As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own [chat] 3

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    VH that gif doesnt work on my phone idk why

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I am unreasonably invested in norway getting more gold medals than germany

somehow the aggregate medals being far better doesn't matter if they've got more gold

Ladyfish and I both struggle with this affliction as well

"I want Canada to top the medal count both ways, darn it! Or at least compared to the Americans!"

And compared to the Americans, it's the same thing as you guys - big total medal lead, but they have more golds v_v

Eh, y'all can have the Winter Olympics. We'll just keep mega-dominating the Summer Olympics.

Did you know that the US has more Summer Olympics gold medals than any other country has total Summer Olympics medals?

Listen, those events are very complicated. There's a lot of running involved!

Everything up here is either a tree or a polar bear, where are we supposed to go running?

....is this where I mention that the US crushes everybody but Norway in the Winter Olympics as well?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2018
    You head towards the palace of this city's ruler and, most curiously, pass no one in the streets. Where are the inhabitants of the city? Is it a bank holiday? Are they all at the beach? The palace might hold answers, as well as someone in authority who can help you with your repairs. If they're friendly, that is.

The palace is a glorious building made from the same white alloy as the towers, but decorated with intricately wrought images depicting what you assume is the history of this world. Insectoid beings toil and war and build and reach for the stars across the course of the friezes in a way that cannot fail but move the heart of one who has sword allegiance to the ideals of the Federation. Atop the palace sits a highly sophisticated missile system. At the very least you need to get them to turn it off.

Let's see how you're doing and how that affects your choices. If the Alien Marker is in the Friendly position and the Autarch knows you're coming, turn to page 50 for a warm welcome. You will be an ambassador for the Federation!

If not, you brush the last of the faint traces of vaporised alien matter from your uniform and head round the back for a more discreet entrance on page 241.

Bogart on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    And

Obviously

Disc Golf

Ultimate frisbee.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    VH that gif doesnt work on my phone idk why

I think there's something with .gifv on mobile, because you're the second person to mention this to me.

In any case, here's the direct link: https://imgur.com/96szD6s

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    ... the food was good solid stuff for a cold morning, all calories and fat and protein and maybe a vitamin crying softly because it was all alone.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    And

Obviously

Disc Golf

Ultimate frisbee.

Yeah. And Dog Frisbee too I'd allow it.

• Options
    We need a Spring and Fall Olympics.

Spring can have hiking/fishing/climbing etc. And Fall can have eSports.

there's a lot of bad spectator sports but fishing would be nothing but a satire on the very idea

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The Summer Olympics lets us ask the important questions.

U7LkB2W.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    it is very fun being a very tiny nation that still dominates the winter olympics

we're just better than everyone, it's not like the usual "well one can't expect san marino to have a decent pool of players compared to brazil" type thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    UtV0wS6.png

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The aliens in the Darmok episode are basically an entire species composed of that guy who speaks exclusively in movie quotes and references.

#HotTake.

• Options

somehow the aggregate medals being far better doesn't matter if they've got more gold

"I want Canada to top the medal count both ways, darn it! Or at least compared to the Americans!"

And compared to the Americans, it's the same thing as you guys - big total medal lead, but they have more golds v_v

Eh, y'all can have the Winter Olympics. We'll just keep mega-dominating the Summer Olympics.

Did you know that the US has more Summer Olympics gold medals than any other country has total Summer Olympics medals?

Everything up here is either a tree or a polar bear, where are we supposed to go running?

you've got thirty million more people than us yet the fraction of people who are actually any good at this snow thing seems to be very, very tiny

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    it is very fun being a very tiny nation that still dominates the winter olympics

we're just better than everyone, it's not like the usual "well one can't expect san marino to have a decent pool of players compared to brazil" type thing

this is what happens when you let a bunch of people from one country make up sports using rules that ensure they'll be really good at all those sports

no shut up i refuse to look up the history of any of the sports in the Winter Olympics this is definitely what happened

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

this is what happens when you let a bunch of people from one country make up sports using rules that ensure they'll be really good at all those sports

no shut up i refuse to look up the history of any of the sports in the Winter Olympics this is definitely what happened

Competitive Norwegian Argumenting is a crappy winter sport.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

there's a lot of bad spectator sports but fishing would be nothing but a satire on the very idea

Biathlon style fishing. Run up to mountain lake, catch target species, run back. Maybe do checkpoints around the countryside with several target fish to catch.

• Options

Competitive Norwegian Argumenting is a crappy winter sport.

If curling can be in the Winter Olympics, shuffleboard should be in the Summer Olympics.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    That was a comparison that has never been made before, btw.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Biathlon style fishing. Run up to mountain lake, catch target species, run back. Maybe do checkpoints around the countryside with several target fish to catch.

