Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Real men only wear work boots or cowboy boots, duh. None of this fancy-pants euro-boot nonsense.

(that was painful to type)

In Australia a person who looks after livestock from horseback is typically called a stockman, sometimes referred to as a jacakaroo or a jillaroo if they're female (cowboys are actually kids and/or shitkickers beneath the stockmen). They almost exclusively wear that style of boot from RM Williams or Blundstone. Wearing American style "cowboy boots" to work would likely destroy your reputation. Everyone would be too busy laughing at you to take you seriously.

Like a work boot? That seems inconvenient for stirrups?

No, chelsea boots. Near universally referred to as "Blundies". Also what the Imperial Stormtroopers wore in the Star Wars original trilogy.

Not to 'well actually' you too hard.. but don't ride in steel toed Blundies. They're wide and there's too much sole, so they can catch in the stirrups. Proper riding boots have a smooth sole.

Also, they're tall enough that the top loop clears the top of the stirrup. Don't do what I did and wear shorter boots that then catch in the stirrup, then fall off.. you get dragged some ways until your boot comes off.

I was never really into riding horses, that was all Mum and my sisters. I mean, I can ride, but I prefer 4 strokes, not 4 legs. I'm pretty sure we all had Blundies for riding (at least until my oldest sister got into dressage and had to get some swanky riding boots), but yeah not steel toed work boot ones, just regular ones.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Real men only wear work boots or cowboy boots, duh. None of this fancy-pants euro-boot nonsense.

(that was painful to type)

In Australia a person who looks after livestock from horseback is typically called a stockman, sometimes referred to as a jacakaroo or a jillaroo if they're female (cowboys are actually kids and/or shitkickers beneath the stockmen). They almost exclusively wear that style of boot from RM Williams or Blundstone. Wearing American style "cowboy boots" to work would likely destroy your reputation. Everyone would be too busy laughing at you to take you seriously.

Like a work boot? That seems inconvenient for stirrups?

No, chelsea boots. Near universally referred to as "Blundies". Also what the Imperial Stormtroopers wore in the Star Wars original trilogy.

Not to 'well actually' you too hard.. but don't ride in steel toed Blundies. They're wide and there's too much sole, so they can catch in the stirrups. Proper riding boots have a smooth sole.

Also, they're tall enough that the top loop clears the top of the stirrup. Don't do what I did and wear shorter boots that then catch in the stirrup, then fall off.. you get dragged some ways until your boot comes off.

I was never really into riding horses, that was all Mum and my sisters. I mean, I can ride, but I prefer 4 strokes, not 4 legs. I'm pretty sure we all had Blundies for riding (at least until my oldest sister got into dressage and had to get some swanky riding boots), but yeah not steel toed work boot ones, just regular ones.

They work (you can ride in any shoes you want) but the recommendation when we were riding was that if you're going to buy boots for riding, get riding boots - they're basically the same, they just have a smooth plastic sole rather than a rubber sole with tread.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Thinking about getting a pair of shirt stays. I occasionally like to wear a tucked in button up but if I sit down at all I usually pull the slack out and end up looking like a week old, wrinkly balloon that lost most of its air.

I've never had good look with tucking my shirts in for some reason. Maybe it's a hip thing?

I also think I'm going to maybe try suspenders for the first time if I can find some? I think I might be able to pull off suspenders maybe.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I think it has to do with the waist height on your pants? The lower the waist the more material to puff up?

• Options
    The verdict is in on suspenders and it is a hot fuckin' yes
    [img][/img]0iefbgac064l.jpg

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    That is a deep v-cut, sir.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bloody hell

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I mean I could go up another button.

But I'm not gonna.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

I mean I could go up another button.

But I'm not gonna.

You absolutely can not

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wow is it warm in here

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Bloody hell

Bloody hell.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my dude, you can do suspenders all you like.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Hipster Amish there. Like in a positive way I mean.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

So glad you broke away from that awful doomsday cult in Montana

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Whoa hey whoa I was just minding my own business on the forums on a normal Saturday afternoon

Guess now I gotta turn the aircon on

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    That's a pretty decent Arthur Shelby cosplay.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Juggs, cmon

This isn’t fair to the rest of us

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Juggs, cmon

This isn’t fair to the rest of us

On the plus side my seventeen catfish accounts just got a new profile pic.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

So glad you broke away from that awful doomsday cult in Montana

That's just your sin talking.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My favorite pants now need a belt loop fixed.

