Some of them you'll need to get by trading or buying them from the Steam community market. Completing a set lets you craft a badge, which gives you an emoticon, a profile wallpaper, a coupon (usually) and profile experience. Leveling up your profile increase your friend cap, earns you customization options for your Steam profile and, allegedly, increases your chances of getting a booster. Boosters are packs of three cards that show up in your inventory sometimes. You can open them or sell them on the market. Sometimes cards are foil. Each game has a regular badge with five levels and a single-level foil badge. Oh, and you must be a certain level to get your card drops.

But that's pure, diabolical evil!
Yes, that's right.

Can we trade cards in the thread?
You can but it's inefficient. Use the Steam feature that shows you which of your friends has the cards you need. Join the Steam group we created for trading cards: PA Card Sharks
Also check this handy tip from HiT BiT:
A little Steam trading trick some of you may not be aware of:
  • Go to your Steam Inventory
  • Click on the "Trade Offers" button
  • Then click on the "Who can send me Trade Offers?" link
  • Below you will find a "Trade URL"
You can share this URL with other Steam users to allow them to directly send you a trade offer even if they aren't on your friends list.
You can share this URL anywhere, including your forum sig.
If you have shared or posted your URL and would like to stop receiving trade offers from it use the "Create New URL" button. A new Trade URL will be created turning the previous one inoperative.

Is Steam down?!
Is it Tuesday? It's probably scheduled maintenance.

It's not Tuesday. Is Steam down?!
http://issteamdown.com/

What are you people talking about? Why hats and what is an "Isy?"
Check out the handy Steam Thread Primer, written by @Smokestacks!
Steam Thread Primer:
Gaben/The Newell - Gabe Newell, Director of Valve Software. Called "Gaben" because in the commentary for older Source Engine games he would tell players to email him at "Gabe N. at valvesoftware.com" with user feedback.
Serve the Newell - To buy games on Steam, to give Gaben your money. From this comic edit.
Bad Rats - An incredibly awful 'physics' based puzzle game, available on Steam, notorious for being as awkward as it is broken. Will haunt your dreams. Popular gift to give to people.
Class - An attribute demonstrated by people who will generously purchase games and then give them to internet strangers.
Class War - When two or more forumers buy each other games back and forth until one of them gives up. I know this sounds really crazy, but it happens.
Bundle - Originally the Humble Indie Bundle, which was a "pay what you want" system for a group of games, now usually means any website selling a group of games (usually able to be registered on Steam) for a low price.
Giveaway/A Giveaway - Usually refers to a giveaway on Steamgifts.com, a website where you list a game you want to give away, people enter, and then a winner is randomly decided among all entrants after a set time period.
Hats/The Hatconomy - The purchase and sale of in-game hats or sometimes other items in TF2. Some hats are very valuable, which is funny because they are just hats for videogame characters. People who have valuable hats or other items in their inventories sometimes get messages from random people on Steam begging for those items.
Backlog - The list of games you have purchased, but have not gotten around to playing yet. Tends to grow over time, often to immense proportions. If you do not have a backlog yet, between the thread and the sales you will get one.
Spies/Russian Spies - People who lurk the thread or try to get into the various PA Steam groups not to participate in the community, but to try and get free games.
Steamsigs - Custom forum signatures that display a link to your Steam profile, as well as an image of a game you are currently playing, have played the most in the last two weeks, or have played the most over all time (if you haven't played any games on Steam in the last two weeks). Available here courtesy of forumer Suds. Having a Steam sig (or some sort of clickable link to your Steam profile in your signature) makes it considerably easier for people to add you to their friends list.
Child's Play - A charity started by the writer and artist behind PA that raises money for videogames/toys that go to children's hospitals, originally started in '03, has grown every year. Helps sick kids feel better about their time in the hospital while simultaneously refuting the idea that gamers are antisocial jerks.
Isy - Big Classy, a forumer. Formerly known as "Big Isy", he was granted the new name after donating a hefty amount of money to Child's Play during a fundraiser. Sometimes referred to as Isy, which might cause confusion to people who haven't been around very long.
Summer Dale - A phone's auto-correction of "Summer Sale", which through some sort of internet voodoo produced an actual entity, a smooth voiced funk loving man who lives in a world where the 80s reign eternal and supreme. Also sometimes used to describe the upcoming Summer Sale itself.
Rainbow and/or Slash - Two forumers by the name of Rainbowdespair and slash000 who are notable for developing the third and fourth installments of the Penny Arcade: On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness series. Also developed Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World, two RPGs that, along with the Rainslick games, are available on Steam.

