As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [chat] is arbitrarily significant

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

my favorite post-sex phrase is "whorp borp thank you porp"

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

Is this how straight people do?

I'm just going to assume this is how straight people do. Stereotype'd.

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Surprisingly, this is not actually conducive to having or enjoying sex.

I dunno, sometimes it enhances the experience!

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

I feel like the standard liberal line at least for a long time on sex differences was that they were literally all made up, and that once everything was properly controlled there was zero difference in dtf-ness between boys and gals. But then, like, every first personal testimony I’ve ever read or heard from a trans person has been like “wow since I started T I wanna fuck like a monster constantly” or “the estrogen... calmed it all down a lot” and etc

I mean there are possible confounding factors here, but it’s awkward for sure with respect to the previous orthodoxy. What is the current party line on this, I want to know what I should say when I get called on to speak at the weekly meeting of the communist sexual anarchy club.

I haven't noticed anything at this point, presumably because I am a creature of pure intellect who happens to unfortunately reside in a meat body

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh man I just watched that Titans trailer.

It felt like a trailer for a new CW show.

Take that how you will.

That's being unfair to the CW shows which have better special effects and writing. It feels like a trailer for a show that's on a cable network you're not sure you have. "Honey do we have explosion? There is a trailer for a new boom blox show."

Wait, that was for a movie and NOT a new TV series?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Black Lightning was fun

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Yes. Shark likes to cuddle. It’s the worst.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faeLyGD7A2M

The snail at the end is like "I'm going too fast I can't stooooooooooooop"

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Supergirl is my jam, but that's at least partially influenced by the fact that Melissa Benoist and Chyler Leigh are my jam

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    kindof sad the CW show did a much better job than the grimdark netflix Luke Cage at being a socially conscious superhero show

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I hear they're adding batgirl to the CW verse. I'm very behind on those shows, the quality definitely dipped.

Flash Season 1 though, so good.

Black Lightning is legitimately very good. It's not tied to the other CW shows and has a slightly different tone.

I also really like that it is pretty much the only superhero thing in any format about a responsible, adult professional parent and community role model who also happens to be a superhero. It's a nice change from the neurotics and borderline sociopaths.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

I feel like the standard liberal line at least for a long time on sex differences was that they were literally all made up, and that once everything was properly controlled there was zero difference in dtf-ness between boys and gals. But then, like, every first personal testimony I’ve ever read or heard from a trans person has been like “wow since I started T I wanna fuck like a monster constantly” or “the estrogen... calmed it all down a lot” and etc

I mean there are possible confounding factors here, but it’s awkward for sure with respect to the previous orthodoxy. What is the current party line on this, I want to know what I should say when I get called on to speak at the weekly meeting of the communist sexual anarchy club.

I haven't noticed anything at this point, presumably because I am a creature of pure intellect who happens to unfortunately reside in a meat body

Being a brain genius in a meat prison is pretty rough, but fortunately there is dunking on people in video games

(Also: interesting)

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    "girls want to bang as much as guys" always struck me as a rhetorical device to ward off the idea that women are pure little angels grossed out by sex, implicitly condoning aggressive male pursuit as the only way to get sex

“Rhetorical device” here seems to be a bit of a euphemism, which is itself exactly the sort of deep rhetoric I would expect out of a creature of the arts

(I tease from a place of love)

MEN'S RIGHTS

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

The snail at the end is like "I'm going to fast I can't stooooooooooooop"

Wait what the fuck did you just happen?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh man I just watched that Titans trailer.

It felt like a trailer for a new CW show.

Take that how you will.

That's being unfair to the CW shows which have better special effects and writing. It feels like a trailer for a show that's on a cable network you're not sure you have. "Honey do we have explosion? There is a trailer for a new boom blox show."

Woah now. I enjoy some CW shows but I think you might be overselling them a bit there.

But also I was saying the trailer looked like a trailer for a CW show. That's where the emphasis should be. The same sort of marketing. Like the extreme over drama, the music, the edginess and just the seeming attempt to appeal to the teenage crowd while trying way too hard. That kinda stuff.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

Get dunked ribbonfish.

• Options

Being a brain genius in a meat prison is pretty rough, but fortunately there is dunking on people in video games

Wait also--can I ask--did the phrase "brain genius" come from chat or is there somewhere else we're getting it from?
    I feel like I've used it constantly for about a week, and my husband was like ??? and I was like ah don't worry it takes a brain genius to understand the humor inherent in the phrase
    But where does it come from?

(Also it's been like 3 weeks so who even knows. But I'm someone who never has much in the way of mood effects from my period so I'm not surprised that hormones wouldn't have a large effect)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I don't know what just happened. That fish used a smoke bomb or something.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I referred (and helped interview) a genderqueer acquaintance for a job at my employer.

They started out in the job using female name & pronouns at work despite using androgynous name & they/them outside of work.

Coincidentally, around the same time, we changed most of our bathroom signage away from gender terms and switched them to "urinal/toilet" and "toilet/no urinals"

My friend felt comfortable enough to start using they/them pronouns and they're now part of our corporate gender identity committee and wrote a blog post on our corporate intranet today about how awesome our company's attention to gender identity is.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    A brain genius is the kind of guy who tells muscle wizards where to cast their punch spells.

