Options

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I've got 2 6* Noctis and 1 6* Nyx, hoping it's enough to chain and finish.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    That face when you start the 3* Golem fight and realize you brought the wrong team D:

I did complete it successfully on the next try, with the right party, though. Noctis (and Ring of the Lucii) have already paid for themselves. Evade provoke tank + Shylt with 200% earth resistance + some wind chainers = dead Golem.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    What's curious about Nyx is that I don't think his chaining is the strongest aspect of his kit. But he can dual-cast his breaks, resulting in a 50% full break lasting 5 turns (if you enhanced them). Obviously his fancy pants LB fill, self KO thing is fun, but he's still a very strong finisher -- especially if you set up and use his 14x finisher move.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I have a 6* Nyx, two Gladios, and a couple Libertuseseseses, so I have a good amount of bonus already, but I'll probably use two or three 4* tickets to see if I can get a 75% bonus unit or two to help speed things up. This should be a good chance to restock up on some of the tickets I burned looking for a second Hyou.

I'm hoping there will be a lot of 7* Nyxs in the friend pool to chain with. That should make LGD difficulty doable with a full team of bonus units, or so I hope.

Cururu on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    What's curious about Nyx is that I don't think his chaining is the strongest aspect of his kit. But he can dual-cast his breaks, resulting in a 50% full break lasting 5 turns (if you enhanced them). Obviously his fancy pants LB fill, self KO thing is fun, but he's still a very strong finisher -- especially if you set up and use his 14x finisher move.

Theoretically Nyx has the highest physical damage output of any unit currently, if you're using FD. Not sure where he ends up if using a dagger centric build.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I am hoping for Nyx friends as finishers - Prompto can get a 32x chain running fairly easily.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I'm farming Talmonite of Life in the Zadehl Westersand exploration. That's what I'm doing with my time and energy. That's my life. Farming Talmonite of Life.

• Options
    I'll probably load Noctis with Pod 153 for chaining and hope Nyx finishing will work. Throw Shiva/WD on someone for breaks. I have 2 Prompto's but one is not leveled. I may end up leveling up the other one for Circular Saw chaining with 2 Noctis and Nyx finishing if the first route isn't strong enough.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hm. I could make a 7* Nyx. I just can't really divert all the shit my other guys are wearing, and I have fuck all for good daggers in general. Also, not spending a moogle on his TMR, I don't think.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I'm not sure the best gear/setup to farm the new MK event. I guess I need to see what the mob types and elemental weaknesses are, then just Pod 153 chain with Prompto/Noctis and cap with FD Nyx. The problem is, I can't strip my TDH gear set from Hyoh because I still need to be able to farm the raid effectively. Also, Gladio and Noctis #2 are unleveled and I really don't want to sink cactuars into them - that's what raids are for.

• Options
    I posted the types at the bottom of the last page. I'm in the same boat, I don't want to de-gear my raid team for my MK team. Which is why even though I could get 250% bonus with just my units, I may go with 200% and add Hyoh or T.Terra in to make it easier. Hopefully I'll have some friends with 50-100% as well.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    If only Gumi would let you have separate equipment per team... I was shocked that Dragalia Lost lets you do that.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I'm farming Talmonite of Life in the Zadehl Westersand exploration. That's what I'm doing with my time and energy. That's my life. Farming Talmonite of Life.

But why?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I actually have all the 50% bonus units for the MK event. Libertus, Gladiolus (2), Noctis (3), Aranaea, Nyx and Prompto. Except for Libertus, I have one of each at max level. So I'll just equip them the best I can and see how they do.

Zomro on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I'm not sure the best gear/setup to farm the new MK event. I guess I need to see what the mob types and elemental weaknesses are, then just Pod 153 chain with Prompto/Noctis and cap with FD Nyx. The problem is, I can't strip my TDH gear set from Hyoh because I still need to be able to farm the raid effectively. Also, Gladio and Noctis #2 are unleveled and I really don't want to sink cactuars into them - that's what raids are for.

