As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Astera Fest: Catch 'em all.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I didn't get a chance to pre-order it last night because the eshop was down and then I got sucked into WoW for the evening, but I'll pick it up when I get home tonight and transfer my 3ds save! :D Excited!!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Did elder dragon investigation stuff last night only to find daora and teostra are keys.

Capcom why.

e: slayed daora, I guess. At least I didn't have to make a whole dedicated set for this one monster this time around.

Cromarty on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Isn't it the Wind pressure skill that lets you ignore a lot of Kushala's silliness?

I found her to be pretty straightforward to take down with LS and a few flash bombs.
    The skill has historically not helped with the wind aura itself, I think. Unless they changed it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Isn't it the Wind pressure skill that lets you ignore a lot of Kushala's silliness?

I found her to be pretty straightforward to take down with LS and a few flash bombs.
    The skill has historically not helped with the wind aura itself, I think. Unless they changed it.

MHW has a skill that I think works against it. On, of course, the Daora armor? Also a HH or two.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Correct! Though Daora no longer loses the aura when poisoned, so they added a new skill to overpower it, but of course it's locked behind the Daora armor anyways.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Does Elderseal help at all, or can you not get close enough to apply it?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not certain if it helps at all, but I was using the nergigante glaive with elderseal for all of of the elder dragons because it's awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Elderseal is more useful on certain elders than others, but you're still at its whims if it will even proc

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'm so torn on save transfer.

Probably will, and just work my way through LR and HR fights to build up new weapons and practice.

Can't go back to old IG after MHW Kinsect management though.

• Options
    It's not so bad, at least compared to MH4 where kinsects were tied to the IG forever.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Long gunlance can tag Kushala well enough.

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    It's not so bad, at least compared to MH4 where kinsects were tied to the IG forever.

Oh, did gen already do away with that?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Got my copy last night from Gamestop, transferred my save over. While it looks so much better on the Switch screen, the text for the skills on the Charm sorting window is so tiny! What are these, Charms for ants?

I cleared out the Urgents, made my way to HR 9 and cleared out a few key quests at that tier. It's good to be back, although I wish I had a larger collection of weapons built up/cleared out before I stopped playing Gen last time. I had JUST played Gen on the 3DS, but I'm finding that my main problem is figuring out spacing with the monsters. I tend to attack too close to them on the Switch, for some reason, and I overshoot attacks with forward movement. I'll get there.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I kept whiffing short doing CB against Barioth in the demo.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

They have a kludge called "Kinsect Swap", which allows you to exchange the Kinsect from two separate IGs. The Kinsects have to both be cutting or both be blunt if you want to switch them, and it doesn't work with DLC weapons.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

IIRC it did, or at least you were able to re-roll the kinsect, been a while since I played, but definitely you no longer had to create a whole new IG if you screwed the kinsect up.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Also, all of the Gen DLC is out there, but you have to re-download it from the menu. Downloaded palicos stay recruited so you get to skip that step at least.

As a bonus, you also get to re-download all of the item packs and stuff.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i might be a convert to the luna hammer, though I'm unsure which variant i actually want to use

got a set that looks cool, has extra slots, and does a fuckton of damage without sacrificing survivability

it's a master's touch build, so razor sharp doesn't feel strictly necessary? with luna/xeno i get 45% crit + razor sharp, but with the blaze i get 55% crit but no razor sharp. i could even go with the nerg version, get some extra damage and compensate for the affinity by slotting in max might.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Saw I had basically no money after transferring my save, so sold 99 golden eggs and immediately had 2 mil.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Damn it, more egg delivery quests.

Why is my transporter set so bad?

Oh, wait... because Prowlers are OP for Gathering quests. Riiiiight.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it turns out my GS skills are a part of my body now, eternal and unrepentant.

...i transferred my save data, and jumped right into Hunter's Hub multiplayer to shake off the rust.
    all the skills came back after a few fights. played a bit this morning, did the congalala quest in under 5 minutes.

it probably really helps that i'm overgeared for the 7* quests.

(friend code 4736-4926-7678)

• Options
    My Switch Friend Code is in my sig.

SW-0085-2679-5212

Goddamn friend codes.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Finally got a shaft streamstone, I feel like on weapon augments the health regen one is probably king?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    In GenU, what does the daily hunt give you extra as a reward?

• Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    In GenU, what does the daily hunt give you extra as a reward?
    More materials from that monster.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah my friend code is in my sig too if people wanna add me. Just say it's PA or something

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Aaaah I don't know how to do this aerial style insect glaive crap aaaaah

• Options
    ...All my Limited Bounty stuff just reset, with 2 days left, and I was one mission away from completing them all. :(

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    Finally. Extremoth down.

If anybody here needs any help with him, let me know.

• Options
    Kay wrote: »
    ...All my Limited Bounty stuff just reset, with 2 days left, and I was one mission away from completing them all. :(

Did this happen to anyone else? I literally had everything except one Rathalos completed, and it reset AS I came back from the last Rathalos mission. (Unless it resets and lets you redo them all again but I'm pretty sure it didn't do that last time.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular

Did this happen to anyone else? I literally had everything except one Rathalos completed, and it reset AS I came back from the last Rathalos mission. (Unless it resets and lets you redo them all again but I'm pretty sure it didn't do that last time.)
    Same here. I had a great girros left to go. Disconnected for awhile, lost access to the limited tab, got it back later with all the same bounties back at 0/x. Kind of annoying considering one is high rank elder dragons and I just got through that one at the end of the story.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Got all my gold crowns out of Deep Green Blues, I'm ready for the next set of event stuff.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    My friend code is 1493-0062-4053.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    If any of you are interested, here is a video of me tanking ex behemoth in phase 4:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MrVIYUFi8UI

I made a lot of mistakes (I should have tried to do more damage, but I was so focused on not getting one shot), but I was nervous, and I’m also a bad player lol.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Oh geez, are there suggested options that I should be aware of?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Yay GenU get! Hopefully I get a chance to play this tomorrow. I haven't played a Monster Hunter since Tri on Wii (besides some demos here and there). I'll have to relearn all the cool GS tricks I used to have memorized. :(

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Gen U:

HH or CB or SA?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Finally got enough Rathian bits to make my Pretty Pretty Princess gunlance. Captures worked much better on expeditions, as did being more cautious during the fights.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Gen U:

HH or CB or SA?

SnS

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Oh geez, are there suggested options that I should be aware of?

Things people might care about: Changing the hunting arts control style. Swapping ZL/L ZR/R buttons. There may be more for people doing ranged weapons.