As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Question time; I remember reading folks saying to keep extra EX pulls, so that they can be turned into more spheres or whatever in the EX+ era? Is that still something to consider if you end up with a spare EX?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Question time; I remember reading folks saying to keep extra EX pulls, so that they can be turned into more spheres or whatever in the EX+ era? Is that still something to consider if you end up with a spare EX?

JP hasn't yet had any real use for spare EX weapons. Only for mega whales.

There has been an announcement of some upcoming method of crafting additional spheres, but no details yet. Also, JP is due for a new tier of gacha powercreep this month. Either of those could involve some use for duplicate EXes.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    NVM 5 tickets from Greg LC Hardmode got me another Noctis 35cp and a Locke EX, so yeah we still luckyboi

• Options
    So uhh, YOLO 5k pull got me the Cloud EX that has been eluding me. Now I can pick up something else in the EX Shop once we get enough tokens. I'm thinking Onion, Bartz, or Tidus? I gotta research who would be the better long term investment. I guess the Cecils are an option too but I haven't really used them much.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    There is entirely too much content on right now

I need to get everyone 1800 Ramuh Points (69 characters left) then do the new chapter then do the Halloween MP

• Options
    So uhh, YOLO 5k pull got me the Cloud EX that has been eluding me. Now I can pick up something else in the EX Shop once we get enough tokens. I'm thinking Onion, Bartz, or Tidus? I gotta research who would be the better long term investment. I guess the Cecils are an option too but I haven't really used them much.

Onion will be decent when he gets his EX+, as it lets him Imperil Ice. Bartz and Tidus are not especially good.

Top protagonist picks for power level are probably Cloud and Yshtola. Noctis is great now, but will apparently be falling off for a while once Chaos arrives. Shantotto is another option that should be good soon with an EX+ upgrade.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    If you are specifically considering the early Chaos era, Cloud, WoL, Squall, Firion and Y'shtola are the protagonists that I can recall that get their EX+ relatively early on. Everyone else in the protagonist shop gets their EX+ far enough along that choosing them specifically for the purpose of early Chaos is silly.

Decil does get an awakening rework at the start of the Chaos era that makes him useful, but he lacks an EX+ and bosses start getting insane elemental immunities and absorption that will limit how useful he is.

Edit: Also Tidus. Tidus is scheduled to get his EX+ with Fang LC which will be the first Lost Chapter to feature a Chaos difficulty stage. I forgot about Tidus because of the boosted character shuffling in GL for the Fang event.

Xerink on
    PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    I get that playing the villain characters is something fans like, but boy howdy after what they do in some of the story chapters, I can't imagine why anyone would want them on the team.
    like, are you really going to call Kefka for help after everything he did in this chapter?

I mean, summon him and just stab him as he steps out of the portal, maybe.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I get that playing the villain characters is something fans like, but boy howdy after what they do in some of the story chapters, I can't imagine why anyone would want them on the team.
    like, are you really going to call Kefka for help after everything he did in this chapter?

I mean, summon him and just stab him as he steps out of the portal, maybe.

What did Golbez do that was so bad?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Some villain characters definitely fall more into the irredeemable evil archetype than others. Kuja, Golbez, and even to a lesser extent Sephiroth have been relatively benign as far as Opera Omnia's story has gone.

There are definitely others who fall on the pure evil end of the spectrum such as Kefka, but this is a goofy mobile game so I don't feel too bad for using the truly evil characters when they turn out to be useful.

Xerink on
  • Options
    Did Ramuh COSMOS with WoL, Vayne, Ramza in something like 25 turns with double the score requirement. That team is more OP than anything else I've ever fielded.

I need to get Locke on a team with Vayne, though; who would be a good third for that team? Stick with Ramza maybe?

• Options
    Ramza seems like he would be a solid third option to provide support. Neither Locke nor Vayne have generic buffs so they would fully benefit from everything Ramza provides. The only concern would be that Vayne would burn through Ramza's buffs faster than the others and might have to go without them in some cases.

• Options
    Yeah whenever I pair Vayne and Ramza I typically ramp up Galvanize much slower than I would in any other team, to keep Vayne happy.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Yeah whenever I pair Vayne and Ramza I typically ramp up Galvanize much slower than I would in any other team, to keep Vayne happy.

Do higher levels of Galvanize even do anything? I always slow roll it because it feels like a wasted turn.

I am going to try Locke, Vayne, and Noel once I have them all leveled up. With Bahamut. Give me all the break bonuses, om nom nom.

• Options
    3* buff from stacking Galvanize gives a better Brv++ vOv

• Options
    Maybe it's just the teams I'm using, but I use Ramza BRV++ approximately never, I'd rather be using that sweet no turn count HP+++

• Options
    Just got done getting at least 1800 Ramuh Points for all 105 characters

That's a nice stash of gems armor tokens and tickets

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Trying to decide whether to use my EX token for WoL or Tidus

WoL seems like the smart choice

But on the other hand, FFX...

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Stilts wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to use my EX token for WoL or Tidus

WoL seems like the smart choice

But on the other hand, FFX...

WoL EX should be back with the Garland event, which is pretty much right at the start of the Chaos era. JP had Tidus EX on the Fang LC, which was only a couple events after that. However, global featured Zell instead of Tidus on the first go for Fang, so we aren't sure what's going to happen for the LC.

So, things to think about. Who would you rather be hitting accidentally while you draw, Garland or Fang? Are you willing to take the risk that they don't run Tidus with Fang LC? Do you need either of them right this second? (WoL is perfectly fine up to Cosmos difficulty without EX, Tidus not so much)
    Garland is super good, and Fang is just sort of ok, even with EX+. Especially given that you seem to be all about FFX, I think all signs are pointing to taking Tidus now.

Fry on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yeah pulling in the WoL/Garland banner seems like the safest bet, since I skipped Garland’s first banner and already have all WoL’s 15 and 35 CP weapons

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Raid is up, good luck on your free draws.

Got power stones 15s for Ace and Serah, and Ace EX. Nice!

• Options
    Ace has been kicking ass for me this week, and I haven't even mastered his 15 or 35, he should do you well.

• Options
    Free pull only got me 1 gold, but it was Serah's EX, so I guess I got to try her out now! :)

Also, how does EX+ work when it comes around? I think it was mentioned earlier, but I just wanted to make sure. Its that you turn in a MLBed EX weapon for that character and you get their EX+? Or is it another banner type thing you need to roll on?
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yeah pulling in the WoL/Garland banner seems like the safest bet, since I skipped Garland’s first banner and already have all WoL’s 15 and 35 CP weapons

...Did I miss Garland? Or are you thinking Golbez?

Final question, does there ever get any easier way to farm summon boards or is you just need to wait for them to get a EXP x2 time, and go back to get any summon boards you missed?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Free pull got me Aerith EX

Noice

• Options
    Also, how does EX+ work when it comes around? I think it was mentioned earlier, but I just wanted to make sure. Its that you turn in a MLBed EX weapon for that character and you get their EX+? Or is it another banner type thing you need to roll on?

Final question, does there ever get any easier way to farm summon boards or is you just need to wait for them to get a EXP x2 time, and go back to get any summon boards you missed?

Summon boards: yes, the main thing is to wait for a character to come up for 2x XP. JP got a feature (which is still several months in the future for us, unless we get it early) where doing one of the Ultimate fights also grants a small amount of "wild" points, which can be used on that summon's board for any character. It's not enough to be the primary way to get people's boards completed, but it'll help with ungeared characters that you don't want to drag through the fight.

EX+: There's a new material called "Book of Destruction". One Book of Destruction will convert one MLB EX weapon into its 0/3 EX+ form. From there, you need one "Adamantite Ingot" for each limit break on the EX+ weapon.

Books of Destruction can be acquired through Chaos difficulty fights. They're also available for 200 G-tokens on any banner. There are also smaller "Pages of Destruction" that can be assembled into Books of Destruction, I think they are available from Chaos fights and on choco boards.

