Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

2018 PAX Unplugged Challenge Coin

ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
edited June 7 in PAX Unplugged
The dates have been set, tickets have gone on sale, and it's time to start thinking about the 2018 challenge coin! I think last year's turned out really well, and thanks to SutibunRi for carrying that project to completion. I hope to help out a bit more this year in the planning stages, so I'm jumping in and starting off this thread. I'm really excited to see how Unplugged will evolve from the lessons learned from the first year!

Last year's coin was finalized on having the Liberty Bell on the face, a Catan board on the reverse, and finished with a black nickel.
kaQ9e5Bl.jpg

This year's coins from other PAX, if you're curious:
PAX Aus 2017
PAX South 2018
PAX East 2018
PAX West 2018 (still in development)

If you have any ideas for the new coin, please fill out the form I have made!
2018 PAX Unplugged Challenge Coin Idea form

Ideas unused from last year: (please still submit these using the form so I can see how much interest there is for the different designs!)
Independence Hall
Rocky Statue
Skyline

RPG Dice
Dungeon Master behind a DM Screen
Gaming Table

We wouldn't need to necessarily stick to any official rotation, but since we did a board game last year, perhaps RPGs or miniatures would be good to represent this year.

We're aiming to get the design finalized by Sept 21st, so we've got some time, but the more ideas we can bounce around, the better!

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngT298pV7.pngSteam:ArcSyn
ArcSyn on
SutibunRiRILMSfishfishmonkeyhatshadowscoutiltamindflare77

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 7
    Friendly reminder ping for folks who got coins last year.

Edit: names removed to protect their identities now though.

SutibunRi on
    mindflare77Arithon32
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for Unplugged this year, and helping with coin planning, so I made up some mockups. Please feel free to ask for some different designs or locations. There's also a suggestion form in the OP and the interest form above this post.

I made these mockups with the same black nickel metal color in mind, and I've seen now where they fill the outer band on the color coins with black, which really can make the coins pop and gives some good contrast. So I've reflected that here.

Landmark:
    XyurUwvl.jpg
    Penn Skyline

EcKY93Sl.jpg
    Skyline

pK0d7Uil.jpg
    Art Gallery

ufZiyufl.jpg
    Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market

osVV0QRl.jpg
    Merchant Exchange

gsCUH3Al.jpg
    Independence Hall

lHTOOKZl.jpg
    Reading Terminal Market

Gaming:
    eVGqNmCl.jpg
    Dice on table

6o3wmrSl.jpg
    Dice

mXukqF1l.jpg
    DM behind the screen at a table (I do not have the rights to use Matt Mercer's likeness, so we could either ask for permission, or recreate a similar scene artistically or use someone who gives us permission.)

5fGVHfjl.jpg
    DM behind the screen (I do not have permission to use his likeness, we would recreate or ask permission)

aT5TF0pl.jpg
    Tabletop Wargaming (Infinity)

Bi1QyN0l.jpg
    Tabletop Wargaming (WH40k)

Gaming - I added a 20-sided ring on the inside with numbers (as evenly distributed as I could figure out) where you could potentially spin the coin and then whichever side faces the GM would be your "roll".
    Lbtvnztl.jpg
    Dice on table

GiG2ZyDl.jpg
    Dice

ohPeDAKl.jpg
    DM behind the screen at a table (I do not have the rights to use Matt Mercer's likeness, so we could either ask for permission, or recreate a similar scene artistically or use someone who gives us permission.)

DAC4FDfl.jpg
    DM behind the screen (I do not have permission to use his likeness, we would recreate or ask permission)

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngT298pV7.pngSteam:ArcSyn
  • RILMSRILMS Corpus Christi, TXRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of the 20 ring on the inside. I wonder how it would affect the image in the center for Kiddercorp. I also wonder if they could add a spinner like the LE pins this year

CiSEhpT.png

Ask me about PAX South 2018 Challenge Coins here
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Which LE pins?

• RILMSRILMS Corpus Christi, TXRegistered User regular
    CiSEhpT.png

Ask me about PAX South 2018 Challenge Coins here
    ArcSyn