As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Doll down, all missions. Thanks @Trajan45 your Hyoh made it much smoother. Went the slow and steady route for the first round, and then just blew the big doll up with Hyoh LB chaining after a 60% DEF break from Basch. All in all, a pretty fun fight.

Now to muster to courage to go do Vines of Death.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nyx is up for tomorrow. Around 1550 ATK and status immune.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    fenrir down, all that's left is alex and bahamat. Then I can refocus on the story and some trials.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Premptive Mana burn on the raid trail makes this stupid and not something Im going to stress about.

Wiped on turn 2. Not a damn thing I can do when the whole team has 0MP

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Hey my first rainbow since the Dragon Quest banner... Aloha Lasswell! Pretty good TMR right?

Now that they fixed TDW, I threw the rest of my small amount of tickets at that banner. Didn't get anything but at least I get a bunch of moogles. Kind of wish they'd make that a permanent addition to regular ticket spends. Down to 0 tickets, now the hoard begins lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Hey my first rainbow since the Dragon Quest banner... Aloha Lasswell! Pretty good TMR right?

Now that they fixed TDW, I threw the rest of my small amount of tickets at that banner. Didn't get anything but at least I get a bunch of moogles. Kind of wish they'd make that a permanent addition to regular ticket spends. Down to 0 tickets, now the hoard begins lol.

I was hitting up the crow girl's banner because I wanted her bad lol

• Options
    Lol at this FFXV bundle. $50 for a random XV rainbow. Get the fuck outta here.

• Options
    Hasuko down, damn that was annoying. Used a combo of DEF geared WWFina and Zargabaath to keep MP topped off (Ritual+2 to HP/MP everyone else, Rejuvenate+2 to top off WWFina).

Gearing for DEF and breaking her MAG are the two biggest things to stop her MP drain. Gearing your MP battery for DEF is super important. I also used a passive draw Snow to eat the preliminary Berserk and then he just stayed dead the rest of the fight.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Lol at this FFXV bundle. $50 for a random XV rainbow. Get the fuck outta here.

Oh it's random?? I thought you could select one.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I spent 8 tickets on the banner to pick up three Libertus, which is always a little sad when you know you fused 3+ dupes of him in the past for space purposes.

Ah well, NBD, the tickets replace themselves in an MK event and I have a party full of bonus units now.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Man, the Hasiko's Revenge fight is the most stunningly obnoxious thing they've released in a while. Pre-emptive AoE MP drain, single target Berserk against your highest SPR unit (or unit with high passive provoke), rotating magic and physical immunity, and repeated AoE MP drains throughout. The rewards? A 98 ATK dark element spear, 2 summon tickets, some raid coins and a moogle. Uh, pass.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Two 4* tickets, two Ravus. All done pulling on this banner now. Hooray for hoarding!

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Spent half my hoard looking for Crow lady. 25k lapis and 40-some tickets. Circe, kid rydia, Wilhelm #2, elfreeda. Disappointing, even if it does get me a 7* tank and something for Hyoh if I ever pull a 2nd.

Now I'm eying the other half of my stash. I must be strong. 😑

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I think I set my shitty Nyx as friend unit. He doesn't reach the 1K attack barrier, but I hope he can help people here farm MK points.

I have 200% MK bonus before tickets, dunno whether to throw a few hoping for more bonuses.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Man, the Hasiko's Revenge fight is the most stunningly obnoxious thing they've released in a while. Pre-emptive AoE MP drain, single target Berserk against your highest SPR unit (or unit with high passive provoke), rotating magic and physical immunity, and repeated AoE MP drains throughout. The rewards? A 98 ATK dark element spear, 2 summon tickets, some raid coins and a moogle. Uh, pass.

Yeah fuck that I'm not even going to try. Just reading that made my blood boil.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I'm not too worried about it. As Cruor mentions gearing your mana battery for DEF is apparently super important, and from what I've read CG Nichol can actually dispel the Berserk with one of his skills (needs manual targeting though). Oh, make everyone petrify immune apparently.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I'm not too worried about it. As Cruor mentions gearing your mana battery for DEF is apparently super important, and from what I've read CG Nichol can actually dispel the Berserk with one of his skills (needs manual targeting though). Oh, make everyone petrify immune apparently.

