Options

[Bad Food]: Wherein we discuss what is and is not a sandwich

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    last summer I was having 'breakfast' which was really crushed ice, raw cocoa, a spoonful of honey and a quarter cup of skim milk all blended together. It had the nutritional value of a piece of straw but I could at least get a few calories down before leaving for work.

Then my blender broke so now what the fuck do I do.

You can buy Mars bars by the box on Amazon.

shut it with your Mars propaganda, chris

But they're only 260 calories each!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Karl wrote: »
    Have some Cheerios?
    I hate breakfast so powerfully that I really need something I at least moderately enjoy or all I do is chug black coffee and stomp my feet and make angry bear sounds until around 11 a.m.

I feel like Nic is with me here.

Also Cheerios hurt my mouth. Who the fuck invents a genuinely painful cereal, I ask you.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    In the realm of non-solid breakfasts, I'd say cream of wheat is the best one that doesn't require a blender

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i really like eggs, and i really like banana with some sort of cereal so i think i'm generally a big fan of breakfast

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Cheerios are good but nothing will ever top crunchy nut

I mean it will probz give you diabetes though.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    last summer I was having 'breakfast' which was really crushed ice, raw cocoa, a spoonful of honey and a quarter cup of skim milk all blended together. It had the nutritional value of a piece of straw but I could at least get a few calories down before leaving for work.

260 calories of what though

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

last time I had a mars bar it hurt my teeth

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Is the can opener one of those level punches? as that looks like what is left over when you use one

It's one of these:

kitchen-equipment-bottle-can-opener-picture-id513430756

It's called different things so I really have no idea what it's really called

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    At least we aren't opening tins with baffling keys anymore.

Still can't figure out how that shit works and I've had one available to me to test with.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    also i bought some frozen xioa long bao and i pan fried them for dinner and they were excellent

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Have some Cheerios?
    I hate breakfast so powerfully that I really need something I at least moderately enjoy or all I do is chug black coffee and stomp my feet and make angry bear sounds until around 11 a.m.

I feel like Nic is with me here.

Also Cheerios hurt my mouth. Who the fuck invents a genuinely painful cereal, I ask you.

Captian Crunch has made that its selling point

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Cinnamon toast crunch is the supreme breakfast cereal anyway

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Is the can opener one of those level punches? as that looks like what is left over when you use one

It's one of these:

kitchen-equipment-bottle-can-opener-picture-id513430756

It's called different things so I really have no idea what it's really called
    I mean, I just call it a can opener.

sig.gif
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    At least we aren't opening tins with baffling keys anymore.

Still can't figure out how that shit works and I've had one available to me to test with.

Opening the spam can is akin to peeling an orange or skinning an apple in one go.

If you don't get it in one try you feel like you dissapointed the universe.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    actually while I'm here, you know what really grinds my guts? Muesli which has pictures of pawpaw and apple and fancy fruits on the front but when you pour it out it's like 90% oats with three raisins.

fucking liars.

http://www.perfectstrangers.tv/episodeguide32.htm ?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Balki and I have a deep spiritual understanding.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    jgeis wrote: »
    I am coming around to thinking a properly baked potato (jacket potato for some) is the best form of potato. Lightly oiled and salted before being thrown into the oven until it's nice and soft, then lightly mashed in the skin with some butter and topped with a nice dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of a good sharp cheddar, and some chives. A great contrast between the creamy, rich center and the crisp, salty skin. I personally like to drizzle a little bit of A1 sauce on there too.

Twice baked potatoes say you are wrong.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I made a key lime cheesecake. I know exactly how much sugar and fat is in a cheesecake now, yikes.

uMqi1JYl.jpg

Extreme graham cracker crust close up (I made my own graham crackers)
    04KSk91l.jpg

With strawberries nom
    P7R2jhbl.jpg

Best cheesecake I have ever made was a beer cheesecake. I used a bottle of Terrapin's Guano Loco. It was the most savory, thick, and heavy cheesecake I have ever had.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    hooters huh

Hooters....is not good food.

If your going to a place like hooters, Tilted Kilt at least has decent food and fairly reasonable prices.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Like I said, only been once.

But the food looked like it pre-prepared, frozen and then just cooked on site.

Which is totally fine, loads of fast food places do this.

Hooters was just really expensive for what it was

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    also i bought some frozen xioa long bao and i pan fried them for dinner and they were excellent

You sure it wasn't sheng jian bao? I would have thought frying xiao long bao would be hazardous to the soup inside, though admittedly I've never tried it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've never been able to photograph the cheesecakes I make. They are always consumed before photos will develop.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I've never been able to photograph the cheesecakes I make. They are always consumed before photos will develop.

You shouldnt eat film

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Lalabox wrote: »

You sure it wasn't sheng jian bao? I would have thought frying xiao long bao would be hazardous to the soup inside, though admittedly I've never tried it.

if you did it from frozen , and had enough oil, I can see it kind of working, but it's a dicey proposition. I've also never heard of xiao long bao that weren't steamed, probably for exactly that reason.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I am not seeing the problem here.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Skip breakfast like an adult.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I could go for some raisin bran this morning.

Instead

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    We have an annual health fair thing at work. They take your blood pressure, prick your finger for you blood sugar, cholesterol etc. Before they do that they ask if you've eaten beforehand. My appt was at 0800.

Nurse - "Have you eaten breakfast?"

Me - "Kinda. Two cups of coffee and 4 ibuprofen...Why are you looking at me like that? "

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I could eat a whole jar of pickles in a sitting.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    hooters huh

I know I've shared the story before of how my coworker had a birthday party at Hooters, and due to babysitter failures I had to bring my 2-year-old son along. He got soooo much attention from the waitstaff it was hilarious. Need more milk? Coming right up! Oh, he loves fresh fruit? Here's a bowlful! And of course DS got to dance with all of them. Come to think of it, I'm not sure they charged us for anything he ate.

So now I have an awesome story to share on his graduation day, of the time when he got more action when he was 2, than he'll get the rest of his life. :biggrin:

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You non breakfast eaters confuse me. All the best foods are breakfast foods! Waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, bagels, cereal, it's the best.

Lunch is for suckers though, lunch is just a shitty version of dinner. The only good lunch food in existence is a deli sandwich.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    You non breakfast eaters confuse me. All the best foods are breakfast foods! Waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, bagels, cereal, it's the best.

Lunch is for suckers though, lunch is just a shitty version of dinner. The only good lunch food in existence is a deli sandwich.

I agree with you.

My stomach is much too sensitive in the morning to actually eat.

I need a good like 45+ minutes before it settles enough to get things down outside of a slice of toast or something. Even that is meh, I don't really fell great after. So you would think "oh bowen you should just get up an hour early so you have plenty of time to eat breakfast" to which I respond "nou" and hit snooze on my phone again.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    f
    bowen wrote: »
    I could eat a whole jar of pickles in a sitting.

Agree...Although it would depend on the type of pickles. The cheapest offbrand Hamburger pickles, I can eat a whole jar. but fancy pickles...not too interested. its weird.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    breakfast food is great, I just need it to happen at least 3-4 hours after I get up.

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular

Here's the thing though: All of the foods you listed are delicious at any time of the day. Bacon and eggs for lunch, pancakes for dinner, why not? And likewise, many lunch and dinner foods make great breakfasts. Pho is a breakfast food in Vietnam, we're just dumb for eating it for lunch. Free your mind of these artificial time constraints.

• Options
    breakfast food is great, I just need it to happen at least 3-4 hours after I get up.

for reals

I have occasionally eaten breakfast food for dinner and it is great

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »

Here's the thing though: All of the foods you listed are delicious at any time of the day. Bacon and eggs for lunch, pancakes for dinner, why not? And likewise, many lunch and dinner foods make great breakfasts. Pho is a breakfast food in Vietnam, we're just dumb for eating it for lunch. Free your mind of these artificial time constraints.

Cooking for myself yeah but if I want to grab a bagel with egg and cheese I gotta get that shit before 10:30! It's a travesty.

• Options
    I used to be a non breakfast person

But now I need to eat something within an hour of getting up or I get really hangry

My morning routine has me showered, dressed, eaten and out the door in 30 minutes.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The best breakfast is whatever the fuck you want to eat in the morning. Putting time constraints on when certain foods are okay to eat is so pointless.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The best breakfast is whatever the fuck you want to eat in the morning. Putting time constraints on when certain foods are okay to eat is so pointless.
    This is like free verse poetry but for food and its just as dumb

Things need rules damn you

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.