When you use a Book of Destruction, one Adamantite Ingot pops out (so you could immediately take that weapon to 1/3, if you wanted). Adamantite Ingots are also available from Chaos fights. There are also smaller "Adamantite Nuggets" that assemble into Adamantite Ingots, the nuggets are available from Chaos fights and from choco boards.

• Options
    So the theory being with extra EX weapons is you could also MLB them, hit them with a Book, and get an Ingot out of that for pumping up some other EX+. Turning extra Books into Ingots, as it were. That does sound pretty whale-y since you'd be burning a lot of extra power stones.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Rius wrote: »
    So the theory being with extra EX weapons is you could also MLB them, hit them with a Book, and get an Ingot out of that for pumping up some other EX+. Turning extra Books into Ingots, as it were. That does sound pretty whale-y since you'd be burning a lot of extra power stones.

Right. Books themselves are a fairly scarce resource. For non-whales, you might as well use your "extra" books on an EX for some other character, rather than on a duplicate EX. Whales could theoretically spend money to buy books with G-tokens (and get a bunch of extra power stones in the process) but that seems crazy even from a whale mindset.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I expect the next community stream will cover EX+ as we are due to start that era next month beginning with the next awakening wave. The first month of EX+ weapons will include (might not be comprehensive): Cloud, Vincent, Tidus, Fang, Garland, WoL, Ace, Deuce, Squall, Ultimecia, Zell, and Krile.

While there are rumblings about what will happen with Fang LC the safest bet to make is that Tidus will replace Zell as boosted and receive his EX+ in order to get us back on the correct timeline. There is also the fact that Zell is scheduled to get his rework/EX+ with Brothers Ultimate shortly thereafter so it makes sense to switch them back.

In other news, my free pull on last night's banner got me Ace EX. This was the only EX I really wanted since I've sworn off pulling for cursed artifact characters, so that was a pretty solid win for me.

Edit: I incorrectly said Golbez was on the list for EX+ next month when I meant Garland.

Xerink on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Did I miss reading the purpose of these "dark" versions of weapons I've been getting from Chapter 5.8? Do they have a specific purpose?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    The Manikin weapons, as I think the term being use dfor them, is to do a couple of things: give players a potentially strong alternative weapon to use for protagonist characters, or a cheap passive that improves protagonist damage. These weapons only have a max cp of 30, but they have the stats of an EX weapon otherwise. In addition, the weapon passive is a 5cp bonus to a character's skills if you equip it.

I am just hoarding them for now myself because I don't have enough power stones to invest in a small passive boost right now and most of my protagonist characters have their EX weapon.

• Options
    Decided I'd throw some tickets at the Ace/Serah/Aeris banner, since it still has two good EXes I don't have. 32 tickets, zero 5* items. Next ticket, Serah EX pops out.

My monkey brain is trying real hard to make a connection there.

• Options
    I token'd for Noctis; boy there's a lot going on under the hood here.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Ok so I've been playing around on Blackened Will COSMOS with Locke and he works really well with Ramza + WoL. There's enough incidental AoE healing to go around, Ramza has free turns, Locke has free turns and turn manipulation, WoL keeps things focused on him so Locke can go to town, etc. And it's nice and flexible for other fights, because of the two off-healers; you can swap in Serah if you need poisons, Yuna if you need AoE, anybody with some strong auras and regen to help Locke hit his HP+ overflows. Selphie works in here too, though that's a lot of healing and Locke won't have room for the +100% initial brave buff because he'll have six framed buffs. First world problems.

But Selphie ought to be paired with slower EX characters, ones without any healing. And ones that don't give out lots of buffs, because she gives herself five. On my roster, that narrows it down to...

Rydia (Slow): but Selphie doesn't really attack, ever.
    Squall (Slow): a classic pairing. He needs all the mBrv he can get and Selphie's got a total aura of 60%. His EX sucks though.
    Vayne (Slow): his plentiful free turns would run him out Aura, but he'd work real well with the regen. Rydia becomes much better here.
    Vivi (Slow): this would be really great except Selphie's gonna hand out too many buffs. Vivi will probably lose his self +100% ATK unframed buff. Ouch.
    Rinoa (Slow -):now we're talking. Especially since Rinoa uses HP attacks instead of abilities to charge her EX.
    Terra (Slow): eh, this EX.
    Yuna (Slow): meh. Yuna's weak +atk party buff will knock off one of Selphie's self-buffs. Yuna doesn't really need EX recast speed.
    Noctis (Slow): hey, why not? no downsides here, no buff loss.

So there's some good options there. In a double boss fight, Squall + Rinoa would be really cool, and hey it's a full FF8 team. In a single target fight, Noctis + Terra gain a lot of benefits. Alternatively, could run Vayne + Rydia; nobody's handing out ATK buffs for Vayne but hitting weakness is pretty much the same thing.

Edit: boo, Rydia's Enchant Water buff only lasts 6 turns. That's not really long enough for a COSMOS fight for Vayne. Umm... yeah maybe just Selphie + Squall + Rinoa on AoE fights.

---

Porom + Noctis is real good; Porom is a pro battery-er and Noctis can set up gigantic launches.

Rius on
  • Options
    In general, while it didn't take me much to get Selphie's EX, I regret pushing her to 70/70 with Bloom. I did that on impulse, and Porom seems much better than her unless you specifically need the niche of partial debuff avoidance and massive +iBRV.

My other blooms so far are WoL, Yuna, and Locke. Yuna probably wasn't necessary but I don't regret WoL and Locke at all.

I'd like to bloom for Noctis next, and I'm not sure from there. Probably wait for the EX+ era, see who I'm going to pump up further.

• Options
    I'm surprised you're using WoL for blackened will, since that fight mostly disregards the best things about WoL (Shields).

Beginner Noctis tip: you want to use his EX as soon as it's up, and then never again unless you need to save the armiger buff from falling off. I don't think Selphie is a good partner for him.

... For now, anyway. At EX+ the attack becomes good enough to actually want to use.

• Options
    I didn't get my initial mastery with WoL, I just wanted a COSMOS-level fight to test the party in. And I guess that makes sense about Noctis, though it seems counterintuitive. Big flashy EX!

• Options
    The problem with Noctis's EX is that it was one of the first ones ever made, so it suffers from a lack of BRV overflow. If you pair him with someone like Serah or Aerith, they can help him hit harder when using his EX, but he is still more likely to do more damage with his HP++.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I did a pull and burned a handful of tickets because I guess I'm a sucker for XI? I dunno. All I got for my hubris was 4 Lion 15s, 2 Aphmau 15s, an off-banner Sabin 15 (two fist users headlining this banner but nooo get Sabin instead), and Lion 35 which I guess is my big prize for the day.

I'm still waffling on my EX pick. Coming around to either Tidus or Pecil. But I seldom use either so still not sure which I should go for.

e: I talked myself into tossing another 10 tickets, and I got two more Lion 15s in the first 8. Then Lion EX on the 9th so I'm going to shut up now and start working on this new project. Yay!

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    I definitely have decision paralysis on which EX to get. I think I've narrowed it down to Cloud, Squall, Noctis, or Bartz's EX, but still unsure.

Took waaaay more tickets (120) and gems (30k) than I was hoping, but I did get Relm's EX, so I'm definitely gonna lie low on the pulling for awhile.

I bumbled my way through COSMOS's Blackened Will, with Porom, Locke, and Serah (since I had her EX and she was boosted), but it took a lot of turns (102 to be exact), not sure if I want to go back there to try again. Did the co-op once with Locke, but it was also a slog. Should probably host one to get that out of the way, but ugh.

• Options
    Porom is so good. 20k incoming damage? No I think that will be 5k, thank you very much. And I'll just heal that away and battery the party for a total of 40k while I'm doing it. And deal 40k damage.

She breaks the rules almost as hard as WoL does.