• Options
    x4xsvxa8kyql.png
    rw726ea7l1gf.png
    sltc0w8p77mf.png
    s27w6qb6f59k.png

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I do have a regular head-pillow, a big fluffy pillow for between the legs, and a smaller hug-pillow
    kedinik wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »

‘There may be statistical differences between men and women but every person should be treated like an individual’, I guess

Now let’s start the pansexual orgy

I put on my robe and wizard hat

0Kqg7IS.png

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    There's a place by the San Francisco airport that uses a whole loaf of dutch crunch for their sandwiches. I flew too close to the sun that day.

Was it Little Lucca on El Camino Real in South San Francisco?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    I referred (and helped interview) a genderqueer acquaintance for a job at my employer.

They started out in the job using female name & pronouns at work despite using androgynous name & they/them outside of work.

Coincidentally, around the same time, we changed most of our bathroom signage away from gender terms and switched them to "urinal/toilet" and "toilet/no urinals"

My friend felt comfortable enough to start using they/them pronouns and they're now part of our corporate gender identity committee and wrote a blog post on our corporate intranet today about how awesome our company's attention to gender identity is.

oh wow that's a very positive company culture; do you have a lot of young people or something?

that's 100% unimaginable in my field

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Stopped at a really beautiful place, had just one kiosk that only took cash and had no tobacco

Hustled to get to a neigbouring island, ran off the boat to make closing time at 15:30, got my nicotine. Real idyllic, great facilities. We shat, qe showered, we ate, we set sail again.

We're like a dang third of the way to Bergen already

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

Wait also--can I ask--did the phrase "brain genius" come from chat or is there somewhere else we're getting it from?
    I feel like I've used it constantly for about a week, and my husband was like ??? and I was like ah don't worry it takes a brain genius to understand the humor inherent in the phrase

(Also it's been like 3 weeks so who even knows. But I'm someone who never has much in the way of mood effects from my period so I'm not surprised that hormones wouldn't have a large effect)

I got it from chat, but always assumed it was some memery from elsewhere

• Options
    brain genius is 100% an external meme unfortunately

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

I got it from chat, but always assumed it was some memery from elsewhere

Sounds like something they'd say in Dinner for Schmucks.

• Options
    Even in stop motion I still don't know what's going on with that fish, did it attack? Was it attacked? Why the smoke?!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    There's a place by the San Francisco airport that uses a whole loaf of dutch crunch for their sandwiches. I flew too close to the sun that day.

Yarp. Not.my pic but...

9f3aa2e85d1a95959a1f6d03402b45e5.jpg

Tumin on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Even in stop motion I still don't know what's going on with that fish, did it attack? Was it attacked? Why the smoke?!

The ambush fish/eel retreated into its hole. The seabed just had fine silt to easily stir up.

The snail racing off the edge was p funny too

• Options
    I like that kind of construction, as though you're so overwhelmed by the subject of the description that you can only brutishly mash words together as though they're intensifiers

Brain genius
    Sex pervert

• Options

oh wow that's a very positive company culture; do you have a lot of young people or something?

that's 100% unimaginable in my field

We have a fairly typical mix of ages.

Our CEO is a gay man. One of our competitors received some bad publicity for transmisogyny. We are deliberately and strategically positioning ourselves as a queer-friendly company. Partly because our corporate leadership believes in that, partly because it attracts a lot of talent and clientele.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

The ambush fish/eel retreated into its hole. The seabed just had fine silt to easily stir up.

The snail racing off the edge was p funny too

Ok so the one that was waiting was the attacker?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Looked up that fish. Its max size found is 1ft ish so the scale of what happened there was probably small if not still very cool.

• Options

9f3aa2e85d1a95959a1f6d03402b45e5.jpg

*does victory dance*

That place is fantastic and I miss it so much

• Options
    edited July 2018

Brown fish is hiding in the mud waiting for small fish to pass by to eat. Blue fish swims in front of brown fish, brown fish grabs it (very fast), then pulls it back down the burrow. Bottom is very muddy, so movement by brown fish and struggle from blue fish kick up mud.

black mud is underneath brown mud.

VishNub on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    a

Ah, fair point

You ladies and your need to be emotionally connected with your partner, ugh :wink:

haha this is definitely not the case for all ladies

Yup. Shark wants the emotions and long drawn out. I’m more....not? Get in. Get off. Get out.
    video of shark and porp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLRuunCn9k?t=17m29s

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    halp halp Bumble Lady will call me in 30 minutes

*scouts caves for future hermit-hood*

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

Brown fish is hiding in the mud waiting for small fish to pass by to eat. Blue fish swims in front of brown fish, brown fish grabs it (very fast), then pulls it back down the burrow. Bottom is very muddy, so movement by brown fish and struggle from blue fish kick up mud.

black mud is underneath brown mud.

Also, snail falls slowly to its inevitable doom.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

get it together you brain pervert

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I like that kind of construction, as though you're so overwhelmed by the subject of the description that you can only brutishly mash words together as though they're intensifiers

Brain genius
    Sex pervert

Word criminal

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Quick, memorize fascinating facts about your penis to aid in the conversation!

This discussion has been closed.