Options

[Monster Hunter] world released. Suddenly one of the popular kids.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    MHW is really about the poogie.

Every weapon you make, every monster life you take, he'll be watching you.
    poogiebase.jpg

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I also find it very satisfying to move a monster from the "oh god how do I even?" part to farm status. The only thing I am kind of getting disenchanted with a little is the grind for monster gems or plates. It's pretty low percentage it feels like and it's kind of irritating. We'll see how that goes.
    One thing that really helps is the various Tickets that you get from completing the Limited Bounties. By completing all of the bounties, you get a Gold Ticket, which can be exchanged for any Gem that you are looking for. This allows you a guaranteed way of getting a Gem instead of relying on RNG.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Preacher wrote: »
    I like the hammer I really do, but the problem I have with it is in groups I get tripped a ton and lose my stored charge, on top of that I've screwed up other peoples combos as well. Probably going to go duals for groups.

The real question is I can modify my diablos clubs one time currently. Do I up the attack by 7 boosting their already max attack, or do I up the affinity and cut out their negative -10% affinity... QUESTIONS!!

I've been thinking about this, even though I'm as-of-yet not able to augment my hammer

I think when the time comes I'm going to go for the decoration slot. Put both augments in there and I could slot a non-elemental boost and affinity slide on it, simultaneously. PLease and thank you.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    So, over this weekend, I think the game wants me to go Dual Blades. I got a Hero's Streamstone for Blades and Polish Protection decoration, which both dropped from the same Vaal Hazak investigation.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I like the hammer I really do, but the problem I have with it is in groups I get tripped a ton and lose my stored charge, on top of that I've screwed up other peoples combos as well. Probably going to go duals for groups.

The real question is I can modify my diablos clubs one time currently. Do I up the attack by 7 boosting their already max attack, or do I up the affinity and cut out their negative -10% affinity... QUESTIONS!!

I've been thinking about this, even though I'm as-of-yet not able to augment my hammer

I think when the time comes I'm going to go for the decoration slot. Put both augments in there and I could slot a non-elemental boost and affinity slide on it, simultaneously. PLease and thank you.

I went damage boost on hammer, while the idea of adding another level 2 deco slot on my diablos is nice, the damage boost seems like it would be super awesome sauce to pass up.

Also for anyone having issue with diablos, I'd recommend taking the time and farming up the dual set fire and Ice. Blast and Ice fucking wreck both diablos and duals despite being death of a thousand cuts, give you so much mobility against blos's that you can administer those cuts with rapid fire precision.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://kotaku.com/look-at-this-monster-hunter-statue-1823142791

Cool looking statue for a monster not in world... Also bad hunters using lightning weapons against a lightning creature!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Cool looking statue for a monster not in world... Also bad hunters using lightning weapons against a lightning creature!
    If only Zinogre was in the game... I'd love to see a Turf War between Zinogre and Tobi Kadachi. :)

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    anything without range against diablos and i get turned into paste because his charge hitbox is the size of the entire planet if you're underneath him.

think i might give hammer a try tonight. i got that silly hammer augment so i'll cook up a nergi hammer and see where the night takes me, i haven't played one at all since 3 where i hated it because the range felt ridiculous, but maybe it'll be better now. IG feels good i just think the standard y combos need to do a bit more damage to really get there. Also all the aerial play being a bit of a trap is a bummer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

If only Zinorgre was in the game... I'd love to see a Turf War between Zinogre and Tobi Kadachi. :)

Or a turf love.

"Oh oh god no this is, noooooo"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

If only Zinorgre was in the game... I'd love to see a Turf War between Zinogre and Tobi Kadachi. :)

Or a turf love.

"Oh oh god no this is, noooooo"
    Inter. Species. Erotica.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Don't look up Rule 34 for Monster Hunter. Just don't.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    if i was a betting man, i'd put zinogre right after deviljho on the list of monsters to come out. zinogre is insanely popular in japan.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

I appreciate the concern but I've been around the internet a time or two

I'm pretty sure I can handle pictures of the hunter making out with the handler

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I also find it very satisfying to move a monster from the "oh god how do I even?" part to farm status. The only thing I am kind of getting disenchanted with a little is the grind for monster gems or plates. It's pretty low percentage it feels like and it's kind of irritating. We'll see how that goes.
    One thing that really helps is the various Tickets that you get from completing the Limited Bounties. By completing all of the bounties, you get a Gold Ticket, which can be exchanged for any Gem that you are looking for. This allows you a guaranteed way of getting a Gem instead of relying on RNG.

I haven't been far enough to complete those. I'm on kill Nergigante and a lot of the bounty things need you to take out Elder Dragons. I've really been trying to put together Legiana or Odogaron sets before moving on but I guess I should just sack up and continue on.

