As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Ocean: Anamnesis] Global Release. Nier Event. 2B (again), 9S, A2.

12346»

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Side comment. I am glad that Phia somehow managed to still stay tan. This game's art has done a horrible job of whitewashing 90% of tanned characters in their origional games.

Also, she hits like a freight train.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well, free daily draw got me Phia

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Claude is pretty f'ing legit for all-Attacker/Defender parties.

Did a 26second Michael runs with Claude, SRemi, SMyuria, and Phia with a 34k Rush and some equally nearly as fast runs with the same team.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    For prospective new players (you poor bastards), they're rerunning the launch campaign for newbies. That's free Faize, Welch, etc.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ... I don't fucking believe this. SOA Global is FUCKING DRUNK. Just when everyone is expecting the SO3 banners or Halloween in either order, they pull this shit and plan on releasing these guys so absurdly early.

For those that don't know who that is right away...

hpu2zDp.png

They're doing the Nier Banner and Event, or at least 2B, 1.5 years early. Those units will be probably nerfed heavily in global... yet the event boss probably won't be. Enjoy yet another near-impossible to get title with undertuned units and an unnerfed overtuned boss from the future.

• Options
    go home soa, stop trying to cash grab, you're drunk

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    For those not following, the Nier Automata banner in JP came out in February of this year.

In this time JP has had a billion more units added as well as things like Awakenings, or buffing up older under performing characters by large amounts. They'd later gain Assists as well, but not at the time of this banner.

• Options
    ...And SO3 banners and event last minute announced. Nier/2B not this week. I am so counfsed.

First up is Albel and Ilia (S01). Then Fayt and Sophia should be the next banner.

Then who knows what's happening with Halloween, Nier, and the like. Plus Resonance of Fate, first banner, was after the SO3 banners in JP....

• Options
    They are only releasing 2B early, in a solo banner. No A2. No 9S. :(

I wanted A2. :(

• Options
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't pull 2B so I threw my resources into my Lenneth.

Fund the Waifu that answered your calls.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    On that note 2B was the waifu that answered my call. Got her in the throw away 5k I scrounged up from not playing all that regularly, which is weird because I KNOW the rates in this game are pretty not good at all!

Then realized the maze tokens gets you gems and pulled on her weapon banner and got a couple if Type 40 swords which I’m not sure was intended!

This game is super weird for me in that I love Star Ocean, but man it’s character roster is not deep, but the game itself looks great and runs super well and is actually fun to play and multi in(Unlike Dragalia Lost eyyyyyy) but I have put so little time in it. Mostly due to just massive character interest gaps.

But now I gotta tho because 2BAE.

• Options
    Got 2B, finally time to dump all these limit break mats I've been hoarding

• Options
    Oh dude

What

Dude

What the fuck

I just used 2B in battle for the first time since augmenting/limit breaking her

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Oh dude

What

Dude

What the fuck

I just used 2B in battle for the first time since augmenting/limit breaking her

Yeaaah

AND SHE’S NERFED FROM JP.

• Options
    They nerfed three things: Her overall damage buff (down from 40% always, 60% at 100% hp) to 25% always and 45% at 100% HP, her rush bff from 75% self/50% all +elemental damage to 55%/50%, and her Sword 2 skill had it's damage greatly nerfed.

This made her ranged-capable attack rotation do just slightly less damage than her Sword 2 rotation so if you go that way now you get to have a fully-ranged attack cancel option as well.

• Options
    Halloween is now live:
    https://www.facebook.com/StarOceanAnamnesis/photos/a.218799832098593/279618769350032/?type=3&theater

Werewolf Millie, Devil Clair, Vampire Victor

Slightly nerfed from JP since they're all still ahead of timeline.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Between an ace ticket, a 5* ticket, and one ten draw I got

Dupe 2B, dupe Emmerson, Millie, and two Ilias

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Doing some draws in hopes of Clair...

4-5* Character Tickets (23): Stephen LB4-5, Hana LB4-5, Raffine LB5, Eleyna LB3-4, Pavine LB2, Cliff, MLB x11

5* Character Tickets (8): Ronyx LB1-2, Daril LB1, Lymle LB3-4, Miki + LB1, LLB x1

Ace Tickets:
    10shtJ2l.png
    H. Clair!!!

welp. I see where my gacha luck has wandered over to... >_<

Now to try and get her weapon (and need it anyway for CMaria way in the future)

5* Weapon Ticket (22): Transmute Fodder x5, Luminous Slicers +LB1 (filler DS), Blaublitz LB1 (lightning sword), Thunderbird Staff LB1 (lightning staff), Atomic Arms (ST+ATK), Slayer of Men +LB1 (neutral daggers), Bloodring Knuckles (Caster knuckles for Rena), Cursed Balmung Blade (neutral OHS) +LB1, Bloodstone Protectors +LB1 (light daggers), Hyouga (ice BNS), Umbral Blast LB1 (neutral Maria gun), Bloody Knuckles LB1 (neutral gauntlets), Storm Bolt LB1 (wind gun), Holy Rod LB1 (light staff)

Guaranteed 5* Draw:
    EbJ64A1m.png
    Crimson Forked Tridents (light DS), Striped Cat Mitts (light arms)

That is a perfectly acceptable result!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    You took my luck I think.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    https://www.facebook.com/StarOceanAnamnesis/photos/a.218799832098593/282880202357222/?type=3&theater

SO3 Event live, Fayt (poor powercreeped bastard) and Sophia are the rate-ups
    Also M2+M3 of the Halloween event
    and Jie rerun

because fuck us

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Rolling for Sophia now (Clair was a little bit of a plan break)

Weapons first, since Sophia will just wander in randomly even if I don't get her now:

5* Weapon Tickets (5): Transmute Fodder x2, Cursed Balmung Blade, Raven Talons, Storm Bolt
    Guaranteed 5*: Infernal Scepter

And now characters...

4-5* Character Tickets (3): Rena, MLB x2
    5* Character Tickets (2): Anne LB3, Daril LB2
    Ace Tickets (15): Albel +LB1, H. Millie, Maria LB7-9, Reimi LB1-3, Myuria LB4, Roddick, Rena LB1, Claude, Fayt, Fidel LB1

10 Roll 1: MLB x3, SLB x3
    10 Roll 2:
    g5AUqYGl.png
    MLB x5, SLB x3, Sophia

I am pleased yet again!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Just solo'd Halloween M2 from like 60% because the rest of my group died

That is a very tense fight, and there's no way I would have won without the passive healing on 2B's weapon

I'm shaking after that

• Options
    Actual Nier Event announced this time.

Not Michael/Eve. Not Resonance of Fate which should have been after that. Nope, Nier.

What was the point of the limited earlier 2B Banner?

• Options
    Did a couple 10s, ended up with some more assorted limit breaks, a dupe 2B when I already had her at lb10, and 9S

So not a total wash, I could see myself using him