As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics! New Heroes! New Justice League! Old Watchmen! Aquaman Movie!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Paging all the other weirdos who love Final Crisis

that Geoff Johns content though... :?
    Terror Titans is absolutely the worst thing in there, c'mon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds was excellent. Johns' Legion stories are the only ones I've found enjoyable

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds was excellent. Johns' Legion stories are the only ones I've found enjoyable

Big Legion fan here and I hate Legion of Three Worlds with a passion (gave up 3 issues in). Mostly because it seemed to be Legion of Three Worlds, starring Superboy Prime. (Pre-Crisis Legion may get some lines, DnA and 3boot Legion can stand in the back and look pretty, while Geoff pulls in more and more characters from all places, most of them not Legion related. I guess if you have Perez on board, you do want him to draw those spreads with 100+ characters.)

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Supergirl and Super Sons are also cancelled, with Titans and Teen Titans looking to potentially be as well.

Which makes me think there's gonna be a Titans/Teen Titans relaunch post No Justice, potentially featuring Supergirl and Jon/Damian

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2018
    They'll probably launch new (Teen) Titans and Young Justice books when their streaming service starts up

I'm not surprised at Teen Titans being canceled for now since most of the team is in No Justice

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    I would read a Steve Orlando Teen Titans/Young Justice book featuring Supergirl

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

I'm gonna say Tynion will be on Young Justice, definitely featuring Tim Drake, Kon-El, Bart Allen, and Cassie Sandsmark. Miss Martian and Blue Beetle almost guaranteed.

Orlando on Titans featuring Nightwing and Supergirl.

• Options

I'm gonna say Tynion will be on Young Justice, definitely featuring Tim Drake, Kon-El, Bart Allen, and Cassie Sandsmark. Miss Martian and Blue Beetle almost guaranteed.

I would read both of those, so sure

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Oh yeah, me too.

I mean, I'm just guessing, but based off of Tynion's Detective Comics run and interviews, he loves Tim, Drake, and he's put in hints about Conner. Cassie hasn't been seen since Rebirth, but not written out. Bart can easily be written to ignore his New 52 nonsense

• Options

Oh yeah, me too.

I mean, I'm just guessing, but based off of Tynion's Detective Comics run and interviews, he loves Tim, Drake, and he's put in hints about Conner. Cassie hasn't been seen since Rebirth, but not written out. Bart can easily be written to ignore his New 52 nonsense

Huh

Maybe Pete Tomasi on Teen Titans?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Freddie Prinze Jr is The Comedian
    Alicia Silverstone is Silk Spectre
    Rider Strong is Rorshach
    Devon Sawa is Night Owl
    James Van Der Beek is Ozymandias
    Mario Lopez is Doctor Manhattan

Watchmen, coming to HBO late 2019

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've definitely looked upon James Van Der Beek's works and despaired before, if you know what I mean

• Options
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story.

• Options
    That's one of the funnier reasons for leaving a movie I've ever seen

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I gotta give props to a guy for looking at a hundred million dollar project and just going "Yeah I got nothing, drawing a blank here."

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I have no idea how you'd fit batgirl into the DC Cinematic Universe, honestly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Freddie Prinze Jr is The Comedian
    Alicia Silverstone is Silk Spectre
    Rider Strong is Rorshach
    Devon Sawa is Night Owl
    James Van Der Beek is Ozymandias
    Mario Lopez is Doctor Manhattan

Watchmen, coming to HBO late 2019
    Rider Strong!

Haven’t seen him in what, over a decade?

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Making it low key. 50 million budget tops

• Options
    It's also pretty hilarious that Whedon, specifically, took a look at one of DC's most beloved female leads, who has been revitalized in the past few years and has been a mainstay of the DCU and went

"I got nothin'."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Obviously just combine her with Huntress and have her kill dirty cops

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »

Making it low key. 50 million budget tops

No I mean like

What do you do with the character

Why would anyone in that universe idolize batman enough to emulate him

Would she just be a murderer?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I could see a Huntress movie

But not really Batgirl

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Batgirl slots easy into DCU, Batman being off in the JL leaves a gap in Gotham for a new hero to rise up.

Especially one who sees the toll it's taking on her commissioner father

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Batgirl slots easy into DCU, Batman being off in the JL leaves a gap in Gotham for a new hero to rise up.

Especially one who sees the toll it's taking on her commissioner father
    Yeah but why would she become Batgirl when DCEU Batman is a murderous asshole

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Combine Barbara with Tim Drake, have her confront Batman and say "you were a hero before Jason died. I'm going to show Gotham they can trust this symbol instead of being afraid of it"

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Hell, instead of Batgirl make it Batwoman and go a little too hard on the military training background, and it's perfect for the Cinematic DC Universe.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Hell, instead of Batgirl make it Batwoman and go a little too hard on the military training background, and it's perfect for the Cinematic DC Universe.
    This would be the first major superhero movie starring a gay lead so sure, alright

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Or just handwave the events of bvs etc as not being widely known, he was never that willing to kill before that, yadda yadda. Easy peezy.

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Or just handwave the events of bvs etc as not being widely known, he was never that willing to kill before that, yadda yadda. Easy peezy.
    There were newspaper headlines about him branding criminals who committed particularly heinous crimes with a bat symbol so they would be killed in prison

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Justice League already acted like the tones of MoS and BVS were wildly different from what they were. They could just do that for Batgirl.

JL Batman is basically "Batman if he was also somebody's dad" anyway.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    There were newspaper headlines about him branding criminals who committed particularly heinous crimes with a bat symbol so they would be killed in prison

Wow I forgot all about that.

But still either ignoring that or having the character believe in what batman stood for earlier would be easy.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    There's a lot serial killer fan girls irl. I have no trouble at all believing a teen girl/young woman idolized a killer batman enough to emulate him. You'd probably need to avoid the whole "wants to have sex with him" thing that is usually these girls' motivation but it's a movie, you can easily avoid the unpleasant reality of a serial killer fangirl and replace it with a quirky MPDG who beats up crims.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    There's a lot serial killer fan girls irl. I have no trouble at all believing a teen girl/young woman idolized a killer batman enough to emulate him. You'd probably need to avoid the whole "wants to have sex with him" thing that is usually these girls' motivation but it's a movie, you can easily avoid the unpleasant reality of a serial killer fangirl and replace it with a quirky MPDG who beats up crims.

Annnnd Bruce Timm just lost interest.

• Options

No there aren't!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm afraid there is. Misunderstood, tragic loners appeal to teens.

I don't think I'd watch that Batgirl film. But I would and have watched that James Gunn film.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm afraid there is. Misunderstood, tragic loners appeal to teens.

I don't think I'd watch that Batgirl film. But I would and have watched that James Gunn film.

Please find me a single instance of a serial killer who is a "fangirl"

Women in fandoms already have enough of a stigma without being labelled as serial murderers

Edit: this is not to say that there is no way it could ever happen

But Serial Killers are EXTREMELY rare, and women serial killers even rarer

Saying "there are lots of fangirl serial killers irl" is simply not true and is a huge thing to throw onto an already stigmatized group

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure they meant fangirls of serial killers

As like a character. Not as a target demographic

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've definitely seen a disturbing amount of blogs of people who are obsessed with people like the Columbine shooters

This discussion has been closed.