Options

[Monster Hunter] world released. Suddenly one of the popular kids.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly the 4u version of that was a lot lot worse.

eh, caraveneers challenge wasn't bad, rajang kills the zinogre for you because he's such a spammy boi, and then you finish him off and kill the shaggy np np.

i haven't come close to this one because i don't really care about pigments here and there are just so many crummy optionals.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Finally downed Teostra. Feels like such a fuck you fight to melee. Ended up using Legiana SnS and a bunch of fire resist to do it and still chewed through a ton of items.

What are everyone’s preferred camera settings for melee? I can’t seem to get it right and I just end up staring at nothing most fights.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Anyone bother with those might or defense pills? They don't seem to last very long at all.

Regular Demon and Armor Drugs also last until you faint. It's specifically the pills that are very short-term boosts.

admanb on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Yeah I use the drinks on pretty much every hunt. Every little bit helps.

I do like the idea of popping a massive damage pill before waking up something like Nerg. Anything to shorten that last bit in the lair.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2018
    Weakness Exploit decoration get! That frees up a lot of options for me. :D

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Exploit Weakness is so easy to get though, feels like a waste to use a charm for it

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I have found me a Non-Elemental Boost decoration and I am going to have a party

Got that, my handicraft gem, and some earplugs, we gonna see what we can do

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Exploit Weakness is so easy to get though, feels like a waste to use a charm for it
    Decoration, not Charm. I can now slot all three points with the Eyepatch if I want! :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Made eyepatch, upped attack charm, and made a negal lance and belt.

Need more

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Currently running Handicraft 5, Earplugs 5, Evade Distance 3, Evade iFrames 2, Non-Elemental, and then 2 points of Flinch Free because I have nothing better at the moment.

I would love to be able to have both Weakness Exploit 3 and Earplugs 5 somehow.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do very much want earplugs for a hammer build if only because roars disengage your overcharge.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Heads up. To unlock the commission armor set, as well the final upgrade on the handicraft necklace, you need a drop that only drops on the final non-tempered optional quest.

It's Legi, Bleed Dog, Diablos, and Rathalos in the Special Arena with a 25min time limit.

Just an FYI, you don't need to finish all 1-8 star quests to do this quest if you want to make the gear. You can just join SOSes. However, if you wanna unlock rainbow pigment, you do have to complete all other quests and post the quest yourself.

Rainbow pigment is also kinda muted this time around (dark colors). No super glowy rainbow colors like previous games.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    Heads up. To unlock the commission armor set, as well the final upgrade on the handicraft necklace, you need a drop that only drops on the final non-tempered optional quest.

It's Legi, Bleed Dog, Diablos, and Rathalos in the Special Arena with a 25min time limit.

Just an FYI, you don't need to finish all 1-8 star quests to do this quest if you want to make the gear. You can just join SOSes. However, if you wanna unlock rainbow pigment, you do have to complete all other quests and post the quest yourself.

Rainbow pigment is also kinda muted this time around (dark colors). No super glowy rainbow colors like previous games.

I still like rainbow, Especially with the nergy set since a lot of its pieces change color.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Ok. Nerg lance with its big blue bar helped me get time down to 11:15 for a nerg run.

• Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Roll credits. 90ish hours with lots of silly bullshit grinding just for fashion.

Now on to the real paper doll dress up.

Edit: Jesus y’all weren’t kidding about this credit sequence being eternal and unskippable.

Croaker on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Got to 49, one-shot tempered Kirin, solo, with 2 carts. IG is life.

What do I do with Gleaming Streamstones? And the rest of the streamsrones? I haven’t been using them.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    Roll credits. 90ish hours with lots of silly bullshit grinding just for fashion.

Now on to the real paper doll dress up.

Edit: Jesus y’all weren’t kidding about this credit sequence being eternal and unskippable.

I quit for the night right after the end credits and when I started up the next morning it had downloaded the patch.

Which made the game restart.

Which set me back to right before the credits sequence.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

What do I do with Gleaming Streamstones? And the rest of the streamsrones? I haven’t been using them.

Melder can take them to reroll decorations.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Melder can take them to reroll decorations.
    Also use them to Augment your armor after you get your first Warrior/Hero's Streamstone and unlock the Augment option.