The last stage boss is a Plant type, and has 50% weakness to fire, 50% resistance to ice. Also it's a Malboro (so sick of these things today), so either make sure you can one-shot it or bring status resistances.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Isn't the raid a lot easier to farm with mag/hybrid anyway?

Am going to blow up the dolls after maintenance and before Friday, move TDH gear to Nyx since he's 100% and just suck it up with fixed dice (though have his STMR :( ), and either chain with friends or pod my Nocti and finish with Nyx instead.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    I actually have all the 50% bonus units for the MK event. Libertus, Gladiolus (2), Noctis (3), Aranaea, Nyx and Prompto. Except for Libertus, I have one of each at max level. So I'll just equip them the best I can and see how they do.

I wish more awakenings were out so I could boost Noctis and Aranea and get done with this MK event faster.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Nyx (7*), Noctis, Galdiolus x3 ... hopefully there’s a way to set that up without moogling/120ing Nyx

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Man, playing with friend Trance Terra, she really is like Easy Mode for boss battles.

• Options
    Isn't the raid a lot easier to farm with mag/hybrid anyway?

Am going to blow up the dolls after maintenance and before Friday, move TDH gear to Nyx since he's 100% and just suck it up with fixed dice (though have his STMR :( ), and either chain with friends or pod my Nocti and finish with Nyx instead.

Good point, with Dark Fina, seems you can solo the Raid with T.Terra.

• Options
    The problem is that the friend units are going to be all over the place once the MK event starts. I will be harder for me to do the raid boss so I'll need to keep that team strong to compensate. I guess I will just play it by ear. Hopefully, the MK event is over quick with such high bonus % and bonus mob spawns.

• Options
    Do you have a 7* T.Terra? With SPR break, Dark Fina 120% imperil, and a CG Nichols buff, T.Terra can solo the Raid on ELT. You could probably throw Ace in there if you don't have Dark Fina for the Fire imperil, though you may need more Mag to compensate. I wasn't even getting to the 3rd cast but my T.Terra is over 1600 mag.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I should prolly be doing the 120% dark imperil, but I just have DFina and Barb dual-casting Tornado, CG Lid breaking SPR, Xon stealing and TTerra quad Chaos Firing. Friend unit to either cast more tornados or sometimes Hyoh as Fire Imperil/Servant with TT. Not at all efficient, but my 1500 mag TT and co still average between 11-24 mil dmg each time (and I know its going down long before TT can get in all four casts). With mag attackers, there's a great deal of leeway on this Raid boss.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    I do not have 7* TT or D. Fina so I'm brute forcing the raid boss a bit with physical damage since Hyoh's are so plentiful right now. I will probably have to rework my party to see if Barb can take it out with a chain partner. I do have CG Lid for breaks.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »

But why?

For expeditions. HP pots are worth a few energy pots. It just sucks that farming takes so much effort.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Do you have a 7* T.Terra? With SPR break, Dark Fina 120% imperil, and a CG Nichols buff, T.Terra can solo the Raid on ELT. You could probably throw Ace in there if you don't have Dark Fina for the Fire imperil, though you may need more Mag to compensate. I wasn't even getting to the 3rd cast but my T.Terra is over 1600 mag.

You don't even need that level of imperil. My Terra with 1500 mag and Yan's 50% fire imperil plus Nichol's buff suffices to kill the ELT raid boss.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I do not have 7* TT or D. Fina so I'm brute forcing the raid boss a bit with physical damage since Hyoh's are so plentiful right now. I will probably have to rework my party to see if Barb can take it out with a chain partner. I do have CG Lid for breaks.
    Using Ramza’s spirit break (50% I think) TT (~1600 mag with Ramuh’s MDemon Killer) quad casting chaos wave kills ELt during the second cast. Same break was enough for Lexa & Barb to Tornado + Aeroja a win with medium to good gear

maraji on
  • Options
    tsmvengy wrote: »

But why?

For expeditions. HP pots are worth a few energy pots. It just sucks that farming takes so much effort.
    I guess I don’t get that mission offered to me as often as you do.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Dumped some tickets. Got a Malphasie!

Now I need a second...blah.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Barb enhancements/awakening coming soon? She has a skill called Winds of Chaos... TT chain?

• Options
    "Soon" probably means the end of the month since that seems ro be the release schedule now.

• Options
    Yeah another 4 weeks. Ugh.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    TDW fix is live, people are reporting significant increases in damage output for Malphasie.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Dolls blown up.

Nyx - dead for lb's round 1, didn't bother raising
    Malph - 74% breaks & extra LB
    Ace - imperil, water/earth spells round 2
    Fire Hyohx2 LB
    CG Sak LB, light damage round 2

Wasn't sure if the Hyohs would get round one on their own so brought the mag damage just in case. Didn't time the LB's right at all and the kill seemed comfortable so I'm not sure if the extra mag damage was needed or not. Also her LB is elementless (50% reduced) and only level 2. So probably not.

Round 2 just otk'd by Hyohs the old fashion way.

Skipped the esper mission since I wasn't sure if I could fit it in the OTK's or not, will do it a more normal way for that later, maybe with Malph.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Hmm, somehow I only have 1133 summer stones, I guess I somehow missed one of the daily quests?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I feel this game's grips slowly letting go of me. Yesterday I didn't spend a single NRG (I did the raid whenever I had a moment). And so far today I'm not rushing to burn through them.

Now when the MK comes out I certainly will. Gives me something to actually do other than farm for TMRs.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I feel this game's grips slowly letting go of me. Yesterday I didn't spend a single NRG (I did the raid whenever I had a moment). And so far today I'm not rushing to burn through them.

Now when the MK comes out I certainly will. Gives me something to actually do other than farm for TMRs.

Good!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Dolls got smashed good. Did it the slow and steady way for the first phase; just using physical DPS because I haven't even been blessed with one Trance Terra, let alone two.

Wilhelm (lvl 120) - Bulky Moustache Supreme, tanked it all. With all the dolls alive, there was like a 50/50 chance he would go down on turn he taunted, so re-raise up as a just in case. Had an earth weapon.
    Fina - Re-raise, healing, mana, the usual.
    Lid - Geared out for LB generation. Did ATK/MAG break and then her LB early on. Once it was close to wrapping up, swapped to Entrusting the Hyoh's so their LBs were up for stage 2.
    Queen (lvl 110) - 100% dodge and Odin for Bladeblitz. Had a water weapon. She would open each round with a bladeblitz to trigger physical counters which she then dodged.
    Hyoh / Friend Hyoh - Slowly DPS the dolls down one by one. Fire weapons.

When just about to finish phase 1, Queen killed herself to fill the esper bar and Fina used Archlight to deal the light damage.
    All in all, took 25 turns to slowly wittle down the dolls in stage one.

On phase 2 against the big doll, Fina used Fenrir to buff 120% ATK, Lid used her LB to break the doll, and Hyob's Limit Burst. One turn kill for stage two for all missions completed.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I'm feeling the itch to UoC TT so I can 7* her. She is crushing these trials that I've been slacking on. I'm not sure what's coming down the line that I may need to use a UoC for except maybe a tank (Seighard), but I'm making due with evasion WoL, WKN, and A. Rain for now. Next UoC should be ready to go by the end of the year - which we should have some more options by then. I can't access the CG unit release schedule to check. Thoughts?

edit: If I go with UoC TT, I'm throwing a few 4* tickets at the Summer Banner for some moogles to get her TMR done asap. We'll see. I really don't want to use my UoC if I can help it, but man TT is a powerhouse for a LONG time.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Ugh yes as much as the UoC is burning a hole in my pocket for Wilhelm #2, I can't imagine how it feels for people with only one Trance Terra. She just murders everything.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.