[Star Wars: Legion] Begun the Clone Wars have.

12346»

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Seventh Legion is the best Clone legion not the 501st. Sadly it's a grey on white scheme, so not very eye-catching.

I like the Coruscant Guard colors though. Bold Imperial Guard red on white.

Edit: 21st Nova Corps is decent with that plum color. Also they get to kill Ki Adi Mundi, so you have that to look forward to.

Nealneal on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Nealneal wrote: »
    21st Nova Corps is decent with that plum color. Also they get to kill Ki Adi Mundi, so you have that to look forward to.

Oh yeah, the conehead jedi. Even Google knows it to be true.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    104th battalion, the Wolfpack, Plo's Bros.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Everything that everyone has mentioned is super cool and honestly I still have no idea. Kinda leaning 501st because then I can run Anakin and Ahsoka and Rex and have everything be nice and canon (ish, I know 2/3 of those aren't out yet).
    Also Blue and White is a great Scheme.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    Lind
    Cross posting from the painting thread, the models are nice than I expected. Going 501st I think.
    Still not sure what I'm going to do with the basing.
    1QayBOI.jpg?1

H3KnuckleshonovereA Dabble Of TheloniuscrimsoncoyoteDayspringLindIanator
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Coming over to this from Warhammer can I get some general thoughts on the game? Can I expect the same...shortsightedness I've seen with other FFG stuff?

Their Star Wars games are their best supported games, imo. Not sure if you had any specific concerns in mind.
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I've also been eyeing this up. I do have a question I can't find a clear answer to, are the clone wars units balanced for play against the original series stuff? I.e Can I play separatists against Galatic Empire for example? Common sense would say yes, but it's always best to check.

Yes

Destiny, prior to its inglorious demise, was plagued by constant production issues and suffered from fairly persistent poor design choices.

When I found out X wing was really being ran by two people. the supply issues {their bizarre answer to someone pointing out how they could bring the manufacturing to the US, They showed how they saved about a nickel making the ships in china compared to setting up the factory and making them in the US} Along with it was just boring after a bit to play VS games no way to mix it up no campaigns no missions really was the last thing that caused to me to stop playing. I still have the ships just the desire to play is not there

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Just had the civil war starter box arrive. With what I own added to the starter I'm a corps choice to two away from 800 points on the rebel side. Time to start building up the Imperials I think.

Lind
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    The dark side leads to many thread resurrection powers some consider unnatural...

So stock is starting for trickle in for this a bit better now, and lockdown has given me a lot of free time, so I now have 800 of points or rebels and imperials for this, despite never having playing a game outside of tabletop sim...

LindcrimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    https://www.atomicmassgames.com/special-announcement

So X-Wing, Armada, and Legion are being moved from FFG to Atomic Mass Games. Not sure if this changes anything.

oh h*ck
    It will be interesting to see! Initially I assumed the biggest change would be a different logo on the box as they have the same parent company, but apparently the lead rules dev has been fired??? Which is a bit more drastic than I expected. Marvel: Crisis Protocol is a good game though, so I don't expect a massive drop in quality, but there might be teething issues.

On a happier note, I played a game for the first time in yonks since lockdown ended! I had managed to get Anakin painted, so it was time for a fun themey game of General Skywalker does warcrimes (again). This time totally reneging on a hostage exchange.

My List was:
    796/800
    Anakin Skywalker (Force Choke, Force Push, Tenacity, Offensive Stance)
    Padme Amidala (Seize the Initiative)
    Phase I Clone Troopers
    Phase I Clone Troopers
    Phase II Clone Troopers (Z-6 Phase II Trooper)
    Phase II Clone Troopers (Phase II Mortar Trooper)
    Arc Troopers (Strike Team) (DC-15x ARC Trooper)
    Arc Troopers (DC-15x ARC Trooper)
    AT-RT (AT-RT Laser Cannon)

Commands:
    Our Fate is in Your Hands (1), This Is Where the Fun Begins (1), Aggressive Negotiations (2), You Underestimate My Power (2), Hero of the Clone Wars (3), Assault (3), Standing Orders (4)

Deployments: Roll Out, Danger Close, The Long March, Major Offensive
    Objectives: Hostage Exchange, Payload, Intercept the Transmissions, Key Positions
    Conditions: Rapid Reinforcements, Limited Visibility, Clear Conditions, Supply Drop

Basically I was running everything new! They only thing in the list I'd used before was Phase 1 clones, and even they were the 2 units I have that hadn't hit the table.

We ended up with Hostage Exchange, Roll Out and Supply Drop. I forced Hostage Exchange with both my vetos because I figured that the objectives would be concentrated in a small area of the battlefield, all the better for Anakin to Rampage around

DKeuvCB.jpg
    Oh boy! Here I go killing again!

Turn 1 had the awkward shuffle of hostage units past eachother while the rest of the armies positioned and some units opened up. Anakin copped a bit of fire because I stuck him up the front to feed tokens to the Retreating phase 2s rescuing the senator. Round 2 was when things kicked really off. I played 'This is where the fun begins!' and also popped Padmes Sieze the initiative to give orders to both Anakin and the hostage unit. I won the roll off vs Cad Banes 1 pip, and Anakin Force Pushed the B2s trying to retreat with the hostage into his waiting arms and lightsabred all bar 1 to pieces. This included choking the leader to put a wound on it, thus meaning it had to take the next wound, die and drop the hostage. This meant that rather than piss-bolting, the lone B2 had to pick up the hostage instead of desperately fleeing. My next activation was to retreat my hostage unit, which meant I had both hostages on my side of the ruined AT-AT. Sure, the b2 technically held its hostage, but it was in combat with Anakin ...

or at least it was until the commando Droids moved up and gassed everyone! It hit the Commando Droids who threw the bomb and killed 3 of them, the B2 (even with armour) and caused no wounds on any of my stuff despite hitting Anakin, Padme and 3 Squads of clones. This ended up actually being VERY GOOD for the separatists, as they then poured as much fire as possible into Anakin, Cad Bane finally bringing him down. Then next round saw me to continue to evacuate my Hostage and a I threw a fresh unit of Clones into the other hostage and managed to get them back towards my DZ. Padmes
    cards proved great for getting them out of dodge. In the end it came down to whether I could hold on the them, and the answer was yes. A solid effort by the AAT and Droidekas left me only holding one at the end of the game, but that was enough for victory, my clones holding the line and mowing down Battle Droids by the dozen. Padme even killed Cad Bane (who had been reduced to a single wound by a volley of disturbingly accurate ARC Trooper fire) by a combo of Quick Thinking and Standby. Great game, but one I was in control of most of the time as it was a mission and deployment and terrain that really favoured me, but I did force the mission to I can kinda cl;aim it went to plan!
    More pics below
    tabGC00.jpg

13PYBHB.jpg

aX7tq8O.jpg

2hXYHfy.jpg

ZFCHzQn.jpg

Th81ZvX.jpg

DayspringIanatorNipsH3KnucklescrimsoncoyoteSharp101Draeven