As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Haven't seen part one, but that shot of the monster slowly coming out the front of the speeding bus was terrifying

I actually rewatched Part I yesterday and it holds up just fine. Characters do some stupid things and there's not a lot of answers, but it's a really tense and satisfying horror movie. Pretty much all of the last day that they show is great and wonderfully paced.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of horror movies but haven't seen the first one because I don't like jump scares and quiet so I feel like it would be a bad movie for me. But this one looks really good.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Damn. I really enjoyed Part I and that 'Day 1' clip from that trailer looked really good. I want more lore behind the creatures themselves, but if it turns into a 'Last of Us' mix with Quiet Place, it could be great.

Problem is of course that there’s no way the monster holds up to increased scrutiny of how this all happened. Because the monsters in a quiet place lose to the army, no question. They aren’t any more dangerous than say, sabertooth tigers were, and we beat them with spears.

Last of Us held up because the fungus was specifically tailored to be our predator in a scary way which made sense. Monsters which hate noise aren’t the same thing. The first one worked perfectly because it gave you just the right amount of mystery vs information. Maybe there were billions of the things. Maybe they were mutated humans. Who knows. But they won, and here we are. Providing more information is always too much of a risk to take in a horror movie I think.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Damn. I really enjoyed Part I and that 'Day 1' clip from that trailer looked really good. I want more lore behind the creatures themselves, but if it turns into a 'Last of Us' mix with Quiet Place, it could be great.

Problem is of course that there’s no way the monster holds up to increased scrutiny of how this all happened. Because the monsters in a quiet place lose to the army, no question. They aren’t any more dangerous than say, sabertooth tigers were, and we beat them with spears.

Last of Us held up because the fungus was specifically tailored to be our predator in a scary way which made sense. Monsters which hate noise aren’t the same thing. The first one worked perfectly because it gave you just the right amount of mystery vs information. Maybe there were billions of the things. Maybe they were mutated humans. Who knows. But they won, and here we are. Providing more information is always too much of a risk to take in a horror movie I think.

Yeah other than Alien/Aliens I can't think of a movie off-hand that was able to move from one to the other.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I am guessing the sequel makes man the worst monster and/or there is a new monster type they will hide from the audience until release.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

This bugged me too, but apparently they're bulletproof. I think it's one of those plot things you're not supposed to think about, like basically all of Looper.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, I just can't get how movies like these are even supposed to be believable enough to be scary. Human beings hit the top of the food chain with fucking pointy stick technology and I'm supposed believe some random-ass critters that follow noise are any kind of threat to humanity?

Even something like "bulletproof" is a sliding scale and you know what? Humans fucking love building better guns. Hell, you know what restricts hunting firearms? Making firearms that are still enough of a challenge to make hunting not boring or too easy. Case in point: punt guns, which were made for hunting flocks of birds. Flocks of birds. And they were too good at it, so to protect birds they had to ban punt guns. Over 150 years ago.

Some new bullet-resistant animal would last like a week, tops, before somebody built a gun to kill it and started marketing them as food.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    A Quiet Place is a movie where the setting exists solely to set up the story. That's fine. That's how most fiction works honestly, and the more you get into speculative fiction the more that becomes true. Just gotta roll with it.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just can't get how movies like these are even supposed to be believable enough to be scary. Human beings hit the top of the food chain with fucking pointy stick technology and I'm supposed believe some random-ass critters that follow noise are any kind of threat to humanity?

Even something like "bulletproof" is a sliding scale and you know what? Humans fucking love building better guns. Hell, you know what restricts hunting firearms? Making firearms that are still enough of a challenge to make hunting not boring or too easy. Case in point: punt guns, which were made for hunting flocks of birds. Flocks of birds. And they were too good at it, so to protect birds they had to ban punt guns. Over 150 years ago.

Some new bullet-resistant animal would last like a week, tops, before somebody built a gun to kill it and started marketing them as food.

No kidding I don't care how much armor you have making some kind of armor piercing ammo would take weeks to find something that works. Also these things don't seem to be able to rip their way through things like tanks so a tank with a bunch of loud speakers in a field would be a pretty solid way of ripping them a new one. People always underestimate how good people are at killing stuff. Most of the limitations we have are self imposed if it ever became an existential need to kill some specific thing you can bet your ass humans would figure that out quickly.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

No kidding I don't care how much armor you have making some kind of armor piercing ammo would take weeks to find something that works. Also these things don't seem to be able to rip their way through things like tanks so a tank with a bunch of loud speakers in a field would be a pretty solid way of ripping them a new one. People always underestimate how good people are at killing stuff. Most of the limitations we have are self imposed if it ever became an existential need to kill some specific thing you can bet your ass humans would figure that out quickly.

