As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the OVERWATCH thread just instalocked symmetra on offense

19899100101102104»

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I've been enjoying seeing zenyatta mains play Roadhog and Tracer

jjonak's roadhog wasn't really up to snuff

otoh, pine had some fantastic dragonstrikes

yeah, bdosin's hog and tracer are both really strong, and I think that's part of why London has had so much success in the postseason

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Junkrat getting tricky with trap placements.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    ok my mccree is pretty insane now that i get more than 40FPS in traffic

all these years on the old machine was like weight training

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    ok my mccree is pretty insane now that i get more than 40FPS in traffic

all these years on the old machine was like weight training

Getting a new computer is absolutely the equivalent of removing your weighted training clothes

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    There was an interview with one of the OWL players where he said his computer before he went pro was really crappy, so he always played on really low settings. He got so used to it that even in OWL where they have really beastly machines he keeps it turned way down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    snillo, iirc

also i haven't been able to play much because of Computer Trubs so maybe i should use this as an excuse to buy some new hardware

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, I just turned all of my settings to medium, and everything everything runs much smoother and I really don't notice any difference.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Every time I see a pro's settings they're always on all low. Sometimes they have shadows at medium so that the shadows have shape so you can see them around corners. They'll go 75% render scale as well. But hey, they want 240 fps so they have to cut back everything even on a 1080 rig.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    240?

Jeebus, I am maxing out at 70fps.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Also a lot of times higher graphics just adds more details that aren't necessary for competitive play, just more visual noise. Things can be cleaner, clearer and easier to process with bad graphics.

Competitive play is about winning, not about enjoyment, or fun, or anything like that. (One of the reasons why I hate that all my friends in this game are into ranked play.)

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    240?

Jeebus, I am maxing out at 70fps.
    Well, high FPS also matters more for tournaments because they're on LAN with 140 tick servers. You wouldn't get that much value from more frames since we have to play with latency and 60 tick servers.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also a lot of times higher graphics just adds more details that aren't necessary for competitive play, just more visual noise. Things can be cleaner, clearer and easier to process with bad graphics.

Competitive play is about winning, not about enjoyment, or fun, or anything like that. (One of the reasons why I hate that all my friends in this game are into ranked play.)

This makes me sad.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Every time I see a pro's settings they're always on all low. Sometimes they have shadows at medium so that the shadows have shape so you can see them around corners. They'll go 75% render scale as well. But hey, they want 240 fps so they have to cut back everything even on a 1080 rig.

Snillo actually turns his resolution way down too. Everyone else at least keeps it at native and turns down regular settings and sometimes render scale. Snillo goes for that Windows 95 look though.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Are there any notes up on which balance changes are included with the Hammond patch tomorrow?

I assume the range tweaks for McCree/Soldier/Mei, But I suspect the support changes on the PTR are too recent to go live this soon

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

This makes me sad.

Ehh, kind of reductive. For sure some people take it too seriously and only consider it "fun" when they win, but plenty of folks who play at a high/professional level seem to enjoy the hell out of themselves, win or lose. So basically just like any other sport/competitive game.

This discussion has been closed.