Also, sometimes shit gets real. Like that time we all murdered each other for bloodsport games. And there was a kabob conspiracy and a kind of Cthulhu bunny. @akajaybay took us down that particular rabbit hole.

Why are you people obsessed with Bad Rats and Amnesia?
A moment of ill-advised swagger from anoffday turned into a horrifying LP of Bad Rats which, because reasons, turned into over $6000 raised for Child's Play.
CorriganX raised over $1100 for Child's Play via Amnesia.

Classy Christmas We raised $5,315.84 for Child's Play in December 2016!
Previous Years
***If someone finds the 2015 total before I can dig it up, please PM me, @Mudzgut***
December 2014: $9,248
December 2013: $11,903

Fanda shared this with us:
For our Christmas fundraiser to restore TychoCelchuuu's threadmaking privileges (and help the kids), I donated to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. This week I received a nice letter from them! I figured I'd share part of it with y'all, since this applies to all of you at least as much as it does to me.
1tKH5n0.jpg

What is this Steamgifts site? I wish to create a giveaway! I cannot enter a giveaway!
Steamgifts is a neat site that lets people create giveaways for games on Steam. Points for entering giveaways are accumulated over time, so just wait a bit if you need points. Entry to giveaways can be limited by Steam group membership to prevent mooches from getting games.

How do I make one of those cool Steam Gifts signature giveaway banners?
sy4TZKS.jpg

What are all these bundles you people keep talking about?
In addition to Steam sales and sales of Steam keys on other sites and gifts, we live in a golden age of bundles! Bundle sites sell batches of games for modest amounts of money, often as low as a few dollars. Many, but not all, contribute to charity and many, but not all, give you Steam keys for the games. Sometimes you'll buy an indie gem that isn't even on Steam, and later when arrives on Steam you will get a key through the bundle site. Be careful if you plan to gift some of the games, as sometimes the bundled games will come in a single Steam key. We have a separate bundles thread.

I have too many games! Which do I play?
Steam Roulette randomly picks a game for you to play.

I have too many games! How do I move them to my new hard drive?
Steam Mover makes transporting your massive library much easier.

But wait! I have ALL OF THE GAMES installed! I need more space on my hard drive! wat i do?
You download Tikione Steam Cleaner and clean it up.
Steam Cleaner also available through GitHub!

Okay that helped. Now I have more room for stuff. Free stuff.
Isorn wrote:
Someone on a steam forum made a nice list of all free DLC you can add to your steam account if you have the base-game but that thread is currently not available so I figure I post it here. Since it is pretty easy to miss some of these.

The sale prices aren't right! What's going on?! Oh God, the darkness is closing in...
During the seasonal sales, you are one of a million monkeys hammering F5 at 10am PT to see the new sales. The system is always borked for 5-20 minutes. Take a deep breath. The Newell will deliver, and the new dailies will be available for 48 hours.

Why are some games not available in my region?
Publishers determine what countries get what games. Someone in a suit decided that it wasn't worth the money to make the game available to your region, so it isn't available on Steam. This also applies to cases of games having edited/censored versions showing up on Steam in certain countries. The good news is that you can generally get around this by having someone from another region gift or trade you the game.

