As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Kirby will save us all.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Toon Link still has Triforce Slash. Young Link trailer shows no final smash.

Fingers crossed for Fierce Deity.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    There was mention of a new short hopping feature? How does it work, missed it while blinking during the stream, heh.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Iirc you press a and jump? I think

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Toon Link still has Triforce Slash. Young Link trailer shows no final smash.

Fingers crossed for Fierce Deity.

Moon drop.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Very sad toon link’s down air didn’t return to bouncing

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I noticed Zero Suit Samus got a significant "nerf" this time. Little surprised by that...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Badge Arcade bunny assist trophy!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Maybe Young Link's does?

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Maybe Young Link's does?

Adult link’s still does for sure

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ss_2.jpg

Mother 3 confirmed for 2018.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Oh, snap. With Link going poof after he gets impaled by Ridley in the Ridley trailer, I wonder if that implies Stamina mode with stocks?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Also they mentioned in the trailer that apparently the starting roster is just the N64 originals, and everybody else is unlockable - implied that they just sort of continuously join the roster as you play somehow. Probably without the whole challenger thing. They should probably do one character every single match, two tops, otherwise it would take forever.

Zek on
  • Options
    Zek wrote: »
    Also they mentioned in the trailer that apparently the starting roster is just the N64 originals, and everybody else is unlockable - implied that they just sort of continuously join the roster as you play somehow. Probably without the whole challenger thing. They should probably do one character every single match, two tops, otherwise it would take forever.

Well they did say it would be streamlined so that you could unlock everyone fast and it felt like you were always unlocking new characters.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I noticed Zero Suit Samus got a significant "nerf" this time. Little surprised by that...

What are you referring to? Looked pretty much the same to me, but I haven't seen anything beyond the official snippet for her they posted. FAir into Up B was new, but remains to be seen if that's a real combo or not.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »

What are you referring to? Looked pretty much the same to me, but I haven't seen anything beyond the official snippet for her they posted. FAir into Up B was new, but remains to be seen if that's a real combo or not.

She looks more athletic and muscular, more like WFT.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Kasyn wrote: »

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/29.html
    vs
    https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/31339259/smash_bros_zero_suit_samus.0.jpg

Compare and contrast :P

(and I'm surprised because this is the character they literally added high heels to...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I wonder how the competitive circuit thinks of there now being an easy input for short hops.

I in no way represent the competitive Smash community as a whole, but it seems fine to me. I'm all for making games more accessible, and that was something that I know some new players had issues with. And it's completely a non-issue if they handle it the same way they did with A+B smashes, where you could just turn it off in your controller configuration if you wanted.

Complete nothingburger. For competitive players, short hops are so negligibly difficult mechanically that it may as well already be a thing. Absolutely does not matter.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    So I'm guessing any kind of significant single player content is out of the question. Anyone heard anything about that?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Single player wasn’t covered at all
    Am hoping to be able to toggle Marth’s language

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    The Ridley amiibo is 10 feet tall.

they can't make a Ridley amiibo, he wouldn't fit on the shelf!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I really hope there's some single player stuff. Smash Wii U had garbage single player. 3DS was much better (way better Classic mode), but Smash Run really should have been fleshed out more. Would love to see them bring Smash Run back and improve it now that it's not constrained to 3DS hardware

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing any kind of significant single player content is out of the question. Anyone heard anything about that?

Why? We didn't hear about single-player stuff in the previous Smashes until close before they came out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I am amazed by the amount of content, but I really hope for DLC down the line because there are still fan favorites/wishes that are neglected, like K Rool, Simon Belmont etc.

Also wish they would tell us whether there is any possibility of Assist Trophies ever becoming full fighters. Waluigi could be a great chaotic/wacky/eccentric character like Luigi, and Bomberman could be a zoner with various kinds of bombs/mines.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I like this a lot, by the way

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    You're not gonna get another Subspace Emissary if that's what you mean, probably ever again. I think the only singleplayer Smash content I've ever really liked was Event Matches, so hopefully they'll have a lot more of those. I don't really want them spending resources on singleplayer specific content though.

• Options
    You're not gonna get another Subspace Emissary if that's what you mean, probably ever again. I think the only singleplayer Smash content I've ever really liked was Event Matches, so hopefully they'll have a lot more of those. I don't really want them spending resources on singleplayer specific content though.

I just want Melee's Adventure Mode back. I don't need Subspace Emissary...

• Options

Smash Run on 3DS was absolutely fantastic and I hope it comes back in some way.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    I am amazed by the amount of content, but I really hope for DLC down the line because there are still fan favorites/wishes that are neglected, like K Rool, Simon Belmont etc.

Also wish they would tell us whether there is any possibility of Assist Trophies ever becoming full fighters. Waluigi could be a great chaotic/wacky/eccentric character like Luigi, and Bomberman could be a zoner with various kinds of bombs/mines.

There's a very real chance that Simon Belmont could be announced at the Smash Invitational later today.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Are there gonna be any streams of the tournament thing going on? Or is it already over.

e: nvm I guess it'll be on in a couple of hours on this Treehouse stream thing I'm watching?

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »

There's a very real chance that Simon Belmont could be announced at the Smash Invitational later today.

I was actually a little disappointed to see Bomberman as only an Assist Trophy. I thought he made a lot of sense from a Konami angle. But honestly you might be right there too.

• Options
    Speaking of Konami, Snake's symbol has been changed from the Foxhound logo to an exclamation mark. Probably because Kojima used it as his studio's logo while he was at Konami. So there's still some lingering pissiness.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Speaking of Konami, Snake's symbol has been changed from the Foxhound logo to an exclamation mark. Probably because Kojima used it as his studio's logo while he was at Konami. So there's still some lingering pissiness.

Hmm, that's hard to say honestly. I think the "!" is funnier :P So it could be innocent. Or maybe not? I do feel like Konami has gotten a little better since those dark days at least...

• Options

Hmm, that's hard to say honestly. I think the "!" is funnier :P So it could be innocent. Or maybe not? I do feel like Konami has gotten a little better since those dark days at least...

based on what?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

based on what?

Bomberman R mostly. More so the company seems to actually be trying again, vs. "Let's just turn everything into Pachinko machines"

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

Why? We didn't hear about single-player stuff in the previous Smashes until close before they came out.

Mainly because this is an enhanced port. I’m not surprised, after all I predicted it when they first announced Smash for Switch. Too soon for a truly new game. With every little change they discussed it would have made a lot of sense to mention single player were it a thing.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options

Mainly because this is an enhanced port. I’m not surprised, after all I predicted it when they first announced Smash for Switch. Too soon for a truly new game. With every little change they discussed it would have made a lot of sense to mention single player were it a thing.

It's not though? It's a new game...

• Options
    So it appears ledge trumping is still in, but the magnet-hands range is decreased significantly

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    the line between port and new game is vague, it's waaay less of a straight port than mario kart switch was but still somehow doesn't quite feel like a whole new version.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It is basically a port, with a few new features to the same Smash 4 engine and then character updates. Far closer to a port than it is a new game.

• Options
    the line between port and new game is vague, it's waaay less of a straight port than mario kart switch was but still somehow doesn't quite feel like a whole new version.

I mean, the gameplay/physics/etc is changing, that's enough "new game" to me. I feel like if it were a port it'd play identically to the Wii U version (just with "more stuff").

This discussion has been closed.