Options

[Marvel]Thread:From Miniscule Arthropods, Murderous Tex-Mex lovers, and Marvelous Captains

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i love cable's shitty goatee

also rob liefeld art rules

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Cable's hand makes me think of facehuggers from the Alien franchise.

Also, I wonder how excited Liefeld got when he realized that Cable can just always carry future-guns, which - by virtue of being from the future - don't need to look like anything that's physically feasible.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    THE SWORDS.

MY BRAIN.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love alternate realities

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I was thinking of the "Will they/won't they" trope from TV and wondered, has that been done in comics?

It has to right? But I can't think of an example.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    That’s like...every relationship in comics

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I was thinking of the "Will they/won't they" trope from TV and wondered, has that been done in comics?

Tony / Pepper, notable in comics for usually going with “won’t”

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Peter and Mary-Jane for awhile, Scott and Jean in the 60s and the 80s when she came back from the dead, Husk and Chamber in Generation X, Kitty and Peter, etc.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Most of Superman's existence in the Silver Age was a "will they/won't they"

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Cable appears to be carrying the top of a pommel horse.

Cable knows gymkata confirmed?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

Tony / Pepper, notable in comics for usually going with “won’t”

So much so that she married Happy Hogan and they were together until Happy died in the 2000's

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Not that anyone knows, but what does Comcast planning on doing to make that money back? Make movies one assumes, but good luck with that.

And 20% doesn't seem high enough with taxes being involved now, either. But guess we'll see what happens.

I have zero way to verify this but I have been told by many following that Comcast wants it more for the infrastructure, production companies and most importantly the stake in Hulu the IP's are lower tier priority for them. Where as Disney first and foremost wants the IP's with Hulu stake a close second and the rest is baggage to them. So I start to wonder if we wont end up with a some sort of parted out scenario on the rest after one of them wins because all they are really strongly competing over is control of Hulu.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Liefeld stuff is great in that it's a veritable Where's Waldo of malformed anatomical horrors that just keeps giving.

Liefeld for Reed Richards solo title...they give him the directive to just draw normal.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    There's a Captain America Annual coming this September that sounds interesting.

http://www.comicosity.com/marvel-announces-captain-america-annual-by-tini-howard-and-chris-sprouse/
    This September, rising star Tini Howard (best known for her work on Rick and Morty and Power Rangers: Pink) makes her Marvel debut alongside superstar artist Chris Sprouse (Black Panther), giving fans a glimpse into the past with CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL #1! The World War II-era story finds Captain America and Bucky protecting the greater good on the front lines, when they come across a group of concentration camp escapees during a scouting mission – and make it their duty to protect them until the Allies can come to the rescue.

“This story couldn’t be a better example of why a character — an idea — like Captain America matters and I am thrilled and honored to be a part of bringing it to life,” said Sprouse. “Just speaking purely personally, Tini’s Captain America Annual was exactly the Cap story I wanted to draw. Not only does it feature a couple of iconic Marvel characters that are a blast to illustrate, it’s set in a time period and setting I’ve long wanted to explore and deals with themes and ideas that have always been important to me, both in my work and in my life.”

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    First of all, if every annual is going to be #1, just use the year.

Second of all, I am not much of a fan of them just sweeping Cap being a secret Nazi under the rug, but I guess the alternatives are worse.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that the Nazi Cap story arc is going to be dealt with in Coates' run.

Personally I'm pretty comfortable with ignoring Secret Empire and everything related to it.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    First of all, if every annual is going to be #1, just use the year.

Second of all, I am not much of a fan of them just sweeping Cap being a secret Nazi under the rug, but I guess the alternatives are worse.
    They don't just do #1s they do them by volume

Like Superior Spider-Man ran long enough to get 2 annuals (which is kinda sad that it's a notable achievement, really) and the second was #2

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Tini Howard co wrote a mini about Kimberly for Boom for the power rangers comics

It's probably the best thing they've put out under that little stable of comics

I also was very lucky and able to interview her and she is incredibly passionate about representation in comics and I can't wait to see what her story looks like

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The latest issue of No Surrender also had Pietro adopt a pet turtle so Ahmed is doing good work here

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If Pietro has a closet full of all of his old costumes then he really has no excuse

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    If Pietro has a closet full of all of his old costumes then he really has no excuse

To not burn all the old costumes as a sacrifice to Fashion?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Liefeld stuff is great in that it's a veritable Where's Waldo of malformed anatomical horrors that just keeps giving.

"I mean, I guess that looks oka--

wait

wait

wait"

sarukun on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

They're still somehow better than his current one!

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

They're still somehow better than his current one!

Even the terrible X-Factor one, he had for 4 panels?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    The Serval outfit? I actually dug that one

• Options
    The Serval outfit? I actually dug that one

Nope, not that one.

The one with the goggles and the boots that said "Quicksilver" and the shoulderpads and belts and buckles and kneepads and oh god... (Yes, it was meant as a parody of Liefeld.)

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The latest issue of No Surrender also had Pietro adopt a pet turtle so Ahmed is doing good work here

He's just ripping off Rainbow Dash.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    You mean the Acuna design that showed up in the weird little 2015 Uncanny Avengers run and the Avengers: Millenium miniseries?

54a19cf5c1e19.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Holy crap that sucks

I totally forgot that one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh I thought you were talking this one

sm8gv71.jpg

Which is also quite bad

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Holy crap that sucks

I totally forgot that one

Like said, he only had it for 4 panels, because he hated it as much as the rest of us.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Man that Acuna design probably is based on that one, isn't it?

Like, it's been significantly reworked and is much better, but there's a clear similarity.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Nah I meant the Acuna one specifically

Like they are all bad but Acuna's is like a perfect storm of bad modern costume design sensibilities

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I don't love the Acuna design but I think it's fine

I mean it's a Quicksilver costume, we gotta grade on a curve here

• Options
    Yeah in terms of Quicksilver's history of costumes, I find the Acuna design fairly inoffensive.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Obviously Quicksilver should buy his clothes at PacSun

• Options
    4r0kqm.jpg

Avengers: Millenium wasn't a bad little miniseries, by the way

This discussion has been closed.