In general, Streamstones (Shards, regular, and Gleaming) are used as component parts for Augmenting both Weapons and Armor.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    One of the streamstones is also used in breaking the level cap for armor, I think it gives like another 7 upgrade levels or so.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    "Mick Jagras" is a good joke.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    "Mick Jagras" is a good joke.

I liked Vaal Halitosis.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It sounds like this might suck less than following an electric pony around for an hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS3-z_WBqgM

I haven't broke 49 yet so I can't say.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    . . .are they joking with this Tempered Kirin fight?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »

No. Go in prepared, it's not that much worse than HR.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Its official.

Diablos and Black Diabolos missions are the worst.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Its official.

They would not stay apart. Which... makes sense considering.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Its official.

They would not stay apart. Which... makes sense considering.
    Not even dung flying everywhere can tear true love apart.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Woo, Teostra down on the first try! Carted twice, but I won. Not sure if it was because I used the Nergi CB (not the last one, but the first one you make) and Elder Seal was helping or what. Fun fight! Couple of BS hits, but that's MH I guess!

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

I had 40 Thunder defense and Thundermantle. . .was still getting half HP shaved off with some of those bullshit lightning strikes. It's as dumb a fight as it was in the normal mode.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    My first tempered investigation was a 15 minute, 2 cart, Rotten Vale Flesh Wolf, and Beetlejuice showed up every single run. I ran it three times in a row it was so fun. Scheming how to maximize my early damage to keep him from running deeper into the effluvia and all those Girrios, wing drakes, and great Girrios. Getting enough dung pods on bagel grease to save the 30-60 seconds he normally invades for but having to work to avoid hitting Odagaron. Keeping enough trap materials on me to keep the dps up but saving enough to cap him and save those few minutes fight after he sleeps. Screwing that up and realizing I could use my Kitties trap to secure the cap. Just a helluva lot of fun.

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

I had 40 Thunder defense and Thundermantle. . .was still getting half HP shaved off with some of those bullshit lightning strikes. It's as dumb a fight as it was in the normal mode.

Honestly ED, your MH posts really make you sound like someone trapped in a toxic relationship. Are you okay man? (This isn't snark, btw, you're just starting to worry me.)

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Kirin seems really random at first, but like all the other monsters actually has patterns to the lightning and where they can strike. I wouldn't say anything is cheap or bullshit.... but you do have to play it a little safe, never get caught in long animations, and play a bit more hit and run which can make the fight long and not fun, depending on your weapon.

• Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Kirin seems really random at first, but like all the other monsters actually has patterns to the lightning and where they can strike. I wouldn't say anything is cheap or bullshit.... but you do have to play it a little safe, never get caught in long animations, and play a bit more hit and run which can make the fight long and not fun, depending on your weapon.

The most important thing is to be able to reliably poke the horn. It's definitely a fight where weapons can fare very differently. Anything with a good overhead swing will do fine, though. Maybe not GS due to charge time and Kirin prancing around a bunch. Bow isn't recommended, bowguns should be focused on normal ammo (or flaming, rapid fire flaming hurts it a lot I hear). I wouldn't want to try duals on it, but SnS's backhop combos should be fine. Just about everything else has a clean overhead swing combo to use on it (or for hammer, the level 2 charge uppercut is, as always, a solid choice for sniping heads).

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Diablos and Black Blos have the raddest turf war

Maddoc on
  • Options
    They're actually really easy with bow - the wings are a giant weak point for unloading charge 3>power shot into. Legia bow lands like 200 damage from that each time, and it's fairly safe to set up.

• Options
    biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    oh

hey

that rng

igm2b0hm9v32.jpg

hell ya

You shit head. I’ve still haven’t got a handicraft deco yet.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    4 melee vs Kirin is amusing as everyone trips up everyone else all trying to smack his head.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Got the death stench heel beta tonight. Now I am rocking handicraft 4, razor sharp, guard 3, flinch free 3 and blight resistance 3. Along with some other random shit from decorations I slotted just to slot.

Pretty good setup for everything except the weapons that don't upgrade white.

Guard is on the charm so I could very easily put in the evade charm and get some evade for something other than lance.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm