[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I have literal one mercenary left on a node in the raid and out of energy atm. I didn't realize how much damage the snipers can do. It's the ultimate standoff between the avengers and some dude

initiatefailure on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I have literal one mercenary left on a node in the raid and out of energy atm. I didn't realize how much damage the snipers can do. It's the ultimate standoff between the avengers and some dude

I took care of him, lol. You should only need to take care of the node to your left now.

Oh hey, I just got my tenth anniversary badge on the forums. Time flies.

Ceno on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I feel like I'm hitting a choke point in the campaign
    I keep leveling up but I don't have any of the ability cube... triangle... things to put into my attacks, and the only way I can get them is by doing challenges which require me to have characters I don't have, or just spend money and hope to get some in an orb

Grind your gear mats when you don’t have anything else to do. You can auto-win missions so it takes no time at all to blow campaign energy.
    I 100% do not understand power levels. My high 9000 team fighting a 6000 team with almost the same characters and I just get rocked while barely scratching the others.

Strategy is key. The energy limit makes healers useless against high single target damage teams. Nuke your tanks first because they’re going to taunt turn one anyway, then healers, then pick off the highest damage toons left. Generally that works out. Characters like Quake or Black Widow need to go ASAP due to status effects. If you’re having issues following this strategy, check your team comp. You need a tank with taunt. Hulk, Cap, Crossbones, Luke. Don’t underestimate defense up on Luke because that shit severely reduces damage. If you’re finding yourself having trouble with one character, stun ‘em. Black Widow ability 3 or Spider-Man ability 3. Oh and if you’re getting boned by status effects, make sure you have a status clear. Yondu, Jessica, Cap, Hawkeye all can clear positive status effects.

I can generally take out one damage dealer before the tank taunts...

That will be a less viable strat as you rank up. At rank 52 with a team power of 45k, everyone has enough health that it’s hard to nuke someone in blitz or arena before a taunt rolls up. Crossbones and Cap are fast enough that not enough of my team can act before taunt.

Lord help you if you’re up against a high power black widow and cap.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    as much as i love iconic marvel character shield medic, they might be getting the boot in my heart for that new hotness, hand sentry. he throws smoke bombs and, also, he's a goon

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Is Night Nurse any good? I wouldn't mind a healer who isn't a nameless mook.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

actually, it owns to beat the shit out of superheroes with nameless mooks

liEt3nH.png
    Why does my name have an avengers A next to it? I've seen some with other symbols too or without them. I never set that

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Night Nurse seems extremely good, the main problem being that her group heal starts with 0/4 energy

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Why does my name have an avengers A next to it? I've seen some with other symbols too or without them. I never set that

It's because that's the symbol of the alliance

Dedwrekka on
    I’ve been strutting around thinking the level cap was 50 and proud of myself for how much progress I’m making.

Turns out it’s 80.

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    So for raids, are we only able to progress on/complete whichever row we pick at the beginning?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    At level 26 now and I'm definitely starting to feel it slow down to where I need to do a bunch of material and character farming to progress any further

Lou29 wrote: »
    So for raids, are we only able to progress on/complete whichever row we pick at the beginning?

In level 25 raids there's only three lanes and you can only fight people in your lane. In lvl 30+ raids it's laid out in a slightly maze like structure and you can only fight anything "in front of" you on whichever line you're on.

shield medic wakes up in the morning and thinks to herself "I'm going to shoot an evil Captain America in the face with a gun"

liEt3nH.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

actually, it owns to beat the shit out of superheroes with nameless mooks

Guys I found the member of Hydra in our midst

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    i joined the west coast alliance, as Needles!
    hopefully i replace my Good Charger again soon so i can play games on my phone properly

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Lou29 wrote: »

In level 25 raids there's only three lanes and you can only fight people in your lane. In lvl 30+ raids it's laid out in a slightly maze like structure and you can only fight anything "in front of" you on whichever line you're on.

