Options

[QUILTBAG]: The time for Pride has passed. Now is the time for Wrath.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    That entire argument is bullshit because the muppets (thinking Kermit & Miss Piggy) have had relationships for decades.

Notice they specify "Sesame Street Muppets"

Still het relationships in Sesame Street.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Grundgetta
    Grundgetta is Oscar's Grouch girlfriend on Sesame Street. Her earliest appearance was in Season 11 (Episode 1443). Oscar occasionally calls her Grungie, while she generally calls him Oskie. She and Oscar, in addition to being a "couple", are also best friends.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    They said puppets don't have sexuality. The Sesame Street specification was regarding them having human characteristics

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fdF07UKso

My own head-canon:
    Name: Waluigi. Species: Waluigi. Gender: Vectorized.

wario is wario and is sexually attracted to gold

only gold

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    wario is the most volcel man alive

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    wario is the most volcel man alive

His original games have him straight up rejecting the affections of a woman in favor of money

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    But Waluigi fucks, right?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Waluigi makes love.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i am personally a big fan of waluigixrosalina

oh and one other error in that video is that wario and waluigi aren't siblings

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They said puppets don't have sexuality.

biggest lie I've heard all year

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    They said puppets don't have sexuality. The Sesame Street specification was regarding them having human characteristics

100% of the cast is ace confirmed.

Seriously though, that's BS. I get why they did it, but BS.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    jaziek wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    During my programming class lecture today our lecturer was using a theoretical database storing personal data as an example for the particular programming concept the lecturer was about. He fielded suggestions for attributes for a person in said database, and someone called out "biological sex" and without skipping a beat he gave the guy a weird look and wrote "gender" on the whiteboard instead

then later he mentioned how you'd want to have multiple options for the gender choice, and someone was like "don't you mean two?" and that person also got the weird look and "no, you want at the very least 3" in response

kinda felt nice to see this grumpy old guy lecturer just nonchalantly being up with the times

That's good, because in my programming classes we definitely used gender as like, an example of something there is exactly two of.

iirc when we started talking about datatypes for the class constructors he stated that "gender" would be char (this is java, btw) and that you'd only need to validate inputs to ensure they were the right datatype, nothing more

which is quietly saying "literally any letter in the alphabet would be an acceptable input"

Hell fuckin' yeah. What a great professor.

I cannot even imagine being that guy who goes out of their way to make sure everyone knows exactly what they think about trans people, in a lecture about databases. What a fucking tool.

well like 90% of the class are fresh-out-of-highschool 18 or 19 year olds, so I kinda expect some amount of naive foolishness from them on some topics. I'm not sure the student was outright trying to say some social comment, but rather was asking why not just set it to to options because (insert stuff about teens being conditioned by human society to only think of the gender binary etc). It seemed like a harmless enough naive question, but I appreciate that the lecturer just gently reproached and corrected without taking a beat

been pretty damn happy with all my tutors and lecturers in this new degree this year. everyone is chill, welcoming, and at least perceptibly LGBT+ friendly- even the old dudes. two of my lecturers this semester play Pokemon Go, so I have them as friends there now, which is hilarious.

everything kinda boils down to "social issues are important, and we're accepting of everyone and will reproach any student who isn't, and when it comes to computer science your innate biases can be left at the door kthx"

Anzekay on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sesame Street: 'Bert And Ernie Are Not Gay, They Are Depraved Pansexual Perverts'
    Producers insist that the beloved characters are merely friends and that “gay” doesn’t remotely describe their bizarre underworld of sexual deviance.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I mean the duck's gotta come into it somewhere.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I go to my therapy sessions and can't think of what to say. My mind just goes blank for 50 minutes. But then on the cycle home my brain goes into overdrive and I usually end up having some massive realisation.

I should probably tell my therapist that so she knows I'm not just wasting both of our time.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I think that's pretty normal, tracks with my experience of therapy.

• Options
    I go to my therapy sessions and can't think of what to say. My mind just goes blank for 50 minutes. But then on the cycle home my brain goes into overdrive and I usually end up having some massive realisation.

I should probably tell my therapist that so she knows I'm not just wasting both of our time.