Seems like the monsters/aliens win mostly from a blitz attack. Look at the initial chaos. Who cares if you can build the ultimate weapon in a week, the engineers you need to do that died on the way to the grocery without knowing there was an attack.

You'll get some people that survive, but the infrastructure to mass produce armor piercing weapons and bullets is gone. Also your loud speakers died when the power went out do to downed power lines and no one to fix them.

:P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I assume like book World War Z and countless other apocalypse settings, there was a failure of infrastructure that led to the collapse of society where the original movie took place.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Honestly after the first couple backwater towns are massacred the local police departments would handle this just fine with their helicopters and a single sniper.

Even if we allow that the alien skin is a magic super material that's completely impervious, as seen in the movie when they open up their entire skulls you can shoot them just fine. You just fly around at whatever altitude is the right height for the noise level required to draw them in and make them open up their skulls in confusion searching for the sound and then put a bullet in their skull. Or, y'know, the military firebombs them or poisons them or whatever.

The thing that strains suspension of disbelief is that they're just dumb animals. Like you can probably kill them with pit traps, let alone any kind of creative solution, and it's kinda silly that when fighting creatures with super hearing no one thought to mess around with sound attacks?

Anyway look no one is saying it's a problem, you just accept it as a conceit of the story to allow the story to happen, like zombie movies, zombies are another issue that the local police department would handle easily.

It's just when the media moves past that and starts trying to explain shit, treating this scenario seriously, that I personally start getting annoyed. Like World War Z, to return to the zombie analogy, desperately trying to convince me that human wave melee tactics would have any effect against any military on the globe.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Honestly after the first couple backwater towns are massacred the local police departments would handle this just fine with their helicopters and a single sniper.

Even if we allow that the alien skin is a magic super material that's completely impervious, as seen in the movie when they open up their entire skulls you can shoot them just fine. You just fly around at whatever altitude is the right height for the noise level required to draw them in and make them open up their skulls in confusion searching for the sound and then put a bullet in their skull. Or, y'know, the military firebombs them or poisons them or whatever.

The thing that strains suspension of disbelief is that they're just dumb animals. Like you can probably kill them with pit traps, let alone any kind of creative solution, and it's kinda silly that when fighting creatures with super hearing no one thought to mess around with sound attacks?

Anyway look no one is saying it's a problem, you just accept it as a conceit of the story to allow the story to happen, like zombie movies, zombies are another issue that the local police department would handle easily.

It's just when the media moves past that and starts trying to explain shit, treating this scenario seriously, that I personally start getting annoyed. Like World War Z, to return to the zombie analogy, desperately trying to convince me that human wave melee tactics would have any effect against any military on the globe.

It's funny that in that respect Shawn of the Dead is one of the most realistic zombie films. It's a giant shitshow ... for like 24-48 hours. And then the military rolls in and everything gets cleaned up.

shryke on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

It's funny that in that respect Shawn of the Dead is one of the most realistic zombie films. It's a giant shitshow ... for like 24-48 hours. And then the military rolls in and everything gets cleaned up.

Pretty much

the communications blackout would be bad but not wore than a bad hurricane

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I think the military actually would have a problem dealing with a zombie apocalypse, but not really for the reasons usually given. Like in Shin Godzilla, it would be a bureaucratic and political nightmare organizing a campaign on American soil against unarmed civilians, at least not until the situation was wildly out of hand.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Pretty much

the communications blackout would be bad but not wore than a bad hurricane

Yes, but a world-wide "bad hurricane" would be pretty tough!

(I'm not really disagreeing that the premise here is dumb, it's just fun to thought-experiment ways that society would collapse due to monster-aliens :P )

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    If I were writing any kind of post apocalypse setting and cared about explaining how it came about in some mundane fashion I'd always go with a plague. Super plague fucks the entire globe and after some amount of time mutates to reanimate the dead. These sound aliens land and are also carriers of a super plague, they start off being quickly put down but then society starts collapsing.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    If I were writing any kind of post apocalypse setting and cared about explaining how it came about in some mundane fashion I'd always go with a plague. Super plague fucks the entire globe and after some amount of time mutates to reanimate the dead. These sound aliens land and are also carriers of a super plague, they start off being quickly put down but then society starts collapsing.

Yes, but then it just becomes a zombie movie. Which quiet place wasn’t. I think it’s always best just to leave these franchises be. As someone said, only alien/aliens managed to keep a real level of threat for the lone monster first movie and multi monster sequel without relying on “Humans are the real monsters”, and it had a monster in the first one which actually won, killed everything, and actually tricked Ripley into escaping.

I genuinely can’t think of any kind of follow up I want to see in quiet place which could make it better. I don’t want to see how it all happened (because it will inevitably be stupid and misunderstand human abilities to kill things) and I don’t want to see what happened next, because it will cheapen the efforts of the first film.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Yes, that's what everyone is saying this last page, but apparently the Hollywood math predicts this'll make money despite that so here we are.

• Options
    Weird as it is, Day of the Triffids got the whole setup right. The Triffids don't really get their shot until much of the world is stricken blind by a cosmic occurrence.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the first film, but was extraordinarily unenthused by the trailer for the sequel until Cillian Murphy shows up. Completely onboard now.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Given the trailer I think the main theme of A Quiet Place II is going to be:
    The monsters weren't really the problem - it was people's reaction to them and their inevitable selfish turning on each other that caused a cascade of failures and the breakdown of society. So, pretty much the theme of many zombie/post-apocalyptic stories.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    The Mist plays the above mentioned angle pretty well. Chaos and religious whackadoos for a day or two, then the military shows up with flamethrowers and tanks. "Man, those spider things burn real fuckin' good eh?"
    I think the military actually would have a problem dealing with a zombie apocalypse, but not really for the reasons usually given. Like in Shin Godzilla, it would be a bureaucratic and political nightmare organizing a campaign on American soil against unarmed civilians, at least not until the situation was wildly out of hand.

In the original zombie survival guide book the military doesn't really adapt to how the zombies work until a little after society starts to go to shit. Then they regroup, re-equip for zombies and go to work.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Given the trailer I think the main theme of A Quiet Place II is going to be:
    The monsters weren't really the problem - it was people's reaction to them and their inevitable selfish turning on each other that caused a cascade of failures and the breakdown of society. So, pretty much the theme of many zombie/post-apocalyptic stories.

Frankly, this is beyond old as an excuse for the breakdown of society. You'd have way-out-there survivalist whackjobs banding together, military folks scooping up their friends and family, police forces and national guard grouping people together, and aaaaassssloads of average people banding together to help each other, not everybody straight fucking each other over. It's not something Hollywood can make money off of, but society isn't 98% Purge-ready individuals slavering to murder their neighbors at the drop of the proverbial hat and held in restraint only by the looming menace of police and the law.

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    The Mist plays the above mentioned angle pretty well. Chaos and religious whackadoos for a day or two, then the military shows up with flamethrowers and tanks. "Man, those spider things burn real fuckin' good eh?"

In the original zombie survival guide book the military doesn't really adapt to how the zombies work until a little after society starts to go to shit. Then they regroup, re-equip for zombies and go to work.

I love the bit where Max Brooks consulted with military figures and found out that yes, they really do have a plan to deal with a Zombie apocalypse.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

I love the bit where Max Brooks consulted with military figures and found out that yes, they really do have a plan to deal with a Zombie apocalypse.

Alien Invasions and the Rapture too, if I remember right.

They're usually thought exercises though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Eh, just because we have sniper rifles and bullets that can punch through inches of plate armour doesn't mean that a faster stronger more deadly saber toothed tiger with skin that requires an anti-materiel weapon to pierce isn't a major problem. Like, one of them would be put down easily enough. If they showed up in the hundreds of thousands or millions, I'm not sure there are enough trained troops to handle them all before the body count is absurd already.

I agree it's a little handwavy. Sure. It's the conceit by which the movie is made. Without the military being neutralized, and being unable to handle the creatures, the movie doesn't happen, ergo, either someone fucked up, or these things are just that OP where they shrug off a .50 cal round and boy that's a bad day. Being able to fly is great, but you have to come down eventually, and landing aircraft make a shitload of noise. Now you have the base defense scene from Starship troopers except these fucking things just won't die like they should.

But again, it's a conceit. And I don't mind movies presenting 'this is how we got here, and it's the story we want to tell. We'll strive to maintain coherent plot elements but if you think a Sheriff's department and a hazmat team could've wrapped this up in a weekend, you're probably not going to enjoy this'. And honestly, in the real world and entertainment there's a regularly recurring theme of 'all you need is the US military to light shit up enough that the problem goes away' where having that not work is in itself occasionally a nice change of pace.

Before anyone gets too ready to poke holes here, I'm simply presenting my take on things. Others are of course welcome to their opinions, and a movie's premise doesn't make it impervious to critique (unlike the alien's skin and bullets, oh ho ho!), I think I just see things differently from a lot of people, especially my fellow attention to detail focused types. Instead of taking something and saying 'that doesn't make sense, that's not how that works', I simply recognize 'okay, this is where we are, the movie gave us a baseline of how it started and part of how we got here, if X, Y, and Z need to occur in my head canon to fill in the gaps, so be it'. Whatever the cause, the US military, for all its incredible power, got overrun and torn apart. And here we are. They didn't fend off the invasion because we clearly see they failed to fend off the invasion. 'But they totally should have' isn't the story being told.

On further thought, it might actually be a really interesting premise to have a catastrophe like that play out in the first few minutes of a film, the immediate response it to Hellfire the shit out of anything on more than 2 legs, and the rest of the movie is dealing with the aftermath of humanity both facing extra terrestrial invasion AND the use of force by military's against their own nations civilian populations (cycling back to needing heavy firepower to put whatever it was down, there would definitely be collateral damage). A debate about 'sure we made it, but at what cost? What if this happens again?', that kind of thing.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    The core problem with stories like this is that they're basically a legacy of pre-internet and pre-modern-military scifi stories, without adapting to modern times.

Take a movie like Them versus the old War of the Worlds. In Them, the premise of the giant ants (from atomic tests) is silly, but the way the movie handles them from the human side is actually really really good: planning, organization, and communication. The ants act just like the animals they are, and the movie is basically a race between humans hunting down the wandering queens and the ants breeding to take over the Earth. Yeah, the ants can eat up cattle, unarmed humans, and random farmers armed with a shotgun or something, but against the military? Straight fucked. Any infantryman can be armed to kill the giant ants easily, they just have to be found before the can eat up all the civilians and reproduce.

War of the Worlds is obviously more bleak, but the military is useless there because it faces an intelligent foe with unmatched technology. There is no (known) effective way to combat them. The horror is the looming end of humanity, with everyone everywhere totally helpless against the advancing Martian war machines. Fighting back is just never an option, but that's the point of the situation.

For stuff like A Quiet Place II, the writing is just cheap and lazy for why the world falls apart because it would actually be challenging to come up with a scenario where the critters don't simply pop up and overwhelm the planet because that's the story. But they've just got to crank up the drama dial, so of course it's all of humanity threatened. Shit, something like Tremors and even Tremors II are massively more well-constructed in comparison, because it's a big bad new animal threat but the threat stays totally local. Isolated location, minimal communication, everybody fights with what they can get their hands on. Which is squarely where such threats should only operate without some secondary factor: local, where the threat either hasn't reached out to civilization proper yet or where the military has the situation contained.

Otherwise, it's just a bad 50s scifi movie that looks like a modern movie.

• Options
    Them is so good. It's an amazingly well-shot and well-thought-out movie for its schlocky premise.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Calling the writing cheap and lazy for a film that has yet to be released is certainly a take.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Sure, but then they all just end like the above mentioned Mist (which I haven't seen, but have read enough spoilers about to run with); it's all a big deal to the dozens or hundreds or thousands of people in the immediate vicinity with little or no risk of getting bigger because the military (usually American for obvious reasons) will be there shortly, even if they're currently cleaning up their own mess.

Now, granted, not every movie needs an extinction level threat, but "we just need to hunker down for 2 hours and then the Apaches will be blowing shit up, hopefully not including us" puts a bit too much of a meta thing to it. Even if realistically that's what most people should do in such a crisis (until written with a way to force them out; lacking supplies, dire need of medication, claustrophobia, in fighting/betrayal, whatever the common trope used might be in that case).

If trying to tell a story about a changed world, about something that isn't just limited to a given county or township, it does take a little handwaving, sure. And I do hope more movies and shows and books better adapt to our new world, without relying on 'oh no the internet and cell phones don't work because reasons!' every time.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Calling the writing cheap and lazy for a film that has yet to be released is certainly a take.

Also since the military is clearly the bad guys by the writing revealed in the trailer.

That being said its really not a stretch either way. Where did they come from? Space? So theyre a bio weapon thst hunts apex predators with a known weakness. Such the invaders interested in non-apex bio diversity only have to destroy military locations and then can let the weapon clean things up for them.

Underground? Was there one breach or many breaches? If many then it could have easily overwhelmed local defense forces to the point where proper units could not mobilize. Plus the response would have to be scorched earth anyway(good luck hitting them with a tank round) so if theyre everywhere youre kinda doomed anyway.

Made by man? Well see aliens then. Man, obviously, can deal with the military.

Edit: the internet and cell phones dont work because the people maintaining the networks and the power to those networks are dead.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The core problem with stories like this is that they're basically a legacy of pre-internet and pre-modern-military scifi stories, without adapting to modern times.

Take a movie like Them versus the old War of the Worlds. In Them, the premise of the giant ants (from atomic tests) is silly, but the way the movie handles them from the human side is actually really really good: planning, organization, and communication. The ants act just like the animals they are, and the movie is basically a race between humans hunting down the wandering queens and the ants breeding to take over the Earth. Yeah, the ants can eat up cattle, unarmed humans, and random farmers armed with a shotgun or something, but against the military? Straight fucked. Any infantryman can be armed to kill the giant ants easily, they just have to be found before the can eat up all the civilians and reproduce.

War of the Worlds is obviously more bleak, but the military is useless there because it faces an intelligent foe with unmatched technology. There is no (known) effective way to combat them. The horror is the looming end of humanity, with everyone everywhere totally helpless against the advancing Martian war machines. Fighting back is just never an option, but that's the point of the situation.

For stuff like A Quiet Place II, the writing is just cheap and lazy for why the world falls apart because it would actually be challenging to come up with a scenario where the critters don't simply pop up and overwhelm the planet because that's the story. But they've just got to crank up the drama dial, so of course it's all of humanity threatened. Shit, something like Tremors and even Tremors II are massively more well-constructed in comparison, because it's a big bad new animal threat but the threat stays totally local. Isolated location, minimal communication, everybody fights with what they can get their hands on. Which is squarely where such threats should only operate without some secondary factor: local, where the threat either hasn't reached out to civilization proper yet or where the military has the situation contained.

Otherwise, it's just a bad 50s scifi movie that looks like a modern movie.

The main plot of Tremors is figuring out how to deal with the graboids; this carries over to the sequel where, when properly prepared, they kill dozens of worms and only get fucked over when the worms metamorphosize into a new form they were unprepared for.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ahh yes the deep tremors lore.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ahh yes the deep tremors lore.

As someone who has seen and owns every movie, has seen the original series, and the failed Kevin Bacon pilot.

Tremors are a real threat to our way of life. We should build a wall.....underground.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also I'm getting kind of tired of the whole "Stanford Prison Experiment" rule of post apocalypse filmmaking.

To me this Quiet Place sequel feels like 28 days later only Cillian Murphy is going to get to play the role of the head army guy, basically shot for shot.

That's what I liked about Pacific Rim and ID4 and the like. If something is a big enough threat, the world comes together to beat it, not crumbles apart. I enjoy those movies more.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also I'm getting kind of tired of the whole "Stanford Prison Experiment" rule of post apocalypse filmmaking.

To me this Quiet Place sequel feels like 28 days later only Cillian Murphy is going to get to play the role of the head army guy, basically shot for shot.

That's what I liked about Pacific Rim and ID4 and the like. If something is a big enough threat, the world comes together to beat it, not crumbles apart. I enjoy those movies more.

Yeah for the most part in disaster scenarios people come together, hilariously the only people who don't are the very rich, its not as "elite panic". Yet the majority of time when we see shitty assholes in these movies they always come across as poor to middle class little men.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Yeah for the most part in disaster scenarios people come together, hilariously the only people who don't are the very rich, its not as "elite panic". Yet the majority of time when we see shitty assholes in these movies they always come across as poor to middle class little men.

Men who sold copying machines...

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    First trailer for that was 3 years ago. I am pretty sure it's going to suck so hard it collapses on itself. Also, that is some shitty uninspired music for it.
    Taramoor wrote: »

Men who sold copying machines...

I rather liked that 'twist' in Postman, that the people who led weren't anything special before. I mean, Tom Petty was in there sure, but the fact that the two of them were just a teacher and a copier salesman was pretty good.

Nosf on
This discussion has been closed.