As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    My good boy Ryuji is hungry and we do NOT interrupt his meal.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    He gets so hungry after spending all day being ONE OF THE PHANTOM THIEVES it burns a lot of energy DOING LOTS OF CRIMES FOR THE PHANTOM THIEVES OF WHICH HE IS 100% A FOUNDER MEMBER

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    My good boy Ryuji is hungry and we do NOT interrupt his meal.

I will interrupt his meal every chance I get

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    dang that might even be better than Morgana's followup attack

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    PQ2 seems pretty tough, I'm still in the first dungeon though as I haven't had a ton of time to play

Is this a game I should expect to grind every now and then to get huge

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I grinded before the first boss, but haven't had much issue with grinding through the second dungeon.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    PQ2 seems pretty tough, I'm still in the first dungeon though as I haven't had a ton of time to play

The first boss became much more manageable after Morgana learned Media, which took a bit of grinding for me. You'll gain access to side-missions which spice things up a bit and have nice rewards. Also, good sub-persona management makes a big difference. I'm doing fairly well in the second dungeon right now, but the game will still sometimes be mean in a very Persona fashion.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

The first boss became much more manageable after Morgana learned Media, which took a bit of grinding for me. You'll gain access to side-missions which spice things up a bit and have nice rewards. Also, good sub-persona management makes a big difference. I'm doing fairly well in the second dungeon right now, but the game will still sometimes be mean in a very Persona fashion.

my big "huh" moment was when it introduces you to golden enemies and I lost 3 party members

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I finally broke down and ordered a copy of Q2 from France. I guess they only released a very low number of copies in the UK because I could not find it in any stores and online it sold out before release, and hasn't come back in stock.

But, the EU version is all in English anyway. Which kinda sucks for everyone in Europe that doesn't speak English! Like I'm surprised Nintendo even let them do this to be honest. Yeah English is very widespread, but not even putting in menus and subtitles in a countries native language seems super shitty.

Also, there must be £40 of DLC and it's all consumable items and OP Persona's, and there's a coin doubler AND an XP doubler and items that change your encounter rate, plus voice packs. Some of this is kinda weird for a full price game. The free music is nice though.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Innocent Sin's 20th anniversary was a few days back, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Royal PV 2:

https://youtu.be/n_T9ozWh_dM

And Akechi character trailer:

https://youtu.be/AE5I1SE6hsw

Some might consider these spoilery, especially parts of the second one:
    Looks like we are go for an Akechi redemption arc.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Some might consider these spoilery, especially parts of the second one:
    Looks like we are go for an Akechi redemption arc.

Ug. Who do I blame for this?

Then again maybe it won't be terrible. Fingers crossed.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    The subtitled version of the Akechi trailer is very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQtMkNssicE
    So they're in an altered reality and Akechi is helping Joker reassert the "main timeline"? Note that a lot of the previous character trailers have had vibes of "everyone's family members are alive/have better relationships with the main characters".

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    throw akechi in the bin

misogynist daddy issue cop

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    really curious at this point, they're making it sound like this is a pretty extensive overhaul, but like, even if it was just "there's two more social links and another dungeon that all feels really tacked on" they'd still be marketing it this way

i'm not buying it sight unseen but i'll be curious to hear impressions about it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yes I am distrustful

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean Golden had a bunch of extra stuff too so not sure why this wouldn't.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Put this on switch and it becomes an easy buy, but right now it feels like a dlc, not a full purchase.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I agree it is a bad value but also I will buy it because I am a broken human

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i want a persona 5 where i
    never go looking for mona when he runs away

i don't care if it's a bad ending!! that jerk can eat it.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I want a Persona 5 where I
    am playing it on the Switch and it’s not a goddamn musou game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    i want a persona 5 where i
    never go looking for mona when he runs away

i don't care if it's a bad ending!! that jerk can eat it.
    Persona 5: Bye Felicia Edition

• Options
    I think if P5R still has the stupid lockouts on taking screenshots and video, I'll be waiting until it's heavily discounted before buying it.

Unless there's a badass special edition in which case I have no say in the matter I will have to buy it.

It's kinda dumb that this isn't all just DLC though.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I think if P5R still has the stupid lockouts on taking screenshots and video, I'll be waiting until it's heavily discounted before buying it.

Unless there's a badass special edition in which case I have no say in the matter I will have to buy it.

It's kinda dumb that this isn't all just DLC though.