So I guess I have to figure that out.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I think I'm gonna get a haircut this week before my big job interview. I'm thinking an undercut, like a faded undercut, but I'm so nervous. All there hair models are so thin and handsome and angular, they're like elves. I'm like a Hobbit with a glandular disorder.

Selfies below because I desperately need advice

I was thinking something like this
    https://goo.gl/images/Ad38u
    https://goo.gl/images/AoqBke

Edit: https://www.thetrendspotter.net/10-stylish-hairstyles-for-men-with-curly-hair/ this is another thing I was looking at.

Also how's my beard trim?

I HAVE SO MUCH DOUBT

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Purple > *, generally.

sig.gif
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna get a haircut this week before my big job interview. I'm thinking an undercut, like a faded undercut, but I'm so nervous. All there hair models are so thin and handsome and angular, they're like elves. I'm like a Hobbit with a glandular disorder.

Edit: https://www.thetrendspotter.net/10-stylish-hairstyles-for-men-with-curly-hair/ this is another thing I was looking at.

I HAVE SO MUCH DOUBT

The first goo.gl link isn't loading for me, but the second one is probably perfect for your hair, and a good interview look, for sure.

I'd probably trim down the sides (sideburns, cheeks, under where your jaw hinges) on your beard a bit more, but leave the rest (chin, moustache) long. It'll look a little cleaner and elongate/slim down your face, which will go well with the short-on-the-sides/floofy-on-top hair cut.

Good luck with the interview, dude. You got this!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

I HAVE SO MUCH DOUBT

The first goo.gl link isn't loading for me, but the second one is probably perfect for your hair, and a good interview look, for sure.

I'd probably trim down the sides (sideburns, cheeks, under where your jaw hinges) on your beard a bit more, but leave the rest (chin, moustache) long. It'll look a little cleaner and elongate/slim down your face, which will go well with the short-on-the-sides/floofy-on-top hair cut.

Good luck with the interview, dude. You got this!

I agree with all of this but also wanna say you have really nice curls, Metz! It's good hair!

Just go to a good barber who will be able to tailor that cut to your face structure and I'm sure you'll do fine!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I am sat next to the coolest punk girl on the bus. Her hair is pink with shaved sides, the colour matches her eyebrows and her huge winged eyeliner. She's got ripped denim and black shorts and is so cool. I want to be as cool.

• Options
    Do it, Liiya. Go Manchester Punk.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Einzel wrote: »
    Do it, Liiya. Go Manchester Punk.

My natural look is sickly waif but I'll try!

Edit: I did get a third set of piercings in my ears last week so baby steps

Liiya on
  • Options
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    my hair and beard aren't nearly to Juggernut levels but i really like the newest edition to my sjw collection
    NDJcsZWl.jpg

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    So! I decided tomorrow I'm gonna get my hair just kinda trimmed, shaped up and evened out a bit. Tidied. A big dramatic change in hair style seemed perhaps ill advised just yet. I am gonna have them trim my beard a little for me though.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    my hair and beard aren't nearly to Juggernut levels but i really like the newest edition to my sjw collection
    NDJcsZWl.jpg

Timber Wolf

Nice

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Kadith lookin' fierce with that hair and beard, A+ shirt work

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    NDJcsZWl.jpg

That's a well-trimmed beard. You're making that look work very well.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    NDJcsZWl.jpg

That's a well-trimmed beard. You're making that look work very well.
    I may have shamed myself into cleaning up my beard and hair after wanting to share the t-shirt...

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I can’t get cool. I can’t seem to make clothes work for me.

• Options
    OH GOD NONE OF MY CLOTHES ARE NICE ENOUGH I'M GONNA HAVE A CORONARY UGH

Ok I'm good now. Job interviews, ugh. I'm going with a kind of peach button down, but it's muted and subtle and not too peachy (though it is keen), with khaki slacks and brown loafers, which I am going to have to purchase, as the closest thing to those that I own are some brown leather Converse hightops, which are sick af, but maybe not interview wear.

• Options