Options

[Marvel]Thread:From Miniscule Arthropods, Murderous Tex-Mex lovers, and Marvelous Captains

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I mean i got spoiled on the I dont feel so good meme like day 2 but its still annoying to already know most of the beats

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    From Carol's point of view, half of EVERY planet just vanished so she doesn't have any real reason to suspect Earth is the epicenter, so the pager is kind of a cheat in that regard.

actually she vanished too so it's all for naught

God, I can see it, post credits cuts to her phone going off and then falling to the ground as she turns to dust or whatever and the theater fuckin cheers

Did your theater actually cheer?
    Aside from my second viewing where somebody went "Oh Thank God" when Maria Hill went, nobody actually cheered the deaths. People were more gasping or going "oh no way!"

People really love this shit, man, I dunno what to tell you

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    From Carol's point of view, half of EVERY planet just vanished so she doesn't have any real reason to suspect Earth is the epicenter, so the pager is kind of a cheat in that regard.

God, I can see it, post credits cuts to her phone going off and then falling to the ground as she turns to dust or whatever and the theater fuckin cheers

Aside from my second viewing where somebody went "Oh Thank God" when Maria Hill went, nobody actually cheered the deaths. People were more gasping or going "oh no way!"

I get this is a touchy subject, but I was asking a legit question. I wasn't trying to be incredulous.

• Options

I get this is a touchy subject, but I was asking a legit question. I wasn't trying to be incredulous.

Oh, no, but there was a palpable excitement as we were exiting the theater that felt every bit as much at odds with my grim discomfort as straight up glee would have.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    What is likely to be the big plot in Cates and Shaw's GotG got revealed in Thanos Legacy
    Thanos has a will.

Starfox says it could burn the universe to the ground and describes it as "a war wrapped around his heart."

Literally, as he had to carve it out with a knife.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Oh, no, but there was a palpable excitement as we were exiting the theater that felt every bit as much at odds with my grim discomfort as straight up glee would have.

I mean, I'll cop to being excited as I left the theater as i really liked the movie, but I'll agree that cheering at the specific bit mentioned is pretty crass, and kinda weird.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    What is likely to be the big plot in Cates and Shaw's GotG got revealed in Thanos Legacy
    Thanos has a will.

Starfox says it could burn the universe to the ground and describes it as "a war wrapped around his heart."

I don't think Thanos understands what Wills are for

That's not where it should go!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Thanos has a will.

Thanos does what Thanos will

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I know he's an established Marvel thing but I can't think of Starfox as anything other than the Nintendo space pilot

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Thanos has a will.

Wait
    Did Thanos die recently?

I mean, outside of the recent Starlin stuff which Marvel just ignores most of the time.

• Options
    Thanos has a will.

Wait
    Did Thanos die recently?

I mean, outside of the recent Starlin stuff which Marvel just ignores most of the time.
    Gamora killed the hell out of him in Infinity Wars

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Thanos has a will.

I hit Agree, but then I realized I don't actually know for sure how wills work. Like I know you go to a lawyer and they make one or whatever and then when you die it goes into effect but I've never done it and have no idea what the process is actually like. For all I know that's exactly it. Kinda makes sense, in a way

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I wonder if Carol getting her Binary powers is going to be a Thing in the movie. Because going Binary would definitely help her wreck two different alien fleets at the same time.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I know he's an established Marvel thing but I can't think of Starfox as anything other than the Nintendo space pilot

It would be better that way

But it isn't

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Marvel's Starfox is very bad.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    On the topic of Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider #3's last page:
    GWFxeIe.jpg

Does this count as Thanos dressing slobishly?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So is the next community mission available yet? I don't even want to look at anything added to the store because the "dig up hex cores anywhere in the universe" thing never freaking worked for me and I didn't find a single one after I left the special planet.

Man, Guardians of the Galaxy got weird

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I got my posts crossed because of tabs, ignore it!

• Options
    Cosmic GR #3 was basically a giant, violent, Looney Tunes episode with Cable constantly ducking back and forward in time to bring in new weapons and allies to fight off Ghost Rider, getting comically older and more Apocalyptic Future-y with each jump.

It ruled

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Suit looks fine, but im sure hoping she adds the sash at some point. It really completes the look.

Im happy if they keep things mostly in space, i enjoy Space Carol way more than earth fascist Carol

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I'm so. tired. of people calling Carol a fascist.

First off, that's not what fascism is. Second, that was a terrible story that is two years old now, can we please put it in the rear view mirror.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Hank Pym is still a wife beater decades later, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up

For real though, I’ll be waiting for her to take an anti-authoritarian totalitarian side in a major conflict before I consider that aspect of her character undone

Edit: Fencingsax had the word I was looking for

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options

First off, that's not what fascism is. Second, that was a terrible story that is two years old now, can we please put it in the rear view mirror.

Some real dictatorial suppression of what people can say fascism is here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018

Yeah, she was just totalitarian. NBD

Fencingsax on
  • Options

hi

carol is a fascist in the recent comics

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, part of the reason we harp on it is that she is supposed to be a hero, and has felt no real consequence for her actions.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yeah, she was just totalitarian.

Not even that, no. Totalitarianism refers to a system of government that outlaws opposition and controls citizens' private lives. Nobody was locked up or punished because they disagreed with the pre-crime system.

• Options

hi

Explain how.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about Carol is how Marvel realized that they had a marketable solo female superhero ready to go and then couldn't figure out a single interesting thing to do with her for the past decade or more

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Fascism is going to reflect the culture it's expressed in. It isn't a tightly defined set of rules.

Cody's showdy has a good tutorial, I thought.

Fencingsax on
  • Options

hi

Explain how.

no i think you understand how to work a dictionary on your own

• Options
    Chincy you're kinda being unnecessarily dickish here dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also, can someone tell me if in Captain America Hydra actually helped people, or whether the people just think Hydra helped? Because one of those is fucking awful?

• Options

fuck that

there is absolutely no reason to tell people not to use the word fascist about someone whos a fascist

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well there's reasons

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I do think sticking to dictionary definitions of complicated and sometimes shifting political terms is part of the problem rather than a likely solution though

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fascism is going to reflect the culture it's expressed in. It isn't a tightly defined set of rules.

Cody's showdy has a good tutorial, I thought.

Fascism is defined by a few notable characteristics. Cody used the 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism, as described by Dr. Lawrence Britt. Of those, you could make an argument for #2 and #12 being shown in the events of Civil War II. I don't think any of the other defining characteristics are even semi-relevant.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I feel 90 % ofcharacters have been described as "what sets them apart is their humanness"
    Sets them apart from what robots

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

fuck that

there is absolutely no reason to tell people not to use the word fascist about someone whos a fascist

Please do not frame a pithy post telling someone to read a dictionary as a noble stand against fascism.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I feel 90 % ofcharacters have been described as "what sets them apart is their humanness"
    Sets them apart from what robots

There's a joke here about DC movies , but I just woke up and can't connect the dots

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.