Oh I got around that by playing 95% of the game using Remote Play via my PC. Can't prevent me from snapshotting my PC screen, ATLUS! Or prevent Dropbox from auto-uploading them!

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I can give Persona 5 another chance. I recently went back to play Persona 4 on the PS2, and the difference in the cohesiveness of the plot is night and day between the two. Unfortunately, the Persona series is brutally unforgiving for new players, and that distinctly soured the experience as well. (Enjoy constantly running out of SP! Nope, we won't tell you about Invigorate or the SP accessories. You should clearly just know about those!)
    Also, the big reveal where your party gets erased from reality is Corpse Party levels of stupid and overacted.

On a side note, I'm on Persona 3 FES now, and all three of these games suffer from reverse difficulty quite badly. The first month or two is absolutely brutal. Later, you accumulate items and social links to the point that you mow down the final bosses with a shrug.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    Yeah the only thing that scared me in end game FES was getting hit by Charm.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Man I like the story in p5 so much more than p4

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I prefer P5's story over P4, but still like the 4 cast more than 5's.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    I think 3 still has my favourite story out of all of the games.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...not really sure which story I liked more tbh. They all had things I liked and didn't like.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I think 3 still has my favourite story out of all of the games.

Of the new games, I agree. Against 2, no chance.

The core plot of 3 is very strong, but it's basically a straightforward narrative.

2's plot(s) are full of assorted antagonists, viewpoints, perspectives, moral conflicts, it's all over the place. You have the Last Battalion, the Masquerade, Philemon and Nyarlathotep, and all the characters' insane relationships and backstories caught up in the middle.

It's a crying shame that Tadashi's been reduced to writing tripe like Caligula Effect.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I love that 3 is crazy because it's almost a militarized task force with crazy detailed knowledge of exactly what's going on and a years of scientific research behind it.

and the others are "plucky teens investigate wacky murder mysteries"

and I love every situation where the cast of 3 interacts with any other cast, because they very quickly confuse the hell out of everyone.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    In both story and characters I think 3 had some very high points and also the lowest lows of the three.

It's a mixed bag.

P3P's female protagonist improves on it massively with her waaaay better social links thankfully.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    the bad guys in 3 feel really all over the place to me, and i don't think they quite earn all the really dicey suicide imagery they play with

i only got to around the point that hitler shows up in 2 but i remember feeling really :/ about the part where it turns out Joker was friends with the main kid all along. The "rumors become true" thing made it hard for me to really tell whether any given plot reveal was supposed to be a reveal in the traditional sense, or if it was just revealing that a rumor had warped reality again. buuuut again i only played through the first couple dungeons so maybe it all comes together

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It's a crying shame that Tadashi's been reduced to writing tripe like Caligula Effect.

I actually found Caligula effect's quite interesting at a base level, especially once Overdose came about and you were able to explore the villains' reasons for being there. Their motivations became understandable even as you still had to oppose them. In particular Sweet-P who fled into the simulation as a young girl because people tormented and ostracized him in the real world for being an overweight older man who happened to enjoy cute things. Which I think is a particular kind of something that could have resonated with an uncomfortable number of interneters in this day and age.

Unfortunately it was the literally everything else about the game that dragged it all down.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    In 2 it’s always rumor warping reality

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    the bad guys in 3 feel really all over the place to me, and i don't think they quite earn all the really dicey suicide imagery they play with

i only got to around the point that hitler shows up in 2 but i remember feeling really :/ about the part where it turns out Joker was friends with the main kid all along. The "rumors become true" thing made it hard for me to really tell whether any given plot reveal was supposed to be a reveal in the traditional sense, or if it was just revealing that a rumor had warped reality again. buuuut again i only played through the first couple dungeons so maybe it all comes together

It all ties into the reason for the Masquerade. Joker forms the Masquerade because he associates that with when he had friends and when he 'belonged' to something, and he already feels like an outcast since he's both gay and estranged from his psychotic parents.

There's a lot of nuance and subtlety to the characters and plot in 2 that later games don't even bother with.

And the Hitler thing is just a facade, since it's only Nyarlathotep using a glamour to show how powerful rumors are.

Also, while EP still has 'rumors becoming reality' thread, it's more about letting hatred and malice drag you down. They spend all their time worrying about the new JOKER, when he's not even remotely the real threat.

Sudou is just a force of nature that wants to kick off a wave of chaos, and he sure does succeed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png