As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

May your names be enscribeled forever [SBFP]

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I warned you about robot one drop rule, man. I told you, dog.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/hgnoSZrT3ao

So many one-offs. Do check out the quick looks at Dandara and Celeste too while you are at it

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    This one is painful

Its woolie at peak ignoring what the game is trying to teach him

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    As a Heat Action delivery vehicle i would rate this game POOR AT BEST

Essence of Scrap Loving

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Freaking Waypoint made me buy Binary Domain and after 6 hours of playing it I forgotten I brought the game. I suppose I should finish it, one day.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Binary Domain is fucking rancid. Holy shit. Good LP, but the core idea behind so much character interaction in the last act of that game is like hot coals pressed to one's skin

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "You might end up happily-ever-after, you might end up... not rotting, but dead, staring, with your jaw hanging in the eternal silent note... of regret."
    ---Woolie Madden

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I skipped the Binary Domain LP because I bought that game (for 360) on super sale and then promptly switched over to Xbox 1. Once they make it backwards compatible, I will run it through its paces. Vanquish getting BC is probably a good sign for Sega's interest in bothering to do so... one would think?

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    If you haven't been watching. Go watch Paige finish Beyond: Two Souls. The ending BROKE her will to live. Oh lord. Pat seemed happy by her reaction. It seemed enough to justify him living through it one more time.

• Options
    Boy do I like the word "kickstop".

• Options
    There's a scene wherein Pat requests the hardest snacks available, because he needs something to throw at the wrestlers and security took his rocks away.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ahaha I'm finally catching up on the LA Noire playthrough

Pat: Can you guys burn me in effigy when I die?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I understand the appeal of LPs but I wouldn't mind plenty more one-offs if they improved their playing a bit and it doesn't hurt their views too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYRaKe4wBI&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SuperBestFriendsPlay

• Options
    Watchin' the Dandara one-off.

And I'm thinking, how nuts would it be if you went into one of those rooms that has someone's salt-spectre that tells you how they died, and after the person's name, the reason for death pops up and it just reads "Dandara"?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Improved their playing a bit?

You’re watching SBFP here, being terrible is half the fun.

rhylith on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    People don't know what words mean. "Terrible" play is that guy who took 20 minutes to beat the Cuphead tutorial. Game Grumps is usually in the "carelessly bad" level of play, the Best Friends generally stay in decent to average level play.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    No level of play, however poor it may be, has ever been as irritating to me as the concept that you have to be good at video games to play them, be it for yourself or others

Set yourself free, be as bad at a game as you want as long as you have fun with it

And before anyone says anything a review made by someone who is bad at any given game can and will be valuable in a landscape such as ours where the number of reviews in existence is nigh on infinite

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    The only bad thing the best friends do is mishear or misremember or misunderstand instructions and that's just because, I mean, they're talking over it because that's their job. It's sometimes annoying but you can always just skip ahead in the video till they figure it out if it annoys you.

• Options
    Th' LP Tax.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    No level of play, however poor it may be, has ever been as irritating to me as the concept that you have to be good at video games to play them, be it for yourself or others

Set yourself free, be as bad at a game as you want as long as you have fun with it

And before anyone says anything a review made by someone who is bad at any given game can and will be valuable in a landscape such as ours where the number of reviews in existence is nigh on infinite

There's definitely a point where being incompetent at the game can hurt the enjoyability of the video, but we're talking, like, hours of backtracking/wandering lost or grinding. If the gameplay isn't at least interesting then it's harder to hold attention, commentary or no. Most LPers have the sense to cut those parts though. The only time it really grates for me is when the player is getting frustrated with their lack of progress, especially when said lack of progress is due to not paying attention

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Anyone saying the best friends are bad have obviously never seen Brad Shoemaker play a video game.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Yeah as a matter of personal taste there is a point where a certain pace just doesn't appeal to me anymore

But this is also true of even certain types of play styles IE: things like under/overuse of certain items or tactics or attempts to break the fourth wall with in-game actions, and no one ever talks about that the way lack of skill (As defined really vaguely and broadly as being good at meeting a game's win conditions) is treated as some kind of moral failing

I'm increasingly skeptical that impulse provides anything but negative results

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Anyone saying the best friends are brad have obviously never seen Brad Shoemaker play a video game.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I'm sorry did somebody say bad at videogames?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I'm sorry did somebody say bad at videogames?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

I will never be as happy as I was when “game journalists” published all those butthurt articles about them getting called out.

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    Being bad at videogames is immoral.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    If you can't do a pretzel motion you're not allowed to even look at a game. Put that Candyland back on the shelf kid, you haven't earned it yet.
    *Blacks out the back of every cereal box in the house*
    You'll thank me when you're older!

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    "[monster hunter monsters] aren't kaiju, though."
    *looks at Ceadeus, Dah'ren Moran and Zorah Magdoros*

Enlong on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Being bad at videogames is immoral.

No it’s unethical

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    there is no ethical consumption under late's play capitalism

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Absalon wrote: »
    I understand the appeal of LPs but I wouldn't mind plenty more one-offs if they improved their playing a bit and it doesn't hurt their views too much.

I'd much rather two longform LPs and more one offs rather then them pushing out three, especially when it is for super long games.

Kelor on
  • Options
    When Pat told Paige that he barely slept for two years, I thought that the video froze.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Things haven't been great the past month or so. And this new LP doesn't look like it will help. I'm not finding much to hold my interest, unfortunately.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Pat streams at Episode Prompto is beautiful. Fifty minutes of being bad at stream.

Matt fucking died at No More Heroes Nintendo Direct. He's a dead ghost, now.

Mario and Link are the fucking Godhand??

PLA on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    "If you have dual citizenship you're basically a super-powered monster"

Well, he's not wrong

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Pat streams at Episode Prompto is beautiful. Fifty minutes of being bad at stream.

Matt fucking died at No More Heroes Nintendo Direct. He's a dead ghost, now.

Mario and Link are the fucking Godhand??

all of the warriors

• Options
    new SBF lore, Newfoundland is the fishing village from bloodborne

• Options
    One of Pat's penes is like Cell's tail.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIjFaQeMO4

"Doesn't this art look good for 95?"

"No."