As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [chat] is arbitrarily significant

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Narwhal

You’ve mentioned big sandwiches before

Where do they place on your list of favorite things

1) Rockets

2) Ladyfish

3) Big Sandwiches

4) High Fives

5) Variations on the traditional High Five

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That Raven looked like a decent take on live action Raven though.

Launching on DC's streaming service so expect no one to see it at all

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    hot sandwiches > cold sandwiches prove me wrong.

hot tip, you can't.

I have room in my belly for both.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    so raven

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

hot tip, you can't.

Piping hot tuna fish

Not a tuna melt

Just like, a tuna sandwich that was left on your dashboard while you worked for 8 hours at Best Buy

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

hot tip, you can't.

Piping hot tuna fish

Not a tuna melt

Just like, a tuna sandwich that was left on your dashboard while you worked for 8 hours at Best Buy

:(

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

hot tip, you can't.

Piping hot tuna fish

Not a tuna melt

Those are the best. Nice 35°C chicken salad sandwich

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

my favorite post-sex phrase is "whorp borp thank you porp"

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

Is this how straight people do?

I'm just going to assume this is how straight people do. Stereotype'd.

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Surprisingly, this is not actually conducive to having or enjoying sex.

I dunno, sometimes it enhances the experience!

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

I feel like the standard liberal line at least for a long time on sex differences was that they were literally all made up, and that once everything was properly controlled there was zero difference in dtf-ness between boys and gals. But then, like, every first personal testimony I’ve ever read or heard from a trans person has been like “wow since I started T I wanna fuck like a monster constantly” or “the estrogen... calmed it all down a lot” and etc

I mean there are possible confounding factors here, but it’s awkward for sure with respect to the previous orthodoxy. What is the current party line on this, I want to know what I should say when I get called on to speak at the weekly meeting of the communist sexual anarchy club.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I love an open-faced cheese and pepperoni sandwich with tomato sauce

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Just imagining other Shakespeare titles in code format now

Nights.Item(Math.Median(Summer)).Dream

This is a quality nerd post.

• Options

hot tip, you can't.

Piping hot tuna fish

Not a tuna melt

only works if you use a lot of mayo

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

hot tip, you can't.

Piping hot tuna fish

Not a tuna melt

that's not a sandwich, that's biological waste you've decided to eat.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    There's a place by the San Francisco airport that uses a whole loaf of dutch crunch for their sandwiches. I flew too close to the sun that day.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    a
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

Ah, fair point

You ladies and your need to be emotionally connected with your partner, ugh :wink:

This is actually problematic: most women, due to anatomy, don't have to be continuously aroused, since the relevant physiological function causes a state which can persist with only intermittent contribution. Meanwhile, alternative anatomies do require constant physiological function in order to continue certain actions. It gets worse, of course, because there is a necessary pressure threshold below which further stimulation is made more difficult, but stimulation is required to increase pressure. Of course, efforts to keep above this threshold are counterproductive, unless one masters mindfulness, and anyway I should write an extremely awkward, dry sex book on mindfulness.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The big thing when I lived in Asheville was fried chicken sandwiches. So tasty.

• Options
    "girls want to bang as much as guys" always struck me as a rhetorical device to ward off the idea that women are pure little angels grossed out by sex, implicitly condoning aggressive male pursuit as the only way to get sex

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    There's a place by the San Francisco airport that uses a whole loaf of dutch crunch for their sandwiches. I flew too close to the sun that day.

I will pursue this interesting new bread concept. More later.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man Steve Coogan really hates self filling water bottles

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

Ah, fair point

You ladies and your need to be emotionally connected with your partner, ugh :wink:

haha this is definitely not the case for all ladies

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    a

Ah, fair point

This is actually problematic: most women, due to anatomy, don't have to be continuously aroused, since the relevant physiological function causes a state which can persist with only intermittent contribution. Meanwhile, alternative anatomies do require constant physiological function in order to continue certain actions. It gets worse, of course, because there is a necessary pressure threshold below which further stimulation is made more difficult, but stimulation is required to increase pressure. Of course, efforts to keep above this threshold are counterproductive, unless one masters mindfulness, and anyway I should write an extremely awkward, dry sex book on mindfulness.

