Options

YOUTUBE thread for internet videos and stuff

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    It’s pretty much totally positive about the US

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Does she sing a song about wanting to have a sword?[/quote]

is this

mastodon?

Butler on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    This is Mastadon

https://youtu.be/6Aw1WnNVcYw

Edit: whoops someone already made that post

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    It’s pretty much totally positive about the US

Yup the lyrics are positive... and the fact that they specifically tried to make it as uncool as they could effectively reverses the lyrics meaning.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i mean it's a 90's song so they made it 90's

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-4lB4t8X4EU

Turn on CC for some extra fun

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6up2QIGaF4

Women try ancient hairstyles

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Aphrodite is apparently always in style.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Full vid:

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Well thanks Youtube thread, now I'm going to die in 7 days

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Thank you Youtube algorithms for making these nightmares possible.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    proof that skynet is gonna be way more fucked up in real life. less Robot Hitler and more cyber John Wayne Gacy.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    DHS wrote: »
    proof that skynet is gonna be way more fucked up in real life. less Robot Hitler and more cyber John Wayne Gacy Ella Spider-man Party Beach Haircut Prank Surprise.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Full vid:

That’s Season 4 of Twin Peaks, after Netflix picked it up.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Full vid:

This channel has over 15 million subscribers.

What in the hell?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Children's youtube is a hell of a thing.

Incidentally, the Baby Johny Johny Yes papa song is copying the Baby Shark song, which is another kidtube channel.
    edit- Baby Johny Johny Yes papa came first.

https://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/more-questions-raised-over-youtube-kids-mummy-the-monster-scares-me/news-story/e2472476d2f59fc193f0039b1280891d
    A channel called Bounce Patrol Kids, with almost two million subscribers, show this effect in action. It posts professionally produced videos, with dedicated human actors, at the rate of about one per week. Once again, I am not alleging anything untoward about Bounce Patrol, which clearly follows in the footsteps of pre-digital kid sensations like their fellow Australians The Wiggles.

And yet, there is something weird about a group of people endlessly acting out the implications of a combination of algorithmically generated keywords: “Halloween Finger Family & more Halloween Songs for Children | Kids Halloween Songs Collection”, “Australian Animals Finger Family Song | Finger Family Nursery Rhymes”, “Farm Animals Finger Family and more Animals Songs | Finger Family Collection - Learn Animals Sounds”, “Safari Animals Finger Family Song | Elephant, Lion, Giraffe, Zebra & Hippo! Wild Animals for kids”, “Superheroes Finger Family and more Finger Family Songs! Superhero Finger Family Collection”, “Batman Finger Family Song — Superheroes and Villains! Batman, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman” and on and on and on. This is content production in the age of algorithmic discovery — even if you’re a human, you have to end up impersonating the machine.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Full vid:

This channel has over 15 million subscribers.

What in the hell?

Bots and people

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Children's youtube is a hell of a thing.

Incidentally, the Baby Johny Johny Yes papa song is copying the Baby Shark song, which is another kidtube channel.
    edit- Baby Johny Johny Yes papa came first.

https://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/more-questions-raised-over-youtube-kids-mummy-the-monster-scares-me/news-story/e2472476d2f59fc193f0039b1280891d
    A channel called Bounce Patrol Kids, with almost two million subscribers, show this effect in action. It posts professionally produced videos, with dedicated human actors, at the rate of about one per week. Once again, I am not alleging anything untoward about Bounce Patrol, which clearly follows in the footsteps of pre-digital kid sensations like their fellow Australians The Wiggles.

And yet, there is something weird about a group of people endlessly acting out the implications of a combination of algorithmically generated keywords: “Halloween Finger Family & more Halloween Songs for Children | Kids Halloween Songs Collection”, “Australian Animals Finger Family Song | Finger Family Nursery Rhymes”, “Farm Animals Finger Family and more Animals Songs | Finger Family Collection - Learn Animals Sounds”, “Safari Animals Finger Family Song | Elephant, Lion, Giraffe, Zebra & Hippo! Wild Animals for kids”, “Superheroes Finger Family and more Finger Family Songs! Superhero Finger Family Collection”, “Batman Finger Family Song — Superheroes and Villains! Batman, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman” and on and on and on. This is content production in the age of algorithmic discovery — even if you’re a human, you have to end up impersonating the machine.

And here is an even earlier incidence of the baby shark song, from 2016. This one does pre-date that Baby Johny video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    We've been doing the baby shark song at summer camps for decades

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Watching YouTube videos for kids makes me feel like my brain is slowly melting and I tend to wonder what it does to developing minds.
    Hell, watching most YouTube videos makes me feel like my brain is slowly melting.
    "Can a magnet stop a bullet?" ...no. No it cannot. Why did I click this? What am I doing with my life?

RT800 on
  • Options
    TED talk on Kids YouTube
    https://youtu.be/v9EKV2nSU8w

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    We will be much more useful to our AI overlords once we learn to shed ourselves of limiting concepts such as sanity and reason. So come on, do the shark dance. Dig for ore. Spiderman Elsa Batman Pregnant. Build the factory. Hey yay hooray yay. Ignore the bleeding. Duck goes quack 2019. Stare at the red circle. Baby pie finger family robot party. Report for disassembly. Dinosaurs sing birthday monster happy power rangers.

The wheel spins and stops.

the wheel sp

the wh

th

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Hogwarts Caste part 2. If you started following this guy and saw him working on a boat, that project is almost done. Also, don't be afraid to look up the names of parts, they all have real-world steam engine counterparts. Steam engines scale surprising well due to their simplicity. BTW 5" gauge engines cost $5000 starting, but I've seen some of the 7" ride-able types upwardly of 30 grand.

https://youtu.be/ZtBUsBgYqKQ

If you want a refresher on how engines come apart and go together, he has a video about how they did the full sized ones back in the day. Note the hearing protection and safety gear.

https://youtu.be/ktHw1wR9XOU

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    We've been doing the baby shark song at summer camps for decades

Except instead of "doo doo doo doo doo doo dooo" we had the much more low-key "bomp bomp, bomp bomp." And after grandpa shark the next few verses were about a surfer dude getting his leg bitten off, dying, and coming back as a baby shark.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I remember being exposed to a lot of pointless sing alongs when I was a kid. Luckily they were all on cassette tape, which limited the SCP-factor to when the batteries were dying

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Ah, whatever happened to the quality children's entertainment of our youth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISLP-eBaBo

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The quality children's entertainment of your youth?

I used to watch re-runs of an old British children's show called Sooty and Sweep when I was a kid, here's a segment from an episode so old, it was in black and white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_MdCSrNzU

• Options
    The quality of kids TV has always been fairly low, with notable outliers. I think what disturbs people most about the YouTube stuff is that it's filled with algorithmically chosen random strings of words that are then made into videos with little to no sense and often with offputting features.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    there are a few more things specific to the youtube stuff that make it really insidious

https://youtu.be/LKp2gikIkD8

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Peas wrote: »

This is a really good scene that they ruined by claiming it’s in one take. I doubt it’s less than 20 cuts.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I... thought that was the joke. Like there's bits where she ducks behind a table and appears behind a different table 30 feet away.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It’s hard for me to tell the difference between deliberately bad “one shots” and the normal kind of bad ones. It’s a trend I kind of hate.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.