As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Seriously. They're the meanest corgi and wiener dog I've ever met. But they weren't vicious. They stopped advancing when I shouted "NO! YOU BE GOOD!" in my command voice. (Unlike the nasty little jack russels that used to live two doors down and tried to kill my childhood dog.)

It's pretty obvious they're just stressed out, poorly socialized, and trying to establish territory. A good fence, or walks instead of yard time would completely solve the problem. And be way safer for the dogs.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    jack russels can be total psychos yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    There had to be something else going on with those guys. Any time they saw another dog (or stranger) they completely flipped out, snarling and barking and practically foaming at the mouth trying to maul them. When they got out and went after my childhood dog, Jet, they actually circled us and lunged at his underbelly. I kicked the one that lunged without thinking, and he went flying into his friend like eight feet away. When the owners finally grabbed their dogs, the dad nodded at me and said "good kick."

(I was really don't think I hurt the dog that badly, because it didn't yelp when I kicked it, when it hit the other dog, or when it's owner grabbed it around it's waste and picked it up.)

They were aptly named "Sugar" and "Cupcake."

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    They're likely not socialized with other dogs.

Dogs can get territorial.

No need to defend your actions against mean dogs. I am in love with dogs and I've definitely had to do similar things in the past with dogs that aren't well behaved. I would hope most of us would understand dogs lunging in attack mode probably need to get kicked back or swatted away. They can do serious damage to even the biggest person. I've seen a small dog maul someone's face and they nearly lost their eye because of it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sometimes dogs need to be told with emphasis. The good ones only need to be told once. Rather like some people really.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    9gJjzFfl.jpg

I told him with emphasis that he is a good boy

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    teeny poppers are six weeks old

bixzilitscf1.jpg
    p21v2954mflk.jpg
    v3qf5i0kksca.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THE LITTLE TOE BEANS

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    OMG such cute little teeners that are going to be such cute biiiiiiig doggos.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Bernese puppies look so unimpressed.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    teeny poppers are six weeks old

bixzilitscf1.jpg
    p21v2954mflk.jpg
    v3qf5i0kksca.jpg

I would have a very hard time remembering that these dogs will become gigantors and I would just adopt them all because they are adorable floofs

• Options
    I thought Gaston was sad as a puppy but they grow up to be dumb idiots, they're just sad as puppies because they don't know how stupid they are yet

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I love how serious they look before they learn to smile. This world is not impressive to a Berner pup.

tynic on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I thought Gaston was sad as a puppy but they grow up to be dumb idiots, they're just sad as puppies because they don't know how stupid they are yet
    So Berners have the Simpson gene?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »
    So Berners have the Simpson gene?

I'm unhappy about the implicit lionisation of the police in the below graphic, but they've got Berners dead to rights

9j44c06mjtrj.jpg

• Options
    Gaston has mostly stopped eating shoes but will occasionally move them from place to place.

• Options
    My beagle I feel out of spite preferred my transformers but she loved stealing socks.

Lola prefers my moms shoes though she has stopped recently .

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Last night our smoke alarm went off randomly in the middle of the night (one loud beep, then it stopped. nothing caused it), and Rex, having never heard the smoke alarm before, decided he had to leap into action by knocking over the hamper, grabbing a couple of t-shirts, and bringing them onto my bed, sitting on my wife's head, and trying to cover himself with the shirts.

It was the most equally stupid and adorable thing I've ever seen. I couldn't even be mad.

The doofus, for illustrative purposes:

xsp6tz3z41mm.jpg

minor incident on
  • Options
    Mabel went through a very destructive shoe phase but grew out of it quickly.
    Uschi has eaten 12 pairs of glasses/sunglasses and five remotes, and shows no sign of slowing down. Because he has to be different.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Oh yeah, sunglasses and car keys are the reason my wife and I refer to any horizontal surface less than 4 feet off the ground as "The Rex Zone".

minor incident on
  • Options
    Gaston has only eaten one pair of sunglasses and it was in retaliation for a transphobic comment.

• Options
    That seems fair.

• Options
    Yeah the exchange went
    Them: "Oh look at this silly pup, he has inadvertently stolen my sunglasses and eaten them because he doesn't understand property"
    Gaston: "Fix your heart or die"

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I love the curly hairdo that one berner pup has

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Finally we can answer the age-old question of "What's In The Box?!"

HZTLP3Pl.jpg

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    That doesnt seem worth killing a suspect in custody

• Options
    The suspect was kevin spacey so

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    v4puv8a.jpg?1

THE thousand injuries of Fortunato I had borne as I best could, but when he ventured upon insult I vowed revenge...

• Options
    Update: teeny poppers have been described as "thuggish" by breeder. Nobody knows exactly what this means.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Update: teeny poppers have been described as "thuggish" by breeder. Nobody knows exactly what this means.

it's just dogwhistle language

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mabel went through a very destructive shoe phase but grew out of it quickly.
    Uschi has eaten 12 pairs of glasses/sunglasses and five remotes, and shows no sign of slowing down. Because he has to be different.

Didn't one of them eat a live bird?

• Options
    Haechi boy took out every single one of his toys last night but refused to play with anything but one single tennis ball.

Dogs, man.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Haechi boy took out every single one of his toys last night but refused to play with anything but one single tennis ball.

Dogs, man.

This is like when Rex, with 6 or 7 various squeeky balls and rubber bones scattered about the living room floor, suddenly realizes ONE of his balls has rolled under the couch and he throws an absolute fit until one of us helps him retrieve it.

He then, of course, just drops it on the pile of other toys and lays down contentedly, like a dragon hording so much gold.

• Options
    Last christmas we tried to blow Uschi's tiny mind by presenting him with a basket of identical clones of his favourite toy. We thought he'd get really excited, like when you give a lab a basket of tennis balls.

Instead he got confused, and then upset, and then chose one out of all of them and hid under the bed with it. My father has had to dole them out slowly over the year as he gradually kills the squeaker in each one.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Wife and I adopted a three-month pupper from rescue, a German Shepherd with some Husky. Got him home Friday and have been having amazing times!

And learning so much about housebreaking! First dog for me since I was a young lad.

Name is Java and he is good boy.

IMG_1295.JPG?raw=1

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    look at those paws!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    he looks like an adorable little hyena

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Wife and I adopted a three-month pupper from rescue, a German Shepherd with some Husky. Got him home Friday and have been having amazing times!

And learning so much about housebreaking! First dog for me since I was a young lad.

Name is Java and he is good boy.

IMG_1295.JPG?raw=1

I hope you have a good fence and a lot of patience! That bundle of cute trouble will be worth it if you can make it through the teenage crazies!

• Options
    That smiiiiile!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Meanwhile, my boy's doing a hardcore Grande Odalisque impression

W4lwYkDl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg