Options

[Bad Food]: Wherein we discuss what is and is not a sandwich

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Pasta: We don't need no stinking sloga--WAITAMINUUUUUUTE!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Real good
    Has chicken and sausage and bell pepper and onion and shrimp and some gumbo roux poured over top and a bit of cheese

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You get some garlic and you mince it up and you put it on a tortilla with some shredded cheese of your choice and then you grill that shit until the cheese melts. Use a fatty cheese like colby, mozzarella can fuck right off.

Wait, are you cooking the garlic at all before adding it to the cheese? Because it sounds like the garlic is not getting cooked enough to get much flavor/aroma out of it this way.

I usually sweat the cloves before I do anything with them.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I went to Jimmy Johns today and they redesigned their menu. Same stuff, just organized differently.

They put the even numbers on the left and the odds on the right so it reads

#2, #1
    #4, #3

It made it really hard for me to find stuff.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You can just, like, tell them a sandwich to make and they'll make it, or the guy can tell you the closest approximation they have in a cheaper, menu-item sandwich.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Whoever talked up the Subway sweet onion sauce a few months ago, that was a good call.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Real good
    Has chicken and sausage and bell pepper and onion and shrimp and some gumbo roux poured over top and a bit of cheese

I'll take 10!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You can just, like, tell them a sandwich to make and they'll make it, or the guy can tell you the closest approximation they have in a cheaper, menu-item sandwich.

Okay? My point was that the format of the menu was strange and threw me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Whoever talked up the Subway sweet onion sauce a few months ago, that was a good call.

Get it on a meatball sub, trust me. Seems like a weird combo but it rocks.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

I don't think I can bring myself to trust a meatball sub that's not from an Italian place.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ain't no way I'm getting a meatball sub from goddamn Subway

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I don't think I can bring myself to trust a meatball sub that's not from an Italian place.

Wegmans has weirdly good ones.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    ain't no way I'm getting a meatball sub from goddamn Subway

Their meatball sub is very consistent at least, although admittedly it doesn't hold a candle to one from a proper Italian restaurant or sub shop.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Lunch was Sam's club hot dog and drink. Best $1.66 lunch money can buy (that I have access to). And I had just that much food instead of overeating at a buffet like I did every other day this week. So I'm calling today's lunch a win.

destroyah87 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    At the end of this month they will be opening up a Costco within five minutes of where I just moved.

And I am very excited for quick & easy hot-dog combos.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Lunch was Sam's club hot dog and drink. Best $1.66 lunch money can buy. And I had just that much food instead of overeating at a buffet like I did every other day this week. So I'm calling today's lunch a win.

Even when copying Costco I guess Walmart just can't match the price

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Isn't everything at Wegmans weirdly good? I've never lived by one (closest was almost going to SUNY Binghamton, wherein being close to a Wegman's was a major selling point), but from what I've heard on the internet it's the holy grail of supermarkets.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

Isn't everything at Wegmans weirdly good? I've never lived by one (closest was almost going to SUNY Binghamton, wherein being close to a Wegman's was a major selling point), but from what I've heard on the internet it's the holy grail of supermarkets.

Wait was that there the whole time? I had to do my shopping at fucking Wal-Mart!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

It...yeah. I was skeptical until they built one near me but it's enormous and has loads of stuff (although their produce is not the best), and their prepared food options/hot food available in the store are way better than they have any right to be.

It's not unlike Costco.

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

Wait was that there the whole time? I had to do my shopping at fucking Wal-Mart!

There was a ton of construction going on when I was visiting, so it might have been a fairly recent addition to the area, iunno. This was back in 2013.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    last weekend I made some challah

by now it is stale so I turned it into French toast

I don't even like French toast but goddamn if this isn't perfect

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hmm. Yeah that's after I was done I'll choose to believe it wasn't there yet so it wasn't my fault.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wegmans are amazing

I ate Burger King for lunch

The sourdough king whopper was good in a gross greasy way

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have decided to pick up a large Pizza Hut pizza on my way home from work and subsist on it all weekend like a parasitic wasp.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Magnum ice cream bars were half price, they don't carry peanut butter anymore though. =\

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    As I said the last time we were talking about meatball subs and Subway:

"I had one, and it was okay."™

• Options
    93yiel899wfv.png

Well, that's healthier than I was expecting.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    As I said the last time we were talking about meatball subs and Subway:

"I had one, and it was okay."™

They were my go to five dollar footlong back in college.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    93yiel899wfv.png

Well, that's healthier than I was expecting.

Have 2!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2018
    Tonight I ate zebra, among other things.

tynic on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

of all the things in the world I'd never thought I'd ever hear myself think, but

so was it like horse or something else?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I hear zebra is a real health food! Stripes are slimming, you know.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

of all the things in the world I'd never thought I'd ever hear myself think, but

so was it like horse or something else?

It was like a horse, of course of course.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I heard some folks don't like eating zebra.

But they're just a bunch of nay sayers.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Buncha fuckin' dads up in here. And I think only one of us is actually a dad.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Buncha fuckin' dads up in here. And I think only one of us is actually a dad.

My dad joke game has evolved into mom joke barrage

• Options
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm a dad

hi dad I'm hungry.

Wait that's backwards

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Uriel wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm a dad

hi dad I'm hungry.

Wait that's backwards

Go to your room

Edit: no, that's a post!

Edit 2: that's not backwards! !sdrawkcab si sihT

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I'm trying a quarter pounder at one of the McDonald's that has switched over to using fresh beef instead of frozen. I don't know how the experience has been for other people but this is the best sandwich I've ever had from McDonald's. Hot, juicy, really melty cheese, an absolute unit.

jgeis on
This discussion has been closed.