As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [chat] is arbitrarily significant

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I like that kind of construction, as though you're so overwhelmed by the subject of the description that you can only brutishly mash words together as though they're intensifiers

Brain genius
    Sex pervert

Word criminal

Smooth criminal.

Yow!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I like that kind of construction, as though you're so overwhelmed by the subject of the description that you can only brutishly mash words together as though they're intensifiers

Brain genius
    Sex pervert

Word criminal

You've read lit by
    A word criminal

Bubba dubba dubba dum dum, bubba dum dum, bubba dum dum

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ckwzif7okt0r.png

what a set of headlines

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    My friend just asked me to bring her a dress rehearsal dinner cake for her wedding. Hoping it will survive the car ride (2.5 hours)
    eeekk.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    What

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Dear rich people,

Shut the fuck up.

Thanks

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Those are real btw

From my newsfeed today

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Me: Hey so my brother and SIL had a baby

Bullfriend: Do you know its gender?

Me: *pushes up glasses* Ahem, don’t you mean “sex”, because “gender” refers to a person’s inner-

Bullfriend (who is trans): Oh fuck off

I take every opportunity to call Querry sexist or homophobic or anything I can in this manner.

I mean she says super sexist things, so it's not that hard, but

porp was using the monkey filter while facetiming her sister and I was like

"hey why do you look like a monkey on there"

and she was like omg you racist piece of shit

but

but

more like Sir Klanshark

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    WoT reread funtimes:
    Perrin just got Faile back. Our longstanding national nightmare is over.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    MrMister wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

my favorite post-sex phrase is "whorp borp thank you porp"

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

Is this how straight people do?

I'm just going to assume this is how straight people do. Stereotype'd.

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Surprisingly, this is not actually conducive to having or enjoying sex.

I dunno, sometimes it enhances the experience!

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

I feel like the standard liberal line at least for a long time on sex differences was that they were literally all made up, and that once everything was properly controlled there was zero difference in dtf-ness between boys and gals. But then, like, every first personal testimony I’ve ever read or heard from a trans person has been like “wow since I started T I wanna fuck like a monster constantly” or “the estrogen... calmed it all down a lot” and etc

I mean there are possible confounding factors here, but it’s awkward for sure with respect to the previous orthodoxy. What is the current party line on this, I want to know what I should say when I get called on to speak at the weekly meeting of the communist sexual anarchy club.

I haven't noticed anything at this point, presumably because I am a creature of pure intellect who happens to unfortunately reside in a meat body

Being a brain genius in a meat prison is pretty rough, but fortunately there is dunking on people in video games

(Also: interesting)

Wait also--can I ask--did the phrase "brain genius" come from chat or is there somewhere else we're getting it from?
    I feel like I've used it constantly for about a week, and my husband was like ??? and I was like ah don't worry it takes a brain genius to understand the humor inherent in the phrase
    But where does it come from?

(Also it's been like 3 weeks so who even knows. But I'm someone who never has much in the way of mood effects from my period so I'm not surprised that hormones wouldn't have a large effect)

I got it from chat, but always assumed it was some memery from elsewhere

im not sure chat's developed an actual good meme itself

we're too old

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    a
    Querry has definitely informed me that I should be in the kitchen before, and capped sex by getting up and saying "no homo, bro, no homo" before walking off.

pre-sex I like to loudly declare that it is "SLIME TIME" and then put my arms behind my back and wriggle all over her like a slug leaving a slime trail

I, perhaps unsurprisingly, tend to heavily rely on rocket-based puns for my bedroom talk

I definitely go into weird mental spaces where I think about the absurdity of an evolutionary system that requires such ridiculous things to reproduce, and how hilarious our pretensions of being somehow above other animals is when we're awkwardly sticking organs in or on things and then making absurd noises and faces.

Realizing how silly the whole thing is almost immediately eliminates any performance anxiety, I'll say that much :P

I am relatively certain that mental arousal is required more since I started estrogen, though.

I feel like the standard liberal line at least for a long time on sex differences was that they were literally all made up, and that once everything was properly controlled there was zero difference in dtf-ness between boys and gals. But then, like, every first personal testimony I’ve ever read or heard from a trans person has been like “wow since I started T I wanna fuck like a monster constantly” or “the estrogen... calmed it all down a lot” and etc

I mean there are possible confounding factors here, but it’s awkward for sure with respect to the previous orthodoxy. What is the current party line on this, I want to know what I should say when I get called on to speak at the weekly meeting of the communist sexual anarchy club.

