As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's 2018 and the [State of the Union] is...

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    (He's a great welder, told that by the owner)

Since passed tax cuts, 3 million workers have already gotten Tax Cut bonuses, many thousands and thousands per worker, and continuing to grow.

Name drop Apple about 350B investment in America, hire 20k workers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Don't mention the 10s of thousands of people that lost jobs after the tax cut, though.

Just leave that part out.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Exxon-Mobil just announced 50Bil investment in the US.

Gonna try to slow down, I don't want to dominate this.

"This is our New American Moment. There has never been a better time to live the American dream. To every citizen watching tonight, no matter where you've been or where you come from, this is your time."

You can dream anything, you can be anything, and we can achieve anything.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Tonight, wanting to talk about what kind of future we will have, and nation we will be.

All of us together as one team, one people, one American family, can do anything.

We all share the same home, the same heart, the same destiny, and the same great American flag (WTF?)

• Options
    Together rediscovering the American Way.

In America, we know faith and family, not gov't and buracrecy is the heart.

"The motto is IN GOD WE TRUST." bad yell into the mic.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Thank you @Athenor for willing taking this WIS and INT savings throw.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Athenor wrote: »
    Tonight, wanting to talk about what kind of future we will have, and nation we will be.

All of us together as one team, one people, one American family, can do anything.

We all share the same home, the same heart, the same destiny, and the same great American flag (WTF?)

He's mentioning the flag, I assume, because of the kneeling in the NFL.

Because only true Americans stand up and salute the flag every single time.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I just want one denture slip, come on.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Melania is not buying this. Like, every picture of her, she’s got a “please get me out of Here” look.

She likes the kid sitting next to her, though, who started a program to place flags on the graves of veterans.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The standing applause every ten seconds is annoying as hell.

• Options
    We celebrate our Police, military, and veterans who should get our total and unwavering support.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hey, for those of us who can't watch cause of reasons.

I love you guys. Thanks Athenor.

Godspeed

• Options
    Trump, you're not even a Christian.

The pandering when you talk about how important faith is to you is blatant and ridiculous.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Public genuflecting is the entire point tho

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Paul Ryan does a "whoop de doo" finger twirl at the God comment, but pulls it at the last moment to make it look like he's trying to tell us where his god lives.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Talking about a kid who started an organization that places flags at veteran gravestones. Ahh, this is the kid next to Melania, I thought that was his kid!

• Options
    AutomautocratesAutomautocrates Registered User regular
    Well, that'd be the first time I ever hissed at my computer monitor.

And yes WaPo is running a live fact check
    Right Here.
    Cant say I care for the format but it's worth a gander.

The dictum that truth always triumphs over persecution is one of the pleasant falsehoods which men repeat after one another till they pass into commonplaces, but which all experience refutes.
    -John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Translation: Blood and soil.

• Options
    Young Patriots are teaching us about our civic duty.

"Reverence" for those who served.

Yeah. Talking about putting hands on hearts, and standing for the National Anthem.

• Options

That’s what happens at every State of the Union, though, regardless of who’s in power.

• Options
    I'm going to watch one of Obama's SOTU's after this to cleanse my goosing soul. And for science purposes.

The dictum that truth always triumphs over persecution is one of the pleasant falsehoods which men repeat after one another till they pass into commonplaces, but which all experience refutes.
    -John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    He seriously cannot let that NFL stuff go.

• Options
    The Troop can never fail, only be failed.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    NOW we get to the part about standing for the anthem.

Shut the fuck up, honestly.

America, land of the free (unless you want to actually want to have bodily autonomy)!

• Options
    They muted the mics a bit during that.

Americans deserve a government that shows the same love and loyalty in return.

Sought to restore the bonds of trust.

Working with the Senate, appointing judges who interpret the Constitution as written.

Talking about appointing judges, and how they've appointed the most ... missed the end staring at Gorsuch being stonefaced.

"Totally" defending Second Amendment, and protecting Religious Liberty.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Trump, you're not even a Christian.

The pandering when you talk about how important faith is to you is blatant and ridiculous.

the fact that evangelicals spent 8 years scrutinising obamas faith and basically saying he wasnt a true christian, yet Trump is embraced, tells you everything you need to know about evangelical faith in america

• Options
    Wonder what factors led to him being able to appoint all these judges... Hmm...

-John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Serving brave veterans, including giving them choice in health care (emphasis on Choice)

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Is there always so many standing applauses after every single statement, or is this just Congress critters pandering?

• Options
    Trump, as a Christian, I need to tell you something.

We don't need any help with defending religious liberty.

We rule and we always have. We don't need your help or support in this matter.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Thank you @Athenor for willing taking this WIS and INT savings throw.

Call of Cthulu, Sanity Check.

• Options
    Good God he loves applauding into the mic.

lady checking her iPhone. :)

Now talking about VA accountability act.

Since its passage, admin has removed 1,500 VA employees who failed to give veterans care they deserve, and hiring talented people who love our vets as much as we do.

• Options
    Talking about appointing judges, and how they've appointed the most ... missed the end staring at Gorsuch being stonefaced.

“... including an amazing Supreme Court Justice.”

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

Is there always so many standing applauses after every single statement, or is this just Congress critters pandering?

This is half of why I want to watch an old SOTU after. I dont want to pass judgement when the outright vitriol I have in my heart for this man might be tainting a normal happening.

-John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Will not stop until vets are properly taken care of, which has been promise since the very beginning of this great journey.

• Options
    All Americans deserve accountability and respect, and that's what we are giving our wonderful heroes, our veterans. (thank you)

Tonight, call on Congress to empower every Cabinet secretary to empower good employees, and remove public workers who fail the American people.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Alright, I made it half an hour, but I already have high blood pressure issues and this talking garbage fire isn't worth risking my health over. Every other sentence I have to stop myself from just raging at the screen.

Thank you in advance @Athenor if you can keep it up and continue transcribing.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Drive to make accountable, removed more regulations than any administration in the history of the country.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    "Remove government employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people"

Oh, uh. That's an ominous phrase, huh?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    We have ended the war on beautiful, clean coal.

This discussion has been closed.