I actually just want the Odogaron pants and Legiana Chest and Fists. The chest and fists for Legiana seem good for IG and the 2 piece bonus seems like it would be very useful to take forward.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

I appreciate the concern but I've been around the internet a time or two

I'm pretty sure I can handle pictures of the hunter making out with the handler

It is was worse than I was anticipating, there was a Khezu.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    if i was a betting man, i'd put zinogre right after deviljho on the list of monsters to come out. zinogre is insanely popular in japan.

I'm still expecting Seregios. If only for another bleed monster. Because we all want that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular

Bring back Lao-Shan Lung! Bring in another "epic" monster fight that's doesn't completely copy the Zorah Magdaros/Jhen Moran model of "shoot cannons from sidelines".

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options

Bring back Lao-Shan Lung! Bring in another "epic" monster fight that's doesn't completely copy the Zorah Magdaros/Jhen Moran model of "shoot cannons from sidelines".

Isn't Lao-Shan Lung just "shoot cannons from the front"?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    We all know if they bring back some monsters it will be the damned crack monkey and khezu on a new ice map, not the monsters we all want, like quropeco and nargacuga.

• Options
    Well what they really need to bring are monsters with weakness to fire, There are two separate weapon paths for end game fire and like outside of kirin nothing is really weak to it enough to have either be optimal. And even on kirin having an elderseal weapon is sometimes more useful.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

It can be if you want, but, if you prefer, you can actually just run up to him and chop him down with your regular ass weapons! If you're properly kitted out, you can do better dps that way! In that fight, the cannons are just an extra tool you can use if you so choose, not a mandatory aspect of the fight during certain phases like with Zorah/the Morans

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    They already have climbing mechanics with stamina bars and fun little wedge beetle grappling. They could easily make a boss you have to climb and fight more actively, like Shadow of the Colossus.

What they really need is a more straight up fight against a giant enemy where you use totally gonzo megaweapons like the Dragonator more often. But you'd need to have a mount or something, probably.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Tigrex, Nargacuga, Agnaktor, and Zamtrios are my picks. I'd want to see Qurupeco, but Kulu Ya Ku fills that role.

I'd also be happy to see the bear types: Arzuros, Volvidon, and Lagombi.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Narcylla or we riot.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there is a video that talks about timing for Adept evades in MHX? I'm starting to hit a wall in HR on my jump over everything plan, and I think switching styles may be what I need.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    By the way, if anyone is interested in doing the Ryu event, you have to do it in the arena in the gathering hall. I did it couple of nights ago (with @vagrant_winds, I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong). If you haven't tried it yet go check it out, that Barroth is a big boy!

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Didn't we just have Lao-Shan Lung?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zinogre Tigrex Narga and Seregios would be the 4 I want.

Also wouldn't mind nerscylla.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    They already have climbing mechanics with stamina bars and fun little wedge beetle grappling. They could easily make a boss you have to climb and fight more actively, like Shadow of the Colossus.

What they really need is a more straight up fight against a giant enemy where you use totally gonzo megaweapons like the Dragonator more often. But you'd need to have a mount or something, probably.
    "Why does that giant monster have wedge beetles all over him, like some sort of goddamn Christmas Tree?"

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    What's the big crown threshold for Black Diablos?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

"Why does that giant monster have wedge beetles all over him, like some sort of goddamn Christmas Tree?"

Monsters want to play fashion hunter too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Clearly make him either a giant beetle lord or a giant, uh, dung ball.

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    Just remembered that I need to collect guild cards. Xbox hunters WRU?

I'm slowly catching up to the folks who bought at launch, so I haven't been doing a huge amount of grouping yet. I think I have one random person's guild card lol.
    Are you two in the Xbox Squad? That's where I've been getting most of my guild cards. If you aren't in it, Le_Goat comes back on Thursday so shoot him a PM on the boards.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Does anyone know if there is a video that talks about timing for Adept evades in MHX? I'm starting to hit a wall in HR on my jump over everything plan, and I think switching styles may be what I need.

Pretty much just avoid at the very last moment, and it will activate. The window is actually quite generous, I've been almost at the end of the animation an bwoosh, it activates. I would very often dash into attacks just for that.

Edit: Gaijin's video has a ton of footage, where you can see how easily it activates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qad9O9qpZHU

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

not always!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EguMtAaTuC4

in mhxx you can do cannons/basilita/dragonator only runs (and theyre very effective)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    That video really brings home the thought that at any time the monsters could win by simply deciding to lay down.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I need to just grind some arenas. The arena long sword is the sexiest looking blade.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I need to just grind some arenas. The arena long sword is the sexiest looking blade.

I need to grind arenas too, if only for the achievement. It also seems like a great way to test drive other weapons. Hit me up if you need a partner.

On a sidenote, HR68 now, and I finished out all the optional quests. Kinda disappointed in the rainbow, it doesn't do what I hoped for the eyepatch. :(

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822