I haven't noticed anything at this point, presumably because I am a creature of pure intellect who happens to unfortunately reside in a meat body

Being a brain genius in a meat prison is pretty rough, but fortunately there is dunking on people in video games

Wait also--can I ask--did the phrase "brain genius" come from chat or is there somewhere else we're getting it from?
    I feel like I've used it constantly for about a week, and my husband was like ??? and I was like ah don't worry it takes a brain genius to understand the humor inherent in the phrase

(Also it's been like 3 weeks so who even knows. But I'm someone who never has much in the way of mood effects from my period so I'm not surprised that hormones wouldn't have a large effect)

we're too old

jen her ale?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    a

we're too old

*puts on glasses*

u6os8kkyi14w.jpg

This checks out.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    a

we're too old

DRINK

THE

BLEACH

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ckwzif7okt0r.png

what a set of headlines

I am happy throwing him out of the famous Jew club right now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    a
    Aioua wrote: »
    a

we're too old

DRINK

THE

BLEACH

this is prob the best chat original kudos to @tav

• Options
    a

we're too old

BABYMOUTH

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Frog ramming

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    my favorite PA forums meme is "I am calling the newspaper on both phones" which is from some really fucking old comic edit

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh man I just watched that Titans trailer.

It felt like a trailer for a new CW show.

Take that how you will.

Well considering it’s being produced by Greg Berlanti I would of expected it to look like the CW stuff

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    ckwzif7okt0r.png

what a set of headlines

actual quote, for anyone interested:
    "I'm Jewish and there's a set of people who deny that the Holocaust happened," he told reporter Kara Swisher.

"I find it deeply offensive. But at the end of the day, I don't believe that our platform should take that down because I think there are things that different people get wrong. I don't think that they're intentionally getting it wrong.

"Everyone gets things wrong and if we were taking down people's accounts when they got a few things wrong, then that would be a hard world for giving people a voice and saying that you care about that."

The comments caused a storm of protest.

I think he makes a fair point regarding incorrect vs intentionally misleading/fake news but also it was a terrible example since holocaust denial falls under racism in my book, which is something facebook should definitely be policing I M O

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I am so gassy I should not have ate the arbys

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Damn, I couldn't imagine my company going that far.

We're doing much better than we were. Used to have bible studies on Thursdays. Now we had a special thing for pride month where everyone put up pictures of their families (even non standard!) on the wall in entrance to the company. But they would still never be so woke as to be gender neutral.

• Options
    a

we're too old

BABYMOUTH

your vanity is ill-becoming EM

also babymouth is not a meme in my book

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    I am so gassy I should not have ate the arbys

Rookie mistake

You never actually take the advice

• Options
    a

we're too old

BABYMOUTH

More of a way of life really

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Those comments could not be a more anticlimactic comedown from the headlines

Ah yes, this world

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    a

we're too old

BABYMOUTH

Babymouth, like mustard gas, is a war crime

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Welp this cloning thing didn't work and it won't boot from this ssd. I'll just do a fresh install.

Waffles made a windows 10 install USB on her pc, can I use that to reinstall or will it have the wrong serial key baked in or something?

• Options
    Those comments could not be a more anticlimactic comedown from the headlines

Ah yes, this world

I often scroll headlines without reading any of the substance and it likely (mis)informs me on various topics

this is a good reminder that I should make more of an effort to click thru and read critically

• Options
    I'll ill become you

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sub landlubbers

It is super pretty here. The mountains of Roms are fucking mighty-looking things.

8T348Gkh.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Damn, I couldn't imagine my company going that far.

We're doing much better than we were. Used to have bible studies on Thursdays. Now we had a special thing for pride month where everyone put up pictures of their families (even non standard!) on the wall in entrance to the company. But they would still never be so woke as to be gender neutral.

My company will celebrate the dumbest shit like national pretzel day or whatever with free snacks in the kitchen but did not even try to have rainbow cupcakes or something for pride month. Shows what our HR priorities are.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Faile is by far the most obnoxious female character in WoT

Which is a real crowded field of competition, so congrats to get her for that.

I mean ok technically Tuon is an evil slaving imperialist, but her bugging Matt is no more than he deserves so it balances out a bit.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I ate an inexplicably marked up cafeteria lunch item that turned out as mediocre as should be expected.