So don't jump ahead of someone's row on a level 25 raid. I'm looking at you Blank! I only had that last spot! I was just waiting for energy!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Seems like the path only goes forward on the 8 person ones and the 3 person ones just have separate paths.

also, i was 1 shard short on yondu after the blitz, so i got that this morning and holy crap yondu is great.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    shield medic wakes up in the morning and thinks to herself "I'm going to shoot an evil Captain America in the face with a gun"

I'll not lie, there is more than a little glee when my SHIELD Medic takes the last shot on some named hero/villain and takes them out of play.
    Sure, you've just been shot a half dozen times by The Punisher and Spider-Man's tap danced all over your face, but it's the medic's tiny gun that sealed the deal.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It's an icer from AOS too! It isn't even lethal!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    anybody know how status evade or dodge chance % interacts with accuracy? does stuff like daredevil's 200% accuracy halve dodge chance?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Hydra scientist's gun does amazing damage when you level it

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    My Hydra sorceress does pretty impressive damage too

My Hydra sorceress does pretty impressive damage too

hydra sorceress?

f2ojmwh3geue.png

centi please respect the choices these goons have made regarding the villainous organizations they've decided to pledge their lives to. they may not have names, but they do have uniforms.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    edited April 2018
    hello it is I, mercenary lieutenant.

also what are people doing with the various currencies?
    I blew a ton of blitz ones on the random orb and just was told i should probably try to farm gamora. I haven't used any arena or raid currency yet though

initiatefailure on
    I just blew all my blitz stuff on gamora, luke cage, and then a buncha randoms because why not

is there anything honestly worth saving up for, aside from repeatedly buying exactly what you want until you unlock/upgrade a character? there don't seem to be any big payday orbs anywhere, but i don't even know the odds on premium orbs or whatever

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    edited April 2018
    Most of my power cores have been spent on energy recharges, honestly. Just to finish off a raid or something like that. Haven’t bought any orbs. I also used cores to buy one of those offers they had for a bunch of leveling material early on. I’m spending blitz bucks on Spider-Man and arena bucks on Quake. I’ll probably spend raid bucks on Thor, but all that stuff is so expensive I haven’t really done much with it yet.

Ceno on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Gamora is a good pick because there's a Cosmic campaign at level 45 and you need at least three characters with Cosmic as a keyword to do it, and there aren't a lot of quality options out there that are real easy to pick up. Like, right now I have a pretty solidly leveled Nebula and a Yondu, and by the time I hit 45 I should probably have Gamora and...that's still probably gonna be a tall order.

All my blitz stuff has been going to Gamora, yeah

Both her attack skills fill her speed meter 100% on kills, and she seems like a great all around DPS

As much as I love Spider-Man, he seems of limited use here

He's not an Avenger, so Cap and Black Widow can't buff him, the only real synergy he has is with Punisher and Jessica Jones?

But really, it just comes down to Daredevil doing a lot of what he does but way better

Power Cores go into buying campaign energy about twice a day. Between raids, milestones, dailies, and other free sources this seems pretty stable without having to buy cores.
    Orbs just don't seem worth it to buy with power cores. 450 for a premium orb works out to like 90 attempts at shards in the campaign.

Raid currency goes into Thor, Blitz goes into Gamora, Arena goes into Quake or Drax.

Every game like this with character shard style collection makes orbs not worth it, because you want your characters to eventually rank up as much as possible, which means you want as many shards as possible. If you've got a character whose shards are mostly from orbs, they're going to sit there falling behind unless you sunk cost fallacy and buy more orbs

liEt3nH.png
    I envy those of you who decide which characters you want and then diligently put shards toward them without getting sidetracked

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    edited April 2018
    I feel like everyone is sleeping on Jessica Jones because she seems secretly amazing?

Maddoc on
    i think jessica depends heavily on debuff teams being popular, her damage seems pretty lousy

liEt3nH.png
    edited April 2018
    Her damage isn't great, but her basic attack can restore multiple energy; eventually she can attack up to three times and each time there's a chance to restore energy to an ally

She also clears debuffs off your team(which also gives energy), and buffs off enemies(no energy restore here, but you can't have it all)

Maddoc on
    Oh I hadn't updated her basic attack enough to see how much energy it restored

Might be alright then

liEt3nH.png
    With how solid Daredevil and Iron Fist are, and Luke Cage is definitely competent if not particularly amazing, I could totally see myself running an entire Defenders team

Speaking of

How did they fuck up by not making Night Nurse based on Rosario Dawson

They clearly went Netflix with the Defenders, so that one feels really egregious