As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [chat] is arbitrarily significant

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Quitting my last place felt awful but I enjoyed how much my boss seemed to genuinely want me to keep working there. That was good for the ego

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's good to know that shark is using a phrase I came up with when he's having sex

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

my favorite post-sex phrase is "whorp borp thank you porp"

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

Is this how straight people do?

I'm just going to assume this is how straight people do. Stereotype'd.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Waffles has a prebuilt acer, it has a metal HDD cage with space for 2 drives, but only has one HDD. I want to give her my old SSD and sure enough there are 4 screw holes in the bottom of the little metal hard drive cage. Is there any reason I can't just dig up some screws and screw that in? SSDs don't need weird special grounded washers or anything I think?
    Nope, bubble gum and twist ties will also work.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    If a laptop isn't light enough to be whisked away by a gentle breeze what's even the point?

The primary security for my bag and the things in my bag are that they are too heavy for most people to lift

It's a surprisingly effective system

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

To be fair, that's like the exact right time to use "No Homo".

But it's so homo. She is so fucking gay, I have no idea how she didn't realize it until college, well after she'd started watching shitty movies because the lead women were hot.

"Well, obviously everybody is attracted to women. That doesn't make a person gay. What do you mean most women don't want to smash with other women?"

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Straight sharks, maybe. I dunno.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Surprisingly, this is not actually conducive to having or enjoying sex.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Waffles has a prebuilt acer, it has a metal HDD cage with space for 2 drives, but only has one HDD. I want to give her my old SSD and sure enough there are 4 screw holes in the bottom of the little metal hard drive cage. Is there any reason I can't just dig up some screws and screw that in? SSDs don't need weird special grounded washers or anything I think?

It’s an ssd it can literally go anywhere it has no moving parts

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Technically we could just dangle it in there with zero to secure it but that makes me too paranoid

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I see that my mother's insistence on "at least a 3-star hotel" will be harder to satisfy in these locales than I anticipated, however >_>

good news

what even is a '3-star' hotel?

answer? nobody knows, it's whatever you want it to be
    You can have a place so super they have an 8.

• Options

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

I dunno, sometimes it enhances the experience!

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Somehow my job now is even more depressing than my previous job.

• Options
    *looks at extra 3m command strips*

*looks at SSD*

hrrrrrrrm

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Technically we could just dangle it in there with zero to secure it but that makes me too paranoid

Why does that make you paranoid? You aren't going to be shaking or moving the computer. As BR said, it's an SSD with no moving parts.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    SSDs need mates and a loving home environment, or they're liable to tear up the carpet.

They sure are getting cheap though

Tumin on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Holy crap SSDs got cheap.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Whorp borp

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    My wife continually blames me that our kids like video games a lot.

Yet it was her idea to build a computer with oldest for his birthday and she just had us all go to office depot to get proper chairs....and oh she asked her dad to redo the table top so the desk has more space for the computers...

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Whorp borp

Plasma torp

• Options

Why does that make you paranoid? You aren't going to be shaking or moving the computer. As BR said, it's an SSD with no moving parts.

You can't just let computer parts dangle in midair!

It's not right!

Mostly I wanted to make sure the screw holes in the casing weren't liable to fry it without proper grounding or something.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Holy crap SSDs got cheap.

I paid 150 for this 1TB Sandisk!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

This is the part where I got my quote trees confused.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

To be fair, that's like the exact right time to use "No Homo".

But it's so homo. She is so fucking gay, I have no idea how she didn't realize it until college, well after she'd started watching shitty movies because the lead women were hot.

If no homo isn't super fucking gay then you are using it wrong.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Noted racist Sir Landshark

• Options
    I currently have 3 HHDs and 1 SSD in my computer. I'm really tempted to just buy like some SSDs right now...

I like to ART
  • Options
    Cloning my old SSD to my new one now. So far the hardest part of this was finagling with cords in my Corsair 250D

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Wooooooooow

This live actions Titans trailer looks like it’s straight out of 2003

• Options

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The new Macbook should perform better in short bursts. So basically if you bought the ultra premium machine even though you didn't really need it, it'll feel like that power is there because everything will be really snappy when opening browsers and stuff. But if you actually try to use it in a sustained way: video renders, crypto, etc, it'll overheat and slow down lower than the old model.

Nah man, thermal throttling is near instant.

It's okay to say they fucked up and to just get the i7.

It takes a few seconds for the throttling to kick in. That's plenty of time under typical light usage for web browsing, etc. I stand by what I wrote.

Also what I wrote was in no way praising apple for this bogus design or their fucked priorities! If anything I called out the machine for having illusory power.

You'll have to excuse me on that, as well. I feel like company fandoms have long since passed into the jurisdiction of Poe's Law.

You must not have been around the day these laptops were announced, and I announced that there was a good chance that I was jumping ship from Apple because of a string of extremely poor products, including botched OS releases, with this trash hardware being the last straw.
    Just get an iPad Pro

It’s a “super computer” apparently

t098dh780p5a.jpeg

• Options

You can't just let computer parts dangle in midair!

It's not right!

Mostly I wanted to make sure the screw holes in the casing weren't liable to fry it without proper grounding or something.

I get you. This is still crazypants. But I get you.

• Options
    a

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

Ah, fair point

You ladies and your need to be emotionally connected with your partner, ugh :wink:

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I currently have 3 HHDs and 1 SSD in my computer. I'm really tempted to just buy like some SSDs right now...

#BuyNarwhalABigSandwich

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Wooooooooow

So it looks good then....?

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    wandering wrote: »
    The new Macbook should perform better in short bursts. So basically if you bought the ultra premium machine even though you didn't really need it, it'll feel like that power is there because everything will be really snappy when opening browsers and stuff. But if you actually try to use it in a sustained way: video renders, crypto, etc, it'll overheat and slow down lower than the old model.

Nah man, thermal throttling is near instant.

It's okay to say they fucked up and to just get the i7.

It takes a few seconds for the throttling to kick in. That's plenty of time under typical light usage for web browsing, etc. I stand by what I wrote.

Also what I wrote was in no way praising apple for this bogus design or their fucked priorities! If anything I called out the machine for having illusory power.

You'll have to excuse me on that, as well. I feel like company fandoms have long since passed into the jurisdiction of Poe's Law.

You must not have been around the day these laptops were announced, and I announced that there was a good chance that I was jumping ship from Apple because of a string of extremely poor products, including botched OS releases, with this trash hardware being the last straw.
    Just get an iPad Pro

It’s a “super computer” apparently

t098dh780p5a.jpeg

No it's a super. computer.

Very different.

VishNub on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Narwhal

You’ve mentioned big sandwiches before

Where do they place on your list of favorite things

• Options
    Wooooooooow

Oh my god that looks hilariously bad
    Like it was created entirely by a group of people still angry about Teen Titans GO

fuck batman
    *robin steps on a guy's neck*

• Options
    Semi-related, I thought I was going to have to do groceries today, and then I opened the freezer and there was a whole chicken in there

#BonusChicken

So we're eating that tonight

• Options
    hot sandwiches > cold sandwiches prove me wrong.

hot tip, you can't.

I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.