As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    ok yeah, it was the one I was thinking of in the mindlab that I was missing. Got all 45 shootables now, feelz good. now to get all of the override thingies

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Blackout really feels like it varies based on the strike. Did the Norkis strike a couple times yesterday and it was okay if people focused on add waves. The one guy who kept burst DPS-ing the boss while ignoring adds? Well ultimately that problem took care of itself as he'd die around ten seconds after the adds spawned in.

That said Exodus Crash can fuck right the hell off with that modifier.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    savathun's song is pretty brutal at the end with it but if you are patient it's manageable

that EDZ blight one us just fuck off obnoxious at the final fight with instakill modifiers

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Blackout is definitely really stupid on some of the strikes. Exodus Crash is basically undoable with it.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Blackout is definitely really stupid on some of the strikes. Exodus Crash is basically undoable with it.

I said this last week when it was solar singe and blackout. Exodus Crash is ridiculous with those modifiers.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    savathun's song is pretty brutal at the end with it but if you are patient it's manageable

that EDZ blight one us just fuck off obnoxious at the final fight with instakill modifiers

I did both of those with blackout and I definitely agree on Song. Don't know about the blight one because the other two fellows were on the ball and Mr "He Has a Tether Move?" didn't last more than twenty seconds. Showed up and got roasted because he isn't a cheap inviso/imunne fuck face.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    ok yeah, it was the one I was thinking of in the mindlab that I was missing. Got all 45 shootables now, feelz good. now to get all of the override thingies

Spoiler for the Warmind quest-line related to the override prisms just as a heads-up before you go HAM on collecting them.
    One of the quest steps is to open 15 of the override prisms, which isn't super arduous or anything but if you can knock out the steps before that one then you don't have to collect 80 stems again for it once you get there.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is there a cap on the stem thingies? like with paradox amplifiers and whatnot for the prophecy weapons where i could only hold 20 at a time or whatever?

• Options

Spoiler for the Warmind quest-line related to the override prisms just as a heads-up before you go HAM on collecting them.
    One of the quest steps is to open 15 of the override prisms, which isn't super arduous or anything but if you can knock out the steps before that one then you don't have to collect 80 stems again for it once you get there.
    oh dope ok, that's cool then. I'll just get the stems.

My current warmind quest is to do 5 of the heroic strikes and it's supposedly bugged in its counter or something???

• Options
    is there a cap on the stem thingies? like with paradox amplifiers and whatnot for the prophecy weapons where i could only hold 20 at a time or whatever?

there's definitely a cap on 1 override function but I don't know about stems

• Options

My current warmind quest is to do 5 of the heroic strikes and it's supposedly bugged in its counter or something???

Pretend to be a casual noob and do not open the menu at any point until fully loaded in. Just open the director, select the heroic strike list, make sure it doesn't list a specific strike and start the mission. Then put the controller down until you're fully loaded in.

• Options

Pretend to be a casual noob and do not open the menu at any point until fully loaded in. Just open the director, select the heroic strike list, make sure it doesn't list a specific strike and start the mission. Then put the controller down until you're fully loaded in.

i am in and out of my menu constantly

the only trigger seems to be seeing the name of the strike, and canceling when you do is the fix

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Blackout really feels like it varies based on the strike. Did the Norkis strike a couple times yesterday and it was okay if people focused on add waves. The one guy who kept burst DPS-ing the boss while ignoring adds? Well ultimately that problem took care of itself as he'd die around ten seconds after the adds spawned in.

Yesterday I did: Savathun's Song, Nokris, Pyramidion, Arms Dealer, and Inverted Spire

Initially I thought Blackout was going to be a nightmare, but I found it pretty fun

Nokris was the hardest with the waves of thrall that could sneak around the rocks, but with some teamwork we got through it with just one wipe

Now, disclaimer, this is with 3 friends in party chat, I would imagine the fun factor going way down with randos

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I had the dynamo approach arc glitch, where I had the override function for it but it wasn't appearing during play. Either that, or the chest is invisible to any alt character you play after getting an override on the main.

Point is, I had the override proc when i was playing warlock and had both the override plus 4 stems in inventory. Played for 4-6 hours over the weekend on my Hunter and even after finishing the new campaign on hunter i never got any more stems. So you can have at least 1 override and four stems in inventory, but I'm pretty sure no more than 1 override.

And either it glitched, or you cannot see the node for your override key on any character other than the one that procced it off the stems.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options

Yesterday I did: Savathun's Song, Nokris, Pyramidion, Arms Dealer, and Inverted Spire

Initially I thought Blackout was going to be a nightmare, but I found it pretty fun

Nokris was the hardest with the waves of thrall that could sneak around the rocks, but with some teamwork we got through it with just one wipe

Now, disclaimer, this is with 3 friends in party chat, I would imagine the fun factor going way down with randos

the fun factor goes way down with randos

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I did Savathun's Strike with randos 3 times, two of those were very successful, but I could easily have just gotten lucky with the randos I got.

• Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    I had the dynamo approach arc glitch, where I had the override function for it but it wasn't appearing during play. Either that, or the chest is invisible to any alt character you play after getting an override on the main.

Point is, I had the override proc when i was playing warlock and had both the override plus 4 stems in inventory. Played for 4-6 hours over the weekend on my Hunter and even after finishing the new campaign on hunter i never got any more stems. So you can have at least 1 override and four stems in inventory, but I'm pretty sure no more than 1 override.

And either it glitched, or you cannot see the node for your override key on any character other than the one that procced it off the stems.

i have 26 stems currently

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

I didn't mind blackout on any strike outside of Exodus Crash. In fact, I kind of like it in Hive strikes.

But that Exodus Crash final boss fight with blackout and solar singe is just the worst thing I've ever experiencedin any destiny .

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, I mean, fuck Exodus Crash like no matter what the modifiers are

Just delete that strike, or completely rework the end

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I kind of like the encounter in the middle-ish of Exodus Crash where you defend the platform but the strike is way long compared to other strikes and the boss fight is just a mess. If it worked like the Arms Dealer strike, where you'd get DPS phases against the boss followed by periods where he goes invisible (maybe occasionally appearing to melee you) but you could deactivate his invisibility using some of the equipment around the arena it'd be fine. Or if he just had 3 well-defined dps/invis/add wave/re-appear cycles. Instead he just pops in and out with either really variable or very low damage thresholds and the amount of time he stays gone seems completely random.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Do planetary vendor, gunsmith, and vanguard/crucible vendors max at 340 now? I'm sitting on a few thousand gunsmith mats and I figure I'm long overdue for turning them in, or turn in 1000 and save the rest for the next DLC, if only for chances at masterwork cores for guns I don't want and mods to build more +5's.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I mean, fuck Exodus Crash like no matter what the modifiers are

Just delete that strike, or completely rework the end

Just removing his invulnerability trigger would go a long way to making it better and at least letting tactics have some influence on the strike. Also cut down on those feel bad moments of "super-oh he just went invulnerable"

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Sleeper PSA:
    Remember to keep an IKELOS weapon equipped to receive credit from heroic strikes and level 1 Escalation Protocol completions.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Do planetary vendor, gunsmith, and vanguard/crucible vendors max at 340 now? I'm sitting on a few thousand gunsmith mats and I figure I'm long overdue for turning them in, or turn in 1000 and save the rest for the next DLC, if only for chances at masterwork cores for guns I don't want and mods to build more +5's.

The soft cap is 340, once you get above 345 base (350 w/ mods) they'll start going up again. For instance at 364 power (with mods) on my Warlock the engrams are rolling at 354 base.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options

they don't max at 340, but they will be 340 until you hit 351 and then they will scale up like regular legendaries do

• Options

They're given at 10 LLs below the average LL of the highest items you can equip in each slot. Useful for catching up low slots or new pieces.

• Options
    so they're good for catching your gear up to your level, but not for advancing your level

• Options

the only trigger seems to be seeing the name of the strike, and canceling when you do is the fix

i just did one where i didn't open the menu, there was no name of the strike, and it did not count. super super super cool

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Sleeper PSA:
    Remember to keep an IKELOS weapon equipped to receive credit from heroic strikes and level 1 Escalation Protocol completions.

Oh god damn it

• Options

i just did one where i didn't open the menu, there was no name of the strike, and it did not count. super super super cool

well that sucks

• Options
    Oh yeah, also that.

• Options
    I'd read about needing and IKELOS weapon equipped but I don't think it actually says that in the text on the item in your Progress inventory.

• Options
    I'd read about needing and IKELOS weapon equipped but I don't think it actually says that in the text on the item in your Progress inventory.

It does.

• Options

it does say it in the text that you have to have it equipped

• Options
    the bit about cabal precision shots is ambiguously written, but you do indeed only need it to be equipped as well and don't need to make the precision shots with it specifically

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

They're given at 10 LLs below the average LL of the highest items you can equip in each slot. Useful for catching up low slots or new pieces.

So it's as it's always been. I'm in the mid 340's so I'm really just looking for blue mods to make more purple mods and guns to break down for parts, shards, and masterwork cores.

I'd like to put together arc and solar sets for my Warlock to add some more variety into my gameplay. I've been void for 95% of D2 both out of choice and not getting the +5's for the particular cooldown reduction I want for the other specializations.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Yes, you need the Ikelos weapon in the Energy slot, but I don't think you need to be actively shooting it

For the Strikes part, you can actually equip it right before the strike ends and get credit

Just... don't forget to do it, like my friend did

like... 3 times

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    yeah you don't necessarily have to use it, though if you can get past the seven day reload, it actually packs a hell of a punch with headshots and rampage stacked up

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    wait have they seriously not added more shader slots

• Options
    wait have they seriously not added more shader slots

They sure haven't!