As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    livestream news:

Tonight - Leon LC

Nov 1 - Sherlotta new character event

Nov 6 - QoL improvements
    - WoI weapons added to power token exchange (e.g. Cloud's dispel)
    - free +100 storage (gear, artifacts, etc)
    - summon board "auto" button - fills out character board automatically, rather than a bajillion taps

Nov 6 - EX+ Weapons begin to arrive - "Realization"
    - HG+ Armor also

Nov 6 - Enhance Campaign
    - at least two weapon and armor books given away, plus some additional materials

Nov 7 - Level 70 Awakening Batch 4
    - Seifer, Cloud, Garnet, Vincent, DK Cecil, Yang
    - Cloud EX+ available, (implied) Vincent EX+ available
    - Garnet Costume available

Nov 7 - Heretic Quests - Encountering the Furnacekeepers
    - Including Solo-only CHAOS quest

Nov 11 - Fang LC

Nov 14 - Garland new character event
    - Garland costume (GL first?!)

Nov 18 - WoI Ultimate: Leviathan
    - Featured Characters: Krile, Kefka, Tifa, Laguna, Zell, Shantotto

Nov 25 - Deuce LC

Nov 28 - Secret new character event (Ultimecia)

next stream on Nov 25; promise of at least one more thing happening at the end of Nov, to be announced on that stream

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    And here I was feeling a bit of relief with catching up on all events.....

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Compared to October, November is a much more quiet schedule especially for the first half. The Chaos-difficulty events will be present for everything after Sherlotta going forward, including LCs.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    I guess new weapon tier or two announced today? LD and BT (Burst) types. In terms of max CP, it's EX (80), LD (100), EX+ (110), BT (130).

Also permanent EX weapon shop.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Looks like they'll be almost impossible to get too, lol.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    You can pity pull a Burst for a measly 500 G Tokens, yeah ok haha.

It sounds like you can also upgrade an LD to a Burst weapon, but also can just outright pull the Burst and avoid the upgrading mess? I'm so confused.

Burst sounds like it's a one time use thing but it basically is like a self-summon mode, where you get like 6 consecutive attacks with ridiculous damage and stuff. I shudder to think of what kind of content will require these.

Edit: so you get 1 use of your skills in Burst Mode, so the idea is you do one of each move and then end with a super burst attack. Squall in the video activates Burst, then does turn 1 HP+, turn 2 Solid Barrel, turn 3 Renzo, turn 4 EX, turn 5 LD, and finishes off with Burst on turn 6.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Wait, are these weapons coming at the same time we're getting the EX+'s too? Or what is the timetable for these?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    This is for Japan, so Global is what, about 8 or 9 months lag? We're probably looking at July/August 2020 before we get this.

• Options
    Oh, ok. You had me really confused there. I had thought it was bizarre that they'd introduce two levels of weapons at the same time. :rotate:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
  • Options
    To be clear for those coming into this thread, the Global version of the game is getting EX weapon Realization (colloquially known as EX+) next week with the next maintenance. This is also coming with a new awakening wave and the introduction of the next combat difficulty, Chaos.

In Japan, their version of the game is about to get two new weapon types: Limited (LD) which will provide a character with a new ability with a limited number of uses (the known example is Squall acquiring Rough Divide with supposedly 3 uses), and Burst. Burst weapons will be very rare, limited to main series protagonists and antagonists, and only one Burst ability can be used per encounter. From the way they have been detailed so far, a Burst weapon will be a damage window where the character deals a lot of damage and then enters a "Burst" state for a few turns. These weapon types are not being accompanied with a new combat difficulty right away and EX weapons are being made easier to obtain.

• Options
    I'm messing around doing Aphmau's summon boards. I have her on a team with WoL.

WoL is getting 18k BRV Regen per turn. It's real silly.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Sherlotta tomorrow hype

I've saved up to emergency pity her if needed

Then I will still have 75k for Ultimecia at the end of the month

• Options
    Sherlotta, a story in 4 pulls:

1: Rydia 35, Sherlotta 15
    2: Seymour 15, Rydua 35, Sherlotta 35
    3: Sherlotta 35
    4: Sherlotta EX, Seymour 15

No need to pity pull, yay!

Good luck to those pulling!

• Options
    5k gems: Sherlotta 15 35 and EX

And there I was ready to pity

• Options
    It's weird that Sherlotta's weapons and armor are all ribbons.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Sherlotta is kind of utterly broken

Battery for days, nothing she does takes any turn counts, heals, debuffs, gravitys enemy brv and increases party hp overflow by 20%

More than worthy of the hype

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I'm already loaded up with supports (Aerith, Porom, Ramza, Serah, Ysh'tola, Selphie), should I be trying to get Sherlotta at all? All I've pulled so far is three copies of her 15.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I'm already loaded up with supports (Aerith, Porom, Ramza, Serah, Ysh'tola, Selphie), should I be trying to get Sherlotta at all? All I've pulled so far is three copies of her 15.

That seems like a pretty healthy roster if you have EXes for all of those. I wouldn't feel obligated in that position.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I initially budgeted 200 tickets, but I was feeling salty and pushed on towards my hard stop limit of 300 tickets. Got Sherlotta's EX on ticket 295.

Picked up five off banner 15s along the way. :/ Only 24 golds in total, well worse than average. Guess that makes up for some of the good luck I had on other recent chases.

Fry on
  • Options
    Man, I just don't have the patience to keep using single tickets that long, about about 50 or so I get bored and give up and come back to it later if its a character I really like. Sherlotta just does not have any appeal for me.

• Options
    if its a character I really like. Sherlotta just does not have any appeal for me.

I haven't played her home game, but I liked her a lot in World of Final Fantasy. Also, she seems like one of the more synergetic supports to go with Garland who is one of my favorite villains.

Otherwise, yeah, I would not have gone nearly so hard.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    if its a character I really like. Sherlotta just does not have any appeal for me.

I haven't played her home game, but I liked her a lot in World of Final Fantasy. Also, she seems like one of the more synergetic supports to go with Garland who is one of my favorite villains.

Otherwise, yeah, I would not have gone nearly so hard.

Ah, never played WoFF, though I do have it on my steam wishlist, I dunno if I'm ever gonna work through my backlog to get to it.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Somehow I can never get the EX of the characters I tryhard for, but I got back-to-back Leon and Sharlotta EX's, so I've been using both of them. Sherlotta is pretty insane. Heals, group damage, takes seventeen turns in a row, it's crazy.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Alright so, I still have decision paralysis on which EX to get, I think I've narrowed it down to either Bartz or Noctis. I don't have strong feelings for either character. I assume that Noctis' EX has more longevity 'cause being the main character in a more recent game, but I wanted to make sure. Does anyone know what their EX+s look like powerwise?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I don't remember hearing much hype for Bartz EX+. Bartz is not good at the moment. Noctis is great right now, but supposedly he's too weak for Chaos fights until he gets his EX+, which is several months further out than Bartz.

(Bartz EX+ with Brothers in Jan, Noctis EX+ with Act 2 Chapter 8 in Apr)

Fry on
  • Options
    To agree with Fry: Noctis is a strong character right now and works great for Cosmos content, but he will fall off hard in Chaos battles. He just does not have the Attack to keep up with enemy defenses.

Bartz, on the other hand, has fallen pretty far behind. He is still solid in some areas thanks to nice party auras and BRV battery, but he doesn't do much damage on his own. He will get another mini-rework with his EX+ when that arrives that will make him more usable but he is not very hyped.

• Options
    I'm kinda surprised that the EX+ stuff didn't come with a banner for the associated weapons? Or is that still coming?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm kinda surprised that the EX+ stuff didn't come with a banner for the associated weapons? Or is that still coming?

Awakening batch 4 should be dropping tonight, with banners for those six characters, including EXes for Cloud, Vincent, Garnet, and Dark Cecil.

Was expecting a punny new thread title. Maybe something like "Realization: You mean I can just Meteorain twice?!"

Fry on
  • Options
    I've been lax at thread titles but lemme do one real quick

• Options
    As Fry said, expect the banners tonight. Vincent's EX will be Realizable, Decil is getting a rework, and Garnet (along with Seifer and Yang) is just getting her 70 awakening.

Don't rush into Realizing every weapon possible. The materials will be rare enough that you have to pick and choose, and in the next week we will be getting weapon Realization for Tidus, Fang, WoL and Garland.

• Options
    Cloud is the safe choice

• Options
    Cloud's WoI weapon is not a bad thing to eventually pick up, right? Not critical, but could be handy in some circumstances?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Xerink wrote: »
    As Fry said, expect the banners tonight. Vincent's EX will be Realizable, Decil is getting a rework, and Garnet (along with Seifer and Yang) is just getting her 70 awakening.

Don't rush into Realizing every weapon possible. The materials will be rare enough that you have to pick and choose, and in the next week we will be getting weapon Realization for Tidus, Fang, WoL and Garland.

I’ve heard that the materials for it are locked behind Chaos difficulty fights. Is that accurate? Cuz if so, uh, I’m gonna be in trouble.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Cloud's WoI weapon is not a bad thing to eventually pick up, right? Not critical, but could be handy in some circumstances?

it dispels a buff when you crit

so his BRV+, HP+ and EX(+) as well as his main abilities will all dispel when the target is broken since you always crit a broken target

it's extremely useful

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Stilts wrote: »
    Xerink wrote: »

I’ve heard that the materials for it are locked behind Chaos difficulty fights. Is that accurate? Cuz if so, uh, I’m gonna be in trouble.

You get two weapon books just for logging in today (if you have set up data backup, which you should), and we're expecting new chocobo panels arriving tonight that will have...some quantity of materials. So that'll get you started. Also, 200 G tokens on a single banner can be exchanged for a book, so if you hit the EX you're chasing just before the pity cutoff, you can get a book that way.

But yeah, there will be some materials attached to Chaos difficulty fights (1/4 of a weapon ingot per fight, if we get the same as JP). You'll want to figure out a way to get where you can clear those fights.

Fry on
  • Options
    RNGesus H Christ, I just got a 5/11 pull on the Garnet/DK Cecil banner, lol. Two of Seifer's 15CP, and one each of DK Cecil's 15/35/EX.

All power stones. What the hell, lol.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Used 50 tickets and ended up with a couple power stones, 3xYang's 15 because of course, and Vincent's EX, so I suppose I could pull him out of mothballs, since I'll need him for the chocobo boards anyway. Realized Cloud's weapon and armor, probably going to do the same for WoL because I can't see him ever not being useful. I've been avoiding the COSMOS battles because they seemed hard and I'm not patient, but I guess I have no choice now.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    My Cloud is 3/3 EX+ with fully realised armor

Used a couple of armor tomes on WoL and Sherlotta

I am perfectly prepared for CHAOS

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Used more gems than I probably should have, but finally got Garnet's EX (also may have bought her costume for... reasons, I have a soft spot for FF9), and have 200 pity coins, which I guess I can use on those new + token things. I also got waaaaay too many copies of Seifer's weapons. It was ridiculous. I think I got like 5 copies of his 35. :bigfrown:

Then, with all this talk of Cloud, figured I'd use some tickets (since I got no gems left) on the Cloud/Vincent banner. Only 30ish tickets later, got his EX, so spent an inordinate amount of power stones trying to bring him up to speed (I had his 35, but I think I only had his 15 cp weapon MLBed), so now I have his EX "realized" (what a strange term to use) but no LBs yet. Now, to level Cloud to 70, and start grinding out summon boards with him/Garnet/not sure maybe Vincent or Dark Cecil?