Options

[QUILTBAG]: The time for Pride has passed. Now is the time for Wrath.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    on the same token, though, i knew i was going to be referring to my kid in gendered terms. doing my best to avoid the pitfalls of slotting kids into the day-one gender norms EVERYone is trying to slot your kid into, but I still call him a boy, even if I also know that at the end of the day, the kid's gender is "is a baby." I'm hopeful that assigning the kid a gender won't limit any of their own discovery of the self in the future if we start with that in mind, though that might sound foolish.

Yo @Theodore Floosevelt.

You thinking and considering all of these factors & considerations shows that your kid will be supported in their own journey of self discovery.

Good on you and keep it up.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I asked my DayZ/PUBG group for different pronouns because I thought it would help me normalize my transness and maybe make me feel more confident. This is actually my second attempt, but it looks they're going to keep using male pronouns. I wish this wouldn't feel so disheartening. They're good people but I'm not sure what I can do.

Don't sound like that good of people. That fuckin' sucks

I talked to them again and one person essentially asked me for a doctor's note to prove I'm really trans. He also said he wasn't really into altering the way he speaks.

In the end, he said he understood better, so I'll have to see how it goes.

I would have other things to say but I feel they would be unkind.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fucking right they're unkind

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I asked my DayZ/PUBG group for different pronouns because I thought it would help me normalize my transness and maybe make me feel more confident. This is actually my second attempt, but it looks they're going to keep using male pronouns. I wish this wouldn't feel so disheartening. They're good people but I'm not sure what I can do.

I talked to them again and one person essentially asked me for a doctor's note to prove I'm really trans. He also said he wasn't really into altering the way he speaks.

That's fuckin' shitty. I'm sorry you have to deal with friends like that, Platy.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah mark me down as being in the "it's a baby. It's gender is 'baby'" camp

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I also have things to say and "unkind" does not fucking begin to cover it.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    one person essentially asked me for a doctor's note to prove I'm really trans.

Hi yes hello excuse me but whAT THE F U C C

e: I officially volunteer to hate this person on your behalf

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular

Demand they produce a doctors note to prove they are actually sentient.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Who the fuck do they think they are? I'm sorry, fuckin' PROOF? The proof is "hey I'm me and I said this is who I am" and that is the only proof anyone outside of a legal context ever needs to receive.

This yahoo can fuck ALL the way off

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Seriously. I don't know how you didn't punch a person.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Don't actually do this but:

"I got a note right here from Dr. Knuckle and her assistant, Nurse Practitioner Sandwich."

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    “I’m not into altering the way I speak” is code for “I will not make even the tiniest effort to respect you as a human being”

Fuck this asshole two times

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This is where cishet people really need to be stepping in and saying "hey fuckwit do the thing" so that it's not a single trans* person trying to fight this battle by themselves (while already having to constantly justify their existence in the broader scheme of the world, apparently, for some fucking reason that no one can actually articulate) and let me express my genuine and deep embarrassment and apology that the ones around you are not doing that.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I finally met some other trans people. They do actually exist.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I work with this girl, she's pretty awesome. We get a lot of people coming in temporarily to do random work. A lot of them will say "is PERSON a..." before I hit them with a "yes, PERSON is a she".

Usually get a bunch of "rabble rabble guy rabble rabble" before I annoyedly repeat myself.

Is annoyedly even a word?

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    You warm my cold, dead heart @a nu start

• Options
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fdF07UKso

My own head-canon:
    Name: Waluigi. Species: Waluigi. Gender: Vectorized.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    I work with this girl, she's pretty awesome. We get a lot of people coming in temporarily to do random work. A lot of them will say "is PERSON a..." before I hit them with a "yes, PERSON is a she".

Usually get a bunch of "rabble rabble guy rabble rabble" before I annoyedly repeat myself.

Is annoyedly even a word?

I would go with 'irritably'
    “I’m not into altering the way I speak” is code for “I will not make even the tiniest effort to respect you as a human being”

Fuck this asshole two times

I mean even calling it 'code' is a stretch. It's just flat out saying that.

