Options

[Bad Food]: Wherein we discuss what is and is not a sandwich

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    breakfast food is great, I just need it to happen at least 3-4 hours after I get up.

for reals

I have occasionally eaten breakfast food for dinner and it is great

Brinner. Its called Brinner.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Going to eat ice cream for breakfast and a denver omelette for dessert.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Like I said, only been once.

But the food looked like it pre-prepared, frozen and then just cooked on site.

Which is totally fine, loads of fast food places do this.

Hooters was just really expensive for what it was

If you think Hooters is expensive you should take a look at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Listen if I want to make and eat pancakes at 10pm, who's going to stop me?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This past week, for breakfast, I have been switching off between corn-flakes with milk and three scrambled eggs with very hot salsa.

Meanwhile lunch has been rather dominated by peanut butter, jelly, banana & honey sandwiches.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I could go for some raisin bran this morning.

Instead

Is that a pickle and mtn. dew? And if so what part of Appalachia are you from?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The best breakfast is whatever the fuck you want to eat in the morning. Putting time constraints on when certain foods are okay to eat is so pointless.
    This is like free verse poetry but for food and its just as dumb

Things need rules damn you

Smash the patriarchy! Stop letting rules rule you when you can determine your own rules!

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    According to my Facebook feed the naked chicken chalupa is back at Taco Bell and this time they have a spicy breaded wild chicken chalupa. For those who can't remember this is the chalupa where the shell is a taco shaped breaded chicken patty.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The best breakfast is leftover Chinese. Indisputable fact.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    The best breakfast is leftover pizza. Indisputable fact.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    The best breakfast is a freshly made cheeseburger. Indisputable fact.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The best breakfast is the one that doesn't require me to cook. Indisputable fact.

• Options
    The best breakfast is cold wild berry pop tarts and an 8th of the cheapest bourbon you can find.

• Options
    The best breakfast is coffee and stimulants

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My breakfast during the week is Chobani flip yogurt and maybe string cheese. I was a bit leery of the Greek yogurt thing after a bad brand experience but they're pretty good other than the peanut butter one.

My breakfast during the weekend is nonexistent or whatever my dad cooks up if I'm over at their place for a visit.

• Options
    65ihlanspkf7.jpg

Breaking in the brand new grocery bag this morning.

• Options
    I'm...not sure you should be putting a bag of shit on your desk.

• Options
    Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do. You're not my Dad!

• Options
    I didn't say not to! I just said I'm not sure you should!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I could go for some raisin bran this morning.

Instead

Is that a pickle and mtn. dew? And if so what part of Appalachia are you from?

That is a pickle and pickle juice over ice

Also, the very very far southern part that looks a lot like Louisiana

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    We have an annual health fair thing at work. They take your blood pressure, prick your finger for you blood sugar, cholesterol etc. Before they do that they ask if you've eaten beforehand. My appt was at 0800.

Nurse - "Have you eaten breakfast?"

Me - "Kinda. Two cups of coffee and 4 ibuprofen...Why are you looking at me like that? "

heyya breakfast buddy!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    on breakfast: I usually just have coffee, maybe a piece of toast, until I've been awake for at least a few hours

I don't want to eat anything substantial before lunchtime, unless I'm actually doing strenuous activity

i.e. in boot camp I ate two bowls of cereal and a pile of hashbrowns and eggs first thing every morning

on breakfast food: it is perfect and beautiful and any country that does not understand it in the way that we do in America (and some other countries, including but not limited to Canada, Mexico, and the entire UK) is a country in which I can never be truly at ease

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Breakfast for me anymore is an apple or something that I can toss in my jacket pocket on the way out the door because I rarely feel like eating anything before nine, but work tends to frown on showing up, then leaving to take a breakfast break a half hour later.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The best breakfast is a freshly made cheeseburger. Indisputable fact.

That depends as some of the best fast food burgers I have had are from 6am but on the other hand
    Pizza and Chinese food are up there

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    It's still two cups of coffee if they're both from a 30oz mug that looks like a beer stein right?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    breakfast food is great, I just need it to happen at least 3-4 hours after I get up.

Hence, brunch, and/or the 24-hour diner.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The best breakfast is whatever the fuck you want to eat in the morning. Putting time constraints on when certain foods are okay to eat is so pointless.
    This is like free verse poetry but for food and its just as dumb

Things need rules damn you

I do what I want.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Free verse poetry is great and so is food categories being freed from the constraints of their "standard" times

• Options
    free verse poetry can be great and also be terrible, just like anything else

I would argue that it's a lot harder to write good free verse but that doesn't really matter that much

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If food is in front of me or prepackaged I will eat it for breakfast.

If I have to actually make it myself, and this includes pouring milk into a bowl of cereal, I will not.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    breakfast burrito.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    If food is in front of me or prepackaged I will eat it for breakfast.

If I have to actually make it myself, and this includes pouring milk into a bowl of cereal, I will not.

Yeah this ends up being a lot of my outlook too. I don't like a lot of breakfast food (specifically, I don't like sweet breakfast food - savory breakfasts are better, but still not my ideal food), and most of the time I'll just drink coffee until noon.

But my roommate really likes breakfast, and likes making breakfast, so a lot of times on the weekends I'll end up eating breakfast anyways, because she's put together a scramble or some egg sandwiches or whatever.

• Options
    the only sweet breakfast I really dig is waffles

the waffle iron I got is one of my best purchases ever

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I want gamjatang for breakfast sometime, not like the first thing you eat in the day breakfast either I mean like a real deal 0700 bigass bowl of gamjatang, I bet I'd have fuckin superpowers

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    breakfast burrito.

Breakfast burrito is anytime burrito.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I cant eat breakfast, I just dont have any appetite when I wake up. I usually wait a few hours, then make something more substantial, usually pasta

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    breakfast burrito.

Breakfast burrito is anytime burrito.

I wish, but my usual place stops making them at 11.
    Fortunately, I do have other options. Just not as convenient and/or cheap.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    @Maximum's bags reminds me. I know a fellow PAXer who knows someone that works for Monsanto, and has acquired reusable grocery bags with their logo on them.

This same fellow PAXer makes a point of shopping at...Whole Foods...Trader Joes...whatever the American organic afluenza grocery is, using these bags.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Breakfast burritos are the only incarnation of burritos I really enjoy.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Breakfast burritos are the only incarnation of burritos I really enjoy.

Only thing I still get from Sonic is their breakfast burritos.

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.