Oh yeah stone immunity is needed, her preemptive stones as well. Failed my second attempt because my friend unit got stoned and I had no reliable stone removal since my whole team was stone immune.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Always have a Rikkus pouch!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The LGD difficulty doesn't seem too bad. I can clear it without much issue with a team of bonus units, 6* Nyx (unenhanced, with fixed dice, but would probably be fine with a dual wield set up as well), Gladio, 2 X Ravus, a Libertus, and a friend Nyx. That puts me at 350% - 400% bonus (depending on if the friend is a 6* or 7* Nyx), which should be plenty. The downside is that I don't think I can make it through if I bring a 7* Ignus, but I don't suspect there will be a lot of those floating around anyway.

I did have to throw 1 MP pot at Nyx, though, since he was 1 MP short of being able to use Kingsglave every turn.

Cururu on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Finished Hasiko's Revenge, what a slog. Forgot about the no LB but not a big deal since it's just raid coins.

Used Wilhelm with passive provoke, Ace to refill MP, Ayaka as backup MP refill, CG Lid for breaks and backup backup MP fill, and 2x Hyoh. My biggest issue was that all my Hyoh friends that have stone resist were using fire... So that took a long time.

Defense and breaks are the main things. I had Ace near 500 Def, but the initial MP drain, dropped him to 0. Once I have CG lids breaks on, he was back to full and never really lost MP again.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Always have a Rikkus pouch!

Like Pod, Rikku's Pouch is a thing I have never used...partially because so many people assume you have it and just use it. It's a weird oppositional pride thing.

I should grab Rikku's Pouch, however, Zargabaath has a lot of wiggle room in his rotation and would make a great candidate for it.

• Options
    lol someone has an all jump team for the MK event.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Used 2 4* tickets to get a copy of Ravus. The first ticket gave me my third Wilhelm.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Trial didn't seem all that bad really but just depends on what you have I guess

100% passive provoke wilhelm but could have been snow. I had all other resists but somehow forgot about stone, so occasionally had to purify him.
    Lid - could be any breaker, or as it turned out not needed if using Malphasie.
    Ayaka - few more def materia than usual, lots of mp & mp regen %
    Nichol - little more def than usual, lots of mp & mp regen % (could be ace, etc)
    2xMalphasie, but could have really been any chainer probably. She was nice for the counter atk/mag break though.

Just have stone resist on everybody. Turn 1, only Lid and maybe one other unit got 0'd out, but Nicole had mp to fill everyone. So did ayaka but I had to purify wilhelm.

Once breaks were up, was really just plenty stable waiting for esper orbs before killing her that turn. Malphasie is fast of course but since it was stable you could use anybody and just take longer, spr < def. Or fit in a summoner to speed that part up instead.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I might just be needing a break here in general. But tirelessly have to re-gear your entire team for one fight with a lack of ability to easily get back to other 'presets' and such is killing my enthusiasm for this game.

Idk, just not been feeling it lately. I wish your team selections saved their gear, so if you flipped between them it would reset the gear and not leave you SOL if you forgot to rearrange everything after the latest tedious fight requirements. That way you just had to specialize one team for one type of fight, and it would move everything when you switched between teams. Could truly have a raid team, a trials team, and a story team, etc. And as others have mentioned, would be great if our friend unit was geared and selected completely in its own space (like FFRK). Wouldn't need to be on any team, wouldn't clash on gear you might need for someone else in a particular fight, etc.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    This event has reminded me how mucking enjoy Nyx and Noctis' kits. I wish Nyx would chain with one of the families, and I hope they do some improvements to Noctis' 7*.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I just got Hasiko down. I went with high SPR with everyone and it helped to preserve mana on the important units. I used:

Ace (esper, draw tank, and MP)
    CG Nichol (buffs, MP, & sharp kick beserk)
    Ayaka (heals, raises, MP)
    CG Lid (breaks & MP)
    TT 6* (Ramuh 3*)
    TT 7* friend (Ramuh 3*)

Took a couple of turns to stabilize, but my 6* TT did enough to help kill the boss after a few turns of dual Chaos Wave Awakened. Definitely an interesting fight. I almost used my UoC on TT so I could 1 shot her, but I decided to see if TT 6* could get it done.