The only meager silver lining to that cloud of assholishness is that they've given carte-blanche to be completely dismissive and disrespectful right back and, after what they said right in front of the HR person, can never complain to HR about it.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    ForceVoid was the gal who had problems with HR

Platy on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I wish it was easier for me to put all the things I feel into words

Platy on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    You look amazing! Also congrats!

Also fuck those people that were giving you shit last week, I’m still pissed about that!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I finally met some other trans people. They do actually exist.

I realised after posting this that I have met 2 people from this forum who I believe are actually trans. So sorry to those people if this was a dismissive thing to say. I guess what I meant was I met other trans people for the first time since realising that about myself.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2018

Silly stream hair

Hope all you lovelies are doing well! As always, please feel free to reach out if you aren't doing so great

<3

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    During my programming class lecture today our lecturer was using a theoretical database storing personal data as an example for the particular programming concept the lecture was about. He fielded suggestions for attributes for a person in said database, and someone called out "biological sex" and without skipping a beat he gave the guy a weird look and wrote "gender" on the whiteboard instead

then later he mentioned how you'd want to have multiple options for the gender choice, and someone was like "don't you mean two?" and that person also got the weird look and "no, you want at the very least 3" in response

kinda felt nice to see this grumpy old guy lecturer just nonchalantly being up with the times

Anzekay on
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    During my programming class lecture today our lecturer was using a theoretical database storing personal data as an example for the particular programming concept the lecturer was about. He fielded suggestions for attributes for a person in said database, and someone called out "biological sex" and without skipping a beat he gave the guy a weird look and wrote "gender" on the whiteboard instead

then later he mentioned how you'd want to have multiple options for the gender choice, and someone was like "don't you mean two?" and that person also got the weird look and "no, you want at the very least 3" in response

kinda felt nice to see this grumpy old guy lecturer just nonchalantly being up with the times

That's good, because in my programming classes we definitely used gender as like, an example of something there is exactly two of.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    During my programming class lecture today our lecturer was using a theoretical database storing personal data as an example for the particular programming concept the lecturer was about. He fielded suggestions for attributes for a person in said database, and someone called out "biological sex" and without skipping a beat he gave the guy a weird look and wrote "gender" on the whiteboard instead

That's good, because in my programming classes we definitely used gender as like, an example of something there is exactly two of.

iirc when we started talking about datatypes for the class constructors he stated that "gender" would be char (this is java, btw) and that you'd only need to validate inputs to ensure they were the right datatype, nothing more

which is quietly saying "literally any letter in the alphabet would be an acceptable input"

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Upon the excellent advice from this thread, I decided to fight dysphoria/transphobes with a selfie!

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

iirc when we started talking about datatypes for the class constructors he stated that "gender" would be char (this is java, btw) and that you'd only need to validate inputs to ensure they were the right datatype, nothing more

which is quietly saying "literally any letter in the alphabet would be an acceptable input"

Hell fuckin' yeah. What a great professor.

I cannot even imagine being that guy who goes out of their way to make sure everyone knows exactly what they think about trans people, in a lecture about databases. What a fucking tool.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Sesame Street released a statement after a former writer, in an interview with Queerty, said he always felt (when writing Bert and Ernie) that they were in a gay relationship symbolic of his own relationship with his partner

smh were they really pressured enough to just immediately denounce a random harmless quote in an interview

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    One the one hand that sucks and is cowardly.

On the other I can sort of see why a show that relies heavily on public/government funding (and just narrowly avoided getting defunded because the GOP are fucking idiots within the last year) would not come out and say "they are gay puppets to teach kids that gay people are okay" in the current political dumpster fire.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Isn't that exactly the same statement they put out last time this came up like 5 years ago

Bert and Ernie would be a bad couple anyway

It would be rad if sesame street introduced a gay human couple as part of the cast though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    That entire argument is bullshit because the muppets (thinking Kermit & Miss Piggy) have had relationships for decades.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    That entire argument is bullshit because the muppets (thinking Kermit & Miss Piggy) have had relationships for decades.

I mean ffs Gonzo fucks chickens.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Notice they specify "Sesame Street Muppets"

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Ernie is too good for Bert

• Options
    The wording of the statement is the same sort of equivocating for homophobia that people trot out whenever they're making excuses for not showing queer content in kids' media. "They're <blank> they can't be gay, even though we have no issues implying or assuming heterosexual norms onto them".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.