Steam is downloading slowly. What gives?
You can head to Steam -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud and change your download region until things improve. Since other regions are typically less populated, you will probably get somewhat better results even if the new server is in another country.

VR - it's that new thing, you know, with the goggles and the doo-dads.
EvmaAlsar did a great write up about various VR game options on Steam. Check it out!

GALLERY OF EDITS
0DnSCxs.png
bD8gL2K.jpg
vJLurtW.jpg
iY7panG.jpg
bMIeuhI.png
aSk8AG9.jpg
aRGlP3q.jpg
9TMSa4K.jpg
PYjq4jb.jpg
PIB2a8t.jpg
jLuh0Pk.jpg
Q0oMnZf.jpg
WJCwEce.jpg
n6r4F.jpg
tMRzb.jpg
xHlDY.jpg
JG9rG.jpg
P9CBk.jpg
LHrXd.png
l4W8s.jpg
utsgVf8.jpg
OzUXXKz.png
t514P8g.jpg
2015-04-22-Bargain-Bane.jpg

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
Mudzgut on

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Okay peoples. It's that time.

During the charity drive, you [collective you, not just you, though you know who you are] went completely bonkers. Consequently, y'all get to go equally bonkers with my Steam profile.

Yep, once again everything is up for you [collective... see above] to change everything. Steam name, avatar, background, badges, showcases, whatever. Whatever it ends up being, it will stay that way for one month. Well... 30 days. I won't even cheat y'all by using February. :lol:

PM me any suggestions for things you want to change. Anything is fair game as long as it won't get me banned. After a few days, I'll take all the suggestions and start a bunch of polls just like last time.

Repost for the new thread! :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Mmm, new thread smell.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Mmm, new thread taste.

Think you meant this.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    You asked for it, so you got it! Time to start streaming Cuphead. Watch me bang my head against the wall here!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    You asked for it, so you got it! Time to start streaming Cuphead. Watch me bang my head against the wall here!

lv4udkq39xg9.jpg

Boo on Deus Ex losing! Boo I say! Your suffering will have to be the balm for my wounds...

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Hey, I might actually get in on the first page of a new Steam thread for a change!

Having a ton of fun watching BurkeBlack stream Sea of Thieves on Twitch.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Lunar Sale is supposed to happen in February. This feels too close to the Winter sale.

But if Nier Automata goes on sale I might have to pick it up. Although considering how it hasn't been on sale since November, I'm wondering whether Square Enix are ever going to discount this again.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    There's a bunch of $40+ games I keep telling myself I'll get when the next big sale hits, only when they do I end up only having enough for one, and then I talk myself into using that money to get a bunch of smaller games instead. I need to start making purchase decisions in terms of what I might actually get around to playing, and saving up for the big titles.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Karoz wrote: »

lv4udkq39xg9.jpg

Boo on Deus Ex losing! Boo I say! Your suffering will have to be the balm for my wounds...

Well, after 40 minutes of Cuphead I'm officially done. Not feeling that much pattern recognition these days. So....

...DUES EX is up next!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

During the charity drive, you [collective you, not just you, though you know who you are] went completely bonkers. Consequently, y'all get to go equally bonkers with my Steam profile.

Yep, once again everything is up for you [collective... see above] to change everything. Steam name, avatar, background, badges, showcases, whatever. Whatever it ends up being, it will stay that way for one month. Well... 30 days. I won't even cheat y'all by using February. :lol:

PM me any suggestions for things you want to change. Anything is fair game as long as it won't get me banned. After a few days, I'll take all the suggestions and start a bunch of polls just like last time.

Oh wait, this reminds me of something...
    I was planning to delay the suggestions for my own profile until next weekend at least, but since Pixie decided to begin accepting them for hers I think I will open the gates too.
    So send me a PM with your second worst/best ideas for my profile (save the first ones for Pixie's).
    Same rules as Pixie's with only the exception I mentioned during the charity drive: prior to the voting Pixie will be able to pick one of the available elements of my profile that can be customised and decide that one herself

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    @Pixelated Pixie you should get WonderGirl: The Dragon's Trap! It's gorgeous! Or really anyone else for that matter. It's got that switch back to retro graphics/music feature and what they've done with that game is nothing short of incredible. It's seriously one of the prettiest games I've ever played.