Still gonna wait until next week to see what the Free Summons give me. Today was Werei.

• Options
    As for the MK event, two 800ish attack Promptos chaining + friend Nyx is good enough to clear LGD. Packing a World Destroyer on another unit would give some more head room.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    As for the MK event, two 800ish attack Promptos chaining + friend Nyx is good enough to clear LGD. Packing a World Destroyer on another unit would give some more head room.

What's their chaining attack? I can't figure it out lol

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Trial went well until I forgot to refresh my break. Went downhill from there. Next try.

[edit] Done.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options

What's their chaining attack? I can't figure it out lol

Circular Saw.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Ayaka and Lila MVP on this fight.

Ayaka geared for DEF and MP just ate the MP drain no problem. Plenty of MP left to just do Dedication every round.

Lila chaining hit his lights weakness, targeted his lower SPR and ignored his magic resistance buff.

Other units were 100% draw attacks Wilhelm who did nothing but be berserked and eat the single targets. Lid for atk and magic breaks. Eiko to build esper and cure the DEF and SPR debuffs.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah I guess I'm just hitting the wrong buttons or something because this Hasiko fight is impossible for me. I've got CG Fina with 800+ SPR and 510 MP being nuked to zero every round, plus being berserked despite my balloon-using Wilhelm sitting right there. Top that off with the fact that she reduces everyone's mana to 0 every turn and we have a winner for worst fight introduced in the game so far. This even tops that shitty skeleton they threw out a year or whatever it was ago that was immune to everything except non-elemental magic damage (which I only had ExDeath for at the time). Garbage fight and not even worth it for the rewards.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    It took me several attempts, but once I pulled in both Lid and Nichol, it was easy. Once Lid was able to apply her breaks, the amount of MP lost to the drain was minimal. I could have Ayaka, Nichol and Lid all spamming MP restores each turn and it just became a slow walk to the kill.

• Options
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Yeah I guess I'm just hitting the wrong buttons or something because this Hasiko fight is impossible for me. I've got CG Fina with 800+ SPR and 510 MP being nuked to zero every round, plus being berserked despite my balloon-using Wilhelm sitting right there. Top that off with the fact that she reduces everyone's mana to 0 every turn and we have a winner for worst fight introduced in the game so far. This even tops that shitty skeleton they threw out a year or whatever it was ago that was immune to everything except non-elemental magic damage (which I only had ExDeath for at the time). Garbage fight and not even worth it for the rewards.

Balloon is only 15% so that's 65%. Do you have K Producer's Jacket? That would bump Wilhelm up to 80%.

• Options

Balloon is only 15% so that's 65%. Do you have K Producer's Jacket? That would bump Wilhelm up to 80%.

He needs to be 100% or else it will always target your highest SPR unit I think.

• Options

Balloon gives 15% provoke. With Wilhelm's innate provoke, that makes 65%. You also need Moogle Plushie and K Producer's Jacket for an additional 30%. That gives you 95% for near full passive provoke.

I built CG Fina for defense, MP, and MP refresh, with just enough SPR to give her Curaja some oomph. I also brought CG Lid (who also has an MP restore ability), geared the same as Fina, except without SPR. Together, they were enough to give everyone enough MP to work with. Even Hyoh, who's incredibly MP hungry.

Breaks are important. Keeping Hasiko broken at all times will keep you alive and will reduce the MP drain. 60% breaks, preferably.

So, break + cover + passive provoke + decent MP restore + decent DPS = easy fight.

No, really. Once you can keep fighting indefinitely without risk of death, there are no threshold gimmicks or LB/Esper kills to worry about. Just whittle away her HP until she's dead.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

He needs to be 100% or else it will always target your highest SPR unit I think.

95% worked for me. I think provoke gets checked before SPR.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

95% worked for me. I think provoke gets checked before SPR.

Same here.

• Options
    Ah cool, fair enough. I thought I had remembered something about specific stat targeting attacks (like Aigaion's punch) overriding innate provoke. Must have been misremembering. My bad!

This discussion has been closed.