My mistake, I should know better.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man Steve Coogan really hates self filling water bottles

How would that work?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I'll ill become you
    Nobody wants to become Landshark. Landshark is what you end up as when you have sold out.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    @Mazzyx I don't know if you saw, but Dan Carlin's latest episode of Hardcore History is about the Japanese Empire and the lead-up to its role in World War II

I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't vouch for it one way or the other, but I thought you would be interested!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    ckwzif7okt0r.png

what a set of headlines

actual quote, for anyone interested:
    "I'm Jewish and there's a set of people who deny that the Holocaust happened," he told reporter Kara Swisher.

"I find it deeply offensive. But at the end of the day, I don't believe that our platform should take that down because I think there are things that different people get wrong. I don't think that they're intentionally getting it wrong.

"Everyone gets things wrong and if we were taking down people's accounts when they got a few things wrong, then that would be a hard world for giving people a voice and saying that you care about that."

The comments caused a storm of protest.

I think he makes a fair point regarding incorrect vs intentionally misleading/fake news but also it was a terrible example since holocaust denial falls under racism in my book, which is something facebook should definitely be policing I M O

I read the actual quote last night. And I stick with this falls under the hate speech mixed with intentionally misleading information and something that should be policed on a platform like Facebook. Similar to how they try shut down ISIS and KKK stuff if they find it.

The more facebook exists the more learn it can be highly destructive to society in unanticipated ways. See recent lynchings in SE Asia based on Facebook rumors as a good example.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Kana wrote: »
    Faile is by far the most obnoxious female character in WoT

Which is a real crowded field of competition, so congrats to get her for that.

I mean ok technically Tuon is an evil slaving imperialist, but her bugging Matt is no more than he deserves so it balances out a bit.

*tugs braid*
    *smooths skirts*

VishNub on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

(Sorry for the delay, lab things are happening)

@MrMister Invite me to this club it is my jam.

Anyway, I think that sex differences, especially psychological ones, are overstated. I also think this is a tricky subject because, in addition to all the confounds, the state of "having more testosterone" is not the same as the state of "sudden increase in testosterone" - it's totally plausible that testosterone causes sexual behaviors, but in a way that is strictly controlled by it relative to baseline (e.g., an increase from one unit to two units in women causes the same thing as an increase from fifty to a hundred in men. I think this is actually a large part of it. Probably not all of it, though! There is also a question of the, for lack of a better word, bruteness or baseness of the behavior. I can say that blocking testosterone and adding estrogen fucking tanked my sex drive. Hardcore. From the like, multiple-times-a-day to every-two-months orgasm for a while (it has since returned to a probably relatively median schedule). I ALSO find that I need to be both physically and mentally aroused for things to work - but is this psychological? Arousal is such a psychological phenomenon! And furthermore, it suffers from a sort of runaway placebo effect (e.g., the worse someone is worried about ED, the worse the ED becomes). It's also possible that it's a side effect of something else, like... testosterone is important for erectile function*, so loss of testosterone leads to a decrease in erectile function to a threshold where suddenly previously unimportant factors (psychological arousal) are suddenly huge factors, due to a baseline level of physiological arousal being closer to the ok/not ok threshold.

So it's complex, and I think psych factors are probably still mostly socially constructed, while more physiological ones are not. And the confounds make it tricky. And also we have bell curve problems - in couples with sex desire discrepancy, for example, women want sex more than their male partners like.. a quarter to a third of the time. A different mean means huge overlap, and I think talking the way we normally do about this - that women are less sexual than men - obscures this fact and is part of why we have the orthodox backlash against what people generally say. So I guess that I would say, normally, that my reaction is to go into the stats analysis and say that means are basically meaningless, and that social construct overwhelmingly affects especially sexual and gendered behavior, which I think is defensible, even if I also think that we are machines made of meat and everything in our environment, from how we sleep to what we eat to what our mom said twenty five years ago, affects us substantially.

Also the party line is more strident and less nuanced than me. I don't always agree with you on topics here, but you've surely noticed that I'm more likely to take your side, Arch's side, Feral's side, or EM's side** against the majority whenever there is a split. I am not emblematic of our tribe.

*I think less so for me, though. A lot of trans women lose erectile ability. While I'm complaining here, I have nothing really resembling clinical ED, my junk works basically fine unless I get super overheated.

**There may be others, but you four are the ones whom I most often find myself allied with when against majority opinion, and the ones whom I will most often pause upon disagreement and reevaluate my position.

This discussion has been closed.