3AeApIO.jpg?1
    i1QTBD2.jpg?1

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Someone pointed out The Witness was on sale and it was good for puzzles.

For an alternate opinion: It's good for A puzzle repeated over and over with added complexity that makes you ignore the nifty looking world they build around it most of the time.

Look into it before you buy it and don't assume it's like Myst or something like a certain someone did trying to avoid spoilers about the puzzles...

Huh. Yeah, that WonderBoy/WonderGirl game looks cute as can be. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    I8K9Qnz.png

I approve of this sneakiness. :hydra:

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Someone pointed out The Witness was on sale and it was good for puzzles.

For an alternate opinion: It's good for A puzzle repeated over and over with added complexity that makes you ignore the nifty looking world they build around it most of the time.

Look into it before you buy it and don't assume it's like Myst or something like a certain someone did trying to avoid spoilers about the puzzles...

The Witness is a game written about how people view the world.
    That rather stands in stark contrast to ignoring the world.

Like, perhaps there's not a lot of story to it, and the story they attempt to attach to it in the mountain (last area) is rather blah.
    But as a piece of story-less art that explores how people see the world, I think it's pretty great.
    And the puzzles are pretty great too. Even if they're all 'draw the line to complete the maze' puzzles.
    They are just done so well, with new mechanics all the time.

It is a very very good game, even if it only has 'one puzzle'.

Anyway, playing Zombie Driver, and it just crashed with error -2147024865: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    Clearly I need to go and see whether they've attached errors to all the other possible integer values.

discrider on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The Witness is about things like this:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/screenshot/918040807621357962
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/screenshot/918040807621357148

Things that only appear because of the presence of the witness.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    And that stuff is neat!

And here's what you're looking at instead most of the time:

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2016/01/27/keep-7jpg-0d76b4_1280w.jpg&f=1

I think there's a reason the steam page doesn't show that. Or maybe I'm being cynical.

I should probably finish it, I suppose...

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Huh, new thread smell...

...needs more cat.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Huh, new thread smell...

...needs more cat.

/gets out spray bottle

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I'll let my friend Ittle speak for why I've learned to stay away from puzzle based games (The Talos Principle) that aren't interspersed with levity to break things up (Portal).
    886EB93AE04362E7853425342962344F4FA9FA3C

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I loved The Witness. It dug into my skull. Like to the point where I was writing down puzzles to solve them away from my computer. Taking screenshots into Photoshop to change color hues and edit them. I did not go back to solve the bonus puzzles after reaching the center of the mountain though.

That being said, if you do not like 'line maze' puzzles, then no, you won't like it. Which is a shame because the game really stretches all possibilities of the imagination as far as those puzzles go. It's a really beautiful game.

KoopahTroopah on
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I got about a third to halfway through The Witness and just gave up -- the puzzles are fine, but they always continued just a little bit too far down any particular avenue for my tastes. This time you need to look in mirrors to solve them? Okay, fine -- but when you end up having to look in a mirror reflected in another mirror while the first one is moving one way and I have to run the other way to catch the reflections at the right point, that's too many mirror-y puzzles. I felt like I'd proven to the game that "I get it" for a given sort of puzzle mechanic, and I just wanted to find the next area and see what was there.

Also, I kept on getting lost / tired of walking around the island itself to try and find the next bit. (heck, even with a walkthrough I got stuck trying to find my way to the next bit in a particularly awkward set of trees / sloped rocks where only some of them are traversable / something like that). It was very pretty, sure, but I just didn't have the persistence needed to slog through either the walking or the puzzling. (plus, I haven't played it for a while, so the chances of me remembering what the various different coloured squares mean are basically zero at this point).

