Options

You play video games on a [Nintendo], right?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The GameCube also had a z button. For some reason they didn't think our left hands could handle two shoulder buttons

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The GameCube also had a z button. For some reason they didn't think our left hands could handle two shoulder buttons

Land R were analog so they didnt need 4

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

It may have been labeled z but it was actually just the Grab Button

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Show me Animal Crossing, Direct

Pleeeeeease

• Options
    The Direct is 35 minutes and focusing on games that are releasing soon. Do not get your hopes up for Animal Crossing because even if it is in the works this is probably not the venue where it would be announced.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I don’t disagree with you but it would be the announcement that put a Switch on my Christmas list this year.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Land R were analog so they didnt need 4

That's not how anything works!

• Options
    Believe me, I get it. I mostly just really hate to see Animal Crossing fans continue to let themselves get hurt.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My uncle that works at Nintendo said they were working on Animal Crossing X-Treme. It's like Animal Crossing but it's totally badass and the animals murder each other.

• Options
    give me an Animal Crossing adaptation of Root

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Believe me, I get it. I mostly just really hate to see Animal Crossing fans continue to let themselves get hurt.

Why would they be hurt, an Animal Crossing game came out just last year

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My uncle that works at Nintendo said they were working on Animal Crossing X-Treme. It's like Animal Crossing but it's totally badass and the animals murder each other.

Cross stream? I think you're misreading the name, assuming it's violent like that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Also, you know

Hurt is maybe too strong a word?

Let down, sure

• Options
    Apparently another approach is to hurt them beforehand so they're already numb to the pain when the Direct happens

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

No it didn’t

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

No it didn’t
    Oh I know, I think the sarcasm didn't come through in the text

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

No it didn’t
    Oh I know, I think the sarcasm didn't come through in the text

/laugh

/cry

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

The more I think about this the more it would rule

Hey if y’all haven’t heard of the board game Root, look it up, it’s about cuddly animals getting into intense conflict over forest supremacy, it’s probably the best game released this year

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Tom Nook demands his money, Nintendo.

where's his money

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Did people not like Pocket Camp? I played it every day, thought it was pretty good. I did fall off after a couple months, but I do that with every AC game

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Did people not like Pocket Camp? I played it every day, thought it was pretty good. I did fall off after a couple months, but I do that with every AC game

it was largely recieved pretty poorly as after an initial week honey moon period

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    mmm moon-honey...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    My wife, the biggest Animal Crossing fan I know, played Pocket Camp for about a day and then stopped

I'll have to ask her for her exact criticism, although I remember her agreeing with Crissy Teigen's thoughts on the matter

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The only decent part of Pocket Camp was the McElroy mechanic birds.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I skipped out on Pocket Camp because I did not have a phone at the time. My brother felt it was a huge let down after the amiibo update to new leaf {which he has few complaints about like how Star Fox and Falco don't work you could make them talk in the same way they do in their game so they sound out of place in AC give them their Airwings in their house which they will never sell and say custom things like I am on vacation

• Options
    I think if I could go back in time and experience any game I’ve ever played for the first time again, under the circumstances I played it, it would be the original Animal Crossing on Gamecube. I didn’t really play PC games until I was out of college (way back in 2002ish) so I didn’t have any kind of MMO live game experience to compare it to, but the real time clock aspect of that game (which I refused to change on principle) was almost a magical experience for me.

I played that game every day for a solid year, often hopping out of real actual holiday events to go make sure I could participate in the in-game ones. Yes, even New Year’s. I realize that they’ve added a lot to the game over the years (one might argue a little too much), but there’s something about that original game that makes it incredibly special. It might be my favorite Nintendo game of all time.

I. Love. Animal Crossing.

So I probably have a one-track post record in this thread, but it really can’t be emphasized enough that AC will sell me on a Switch, unless they reveal that they’ve made drastic changes to the formula that are more mobile game-esque in spirit. Which might be even more heartbreaking than that awful party board game reveal.

• Options
    I

dont think theyll ever make another "real" animal crossing

I just have a vibe

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I

I just have a vibe

Why wouldn’t they

The most recent mainline one was the most successful one yet

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The next """"real"""" """animal crossing""" will have mechanics from pocket camp in it because of the massive financial success of that """""fake"'"""" """"""game""""""

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

Hey if y’all haven’t heard of the board game Root, look it up, it’s about cuddly animals getting into intense conflict over forest supremacy, it’s probably the best game released this year

This would actually rule a lot, root has so much goddang character to it

Extremely disappointed I’ve only gotten to play my copy twice so far

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »

There’s even a “fuck you, pay me” faction to be Tom Nook!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I

I just have a vibe

Why wouldn’t they

because pocket camp made a huge amount of money for a much less complete game

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    They'll make an animal crossing for the switch but it won't be New Leaf But Bigger so it's going to disappoint a lot of people

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

You play as a member of the woodland alliance trying to build up the community in a clearing after the ousting of the cats

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I

I just have a vibe

Why wouldn’t they

new leaf sold 11.78 copies over the course of five years

pocket camp recently made $50 million in 282 days (for reference, super mario run took 222 days, fire emplem heroes just 20 days because gacha games are terrifying)

I dunno how that stacks up for the money-pushers, but, well

• Options

That was not a game it was a cash grab

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'd want to agree and say yeah Nintendo's not gonna put in the effort to make a new AC game when Pocket Camp is so successful

but also Nintendo is a fucking weird company and I have no idea what they're thinking with some of their decisions, maybe they will do another AC

• Options

iuxaak2tfl6l.png

This discussion has been closed.