As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We've got a few spots filled but I think we still have one opening.

They're filling fast and we're reworking the league so the new people coming in have a much better talent pool to pick from so you aren't staying behind.

Let me know ASAP

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We have one spot open.

We've simplified the keepers and all new teams will be having a draft of 5 rounds from the players on the teams without an owner.

All existing teams are keeping 5 instead of 9 to try and restore competitive balance.

This is a great time to get in.

• Options
    One more bump of this then I give up on finding someone here.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I'll give it a shot. What's the scoring?

• Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I'll give it a shot. What's the scoring?

It's head to head weekly.

Categories are

OBP
    RUNS
    HOME RUNS
    RBI
    SLG
    SB

QUALITY STARTS
    ERA
    WHIP
    SAVES + HOLDS
    K's
    HOME RUNS

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Join the party!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BOSTON (CBS) — In November, MLB opened up an investigation into potential sign stealing by the Houston Astros. The investigation was broad, and it’s now ensnared the Boston Red Sox in controversy.

Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich of The Athletic reported Tuesday that during their historic 2018 regular season, the Red Sox illegally used their video replay room to try to steal opposing team’s sign sequences.

The replay room was designed so that teams could have staff members watch plays closely, to signal to the manager whether or not a play should be challenged. According to the report, some players would walk to that room “during games to learn the sign sequence opponents were using.”

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    i22wdmgb3n9u.png

Oh shit...not again.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    i22wdmgb3n9u.png

Oh shit...not again.

It's REALLY fucking gross.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Could someone be please provide some context, for those of us who are not clued into whatever awful stuff is going on on Twitter?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Aubrey Huff is a far right shithead with a twitter account, so I'm assuming he did/said something stupid and gross, again.

Fuck if I'm actually gonna try and find out what it was though.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    It's bad...

• Options
    Aubrey Huff is an asshole that says a lot dumb stuff on Twitter.

Last time it was teaching his kids to shoot Bernie Sanders at a firing range, and now he's into kidnapping Iranian women or some shit. He's Curt Schilling but dumber somehow.

• Options
    Did they play baseball?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Did they play baseball?

Aubrey Huff? Yes.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Could someone be please provide some context, for those of us who are not clued into whatever awful stuff is going on on Twitter?

The background is covered. I'll spoiler the current BS he started up. It's rape stuff.
    Stupid twitter user: “We should invade Iran and take their bitches. Persian girls are hot af without the headgear and you know they know how to act right,”

Huff replied, “Let’s get a flight over and kidnap about 10 each. We can bring them back here as they fan us and feed us grapes, amongst other things,” :twisted:

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options

• Options
    My girlfriend just texted me his follow up, and I won't link it here, but it contains the word Huffdaddy.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Maximum wrote: »
    My girlfriend just texted me his follow up, and I won't link it here, but it contains the word Huffdaddy.

God dammit. I had to see which got me perusing his Twitter and just... Fuck.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options

Astros just got hammered. Good for them.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Red Sox investigation is also ongoing, wouldn't be shocked at similar punishments

Cora might get worse

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Cora should be fined back to a middle class lifestyle and banned from baseball for life

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I was not expecting that severe a penalty.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So, in Irony Today news, here's my Red Sox calendar for today:

mhwtrny9fqmk.jpg

Fake Edit: HAHAHAH! It's iPhone-assigned name is IMG_0666.jpg. You can't make this shit up, mang.

• Options
    That athletic link is paywalled or pay version of app walled off or something

• Options
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The Judge wrote: »
    I was not expecting that severe a penalty.

After the Red Sox and Yankees stuff with the apple watch in 2017, the teams were told that further infractions involving using technology to steal signs would be much harsher penalties; so MLB HAD to follow through.

edit: Man, Hinch got hosed.

Edit 2: Actually, further reading Hinch himself says he never actually said anything about disapproving, just silently disapproved and broke shit. So I'm back to saying fuck him.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    lol image0.png?width=1011&height=407

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm even more excited to go see Jomboy's show tonight.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    8pdwg5ahyjja.jpeg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    A lot of folks around the league feel the punishment wasn't harsh enough.

• Options
    biafebh11dgb.png

I already hate this guy so much

• Options
    He could have just ordered some grilled chicken...

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    Do Beltran next. Or be the Mets and keep the guy, press conferences will be fun.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    joke going around yesterday that Beltran's punishment is having to work for the Mets

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Maybe Beltran will go with the "Sammy Sosa appearing before Congress" strategy of "No hablo Ingles."

This discussion has been closed.