(Hexcells and siblings are about as much puzzle logic as I can keep in my head for any extended duration, I guess)

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

lv4udkq39xg9.jpg

Well, after 40 minutes of Cuphead I'm officially done. Not feeling that much pattern recognition these days. So....

...DUES EX is up next!

Yeah I'm of the opinion that Cuphead is an extremely mediocre platform shooter carried by AMAZING art and music.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Kalnaur

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-25-ark-is-getting-a-minecraft-like-spin-off-and-its-heading-to-steam-and-xbox-early-access-soon

Also Jesus Christ these links are ridiculous. It was so much easier when it was just a code after "[site]/articles/"

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, at least I know what it is without needing to read it.

Also, Minecraft can get fucked.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @Kalnaur

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-25-ark-is-getting-a-minecraft-like-spin-off-and-its-heading-to-steam-and-xbox-early-access-soon

Also Jesus Christ these links are ridiculous. It was so much easier when it was just a code after "[site]/articles/"

There's a trailer:

https://youtu.be/Tnt6epYpLAs

I'd be curious about what other change are being made besides art style. One thing that put me off from trying ARK proper was what I kept hearing about the grindiness.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Also, Minecraft can get fucked.

Why?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean Notch is a total piece of shit but the game itself is still fun.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah I mean Notch is a total piece of shit but the game itself is still fun.

Notch isn't associated with it anymore. He doesn't get any more money from it. Microsoft buying it got it got it away from that shit head so we can play it without guilt.

Kalnaur

Here ya' go: "[site]/articles/"

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Notch pretty much just spends his days shitposting all day from atop a pile of cash. Like, the guy from PA's recent Tubethumping comic is basically Notch.

Minecraft is all Microsoft now, especially all of the obnoxious overfranchising of the property.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I'll let my friend Ittle speak for why I've learned to stay away from puzzle based games (The Talos Principle) that aren't interspersed with levity to break things up (Portal).

What game is that pic from?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    If I'm understanding this correctly, PixARK is more someone licensing the ARK engine (and name?) and doing "the minecraft stuff" with it versus the dev group who is making ARK doing yet-another early access thing. Is that correct?

76561197966849367.png
    signature.png

signature.png

Both open to PA G&T and regular PA Steam groups.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Notch pretty much just spends his days shitposting all day from atop a pile of cash. Like, the guy from PA's recent Tubethumping comic is basically Notch.

Minecraft is all Microsoft now, especially all of the obnoxious overfranchising of the property.

This is mainly why. Other things I don't like about it are small and possibly a bit petty. The game itself doesn't really appeal to me so I could ignore it like I do other games but it's fucking everywhere.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

What game is that pic from?

Ittle Dew. It's an adorable little gem, worth picking up.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Hey, thanks @Pixelated Pixie

camo_sig2-400.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    @Kalnaur

There's a trailer:

https://youtu.be/Tnt6epYpLAs

I'd be curious about what other change are being made besides art style. One thing that put me off from trying ARK proper was what I kept hearing about the grindiness.

Looks neat, but the best part of Minecraft is all the mods.

Will this game allow me to breed up a village of people after using an enchanted golden apple on a pair of zombies in order to have a human sacrifice in my flaming circle of hell runes in which I will summon an arch demon with the help of six witches I brought back to my home by capturing them in magical jars using magic sucked out of a hole in the fabric of the universe I found on mars after flying there in my rocketship which I fueled using the refined oil I got from the honeycomb of a specially bread species of bee?

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Apparently, it's made by SnailGames, which were the same people who were supposed to have made ArkPark, a VR only experience that was supposed to come out last June but still has a coming soon label on it with no further information on if it's dead or alive.

So by Wildcard standards, they're right on time. :rotate:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Sorry backlog team, Monster Hunter World has my in it's talons.

I'll finish Metro Last Light this weekend though at least!

This discussion has been closed.