Write down talking points to bring with you next time. I guarantee it's not as weird as it initially feels

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Yeah. Whenever your brain is like that, write that shit down. It only becomes more and more helpful to learn about yourself this way, otherwise you'll have some great insights that you just forget later.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I tried writing things down last week but it was impossible to get the words right.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    They don't have to be right, being there is a good start. If they can't be there today, maybe they can coalesce tomorrow? Or.. next week?

I have somewhat the same issue and part of it for me is that putting words to it feels like.. not accepting it, but like.. accepting that I have to do something about it? I'm not as far ahead in any process as you are so this is not a judgement call on you at all, just me being me.

Anyway, putting things into words is a lot more than just finding meaning, it's also ascribing and allocating this[es] to that[es].

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I tried writing things down last week but it was impossible to get the words right.

I totally get this. But you don't necessarily need to write down the exact transcript of your thoughts. An approximation that you can start from at the therapist's office will make it easier for you then to articulate those thoughts in real time.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, part of their job is to help you articulate what you mean, so getting out the rough idea is always a good start.

• Options
    Yeah it can just be bullet points to jog your memory in the session. You probably don't want to be specifically reading off a card in the session because stream of consciousness or a conversation is (in my experience) a lot more productive, but it gets you past that initial hump of forgetting what you wanted to discuss.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I had no problem remembering today what I thought of last week. But I couldn't get it into words while talking to her any better than I could get it into written words when I tried.

• Options
    I had no problem remembering today what I thought of last week. But I couldn't get it into words while talking to her any better than I could get it into written words when I tried.

Can you get it into words in other situations at all?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1afqR5QkDM

I'm definitely less stereotypically feminine than I used to be since I started regularly passing and not needing gatekeepers' approval to transition.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Just in case anyone was wondering, the content warning at the beginning of the video is real and not a joke.

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzU7aIk1dGI
    Oh my gosh that sign in the background just got me cutting onions again. Happy tears.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    How have I not heard this person before? I am loving this song.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I’m sitting in the doctor’s office waiting for my bottom surgery consult and folks? I might be a little nervous

• Options
    I’m afraid they’re just gonna straight up roast my ding dong

Take one look and be like “these are the balls of a pervert, I’m sorry we can’t help you here”

• Options
    edited September 2018
    “ma’am your genitals resemble a 1999 dvd copy of run Lola run, this clinic only operates on Blu-ray and 4K”

Whippy on
  • Options
    “your dick looks like it listens to morrissey”

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    I’m sitting in the doctor’s office waiting for my bottom surgery consult and folks? I might be a little nervous

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    “your dick looks like it listens to morrissey”

Ouch.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    “ma’am your genitals resemble a 1999 dvd copy of run Lola run, this clinic only operates on Blu-ray and 4K”

Yo, if they released an HD, 4K/Blu-ray version of Run Lola Run, I need that shit.

No one remasters the good classics. It's always Disney and awful shit.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Run Lola Run is on Blu-ray, I have it in a two-pack with La Femme Nikita

It’s a good two-pack

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    i cant think of a more terrifying experience than going into a room with people who i know, for a fact, are going to cut me up with a knife

i don't know if the fact that they have a degree in cutting people with a knife makes it more or less terrifying

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    You just have to trust that they're trained professionals who do this kind of thing as a living (in addition to a few other surgery-related things). Also, hope that they were the ones who graduated from medical school with a 95% instead of the guy who just barely passed with a 61% or whatever the low benchmark was.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzU7aIk1dGI
    Oh my gosh that sign in the background just got me cutting onions again. Happy tears.

Hm normally I never watch linked videos but these lyrics goddamn
    Well it’s a jungle out there
    The year 2018, I didn’t think
    We’d still be sorting babies into blue and pink
    And all our progress – well I wonder what it means
    That the only girls clothes that worked for me turned out to be boyfriend jeans
    Well that’s fine, cause I decline
    A narrow set of rules that just don’t work
    These red lines – they’re not mine
    And if you need me you can find me ironing my shirt cause I’m in

Black tie tonight
    Get a postcard to my year 11 self
    In a year 11 hell
    Sayin everything’s gonna be alright
    No you won’t grow out of it
    You will find the clothes that fit
    And the images that fucked ya were a patriarchal structure
    And you never will surrender to a narrow view of gender