As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

1515253545557»

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Is that a different Akihiko voice??

Also I really hope the MC replied to Fuuka "speed has EVERYTHING to do with it"

Also also noting Mitsuru's VA learned how to actually pronounce French words this time. Two of 'em, anyway

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    They replaced the entire voice cast. Most of them do a really good job evoking the original imo (sans Akihiko).

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm going to miss the old VAs(except obviously Junpei's), but the new ones sound fantastic, and let's be real, Fuuka's wasn't all that hot(more the fault of direction, she was great in FES).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I am really not being convinced on the need to spend $60 for a remake of a PS2 game with less content that now looks like a low budget PS3 game instead with that trailer.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    I am really not being convinced on the need to spend $60 for a remake of a PS2 game with less content that now looks like a low budget PS3 game instead with that trailer.

I will probably wait to see if it gets a Royal treatment

I'd pay 60 *Canadian* dollars otherwise, but that's considering I have to pay like 112 with tax for a AAA game now

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Kind of waiting for a list of differences. If it's just the original but with updated graphics I'll probably wait for a sale

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i will simply gamepass it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    There's clearly a market for turn based RPGs or they wouldn't be slapping a new coat of paint on every one under the sun from 10-30 years ago to resell at full price.

But instead of making new ones, there's open world sandboxes and farm sims that we need to completely saturate the market with instead. Like, I'm glad Atlus is still putting them out, and I hope ReFantazio is awesome, but man.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    There's clearly a market for turn based RPGs or they wouldn't be slapping a new coat of paint on every one under the sun from 10-30 years ago to resell at full price.

But instead of making new ones, there's open world sandboxes and farm sims that we need to completely saturate the market with instead. Like, I'm glad Atlus is still putting them out, and I hope ReFantazio is awesome, but man.

I wonder how much appetite/market there is for "turn-based RPGs, generally" vs. "turn-based RPGs that people played as kids."

Like I wonder how the Chained Echoes sales compare to the Pixel Remaster sales

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    The entire FF Pixel Remaster series just hit 2 million sales total. Chained Echoes has ~100-150k steam sales based on the typical 30-50x review multiplier, and more steam reviews than any FF pixel remaster besides FF1 despite being out for far less time. Sales information for Chained Echoes on other platforms is unknown, but it's in the same ballpark as your FinFans third/fourth set of remakes.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i will simply gamepass it

This might be the entire reason they're remaking it. Xbox has very few jrpgs and so they are probably paying out the ass to get some on game pass. Someone at atlus probably crunched some numbers and decided they could make easy money from Microsoft and also some extra stuff through steam and other consoles.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 19
    Someone bought an old lot of Atlus discs including a never-before-seen build of P5 from about 6 months before launch and dumped it online, so far the biggest finds have been new, very different music
    Early version of Wake Up Get Up Get Out There with a different singer (Yumi Kawamura, the main female vocalist on Persona 3's soundtrack)

a new clean instrumental version of Last Surprise (with completely different instruments), which was previously unreleased and only used in the game's 2nd trailer, but it was a short version and covered up by dialog and sound effects

a bizarre instrumental version of Rivers In the Desert, likely a placeholder/concept version (still a bop though) (major boss spoiler in thumbnail) characters with different animations and models, including this incredible version of Ryuji which should have been in the final game

People are digging through this, can't wait to see more.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Fuck'in does rule, shoulda kept it

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    One of the many reasons I love the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles was it showcasing rejected versions of songs with notes why it didn't make the cut; it's fascinating stuff.

That different version of the intro feels like some alternate universe shenanigans.