And you gotta catch em with a gun

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Marit Bjørgen won gold today

one more, and she'll be the most-winning winter olympian ever

although the top three - Bjørndalen, Dæhlie, Bjørgen - have 8-4-1, 8-4-0, 7-4-2 right now so it's not exactly leaps and bounds ahead, here

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

we did invent the biathlon but, to be fair, when we made the rules, it included full-size caliber rifles, a requirement of backpacks, also each team had to have an officer with a pistol who did not participate in the shooting, so it was a bit different

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Gosh dang it, I have, like, five things I need to do today besides play Sea of Thieves.

Why is life so hard.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

dat swimming inflation tho

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I'm curious as to how many chatters went straight for Red Shirt Kevin instead of Talia

Much like who went straight for the dog instead of the Barbarian

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

dat swimming inflation tho

omg SIG whose side are you on

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    although, to me, who have to be reminded how each skiing competition works every time one is on, I feel there are a bit too many olympics sports that are "ski the fastest"

but then again the summer olympics kind of seems like it's mostly many, many variations of "run the fastest"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Because as soon as I saw the second choice was a red shirt I went for it

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    although, to me, who have to be reminded how each skiing competition works every time one is on, I feel there are a bit too many olympics sports that are "ski the fastest"

but then again the summer olympics kind of seems like it's mostly many, many variations of "run the fastest"

look there are lots of ways to be fast and it's important to find out who's the fastest in each fast way

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious middle aged black female checker, watching black panther ad on tv.

That looks stupid. I like Captain America because that guy is dreamy, and Batman has cool gadgets. That just looks stupid.

This is outrageous

What is her twitter I will tell some people and take care of this.

Kidding people are allowed to like what they like even if it seems really weird

• Options
    anyway, i think i might actually be tired enough to sleep now

although i thought the same thing at 7 am and 4 am olololololololfuckinsomnia

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    we should add some more interaction to these races

I propose a biathlon where you shoot at each other

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    alternatively, this sport

https://youtu.be/4YVnBchaBdQ

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    we should add some more interaction to these races

I propose a biathlon where you shoot at each other

Competitive enhanced interrogation techniques.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I like it better when the US isn't winning all the medals. Makes it feel better when some upstart kid makes a run and wins a medal that she wasn't supposed to compete for. I mean, this works for all countries, but when it's an American, it's fun for me because I'm from America.

Summer games basketball is the absolute worst competition to watch, except for the one time in ten years that Spain or whoever fields an NBA team too.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Yeah but attacking vikings

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I didn’t get to see black panther last night and forgot to refund my tickets in time. Chelle had to work an hour late then we had to go pick out a new sofa and chair because ours are falling apart and it is a President’s day sale and it’s really hard on Chelle to get out on a weekend after a work week. So that sucks.

I might go see it solo. It depends on Chelle’s desire level to see it with me. Not sure where she’s at fanwise on Black Panther. Comic book movies are enjoyable for her but not like her favorite thing ever. She loves iron man because come on RDJ and she loves Thor because she likes mythology stuff. I mean I know that’s true but I know it’s really about Hemsworth. She knows I don’t get jealous of that shit, but just won’t own up to it. How I know she’s lying? She loved Ragnarok but whenever the trailers came out or the subject comes up now? “Why did they cut his hair I hate that I liked his old hair”

Girrrrrrl.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

....is this where I mention that the US crushes everybody but Norway in the Winter Olympics as well?

Everything is either a tree or a polar bear, VH!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2018
    Hmmm. Yes, well, some aliens were killed, some mistakes were made, and possibly you need a better plan than rocking up and asking for help. You sidle round the side of the port looking for something resembling a service entrance. Where is everyone?

You find something resembling a very tall door with a sign saying "Maintenance" above it. It's unlocked, and opens quietly at a gentle touch. You tiptoe inside, and find yourself in the shadowy corder of an immense hanger bay, filled with craft in various states of repair and many, many useful looking tools and spare parts. Underneath one of the craft you can see two legs sticking out as a technician apparently performs repairs. A high-pitched squeaking sound from underneath the craft may be whistling.

On one of the walls of the bay you can see a rack of incredibly dangerous but apparently deactivated drones.

Does the glimmering of a plan occur to you, o unofficial ambassador of Starfleet, the exploratory and military wing of the United Federation of Planets, dedicated to peaceful coexistence and harmony among the stars?

Certainly it does. You will reprogram the drones to kill the technician and then saunter out with everything you need on page 43.

Wait, what? By no means! You will carefully tiptoe into the bay, steal the tools and parts you need and carry them out without disturbing the technician and betraying the ideals of all you hold dear on page 34.

Neither of the above appeals to you, and you will stride into the room, point your phaser at the technician and demand he give you what you need on page 91.

Bogart on
  • Options
    It’s funny because I think Thor is kinda hot with that short messy hair. I’m not queer enough to identify as queer but I can recognize that I like him better like that. Especially with the war paint. Take me fallen son of Odin

• Options
    Oh I forgot to @Organichu

See above a few posts

This discussion has been closed.