Reading an entire sex ed book written like this would be amazing

"I ... I think I understand how everything works now."

"But do you understand that you understand?"

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    During the Middle Ages, thin slabs of coarse bread called "trenches" (late 15th century English) or, in its French derivative, "trenchers", were used as plates. At the end of the meal, the food-soaked trencher was eaten by the diner (from which we get the expression "trencherman"), or perhaps fed to a dog or saved for beggars. Trenchers were as much the harbingers of open-face sandwiches as they were of disposable crockery.

This is a lot to take in

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    In general I think there's a sort of progressive position of minimizing sex differences because discussing the nuances of differences and how popular ideas are wrong is not fruitful

This is definitely complicated in many ways by growing trans presence and acceptance, which is imo good because it makes room for us to be critical of our ideology

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    MrMister wrote: »

I feel like the standard liberal line at least for a long time on sex differences was that they were literally all made up, and that once everything was properly controlled there was zero difference in dtf-ness between boys and gals. But then, like, every first personal testimony I’ve ever read or heard from a trans person has been like “wow since I started T I wanna fuck like a monster constantly” or “the estrogen... calmed it all down a lot” and etc

I mean there are possible confounding factors here, but it’s awkward for sure with respect to the previous orthodoxy. What is the current party line on this, I want to know what I should say when I get called on to speak at the weekly meeting of the communist sexual anarchy club.

‘There may be statistical differences between men and women but every person should be treated like an individual’, I guess

Now let’s start the pansexual orgy

wandering on
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    a

Ah, fair point

haha this is definitely not the case for all ladies

Yup. Shark wants the emotions and long drawn out. I’m more....not? Get in. Get off. Get out.

porp on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wooooooooow

This live actions Titans trailer looks like it’s straight out of 2003

Oh my god that looks hilariously bad
    Like it was created entirely by a group of people still angry about Teen Titans GO

fuck batman
    *robin steps on a guy's neck*

not even hilariously bad

just straight awful

Delmain on
  • Options
    Alt-post: I know all about women being only briefly or intermittently aroused

• Options
    Ah yes, that common expression, "trencherman"

• Options
    shark is a cuddler confirmed

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oh for goodness sake I knew I remembered Thunderfoot, he's a big asshole about Anita Sarkeesian

I mean, still right about those assholes inventing a dehumdifier but also a big asshole himself in true internet fashion

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    During the Middle Ages, thin slabs of coarse bread called "trenches" (late 15th century English) or, in its French derivative, "trenchers", were used as plates. At the end of the meal, the food-soaked trencher was eaten by the diner (from which we get the expression "trencherman"), or perhaps fed to a dog or saved for beggars. Trenchers were as much the harbingers of open-face sandwiches as they were of disposable crockery.

This is a lot to take in

Yes because you've made a plate from bread and now you have to eat it

• Options
    least take a guy out for dinner first dude

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    "girls want to bang as much as guys" always struck me as a rhetorical device to ward off the idea that women are pure little angels grossed out by sex, implicitly condoning aggressive male pursuit as the only way to get sex

“Rhetorical device” here seems to be a bit of a euphemism, which is itself exactly the sort of deep rhetoric I would expect out of a creature of the arts

(I tease from a place of love)

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    a

Ah, fair point

This sounds like the book my wife is eventually going to write.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    shark is a cuddler confirmed

They do that fin biting stuff. They are all in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Boobs?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh man I just watched that Titans trailer.

It felt like a trailer for a new CW show.

Take that how you will.

• Options

Take that how you will.

That's being unfair to the CW shows which have better special effects and writing. It feels like a trailer for a show that's on a cable network you're not sure you have. "Honey do we have explosion? There is a trailer for a new boom blox show."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Take that how you will.

this is perfect and 100% of all the information I needed

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

‘There may be statistical differences between men and women but every person should be treated like an individual’, I guess

Now let’s start the pansexual orgy

I put on my robe and wizard hat

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I hear they're adding batgirl to the CW verse. I'm very behind on those shows, the quality definitely dipped.

Flash Season 1 though, so good.

This discussion has been closed.